Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 35, Varsoon wrote:
If you have any questions about the flavor of Bloodborne, just ask me, either privately or in this thread.
For many of you who are not familiar with the flavor, it should not be a mystery or huge investigation to figure out something you want to know.
Knowing the flavor may help players in this game, but only marginally.
Can you add some flavor to each quest?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Reasonably Irrational »

In post 97, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 89, Reasonably Irrational wrote:pedit: xkfyu, it's your job to come up with the topic, if I knew what I wanted to talk about I would have asked a specific question! I mean, I guess you could comment on this whole little Nahdia/A50/Sensei/Me thing we have going on here.
Alright, here's something. I too have a negative utility (technically two, but one will likely go away relatively quickly) that would normally warrant a first-post claim, but just like Ranger, I'm also going to forego the claim. As such, I see absolutely nothing about Ranger's post that causes me any concern.

On the Almost50 stuff, I didn't think there was anything particularly wrong with his posts so far. In fact, they seemed to me to be coming from a well thought out mindset.

And Nahdia seems to be her usual over reactionary self when people question her. I've played a few recent games with her, and that seems to be pretty standard for her. Though, she was town in all of those games, so I can't say that she doesn't do that as scum as well.
Interesting. Three of you so far. Bloodborne doesn't really have "good guys" per se, so a variety of negative slots isn't exactly unlikely, but it's definitely worth noting.

Regarding A50: So you found his post to be genuine? And you believe his paranoia is well founded?

Nahdia is being Nahdia, yes. I also need a game with her as scum to have any idea if it means anything. :-/
In post 100, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
If you have any questions about the flavor of Bloodborne, just ask me, either privately or in this thread.
For many of you who are not familiar with the flavor, it should not be a mystery or huge investigation to figure out something you want to know.
You mean the Chalice Dungeons? He already said they'd be flavorful, right? Any thoughts to share? From in hydra, preferably. :D

-Cerb
A Hydra of Cerberus v666 & Elbirn
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 101, Reasonably Irrational wrote:Nahdia is being Nahdia, yes.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 55, Ranger wrote:{D&D}
{Mixed 6}
{Sensei, Nahdia, Zulfy}
{Fire Assassin, Toogeloo,
Almost50
}
{Shinobi}
One.
She's town ... I think. *"half" a sigh of relief*
In post 69, Xkfyu wrote:Aaaaand I'm here.

VOTE: Almost50

To remember the good times.
I wouldn't have expected anything less. :lol:
Nice meeting you again, mate.
In post 76, Nahdia wrote:
In post 71, Shinobi wrote:
In post 70, Nahdia wrote:do u want me to use different words, Shinobi?

*pulls out thesaurus*

frenzied and mendacious
:igmeou:
suspicious and duplicitous?
bread and butter.
toast and jam?
Tom and Jerry
Starsky and Hutch :P
In post 78, Rylai and Lina wrote:oh and @almost please go back to your obv town/scum style . I want to read you ;)

~Rylai
In post 80, Rylai and Lina wrote:I really don't like baka (almost's) reason for not participating in RVS.

Baka. don't be like that! Participate!

~Rylai
I thought the point of signing your post is to tell us which head is posting. Using the HYDRA name doesn't exactly serve that purpose. :wink:

OH, and I'm NOT THE COP if that helps. :P
(but we can let everybody else play a little just so that I can get better reads on them all.) :wink:

OK..

FA is "relaying" some town vibes to me, albeit still weak ones.
Cerb is "reasonably" town by now.
I'm "clinging" to a town read on Kling as well.
I want to lean to town on Cakez, but I just can't bring myself to fully trust you, "Sir". :P
Nothing "Xtremely" off about Xf either.
I'm leaning town on Zulfy, but I'm unable of coming up with a pun for him. :(
And Ranger is also in my town "range".

Still not sure whom I would want to lynch, but I think this is a fair bet (considering it can't be changed, so it has to be someone I'm fairly reading TOWN, and I hope I'm not being irrational here.)

HUNTMASTER VOTE: Reasonably Irrational

Time for me to go have some "sweet dreams" (please don't let anyone put me in a "nightmare", Varsoon)

P-edit: Did you all decide to post while I'm composing this????? :eek:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by Ranger »

Reasonably Irrational wrote:Disappointed that I wasn't already on the list, somewhere near the top...since if you're scum, you already know I'm town, and if you're town, you should know I'm town by now.
Well, you hadn't posted on the first page.

For what it's worth, you're vaguely near the top now, but I'll need more from Elbirn to be sure, not to mention, my read on you always gets better with time so the more I see from either head, really, the more sure I'll be.
Why is nahdia on the list twice, in three separate lists you've made?
Didn't notice. The higher level is the more accurate one.
So...it seems likely you're looking at a proxy slot of some sort, like Bright in Suikoden.
Well in that case, move Patches to the bottom tier. It's a scum ability.

