Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Radja »

Sickofit1138 has been lynched. He was...

Spoiler: Wait for it...
Mafia Goon
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:32 am

Post by Radja »

WINNERS OF THE GAME:

TOWN!

Realeo

Spoiler: Vanilla Townie

pirate mollie

Spoiler: Town 1-shot Bulletproof

light_ganski

Maverick1102

RadiantCowbells

racefan12

Spoiler: Town Jailkeeper

UpTooLate

LOSERS OF THE GAME:

MAFIA!

Sickofit1138

Spoiler: Mafia Goon

Drixx

Spoiler: Mafia Roleblocker
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:36 am

Post by Radja »

dead thread
mod topic

Thank you all for playing! Hope you had fun and will play again!
Last edited by Radja on Wed May 25, 2016 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:38 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

My selfvote helped my faction win.

Hush.

Sorry for what I said about not wanting newbies to stay: I didn't mean it even at the time and it was uncalled for.

Great job to town!
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:41 am

In spite of that, I'd like to reiterate that it's really not cool to insist on voting someone who is on vacation and gave an explicit timetable on when content would be produced.

I was beyond convincing about Drixx being scum and quite certain that Sickofit was scum. If you had given me the space to clear myself and make arguments the game might have ended without us seeing LyLo and at the very least you'd have had a lot more ammunition against both of them; most of my case against Sickofit involved stuff that was never brought up in thread while he was being FoSed.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:43 am

And no Drixx, if you're going to bitch about me selfhammering in one of the most protown contexts that I've ever selfvoted in, you can figure out yourself how I caught you.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 8:59 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 980, RadiantCowbells wrote:And no Drixx, if you're going to bitch about me selfhammering in one of the most protown contexts that I've ever selfvoted in, you can figure out yourself how I caught you.
Great example of sportsmanship.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:02 am

I don't want to have any verbal warring in postgame. I'm not saying anything that I haven't already regarding how I caught you. I extremely rarely do and for you to say it's bad sportsmanship after you tried to have me modkilled in two separate games for trying to win is just sad.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 958, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 953, Sickofit1138 wrote:If you're accusing me of lurking, I can see why but you ignored my post which said I got called on for a third shift. I have been at work 36 hours in a row. I don't have one for mafia right now apparently. Hopefully next time I get called in for a third shift it won't make me look like scum. I'm actually trying to go to sleep but... Kinda pissed right now tbh. I do hope you guys realize that my Real life comes first, and mafia comes second for me. I had no control over getting called in for work, And I hope you people will understand that now.
you went camping right before a 36 hour shift and came back early...but still worked a 36 hour shift that you were scheduled for but are now trying to sleep while being called in for a third shift which wld put you over 36 hours?

idgi
As I pointed out in the dead thread, you put on a clinic in how you went about solving the day.

That said; it's not cool at all that you implied that he was lying about his real life for benefit. That's one of those lines. It's part of the social contract: you don't lie about your real life for gain, and you don't accuse people of doing such, even implicitly.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:05 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 982, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't want to have any verbal warring in postgame. I'm not saying anything that I haven't already regarding how I caught you. I extremely rarely do and for you to say it's bad sportsmanship after you tried to have me modkilled in two separate games for trying to win is just sad.
Self voting as town is not ever pro-town. You have said yourself that you could have stayed alive and solved the game, but you took yourself out of the game. The ends don't justify the means.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:05 am

People *do* lie about real life for gain though. It's not a horrible thing for PM to do to consider the possibility if she didn't attack him as a person in general for doing so.
Self voting as town is not ever pro-town. You have said yourself that you could have stayed alive and solved the game, but you took yourself out of the game. The ends don't justify the means.
I would have been lynched before I could get back.

