New York 194: Guns N' Roses Mafia! (Day 8)

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2149, Performer wrote:@Fire what do you make of Frag's consistent mention of you being some PR, yet you're still alive? Is it simply...fluff from him? Am I reading too much into that?
Why are you hunting for PR?
My interpretation is that he said that because he thought I was Citizen and maybe knew there is another faction? So tried to get them to kill me?
Just theory.

Again, why you hunting for PR
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2148, Performer wrote:Fire you always say you have late-game potential. We need all the help we can get.
This sounds like you buttering up to me. I don't think you would say this as town tbh.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:50 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 2148, Performer wrote:
In post 2147, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2135, Slandaar wrote:I find it hard to believe town wouldn't check the flips before posting;
I actually pulled it up on my mobile phone. But my mobile phone didn't want to open all the spoilers it only openned Drixx, and showed town. So I was like okay, cant see rest will assume they were also town, I know bad. Then got on computer started posting and was like "Ohh I should actually check Ozgin and Fragger flips" then saw my horrible mistake lol.
Fire you always say you have late-game potential. We need all the help we can get.
I don't like this. It pings me as something scum would say. It sounds like a fake-town thing to say.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Performer »

In post 2150, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2149, Performer wrote:@Fire what do you make of Frag's consistent mention of you being some PR, yet you're still alive? Is it simply...fluff from him? Am I reading too much into that?
Why are you hunting for PR?
My interpretation is that he said that because he thought I was Citizen and maybe knew there is another faction? So tried to get them to kill me?
Just theory.

Again, why you hunting for PR
It's d4 and instead of sitting around, we need to keep generating info. I'm going to be basically 100% gone this weekend. I 'm just trying to see what your reply is , in case you're associated with Frag/Ozgin.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:58 am

Post by Performer »

In post 2151, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2148, Performer wrote:Fire you always say you have late-game potential. We need all the help we can get.
This sounds like you buttering up to me. I don't think you would say this as town tbh.
Instead of coming out of a night phase saying you replaced in because you're stupid or being lost and saying you were on mobile, I'm trying to see if you can get some info with us. I wouldn't be talking to you like this if I didn't think you're town.

@Kuroi if I were scum, I wouldn't bother with anybody at this point.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:15 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

You'd want townie points, but I see you had WIFOM in there.

VOTE: Performer
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Performer »

I'm looking over my notes on this large normal and am still bewildered by now a Town Ascetic Enabler could even exist in a normal game that was reviewed for balance. Wow.

Thinking back to SS's - why tell me to not hammer and just leave it at that, at twilight?
Also had no vote by end of d3 votecount, yet stated Fire & Ari were his scumreads.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Performer »

In post 2155, KuroiXHF wrote:You'd want townie points, but I see you had WIFOM in there.

WIFOM? What are you even talking about? Talk to me, Kuroi.

I am still re-evaluating my scumreads , as KAAG has fallen into there . I will leave it on Drip for now.
VOTE: Drip
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:27 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 2157, Performer wrote:
In post 2155, KuroiXHF wrote:You'd want townie points, but I see you had WIFOM in there.

WIFOM? What are you even talking about? Talk to me, Kuroi.

I am still re-evaluating my scumreads , as KAAG has fallen into there . I will leave it on Drip for now.
Anytime "If I were to do this...," especially as a defense, it inherently brings up WIFOM. "If X were to happen, I would do Y!"
'''BUT if Z were to happen, I'd do A!"

Hypotheticals is the precursor to WIFOM.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:30 am

Post by Performer »

In post 2158, KuroiXHF wrote:eads , as KAAG has fallen into there . I will leave it on Drip for now.
Oh so that's what WIFOM really means.

What's your stance on Yume and Ilikebugs? Yume's predecessor and Ilikebugs - because of the Ozgin (lurk) flip , it's made me paranoid on those 2 slots.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:34 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I think you screwed up the quote...

But Yume and Ilikebugs are likely going to be replaced, so I'm letting that happen.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:38 am

Post by Performer »

In post 2160, KuroiXHF wrote:I think you screwed up the quote...

But Yume and Ilikebugs are likely going to be replaced, so I'm letting that happen.
Hmm not certain how the quote issue happened. Ok.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:52 am

Post by Performer »

@mod can we get a deadline extension then . Thank you
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:59 am

Post by KickAssAndGiggle »

Ozgin wasn't on the Snarky wagon. I find it very unlikely that wagon went through without multiple scum.