I was evaluating it as a player (it was a scummy post), but if it's a proxy slot, auto-scum.
Shinobi wrote:I don't really think my case on Ranger is good anymore but I'm struggling to find an alternative.
So...this is basically an exact replica of what Shinobi did last game. Having points that he says are in the wrong, but doing nothing about it.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 5:48 pm

Post by Shinobi »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: zulfy

Seems like he's faffing about too much.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 104, Ranger wrote:
Shinobi wrote:I don't really think my case on Ranger is good anymore but I'm struggling to find an alternative.
So...this is basically an exact replica of what Shinobi did last game. Having points that he says are in the wrong, but doing nothing about it.
Alternatively, you could maybe wait two seconds while I try to find someone else to vote.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Ranger »

{D&D}
{Mixed 6, Reasonably Irrational, Nahdia, RyLina}
{Sensei, Klingoncelt}
{Fire Assassin, Toogeloo, Zulfy, Xkfyu, Almost50}
{Patches, Shinobi}
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 103, Almost50 wrote:I thought the point of signing your post is to tell us which head is posting. Using the HYDRA name doesn't exactly serve that purpose.
Its written down in my sig

and Rylai is the Crystal maiden and My main acc avatar is Crystal maiden and I am a Frozen Angel so I thought Its fairly obvious :P

I continue signing as Rylai , That's more fun!

~Rylai
Hydra of Frozen Angel and Shiro
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

Is there anyone else having trouble understanding my posts?

I though my English got better sinsce noone had any kind of problem with it in past 2 months :(

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 48, Reasonably Irrational wrote:What's got your knickers in a twist newfriend?
One of the safest entrances I think I've ever seen.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 101, Reasonably Irrational wrote:Regarding A50: So you found his post to be genuine? And you believe his paranoia is well founded?
I found his post to be genuine, yes, but I don't really think his paranoia has any basis. Though, I do believe that he arrived at that paranoia through a legitimate thought process, if that makes any sense.
In post 103, Almost50 wrote:In post 69, Xkfyu wrote:
Aaaaand I'm here.

VOTE: Almost50

To remember the good times.

I wouldn't have expected anything less.
Nice meeting you again, mate.
Same to you.
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:01 pm

Post by Reasonably Irrational »

In post 110, Sensei wrote:
In post 48, Reasonably Irrational wrote:What's got your knickers in a twist newfriend?
OMG Senseis here! I literally got up from bed just to get to my computer to type to you!

Are you referring to my post as the "safe" one, or Elbirns?

A50: There is nothing indicating that the huntmaster vote can't be changed, as far as I can tell. In all previous Varsoon games with similar mechanics, the MC/Captain vote could be changed after it had been cast. However, this is more of that weird paranoia, and now this is actual activity that runs contrary to that. If you sincerely don't believe that this vote could be rescinded or moved, WHY would you cast it on someone so early in the day? As much as I appreciate the vote of confidence in my play, it doesn't make sense to make that vote, while attempting to appear "cautious".

-Cerb

Pedit: Fair enough XKFYU. What about his most recent post, the one I referenced above?
A Hydra of Cerberus v666 & Elbirn
Mixed6
Mixed6
Goon
Mixed6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by Mixed6 »

Some thoughts from the Troll head:

Reasonably Irrational is a bad lynch for today. I'm glad to see that no one's going for it. Regardless of alignment there's work being done there that will help town with connections down the road.

Reasonably Irrational is being a bit generous with the analysis of Daenerys and Dragons. This game we earn currency by being on the wagon. Scum are disincentivized when it comes to pretending they can't vote, and hiding for some length of time before springing it as a surprise would seem scummy. Best scum move with the sort of power is to do what Daenerys and Dragons did. Having said that, it's also the best town move, so I'm calling it a null tell alignment-wise. It does make me think "Beast," but I think that the flavor indicates that doesn't make the role auto-scum, and I'm woefully unfamiliar with the setting, so perhaps even the beast guess is unreasonable.

Caution in voting is probably an experience tell more than anything else, but in this case it's generating noise that would be easy for scum to slip into to make it look like they're participating for free. It might be worth looking back there later when we've moved on and the participants have built some more in terms of a body of evidence.

The negative role aspects are probably not worth dwelling on now, but I don't really care about them enough to say to stop as long as specifics don't get issued (the ability to describe another player's role abilities can hurt the town more than scum based on the items for sale.)

I do like Ranger's ranking as it makes her easier to pin down for reasoning later regardless of alignment; is that par for the course for her play?

Shinobi's latest vote is a fine vote. I'm not seeing any useful contribution from Zulfy that would separate him from those who haven't posted yet.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 109, Rylai and Lina wrote:Is there anyone else having trouble understanding my posts?

