Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 2:26 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1672, Mixed6 wrote:It looks like you approve of that message at least?
Oh, yes I do. I'm not a fan of "unnecessarily" day dragging. 3-7 RL days is my optimum game Day length if there's nothing much to gain by waiting. Besides, this game in particular is heavily dependant on dungeon quests which won't happen until the night phase.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 2:46 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1695, Gee Willikers wrote:Im starting this wagon
VOTE: Rylai and Lina
Join me?
Seems bad.
Explain?

Also I'm going to be afk until tonight.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 3:07 am

Post by Nahdia »

hi so this game kinda stalled for me but if ppl want input from me on stuff im around.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 3:13 am

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

I'm feeling the same way. Do you mind talking to me about your thoughts on ?

-Daenerys
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 3:19 am

Post by Nahdia »

Spoiler: 1567
In post 1567, Mixed6 wrote:Time for a post which everyone will hate because it's mostly theory talk. Enjoy!
In post 1519, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:Thanks for the response Cerb.

I don't really like that you've avoided saying anything about our play--but then, no one else has really commented on our play either. And I think my being skeeved out by your "playing devil's advocate" was compounded by my being skeeved out that apparently everyone is townreading us for claiming our votelessness thing.

Anyway, less weirded out now.

-Daenerys
This sentiment seems to have come up a couple times in various forms (and I'm going beyond the scope of the quote because I'm a bit too lazy to dig up other examples which would get at the other points I have to make.) Here it's concern that people haven't been commenting, but there have been a number of players concerned that Reasonably Irrational is being too friendly/obviously pro town. I lump both in the same category. If a player is acting pro-town day one (generating content, interacting with players, being friendly, putting effort into the game, etc ...) it's really not worth poking them too much. If they're town then they'll probably be night killed in the next couple days. If they're scum then they'll still be alive day 4 or so and you can start wondering about it then. Reasonably Irrational and Daenerys and Dragons both fit here for at least me. At this point they should be treated as town until there's a reason to think otherwise, or unless we've gotten to a game state where it's unreasonable to think that a universally respected player is still alive.
In post 1166, Reasonably Irrational wrote:SO, here's the thing: I don't really see that I'm actually doing a lot of leading. It's more like when people who weren't talking very much popped up, I prompted them to give their opinions on the current events, basically, the thing that we had the most material to work with, so I could see where they were coming from I don't *think* I actually started any of those conversations, but I did try to get everyone's thoughts nailed down as much as I could. I do get what you're saying about the "not putting myself in a questionable position thing" but I think that's more an artifact of the current echo chamber of the game, rather than anything I'm trying to do. There's a fairly sizable "town bloc" growing, and everyone within that bloc seems to be suspicious of the same group of players...and everyone within that bloc also happens to be the more active posters. I'm not really getting a lot of well reasoned contradictory positions regarding shadow_step for example, and that makes it so we're all just sitting in a circle and nodding at one another. I was actually talking to Elbirn earlier today about how much that concerns me. I mean, it's possible that maybe we're just REALLY fucking in sync, and town is recognizing one another, and the scum just aren't blending in, but I'm super fucking scared that we're just all pointed in the wrong direction, so scum don't have to do anything to try to distract us. :-/
I don't want to derail this concern, and I think it's part of your push for Hastur and Muriel, but I want to know if you've thought about the following. In this game, given the mechanics involved, are scum more or less likely to bus than normal? There are two sub-cases to consider and we might be in either one depending on your point of view for this wagon/the wagons we're seeing today. This isn't a normal game and to some degree scum actions shouldn't follow normal patterns; there should either be heightened resistance to scum lynches or less depending on how much the scum team has thought things through. This actually relates to something else you said as well.
In post 1539, Reasonably Irrational wrote:This game has too much low hanging fruit. Bogre, H&M, toog, pv, and now this new hydra. All apparently mislynch bait, either based on their past play, or simply because they're not giving anyone any reason to town read them.

This concerns me. They can't all be bad scum. :/
This isn't even the complete list in my opinion, but looking at those players and the apparent complacency of town in terms of rejecting (or more specifically failing to reject) some of the wagons makes more sense than it would in a standard game and might be less of a concern or more of a way to catch scum.

@Everyone, regarding the Hastur and Muriel posts and those that are giving town credit for them, my experience is that this should be the standard scum catch up play if they've let things ride and start to get pressure. Just toss out a bunch of analysis and make it seem like you're trying to catch scum now. It throws the initial heat off your track and gives you breathing space to do whatever it is you need to do as scum. There's very little cost (other than the effort it takes,) and it has an unreasonably large town-cred boost. This is especially true for players replacing in, but still applies to players who have let a game slide. Until there's actually some engagement in the game these should be taken as null, especially given the nigh-incomprehensible nature of the format they've been given in. In our hydra PT I've advocated for joining this bandwagon (which it sort of shocks me no one else has, but see my conversation with Reasonably Irrational a bit of why that might be the case,) but Albert B. Rampage has other plans which I choose not to get into in public.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
i mean he literally says it's mostly theory talk so... OK? I don't really disagree with the theory here. on the last bit; im uneasy on RI's slot as well as Shinobi's slot though so i'm not really inclined to join the lurker lynch they're pushing (H&M).
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 3:20 am

Post by Nahdia »

like if Varsoon were to confirm RI and Shinobi were town rn then i could possibly be down with voting H&M but without that naw im not gonna follow their lead sorry.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 5:12 am

Post by Sensei »

I still really like a shadow lynch. Would lynch Xk but it doesn't seem to have the support atm. Could also do bogre.

