chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 2:09 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 1073, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:Page 31
In post 1023, chilledtea wrote:
In post 535, Chumba wrote:
In post 531, TehBrawlGuy wrote:excuse me, what? Can you clarify this?
Clarify it how? Cases are scummy (quite a few people on this site think so and even one player believes it so much he has it as his title under his avatar)
Disagree that cases are scummy. First time I am actually hearing this actually.

The only thing that can be considered as scummy is if a case is made in an attempt to frame someone - that is if there are lies or misrepping involved in the case.
Why are you contributing so little? Serious question: I've played with you before and you were vocal. Need a reason please.
Thanks for providing proof that meta is basically useless, especially for things like activity.

The game hasn't played out in the way games play normally. Most games don't have 44 pages on day 1. The game started out with a huge burst of activity within 5 or so hours and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here since you are a replacement, you probably don't realize this. When I first opened this thread it was standing at 7 or 8 pages with an argument going on where there was no scope for me to input anything coherent.

This is why I am mostly catching up with this thread, and it is also the case for a lot of other people.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 2:10 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 1082, Accountant wrote:KAAG catchup = town lean on him.
Disagree with this. KAAG's catchup is very similar to when he was scum when we played together. It is at best NAI.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 2:12 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 1088, Derek12 wrote:
In post 736, chilledtea wrote:
In post 340, Derek12 wrote:
In post 273, chilledtea wrote:Regarding murder, we played together in a newbie and he was very scummy, everyone scum read him till day 3. He was town there though. If he is town here it should be easier to read him later on.
While that's nice and all, do you have an actual read on him? I don't really like this.
Null read on him.

What do you not like about "this" anyways?
Missed this before. Mostly the lack of a stance on MURDERCAT despite having experience with him previously.
Actually, it is the lack of stance because of having experience with him.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 2:24 am

Post by chilledtea »

VOTE : Murdercat
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 2:27 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Want to explain?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 2:30 am

Post by chilledtea »

I have completed my catchup.

That vote isn't moving until you do whatever it is you wanted to do after my catchup.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 2:31 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Ok give me an hour
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 2:46 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Updated reads list would be great
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:39 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Chilled, I guess what I'm having trouble with is that in our last game you lead town (even before you were confirmed) and in this game you have a very go with the flow feeling. I realize you are catching up, but in your first post you say Black is scum, you don't take a stance on me, and say Accountant and TBG are lean town. These are pretty generic reads that represent the overall game state. You then go through the whole game and only really poke at BS some more, continue to not really take stances anywhere, and defend posts directed at you. Even without meta, it looks like you are coasting. So yeah, an updated reads list would be nice and if you could explain what about KAAG's catchup didn't look good to you that would be great too, because I thought it was fine.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:42 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 1108, MURDERCAT wrote:Chilled, I guess what I'm having trouble with is that in our last game you lead town (even before you were confirmed) and in this game you have a very go with the flow feeling. I realize you are catching up, but in your first post you say Black is scum, you don't take a stance on me, and say Accountant and TBG are lean town. These are pretty generic reads that represent the overall game state. You then go through the whole game and only really poke at BS some more, continue to not really take stances anywhere, and defend posts directed at you. Even without meta, it looks like you are coasting. So yeah, an updated reads list would be nice and if you could explain what about KAAG's catchup didn't look good to you that would be great too, because I thought it was fine.
Have you played with KAAG?

He catches up like that regardless of alignment. There was not much in there that you could say was "wrong" but it sure wasn't indicative of anything. Also his observations, especially on me felt a bit off.

Also black is scum. Not my fault others have said this before, that is not going with the flow. It is what I feel. His reactions to pushes from anyone didn't feel like coming from town to me.

It definitely felt like he was ok with any lynch as long as it's not him. I also do not consider self-votes as something that comes from town and frankly, such a suggestion is ridiculous. Self-votes very rarely come from town - town has no reason to self-vote. Also considering the fact that the self-vote is pretty much his only defence and it shouldn't be surprising why people might be thinking it was a gambit more than actual emotion.

As far as me not taking a stance on you, I feel you are BS's partner the way you are (hard?)defending him. I also feel that maybe you wouldn't do it as scum. So I am conflicted.

It is difficult for me to know where you stand at and this isn't the first time this has happened to me in mafia. The previous game we played with you were scummy on day 1 and actually, there were some things you did that I just didn't see coming from town. It wasn't until day 3 I town read you.

If I had to take a stance it would be that you are scum, especially given the fact that you conveniently have placed everybody who was either inactive or had little activity in your null/scum reads.

I don't have much to say regarding coasting. It is day 1, there were problems, I have caught up now. I don't see myself lagging behind now.

Suffice it to say I am scum reading you, blackstar and to some extent I feel that IAI//KAAG/Transcend could be scum. IAI hasn't really done anything and he has had real life problems and KAAG wall is at least something. Dunn, accountant, zefiend, tbg, chumba are all prob town. Transcend is something of a special case because he is getting replaced, so it is better to reserved judgement till the replacement. Derek is prob town, liked his re-entry. Rach I don't know, dunn makes a valid point about maybe she is whiteknighting but maybe she is more observant that's a possibility as well. I mean she is voting black, and there is a very low chance that black is town/she is bussing him. This applies to KAAG as well, unless he has changed his game a lot (which is possible), he doesn't bus his buddies this quickly and generally tries to create a counter wagon.