I though my English got better sinsce noone had any kind of problem with it in past 2 months :(

~Rylai
Nope, no problems here. Didn't even really notice that English wasn't your first language until you pointed it out.
Mixed6
Mixed6
Goon
Mixed6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Post by Mixed6 »

Wait, Sensei, apparently you make me a liar by having the wrong vote. So sad.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:06 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 113, Mixed6 wrote:I do like Ranger's ranking as it makes her easier to pin down for reasoning later regardless of alignment; is that par for the course for her play?
That's the Ranger style , yeah :P

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:06 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 100, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In Yharnam's underground, there runs a wide and long expanse of ruins. Frighteningly old, it is believed to have been made by something not human, perhaps as a grave, even maybe a resting place. Moreover, it is said that these ruins change form depending on its passersby. In the days of old, these places were explored by tomb prospectors and students of the divine, and it was in these dungeons that the divine Truth was discovered. Nowadays, through means of a ritual connected to a Holy Chalice, Hunters descend into these ruins to slay beasts and partake in communion.

The most well known and frequented dungeon is Pthumerian dungeon. The old labyrinth was carved out by the Pthumerians, superhuman beings that are said to have unlocked the wisdom of the eldritch Truth. This ancient society was home to an old Monarch, but has since been overrun with beasts. It is said that the city of Yharnam itself is named for an old Pthumerian Queen, and that the blood that flows through Yharnam's streets can be traced back to her. The monsters that stalk the halls of the Pthumeru dungeons are shells of their former selves, yet it is a mistake to incur their fiery wrath--however, many hunters find themselves felled by traps before ever witnessing the beasts that slumber deep within this place.

The Hintertombs are the peripheral catacombs of the old underground labyrinth. To this day, the Watchers continue to expand the hintertombs, unceremonious catacombs filled with graves and death. Madmen report that this is a poisonous and terrible hollow, but their words do nothing to staunch the flow of adventurous Hunters and tomb prospectors that leave for this place.

Loran is a tragic land that was devoured by the sands. The tragedy that struck this ailing land of Loran is said to have its root in the scourge of the beast--some have made the dreaded extrapolation that Yharnam will be next. There are trace remains of medical procedures in parts of ailing Loran. Whether these were attempts to control the scourge of the outbreak, is unknown. This windswept land is home only to horrific beasts that command lightning. It is from this place that the darkbeasts were hunted, which led to Archibald of the Healing Church's invention of many electrified weapons and tools to aide in the hunt.

Isz is the most recently discovered tomb among the four. The Great Isz Chalice became the cornerstone of the Choir, the elite delegation of the Healing Church. It was also the first Great Chalice brought back to the surface since the time of Byrgenwerth, and allowed the Choir to have audience with Ebrietas. It may be said that this discovery is what led to the current state of the Healing Church, and that many of the augurs and spirits commanded by Brygenwerth Scholars and Choir members alike were found in the tombs of Isz.
Last edited by Varsoon on Mon May 23, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:06 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

you can't change master of the hunt vote or unvote it ?!

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 112, Reasonably Irrational wrote:Pedit: Fair enough XKFYU. What about his most recent post, the one I referenced above?
Now that one, I'll agree, is pretty strange. It basically contradicts his previous apparent paranoid mindset.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 118, Rylai and Lina wrote:you can't change master of the hunt vote or unvote it ?!

~Rylai
No. Almost50 was incorrect. I've seen nothing in the rules that would even suggest that to be true.
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 103, Almost50 wrote:Still not sure whom I would want to lynch, but I think this is a fair bet (considering it can't be changed, so it has to be someone I'm fairly reading TOWN, and I hope I'm not being irrational here.)

This is contradicting :igmeou: There was plenty of time for making a decision he thought he can't change it.

dah Baka?!!

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 102, Nahdia wrote:
In post 101, Reasonably Irrational wrote:Nahdia is being Nahdia, yes.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
This is a Nahdia post.
And this is a fire post ontop of the Nahdia post.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:14 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 121, Rylai and Lina wrote:
In post 103, Almost50 wrote:Still not sure whom I would want to lynch, but I think this is a fair bet (considering it can't be changed, so it has to be someone I'm fairly reading TOWN, and I hope I'm not being irrational here.)

This is contradicting :igmeou: There was plenty of time for making a decision he thought he can't change it.

dah Baka?!!

~Rylai
Hello Frozen.
Your trusted Romeo is here. :P
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 112, Reasonably Irrational wrote:
In post 110, Sensei wrote:
OMG Senseis here! I literally got up from bed just to get to my computer to type to you!
Elbirn's.

Jumping into the game and townreading a majority of the people who have posted so far and then proceeding to rvs is safe. There's no chance to make any "enemies" when you do that.

It's supplemented by the fact that half the reads I couldn't quite see where he was coming from either.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”