Elsa and Anna
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:02 am

Post by Elsa and Anna »

In post 674, Varsoon wrote:Also, Elsa&Anna's confusion of how the whole Asari/Turian cop thing works is as close to proof as we'll get D1 that they don't have that sort of ability on their Role PM, because it is spelled out very clearly on mine.
It wasn't like you knew it when I asked the question though.

~Elsa
Elsa and Anna
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:03 am

Post by Elsa and Anna »

And are you skimming hard varsoon?

I beleive I already claimed my faction. way before this.

~Elsa
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:04 am

Post by Nahdia »

Varsoon I totally feel you but like...

I do see this coming from RC as town tbh. He's absolutely the sort to value his own convictions over sound logic.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Elsa and Anna
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:04 am

Post by Elsa and Anna »

No, here's why we're lynching Varsoon.
Even in the absolute best case, he is not
aligned
with town. He is
potentially able to win
with town.
You are not town. The way you are playing you are completely fucking anti-town and the sooner that you get lynched the better.
Calling for a vig shot on town is not acceptable play from someone who is claiming to be our ally and based on your playstyle I sincerely doubt that you townside.
If you want to play in such a manner that you are not town aligned, we are going to treat you like you are not town aligned.

And fuck off? In case you hadn't noticed I've made LyLo 7 times over hundreds of games in 2 years. Saying that scum 'want me brought to LyLo' is asinine and disingenuous as fuck.

VOTE: Varsoon

This vote stays.
Elsa and Anna
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:05 am

Post by Elsa and Anna »

In post 677, Nahdia wrote:Varsoon I totally feel you but like...

I do see this coming from RC as town tbh. He's absolutely the sort to value his own convictions over sound logic.
Even if Varsoon is (not town, 'someone who can win with' town) there's 0 value to keeping him around when his vote is basically a scum vote.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:06 am

Post by Varsoon »

I did know it, but I was trying to hide the fact because, at the time, I was operating under the assumption that only a single Turian/Asari had that power due to the use of the word 'Individual' and I was trying to hide that I could use it because I didn't want to draw the kill. I think when I claimed earlier, I hinted that I could do it, though, so that's botched anyway.
If I remember correctly, you claimed human but that's the easiest faction to fake-claim in the game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Varsoon »

The fact that you're pushing for a lynch on someone who wins alongside town rather than in a pool of possible Krogan/Solarian/Geth should be indicative of your alignment, and, if not, of your worth to the Asari/Turian/Human playerbase.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Nahdia »

The value of keeping Varsoon around is that he's NK bait for the Krogans. I'm not voting him today. We should be aiming for the slots that have no reason whatsoever to cooperate with us, not the ones that we share common enemies with.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Elsa and Anna
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:11 am

Post by Elsa and Anna »

And for the record: my plan was fucking brilliant assuming my interpretation of the cop roles was true. I'm shocked no one else came up with it.
The fact that I misread the setup doesn't mean that you can just call it 'anti-town' when based on my assumptions my call for a NL makes a ton of sense.
The fact that you're pushing for a lynch on someone who wins alongside town rather than in a pool of possible Krogan/Solarian/Geth should be indicative of your alignment, and, if not, of your worth to the Asari/Turian/Human playerbase.
The fact that you're pushing for a lynch on someone who is bona fide town as opposed to just someone who can POTENTAILLY win with them if the solarians don't win should be indicative of your alignment, and, if not, of your worth to the Asari/Turian/Human playerbase. And please. you are not Asari aligned and they are in fact your worst enemies because they're hard to get rid of in day or night unlike the bad guys who are lynch and crosskillable.

It's too bad that you and Beeboy aren't both on the same faction or we'd have already decided which faction we're not bringing to endgame.
The value of keeping Varsoon around is that he's NK bait for the Krogans. I'm not voting him today. We should be aiming for the slots that have no reason whatsoever to cooperate with us, not the ones that we share common enemies with.
What happens when he doesn't get NKed? When do we start realizing that there are confirmed godfathers and that no result makes him confirmed and the setup is explicit about it?
If Varsoon is alive to massclaim and there's more than 4 Turian claims he gets autolynched because I sincerely doubt that he's actually one of them.
Elsa and Anna
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:14 am

Post by Elsa and Anna »

This game is very annoying

dah

~Elsa
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:16 am

Post by Nahdia »

So to check if he's a godfather, an Asari can check Varsoon too -_-'

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:17 am

Post by Nahdia »

tell ya what. beeboy, check Varsoon. Other Turians, check Varsoon. There. Now his claim is, yet again, 100% provable.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Elsa and Anna
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:19 am

Post by Elsa and Anna »

Asari check on Varsoon is meaningless. If he's a true godfather we'd need a role cop investigation on him, which I strongly suggest any human role cops do.
But then he could be bussed, which is one of the issues around centering night results on trying to discover a high profile player's alignment.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:19 am

Post by Varsoon »

It's not asinine or disingenuous.
If I was scum, I would buddy the fuck out of you or leave you alone, but I wouldn't ever challenge you. Instead, I'd let you continue to be literally wrong and very loud about it in this game.
As Turian, I know that you're literally wrong and loud about it in this game.
Therefore, I am forced to conclude that you're either aligned against me or that you're a detriment to the Turian/Asari/Human group and scum will keep you around for that fact.
Yes, you'll probably get lynched (or even killed) before then, because you are such an anti-town detriment in this game, but it won't be for policy reasons or disingenuous reasons or asinine reasons--it'll be because you're actively working against the uninformed minority and those who win with them.

Your plan is absolutely awful because you failed to read the setup correctly and worked on incorrect assumptions.
Yes, if the setup was broken, your plan works. The setup isn't broken though. Who would've thought?