This is assuming that black is scum, of course. Which I feel pretty confident of at the moment. I was thinking of his lynch until you came in with your "I am waiting for chilled's catchup!" and now I feel worse about you because what you contributed after my catchup isn't really much other than to say I was more inactive compared to our previous game, or that I have similar scum reads to others. In fact, I knew that there wasn't going to be much anyways. I felt that you were posturing taking advantage of my inactivity of acting like you have actual reads and cases, when you don't.
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:32 am

Post by KickAssAndGiggle »

You're still sore about that LyLo then, chilled? ;)
to some extent I feel that IAI//KAAG/Transcend could be scum.
Is there anything to this read other than lack of activity from IAI/my predecessor? (Transcend I get). Also, do you think saying "X could be scum" is useful: does it not apply to everyone?
The game hasn't played out in the way games play normally. Most games don't have 44 pages on day 1. The game started out with a huge burst of activity within 5 or so hours and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here since you are a replacement, you probably don't realize this.
I did realize that, but you were online almost constantly in our last game, so I was expecting more content, even taking that into account.
It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't
force
you to be right...
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:44 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1109, chilledtea wrote: Have you played with KAAG?
Nope, that's why I'm asking. I did skim a game he was scum in at one point.
In post 1109, chilledtea wrote: He catches up like that regardless of alignment. There was not much in there that you could say was "wrong" but it sure wasn't indicative of anything. Also his observations, especially on me felt a bit off.
Fair enough. Can I get an example?
In post 1109, chilledtea wrote:Also black is scum. Not my fault others have said this before, that is not going with the flow. It is what I feel. His reactions to pushes from anyone didn't feel like coming from town to me.
Fine, but I was talking about all your reads, not just BS. My point is that really all you've done in your catch up is poke BS and he is low hanging fruit.
In post 1109, chilledtea wrote: It definitely felt like he was ok with any lynch as long as it's not him. I also do not consider self-votes as something that comes from town and frankly, such a suggestion is ridiculous. Self-votes very rarely come from town - town has no reason to self-vote. Also considering the fact that the self-vote is pretty much his only defence and it shouldn't be surprising why people might be thinking it was a gambit more than actual emotion.
Maybe maybe not. You know that the game we played together had 2 townies self vote so you should understand where I'm coming from.
In post 1109, chilledtea wrote: As far as me not taking a stance on you, I feel you are BS's partner the way you are (hard?)defending him. I also feel that maybe you wouldn't do it as scum. So I am conflicted.
I know you know that I'm better than that.
In post 1109, chilledtea wrote:It is difficult for me to know where you stand at and this isn't the first time this has happened to me in mafia. The previous game we played with you were scummy on day 1 and actually, there were some things you did that I just didn't see coming from town. It wasn't until day 3 I town read you.

If I had to take a stance it would be that you are scum, especially given the fact that you conveniently have placed everybody who was either inactive or had little activity in your null/scum reads.
All of my Day 1s in all of my games are scummy, anybody can go and verify that.
In post 1109, chilledtea wrote: I don't have much to say regarding coasting. It is day 1, there were problems, I have caught up now. I don't see myself lagging behind now.
Still not the issue I'm getting at.
In post 1109, chilledtea wrote: Suffice it to say I am scum reading you, blackstar and to some extent I feel that IAI//KAAG/Transcend could be scum. IAI hasn't really done anything and he has had real life problems and KAAG wall is at least something. Dunn, accountant, zefiend, tbg, chumba are all prob town. Transcend is something of a special case because he is getting replaced, so it is better to reserved judgement till the replacement. Derek is prob town, liked his re-entry. Rach I don't know, dunn makes a valid point about maybe she is whiteknighting but maybe she is more observant that's a possibility as well. I mean she is voting black, and there is a very low chance that black is town/she is bussing him. This applies to KAAG as well, unless he has changed his game a lot (which is possible), he doesn't bus his buddies this quickly and generally tries to create a counter wagon.

This is assuming that black is scum, of course. Which I feel pretty confident of at the moment. I was thinking of his lynch until you came in with your "I am waiting for chilled's catchup!" and now I feel worse about you because what you contributed after my catchup isn't really much other than to say I was more inactive compared to our previous game, or that I have similar scum reads to others. In fact, I knew that there wasn't going to be much anyways. I felt that you were posturing taking advantage of my inactivity of acting like you have actual reads and cases, when you don't.
Well I think my point (that your catch up has consisted of poking at the low hanging fruit and you haven't taken strong stances otherwise) and I wanted to see if that would continue throughout your catch up. I think it was reasonable to wait and see if that pattern would continue.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:45 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Edit: Well I think my point ... *is valid* and ...
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:49 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 1110, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:You're still sore about that LyLo then, chilled? ;)
Is there anything to this read other than lack of activity from IAI/my predecessor? (Transcend I get). Also, do you think saying "X could be scum" is useful: does it not apply to everyone?
The game hasn't played out in the way games play normally. Most games don't have 44 pages on day 1. The game started out with a huge burst of activity within 5 or so hours and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here since you are a replacement, you probably don't realize this.
I did realize that, but you were online almost constantly in our last game, so I was expecting more content, even taking that into account.
No, it doesn't apply to everyone. One of the most classical scum moves is to lurk in background while town fight it amongst themselves. I don't think others are guilty of this.