Frag was on the wagon. Of the living, so were:

Killthestory, Aristophanes, KuroiXHF, Firebringer, DrippingGoofball, Performer, Something_Smart

I like KTS and S_S for town, and I liked Performer until he started talking about reading his notes (a non-provable way of changing you reads, classic scum idea), and setup speculating today.

Looking at the iraonavp wagon, Aristo is in the "scum zone" on both lynches. So is Kuroi.

I would really like you to explain these points to me Performer:
In post 2142, Performer wrote:
In post 2141, Aristophanes wrote:Yeah, I hadn't thought about it, but that does suck..
I will do my best to be here for current events type stuff, doubt I'll get my analysis done though.

DGB had been okay, but I'm done defending them. Their insistence on a Yume lynch yesterday was ridiculous. As I said, they seemed almost to be a lyncher, though those aren't "normal" and probably aren't likely in a game that seems to have 2 killing factions already.

Also, who was the single death N2? I forget, but it probably means both scum attacked them. Perhaps rereading their posts is a good idea.
And condemning some who pushed immediate shade onto Guy for "Not being around to submit a kill."
Possible scum going for an easy mislynch in that group!
Hmm.. nothing that hugely stands from 85-86 right after the n3 phase, except I noted KAAG and Kill voted you.
I don't think you're scum anymore though.

I'm curious, why do you think "both scum" attacked Egg rather than other possibilities?

Rach I don't recall you stating any large push against the lurking Oz slot before n3 (who I erroneously read as town for his note of replacing out). What caused you to suddenly tell us this?
In post 2154, Performer wrote:
In post 2151, Firebringer wrote:
Instead of coming out of a night phase saying you replaced in because you're stupid or being lost and saying you were on mobile, I'm trying to see if you can get some info with us.
I wouldn't be talking to you like this if I didn't think you're town.

@Kuroi if I were scum, I wouldn't bother with anybody at this point.
Just the bold parts. Because I don't agree here, at all.
It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't
force
you to be right...
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Performer »

KAAG, I've always used my own notes in my townplay , to keep track of things. I've went over people's ISOs - recently Frag & Ozgin's, and it looked to me like Fire could be town so I am doubting my scumread on him. This can change as the day goes on, as I've pushed him to contribute more substance instead of fluff posts.
The way Kuroi and Fire pushed me in pg 87, makes me further think they're town.

I try to have my reads evolve. Setup speculation is nai for me.

Snark & Drixx had you in their list , which is why I moved you from my townreads.
---
Yume/jam – at first I thought he was town because of . Since then, there’s nothing that screamed “scum” to me from this slot. But after doing another ISO of Yume, I’m putting the slot at null. Never followed up with me on providing a reads list on d3, either. However, after seeing oz & frag’s interactions regarding Jam on d1, as well as Drip’s constant push on that slot, I moved this slot to town
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:17 am

Post by Performer »

In terms of noting who's voting who, that's just my observations aloud.

Ari's posting has made me think otherwise - that he's probably town. I wanted to engage him today to see some more thoughts , and if he doesn't follow-up next week appropriately, then I'll have to re-evaluate him .
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:28 am

Post by Performer »

We mislynched Reub & Snark - though those those 2 slots were less active than Ari, I wanted to take a different look at things and see what happens. Also, it's d4 so I'm prepared to offer up a plan to see what people's thoughts are, hopefully by next week - but and as Kuroi mentioned , we can see what the 2 replacements have to say too .
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Performer »

The longer the game goes on and Slandaar is still alive, the stranger I think his reads on Ari & Guy/RachMarie are. He also mentioned scumreading Kop/Ari, Frag, Ozgin, Guy, and Drixx a while back, and I don't recall observing anyone else hitting 2 scum out of their reads lists.

And look at this from Oz:
I don't think GuyFawkes' hammer was scum; I was about to hammer anyways, Reubus gave 0 shits about this game, the day was going nowhere, and we were low on time.
Later , after that Ozgin post, Slandaar posted that he mysteriously read Guy as town despite me stating that I had a scumread on the slot. As the game went on, Oz continued lurking and so did Guy . After n2 - when there was ONE nk - Guy slot replaced with RachMarie.

