MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 7:41 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 1798, Nosferatu wrote: I'm not going to waste my time explaining my scum reads to some one who just has a weak-ass case that they need to build. Your scum read on me is a simple sentence read. "Nos has been coasting for the past two days and assigned busy work". Is just about everything you have on me. If I gave my scumreads right now, I'm confident you wouldn't actually analyze them, but just cherry pick and attack my scum reads and claim I'm not reading the game when I am.
Fair enough. Mind you that as far as I can tell you haven't done anything in the way of actually explaining your scum reads in the analytic manner you claimed would be evident. For example - your hop on Snarky was a pure sheep of Radiant. I haven't bothered to pull together a long case on you because, frankly, I've been occupied with Ranger, Ocean and Kill. But at least I've pulled together reasoning on them. When the time comes I'll organize one.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 7:49 am

Post by Nosferatu »

I look forward to telling you why it's shit :]
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 8:18 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 1793, Nosferatu wrote:Why does it matter?
I don't know yet, I'm lost and I'm just grabbing onto anything rn to get some engagement.

@Magna: I'm aware you feel that way and repeating it isn't going to make me suddenly change my mind on it. I have issues with concentration so I JUST CANNOT READ WALLS. Now leave me alone about it. I like mafia and this is the first game I ever played on MS that has such a shitstorm of walls. I like playing with RC, mainly because he is able to get his point accross, get people lynched, without a SINGLE wall in his entire iso. Ranger's walls are easier to read than Imp's because of how it's editted. Magna, I know you always or at least usually post big and yours aren't too hard to follow either. It's mostly Imp with those flat gigantic walls of text. I'm not reading those. Good thing that the stuff I did read from them is making me think they're town so I don't need to read them now either. (And before people start, ofc I will reconsider my read on them if there's a situation asking for it)
Now, you mind talking to me about my reads instead of my personal playstyle?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 9:07 am

@Masq
- Simmer down ... that post was not really directed at you (more-so Ranger ironically). But since forged a mini-wall to explain to me why you dislike wall posts let me ask - who are your scum reads? I keep see you saying you are lost. Can you only engage with a game when people go out of their way to poke and prod you directly?

@Ranger
- I'd like you to explain to me something I just saw in your Diffusion of Power ISO -
In post 961, Ranger wrote:(That was five. I somehow thought Killthestory was alive.)
Looks very much like scum Ranger saying "Hey, I thought this player was alive". Which you spent way too much time trying to convince me was a Town tell for you.

So ... what's up?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 1803, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Can you only engage with a game when people go out of their way to poke and prod you directly?
Part of what I base my reads on is how people interact with me because I'm the only alignment I'm certain of (you know, I know my role pm) So yeah, a huge part of getting more in-depth reads for me is interacting with players. Sadly, I am not the most social of people so I do have a bit of a hard time coming up with stuff to talk about myself.
I think why I'm having a hard time with the 1st 2 days is because I can see myself joining both wagons. So that makes it harder for me to critisize the people on those wagons. I do want to have a look at what people posted as reasons for joining a wagon, but haven't had the motivation for that yet.
(It would probably be a really good idea to hydra with someone that's reasonably good at what I lack but that's not a discussion for here)
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 9:47 am

Post by massive »

Magna, do you have any townreads?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 10:19 am

Post by kelbris »

good news, we have found a replacement for OceanWind. Please welcome RachMarie to the game.
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 10:23 am

Post by kelbris »

VC 3.05Titus (0): none
Ranger (0): none
MagnaofIllusion (0): none
Imperium (0): none
Killthestory (0): none
Masquerade (3) [L-3]: RachMarie, Ollie, Massive
Nosferatu (0): none
Massive (0): None
RachMarie (3) [L-3]: MagnaofIllusion, Titus, Masquerade
Ollie (0): none
not voting: Ranger, Imperium, killthestory, Nosferatu
With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
day 3 has begun, it will end in (expired on 2016-05-19 01:10:00)
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 11:21 am

Post by RachMarie »

reading up
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 11:51 am

Post by Killthestory »

can we lynch MoI? Like I don't even care if he's not scum at this point
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Nosferatu »

he says while not voting
last.fm
gtkas
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 11:55 am

Post by Killthestory »

kek

VOTE: Masquerade

Because I'm B O R E D
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Titus »

VLA Friday to Tuesday
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 8:16 pm

Post by Ranger »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:I continue to be bemused by the inherent irony of player whining about walls in a game based on a written medium.
It's not the amount of text that's the issue.

It's the formatting.