I can go out with a bang and make people take my reads seriously, or I can go out with a whimper and people will forget about what I was saying before. I made my choice and have zero regrets on it.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:09 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 973, Drixx wrote:I think I'll be requesting the scum PT not be shared, especially since Mollie thought it was acceptable to call someone a liar about his Real life. (Will withhold further comment until Radja officially ends the game; it's clearly and obviously over though).
uhm who did I call a liar?
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:17 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 983, Drixx wrote:
In post 958, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 953, Sickofit1138 wrote:If you're accusing me of lurking, I can see why but you ignored my post which said I got called on for a third shift. I have been at work 36 hours in a row. I don't have one for mafia right now apparently. Hopefully next time I get called in for a third shift it won't make me look like scum. I'm actually trying to go to sleep but... Kinda pissed right now tbh. I do hope you guys realize that my Real life comes first, and mafia comes second for me. I had no control over getting called in for work, And I hope you people will understand that now.
you went camping right before a 36 hour shift and came back early...but still worked a 36 hour shift that you were scheduled for but are now trying to sleep while being called in for a third shift which wld put you over 36 hours?

idgi
As I pointed out in the dead thread, you put on a clinic in how you went about solving the day.

That said; it's not cool at all that you implied that he was lying about his real life for benefit. That's one of those lines. It's part of the social contract: you don't lie about your real life for gain, and you don't accuse people of doing such, even implicitly.
uh

excuse the fuck out of me but nowhere at all did I imply that he was lying. I implied that I did not follow the chronological flow of what he was saying. and then I said idgi cos I didn't.

this makes me tremendously sad that you are projecting your own shitty attitude onto what I was saying. I did not call him a liar and I think it is
SUPER DUPER
to say that I did.

but w/e. I am just sad that my opinion of you has just dramatically dropped.

@ radja

I wld ask mina about releasing the scum pt cos I was under the impression that they were required to be relaesed in newbies so that we cld deconstruct the game and help out the newbs before they venture outside of rome.

@ rc - I did pay attention to your reads. :]

I was pretty shocked that tho utl got lynched tho.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:17 am

Post by pirate mollie »

* SUPER DUPER SHITTY
whew!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Drixx »

The game was already over though RC; there was absolutely no reason for Pirate Mollie to go after him and imply that he lied about his real life for gain. The game was already over and I'm sure he already felt bad for getting lured into her trap in the first place. Pirate Mollie put on an absolute clinic after replacing in, especially on the final day.

My argument about self-voting has a lot more to do with the context of where we are: there are so very few times and very specific conditions where self voting as town can contribute to the win condition, especially self-hammering. You feel like your self-vote is why I got lynched. I asked you as soon as I was dead what caught me out, and you have yet to ever say, before your death or after, what made you suspect me. Until you do, I'm going to assume that I got lynched because I screwed up my play with Pirate Mollie. You were pushing me as scum like on page one or two. If I really slipped that early, it should take you all of a second to quote it.

I'd like to appeal to the place we are: it's a newbie game. If you legit actually had reason to believe I was scum from the first few hours of the game, then I'm obviously in need of help. You are widely respected for having a very strong game. Ergo you aren't here to get help ... which implies you're here to provide help. Please set aside your dislike for me and just point out what it was.

As for arguing for a mod-kill: it's nothing special or personal. In my view a town player self-hammering is explicitly and clearly playing against his win condition. Town has X mislynches and they lose. If your self-hammer can be shown to directly have caused me to get caught, that might be the first time in a decade playing forum mafia that I've seen a town self-kill have a positive result for the town. I learned this lesson the very hard way as in my very first forum mafia game I intentionally got mod killed so that town could have a chance to lynch scum that day. In live play, suiciding is totally a thing so that was a bit of a transition from live to forum play, but that experience has stuck with me.

Perhaps I need to re-evaluate a long held belief that killing oneself as town is always bad and should be punished?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 988, pirate mollie wrote:* SUPER DUPER SHITTY
It looked like you were saying his claimed times didn't add up. Umm... can you look at what I said before that? The part about you putting on a clinic from the moment you replaced in?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:21 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 980, RadiantCowbells wrote:And no Drixx, if you're going to bitch about me selfhammering in one of the most protown contexts that I've ever selfvoted in, you can figure out yourself how I caught you.
I understood why you did it. I think thorella has self-hammered before, or some1.

I know that when I have done it, it was because I felt that my removal wld help get town back on track cos I was a huge distraction and not of my choosing.
whew!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:25 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 991, pirate mollie wrote:
I understood why you did it. I think thorella has self-hammered before, or some1.

I know that when I have done it, it was because I felt that my removal wld help get town back on track cos I was a huge distraction and not of my choosing.
The problem with RC taking that position is that I argued he had played against wincon in the mafia PT, and he didn't see that for like a month after I first asked him to point out where I slipped early in the game. My sense of it is that it was probably gut and there's nothing specific to point to.