Furthermore, I'm not pushing a lynch on you at all right now, I'm just calling out your lies, weak posturing, and poor play. I'm voting TTH right now because I think TTH is aligned with Solarian/Krogan/Geth. I'm willing to begrudgingly agree you're human and just really, really awful. There's a difference.

Also, you're not bonafide anything but non-Asari, non-Turian, which drastically spikes your chances of being Geth/Krogan/Solarian, whom are all factions I want to lynch out of. Get off your high horse. If you're human, you're puffing your chest out while you sink the whole ship.

Way to play the godfather paranoia card, even though it doesn't work.
MOD: If there were a Godfather who was not Turian or Asari in the setup, would it return Turian or Asari to the Factional Cop abilities tied to the Turian and Asari races

In the case of yes, a Turian AND Asari result would damn me.
In the case of no, any Turian can confirm I am Turian.
Once again, you're pushing an angle that doesn't work effective in the entire game and being loud as fuck about it.

I'm getting frustrated with you, because it seems like you don't even understand the basic setup and you are tripping over yourself to push a scumread on me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:21 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 687, Elsa and Anna wrote:Asari check on Varsoon is meaningless. If he's a true godfather we'd need a role cop investigation on him, which I strongly suggest any human role cops do.
But then he could be bussed, which is one of the issues around centering night results on trying to discover a high profile player's alignment.
Or maybe people could not waste their actions on someone who is practically confirmed Turian?
All that needs to happen is a single other Turian using their night action on me to confirm me as Turian.
Alternatively, if the Mod says a Godfather will always give a positive result to Asari/Turian-Cops, then I need one Asari and one Turian to do that.
Other actions taken against me are a waste of time.
Please, continue to suggest anti-town moves that put us closer to losing the game.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:22 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 678, Elsa and Anna wrote:No, here's why we're lynching Varsoon.
Even in the absolute best case, he is not
aligned
with town. He is
potentially able to win
with town.
You are not town. The way you are playing you are completely fucking anti-town and the sooner that you get lynched the better.
Calling for a vig shot on town is not acceptable play from someone who is claiming to be our ally and based on your playstyle I sincerely doubt that you townside.
If you want to play in such a manner that you are not town aligned, we are going to treat you like you are not town aligned.

And fuck off? In case you hadn't noticed I've made LyLo 7 times over hundreds of games in 2 years. Saying that scum 'want me brought to LyLo' is asinine and disingenuous as fuck.

VOTE: Varsoon

This vote stays.
I'm not voting Varsoon. I'm not even really convinced there's scum.
Painbringer
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:22 am

Post by Painbringer »

The question in 688 is about an individual role rather than setup mechanics, so it must be asked privately.
Hydra of Titus and Firebringer
Tone reading plus moon logic = Insanity
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:22 am

Post by Nahdia »

Can we PLEASE start working TOGETHER? I get that you two aren't the same faction but for now we have common enemies who are a way bigger threat.

VOTE: TTH

Voting this for now. More words on the subject when I'm not about to go to wage slave.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:23 am

Post by Nahdia »

Beeboy already asked that question and said that the answer was something along the lines of "Godfathers always produce a positive result."

-Zaphkael, 2020
Elsa and Anna
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:23 am

Post by Elsa and Anna »

This is Mass Effect mafia.

For you to push a standard godfather meta as a reason to clear you is incredibly fucking disingenuous considering both me and FA came to the conclusion that any godfathers would be mixed breeds that investigate as the townier of the pir. Ergo, none of these results confirm jack about you considering you could just as easily be a solarian mix (which I feel is the least awful design so as to not give a false inno.)
Beeboy already asked that question and said that the answer was something along the lines of "Godfathers always produce a positive result."
Find me this.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:24 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 538, beeboy wrote:
In post 537, Varsoon wrote:inb4 beeboy is the Geth-Godfather-that-looks-like-an-Asari-on-Investigates
*cough*

inb4 beeboy is the Geth-Godfather-that-looks-like-an-Asari-on-Investigates*cough*
I asked the mod and godfathers will always yield a positive result.
There is no have breed garbo.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Painbringer
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:24 am

Post by Painbringer »

Vote Count 1.06

FA_Q2 (L-11): DrippingGoofball, TellTaleHeart, Dwlee99
Yume (L-13): SethYazura
TellTaleHeart (L-9): Spiffeh, Varsoon, beeboy, Klingoncelt, Nahdia
Suzune (L-13): Party Boat
Varsoon (L-13): Elsa and Anna
Bait (L-11): Cake Effect, FA_Q2, Heuristically_alone
Party Boat (L-12) Nosferatu, Expedience, curiouskarmadog
Cake Effect (L-13): Bait
Nosferatu (L-12): Suzune, KilltheStory
Nahdia (L-13): KuroiXHF

Not Voting (6): Yume, PeregrinveV, Hastur and Muriel, Gendaberry, Shiro, Ranger

With 27 Alive, It Takes 14 to Lynch.

Mod Notes: Searching for Replacement for SethYazura
Players on V/LA PeregrineV and DrippingGoofBall

Day Ends In (expired on 2016-06-01 12:00:00)
Last edited by Painbringer on Fri May 20, 2016 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hydra of Titus and Firebringer
Tone reading plus moon logic = Insanity
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

According to the mod, Godfathers in this setup always give a 'positive' result so
For a Friend-Foe Cop, they'll always return Friend.
For an Asari/Turian Cop, they'll always return the same faction as the cop.
So if you want to clear someone as a Godfather, you need opposed faction cops to both check them and get different results.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:28 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 655, Varsoon wrote:wtb a vig shot on Elsa & Anna
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:28 am

Post by Varsoon »

Keep playing the game by rules that don't exist, I guess.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”