That was regarding your predecessor and IAI.

Regarding content, my content always differs with situation. A situation like lylo is different to day 1.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:02 am

Post by chilledtea »

MC, I want you to explain exactly why black is town.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:04 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Ok I'll just go through his whole ISO.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:10 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1113, chilledtea wrote:
In post 1110, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:You're still sore about that LyLo then, chilled? ;)
No, it doesn't apply to everyone.
One of the most classical scum moves is to lurk in background while town fight it amongst themselves.
I don't think others are guilty of this.

That was regarding your predecessor and IAI.

Regarding content, my content always differs with situation. A situation like lylo is different to day 1.
So if I'm scum then why didn't I do that?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:15 am

Post by chilledtea »

Because that's not the only thing scum do.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 8:05 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I don’t really ever want to have to defend someone this hard, but since you asked. Note, that while I’m talking about how all of this could be townie, I admit there is potentially scum motivation behind it. There’s a reason BlackStar isn’t my number 1 town read. But everyone has talked about potential scum motivation, so I’m going to talk town motivation.

Spoiler: BlackStar
He says Dunn is giving him a bad feeling.
Vote on MC is now serious.
Votes Dunn for trying to push him on an association.
Vote moves back to me.
Explains the now town read on Dunn.

I admit at this point I though BlackStar looked really bad. But honestly, if you go back and reread what is so bad about it? Why can’t this be town who believes that either Dunn or I are scum and trying to figure out who is who? Dunn was giving me a bad feeling too early on. I admit it’s not unreasonable to think some of my early posts are scummy. If he thinks only one of us is scum then it makes sense for his reads to change like this.

Here BlackStar actually avoids ganging up on Chumba which, considering how Chumba was acting, would not have been unreasonable. This goes against the "he's looking to get anyone lynched" point.

&

Here his responses to Accountant are honestly all valid in my opinion.

Valid, I reacted the same way.

Vote for Accountant. Does someone who is looking for any lynch really move their vote to Accountant here? Is the reasoning that Accountant is being super aggressive to force a mislynch really that unbelievable?

He’s trying to get anyone lynched but is also willing to self vote (to L-1 no less)? Does the text around it really not seem genuine?

No more scum read on Accountant. Does scum really back pedal there? Why would that make sense?

Vote for chilled tea. Just sheeping Dunn, clearly to provide pressure.

Here he confirms it’s for pressure.

Unvotes chilled, again confirms it was for pressure.

I agree with this. I don’t think that makes accountant scummy, because I think that’s just how Accountant is, but it makes me less likely to agree with the case.

Votes brawl. Not unreasonable because Brawl did just drop the Transcend thing, which other people took issue with as well.

Before during and after the peak of the pressure on him BlackStar has been throwing his vote around and had very volatile reads. This isn’t just squirming under pressure like some people have said. When pressure isn’t on him he is commenting on other things that are happening in the game and contributing. The only time he gets defensive is when he is pushed directly by other players. I really don’t think it’s overly defensive at all. I admit that, at times, some of his posts seem really off. But apparently I just don't see what you guys are picking at as strongly as you do. The fact that everyone seems to be perfectly willing to just let him be lynched also really suggests to me that it might be a mislynch.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:11 am

Post by chilledtea »

MC is probably town. His case on blackstar is bad though. It feels like it is full of confirmation bias.

VOTE : Blackstar

I think this is best choice for lynch today. I disagree with MC regarding this but I feel MC could be town because of his defence of blackstar seems sincere. Further I find it really difficult to believe that scum would defend their buddies in this manner, and MC is probably not experienced as scum (I don't really know this) to use wifom at this level.

For what it's worth he did something similar in our last game so unless he is trying to fool me here, in which case he is successful, I think he is town.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:22 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

What specifically are you referring to when you say I did something similar?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:32 am

Post by chilledtea »

Your defence of shadow. It was similar.

Even though it was an attack on bbt but ultimately it was a defence in my eyes.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:38 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Yeah but BBT was actually scum.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:43 am

Post by chilledtea »

So was shadow.

The similarity is in how I perceived it back then and how I perceive it now.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:50 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1119, chilledtea wrote:MC is probably town. His case on blackstar is bad though.
It feels like it is full of confirmation bias.

VOTE : Blackstar

I think this is best choice for lynch today. I disagree with MC regarding this but I feel MC could be town because of his defence of blackstar seems sincere. Further I find it really difficult to believe that scum would defend their buddies in this manner, and MC is probably not experienced as scum (I don't really know this) to use wifom at this level.

For what it's worth he did something similar in our last game so unless he is trying to fool me here, in which case he is successful, I think he is town.
That describes the vast majority of the posts that you and accountant have made

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”