Is there is too much coincidence here or am I just going paranoid???
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Performer »

^ebwop reads on Ari & Guy/RachMarie are strange.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:41 am

Post by Performer »

Ari if you're here : updated reads lists please.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:56 am

Post by RachMarie »

In post 2059, RachMarie wrote:Still early on page 2 but why are we giving Oz dude a pass? Well other than Slan that is, feeling better about Slan going in the town pile now that I see a bit more from him.
In post 2062, RachMarie wrote:D 2 read up

Sorry you are so sick Oz :( Hope you feel better soon, still feel your slot is scum though.

what on earth was that crazy claim by snarky? I can see why he got hammered after that.

@Kill doing short catchups as I go along so that its not one huge ass wall,
In post 2063, RachMarie wrote:Ok caught up

what is with all these PR claims uggh,

There were two deaths on N1, and frag is an un CCed PR claim, of watcher.

Yes you can have a town ascetic, I was one in a game a long time ago, but it was not a normal game, micro one I believe it was, would have to double check. Town ascetic is actually a very swingy role and not super helpful to town since it can't be investigated by a cop or a seer. What on earth would a town ascetic enabler do? I have never heard of that role.

At this point, we go with the results, after all if Frag is fake claiming this, and it feels likely he is not, then he would swing tomorrow and he knows that,

VOTE: ira
In post 2064, RachMarie wrote:Slan, Kill, bug, SS are in my town pile,

Frag too based on the claim,

Ira, Oz, in my scum pile,

Still sorting everyone else out for now.

Perf here is my reasoning AS I was going along and reading, HERE is why I switched my read on Ira, I was wrong, but my reasoning was sound. The claim in a large normal seemed the most outlandish of the two, but I knew one or the other had to be fake claiming. I fully had planned on voting Oz, until the clusterf*** of the competing claims. Then I had to go with which one I felt more likely to be a fake claim, I was wrong, but town are mistaken sometimes. Meanwhile I did ask you some questions just before the lockdown of the game, still would like your answers.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 8:27 am

Post by Performer »

Rach I don't see any questions from you that I haven't addressed.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 8:56 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2156, Performer wrote:Thinking back to SS's - why tell me to not hammer and just leave it at that, at twilight?
Also had no vote by end of d3 votecount, yet stated Fire & Ari were his scumreads.
I didn't have much time just then iirc, but I wanted to go back and see what my thoughts were assuming Ira was scum (Fragger-scum still made perfect sense to me but I still wasn't positive). At that moment, my thoughts dependent on Ira-scum were limited (I hadn't thought about it much) but they were that Fire and Ari were most likely scum in that scenario.
I don't think any lynch other than Ira was ever a possibility, and as you see I didn't want to lynch Ira just yet. Hence the no vote.

Also @Performer do you think DGB is a different faction from Fragger or a Fragger partner? Because rereading the early-game interactions between Fragger and Robster they really don't seem like partners.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 8:58 am

Post by Performer »

I kept rereading & over and over.

Then I read over and over and realized something. Rach must be highly likely town - one reasonable possibility those 2 agreed on Guy in a unified way, then Frag responded with 990 like that - could've been they wanted him around for lynch bait. If I am wrong about this , I'm going to be angry with myself post game.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Performer »

In post 2172, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2156, Performer wrote:Thinking back to SS's - why tell me to not hammer and just leave it at that, at twilight?
I didn't have much time just then iirc, but I wanted to go back and see what my thoughts were assuming Ira was scum (Fragger-scum still made perfect sense to me but I still wasn't positive). At that moment, my thoughts dependent on Ira-scum were limited (I hadn't thought about it much) but they were that Fire and Ari were most likely scum in that scenario.
I don't think any lynch other than Ira was ever a possibility, and as you see I didn't want to lynch Ira just yet. Hence the no vote.

Also @Performer do you think DGB is a different faction from Fragger or a Fragger partner? Because rereading the early-game interactions between Fragger and Robster they really don't seem like partners.
I think Drip could be a different faction. In fact, I was townreading Golden a long time because I thought he was acting that WAY as a Vengeful Townie, hence the completely insane voting style of trying to cause a ruckus.

Later on after the n3 flips and reviewing Frag & Oz's ISOs - I started wondering if Drip could actually be an SK instead. She's been pushing heavily on lurkers and posting very briefly.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”