I'd rather read 100 lines containing 1,000 words than something like 5 lines containing those same thousand words. I lose my place easily on the latter; it's virtually impossible for me to lose my place on the former. Tammy does the latter the most, but OceanWind's not far behind, and both you and Masquerade have picked up some of those bad habits.
Because I see a pretty significant discontinuity from her Town game there and what I am seeing this game.
A discontinuity exists, the question you have to ask is whether the discontinuity is alignment-indicative. I've had this debate rather extensively, so hold no interest in reigniting it; the argument is in my iso.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 8:26 pm

Post by Ranger »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Looks very much like scum Ranger saying "Hey, I thought this player was alive". Which you spent way too much time trying to convince me was a Town tell for you. So ... what's up?
The difference is that in Diffusion of Power, Killthestory was lynched (not nightkilled), meaning there was no town credit to be had,
and
Killthestory's death was listed in the OP. Killthestory was listed because of derp. Not scum-faking-derp. Just plain, non-alignment-indicative, simple, derp. I somehow had listed him as alive when I had all the information (even in my own notes!) which said he was dead.

Here, again, Xisiqomelir was not listed in the OP until well after I came in as dead. There's no derp to be had. The only way,
only
way, I would know Xisiqomelir was dead was if I had either isoed the mod (which I had no reason to do at the time), or if I had prior access to that information (ergo, a mafia topic where the Xisiqomelir nightkill would be discussed).

So, the Killthestory thing was just derp, not town, not "town", not scum, just something which slipped my mind and was something that would be there no matter what; Xisiqomelir was not.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 12:38 am

Post by Masquerade »

Ranger, I'm getting the feeling you're avoiding talking about your reads. How come you are spending so much time talking to Magna, whom you are townreading? You're not voting so you're not pushing any kind of case and you've been putting off reads for a while now. Not used to that from you. Never saw you as scum. 1+1=2

VOTE: Ranger
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 3:30 am

In post 1805, massive wrote:Magna, do you have any townreads?
Yup. Not nearly as many as before as they keep getting killed. Imperium is clearly my top Townread.
Any point to the question?
In post 1813, Ranger wrote:A discontinuity exists, the question you have to ask is whether the discontinuity is alignment-indicative.
You assume I haven’t already done this. Too late, happened long ago. I came to the conclusion it was more likely alignment indicative than not.

The fact remains that even with my focus on Rach’s slot today over yours that you aren’t doing anything to actually scum-hunt. You pop in, make some defensive comments, and leave. Your only push was Snarky which I’ve already copiously shown why I thought it was a bad push.

I’m not impressed and thus you are in the scum-pool.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 7:06 am

Post by Titus »

Ranger, Talk to me. Why haven't you asked me shit? I am going on vla soon. Need to get those questions in.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 8:15 am

Post by massive »

In post 1816, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 1805, massive wrote:Magna, do you have any townreads?
Yup. Not nearly as many as before as they keep getting killed. Imperium is clearly my top Townread.
Any point to the question?
I'm trying to see the difference in how you treat your town reads vs. others.

Titus
: Was there anything other than the "personal attacks" / style of play from OceanWind that prompted your vote? Is there a game benefit for scum-OW to take that stance on Tammy's comments and then replace out?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 8:34 am

Post by Titus »

Yes, there is. Any bussers can vacate without reason (Masq possibly), painting obvtown as a bully stops town cohesion, and Ocean discourages game involvement.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1808, RachMarie wrote:reading up
How's this going
UNVOTE: Titus
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 9:24 am

Post by Nosferatu »

nvm I didn't need to do that
last.fm
gtkas
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Still reading through, but feel pretty good about putting Imp in town pile, i admit Im more familiar with town Tammy than scum Tammy so I am basing this more on Nacho. Nacho would have bussed the weakest partner by now as scum. Plus gut, based on many games with Nacho. Im usually pretty good at reading him and hes usually fairly good at reading me.

MoI is also in my town pile, feel pretty good about that read as well, though I have not played in as many games with him.

Kill is prob town though definitely a different style. If you sift through though seems to be pushing for activity and discussion and even some of the off the wall posts can be an effort to push people to talk instead of hanging back which would be a towny mindset.

Not really liking Lowell, but will make more of a determination after reading the replacement. Right now feels like scum doing active lurking, just posting enough to coast by.

Want to really take a look at Ranger since her preds were nonentities or somewhat scummy, but mostly non entities, so most of my read on that slot will be based on her.

More later after some more reading.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by Titus »

Ok, how the hell am I just casper to everyone?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by RachMarie »

@Titus who did you replace? I can't seem to find it in the OP?

Return to “Completed Open Games”