I would appreciate a thorough evisceration from you Pirate Mollie; you were onto me super fast and you came at me in a way that made me feel literally incapable of defending myself or talking my way out of it. That's super uncommon for me as scum. Generally I'm a hard lynch and can talk my way out of basically anything. As I said ... you put on a clinic. Be as brutal as you like and you won't hurt my feelings. I come to the Road to Rome to improve as much as I do to try and be helpful.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:25 am

Post by Radja »

pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:28 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 990, Drixx wrote:
It looked like you were saying his claimed times didn't add up. Umm... can you look at what I said before that? The part about you putting on a clinic from the moment you replaced in?
doesn't add up /= calling some1 a liar

I didn't know if he was confused or if I had missed something. that is where my mind was at. the implication that I was calling a liar is something that you made up inside your own head.

post game shld not be this way. this is where we, as the more experienced players are to provide feedback for the newbs on this site so that when they venture outside of rome they won't get eaten alive and site quit. you are disrupting that process.

I think it is pretty hypocritical (and not in a good way) to chastise rc for how conducted himself in rome while you yourself are setting a bad example with your attitude.

post games shld be fun, not toxic.

anyhoo, ty for the game daryl! <3 <3 <3
whew!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:29 am

I'll work on it if I get some free time and inspiration. no promises.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:35 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 992, Drixx wrote:The problem with RC taking that position is that I argued he had played against wincon in the mafia PT, and he didn't see that for like a month after I first asked him to point out where I slipped early in the game. My sense of it is that it was probably gut and there's nothing specific to point to.

I would appreciate a thorough evisceration from you Pirate Mollie; you were onto me super fast and you came at me in a way that made me feel literally incapable of defending myself or talking my way out of it. That's super uncommon for me as scum. Generally I'm a hard lynch and can talk my way out of basically anything. As I said ... you put on a clinic. Be as brutal as you like and you won't hurt my feelings. I come to the Road to Rome to improve as much as I do to try and be helpful.
I will get to this I promise and I hope we can end this game on a good note cos I respect you as a player and enjoy you too!

I will get to the feedback. :]
whew!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 994, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 990, Drixx wrote:
doesn't add up /= calling some1 a liar

I didn't know if he was confused or if I had missed something. that is where my mind was at. the implication that I was calling a liar is something that you made up inside your own head.

post game shld not be this way. this is where we, as the more experienced players are to provide feedback for the newbs on this site so that when they venture outside of rome they won't get eaten alive and site quit. you are disrupting that process.

I think it is pretty hypocritical (and not in a good way) to chastise rc for how conducted himself in rome while you yourself are setting a bad example with your attitude.

post games shld be fun, not toxic.

anyhoo, ty for the game daryl! <3 <3 <3
I agree with you 100%. That's why I asked for your feedback.

Also; text doesn't convey all that there is with communication. I am super glad you didn't mean what it looked like. I've been on the other side of that before myself. One of the recent ASOIAF games I got assigned Arya Stark, town tracker, and I made a post explaining my thought process behind whom I tracked and why. Someone read a scum slip in the text that couldn't have been there because I wasn't scum, and I got lynched in like 39 minutes real time.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 996, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 992, Drixx wrote:The problem with RC taking that position is that I argued he had played against wincon in the mafia PT, and he didn't see that for like a month after I first asked him to point out where I slipped early in the game. My sense of it is that it was probably gut and there's nothing specific to point to.

I will get to this I promise and I hope we can end this game on a good note cos I respect you as a player and enjoy you too!

I will get to the feedback. :]
I have mad respect for you. I'm sorry my concern came across as more attack than concern. Text is fickle. I also suffer from foot-in-mouth disease.
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2016 9:48 am

Post by UpTooLate »

<3 Good job guys!

Mollie I was pretty excited to see you replace in!

I will say, Realeo, saying things like "If you don't answer this right I'm ready to tunnel you" is exactly how to get some people to not even care about the game, i.e. me. It makes it incredibly unenjoyable tbh. Other than that, good work. Oh, and.

VOTE: RadiantCowbells
Get to know me!
Take care of those you call your own, and keep good company.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”