Yume's replacement do anything yet? Because the sheer lack of presence across two different personalities is making me feel like that could be a scumslot.

Should be around more starting tomorrow.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 5:16 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

They are still reading up I think, but have given thoughts on some stuff.
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 6:13 am

In post 1704, Nahdia wrote:
Spoiler: 1567
In post 1567, Mixed6 wrote:Time for a post which everyone will hate because it's mostly theory talk. Enjoy!
In post 1519, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:Thanks for the response Cerb.

I don't really like that you've avoided saying anything about our play--but then, no one else has really commented on our play either. And I think my being skeeved out by your "playing devil's advocate" was compounded by my being skeeved out that apparently everyone is townreading us for claiming our votelessness thing.

Anyway, less weirded out now.

-Daenerys
This sentiment seems to have come up a couple times in various forms (and I'm going beyond the scope of the quote because I'm a bit too lazy to dig up other examples which would get at the other points I have to make.) Here it's concern that people haven't been commenting, but there have been a number of players concerned that Reasonably Irrational is being too friendly/obviously pro town. I lump both in the same category. If a player is acting pro-town day one (generating content, interacting with players, being friendly, putting effort into the game, etc ...) it's really not worth poking them too much. If they're town then they'll probably be night killed in the next couple days. If they're scum then they'll still be alive day 4 or so and you can start wondering about it then. Reasonably Irrational and Daenerys and Dragons both fit here for at least me. At this point they should be treated as town until there's a reason to think otherwise, or unless we've gotten to a game state where it's unreasonable to think that a universally respected player is still alive.
In post 1166, Reasonably Irrational wrote:SO, here's the thing: I don't really see that I'm actually doing a lot of leading. It's more like when people who weren't talking very much popped up, I prompted them to give their opinions on the current events, basically, the thing that we had the most material to work with, so I could see where they were coming from I don't *think* I actually started any of those conversations, but I did try to get everyone's thoughts nailed down as much as I could. I do get what you're saying about the "not putting myself in a questionable position thing" but I think that's more an artifact of the current echo chamber of the game, rather than anything I'm trying to do. There's a fairly sizable "town bloc" growing, and everyone within that bloc seems to be suspicious of the same group of players...and everyone within that bloc also happens to be the more active posters. I'm not really getting a lot of well reasoned contradictory positions regarding shadow_step for example, and that makes it so we're all just sitting in a circle and nodding at one another. I was actually talking to Elbirn earlier today about how much that concerns me. I mean, it's possible that maybe we're just REALLY fucking in sync, and town is recognizing one another, and the scum just aren't blending in, but I'm super fucking scared that we're just all pointed in the wrong direction, so scum don't have to do anything to try to distract us. :-/
I don't want to derail this concern, and I think it's part of your push for Hastur and Muriel, but I want to know if you've thought about the following. In this game, given the mechanics involved, are scum more or less likely to bus than normal? There are two sub-cases to consider and we might be in either one depending on your point of view for this wagon/the wagons we're seeing today. This isn't a normal game and to some degree scum actions shouldn't follow normal patterns; there should either be heightened resistance to scum lynches or less depending on how much the scum team has thought things through. This actually relates to something else you said as well.
In post 1539, Reasonably Irrational wrote:This game has too much low hanging fruit. Bogre, H&M, toog, pv, and now this new hydra. All apparently mislynch bait, either based on their past play, or simply because they're not giving anyone any reason to town read them.

This isn't even the complete list in my opinion, but looking at those players and the apparent complacency of town in terms of rejecting (or more specifically failing to reject) some of the wagons makes more sense than it would in a standard game and might be less of a concern or more of a way to catch scum.

@Everyone, regarding the Hastur and Muriel posts and those that are giving town credit for them, my experience is that this should be the standard scum catch up play if they've let things ride and start to get pressure. Just toss out a bunch of analysis and make it seem like you're trying to catch scum now. It throws the initial heat off your track and gives you breathing space to do whatever it is you need to do as scum. There's very little cost (other than the effort it takes,) and it has an unreasonably large town-cred boost. This is especially true for players replacing in, but still applies to players who have let a game slide. Until there's actually some engagement in the game these should be taken as null, especially given the nigh-incomprehensible nature of the format they've been given in. In our hydra PT I've advocated for joining this bandwagon (which it sort of shocks me no one else has, but see my conversation with Reasonably Irrational a bit of why that might be the case,) but Albert B. Rampage has other plans which I choose not to get into in public.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
i mean he literally says it's mostly theory talk so... OK? I don't really disagree with the theory here. on the last bit; im uneasy on RI's slot as well as Shinobi's slot though so i'm not really inclined to join the lurker lynch they're pushing (H&M).
Can you explain what makes you uneasy on RI, in like a sentence or two? similar to or different than what was weirding me out?

-Daenerys
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 6:43 am

Post by Nahdia »

scumhunting seemed a bit faked (the walls of questions and not much sorting as i recall). a bit too diplomatic (i think that's what u were getting at). and after all the questioning and such the slot has done they push a lurker slot.

RI whenever ur around what's your current thoughts on shadow_step? im totes goin' somewhere with this promise.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:46 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 1676, Mixed6 wrote:Actually, since we're on the subject,

Mod, can we please get a prod on PeregrineV? It's been two days since the last post. Thanks!

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
There is zero need for this.
Varsoon is a good enough mod to realise what he needs to do and what he doesn't.

I don't like so much concerned townie.

I would also like to near why are you scum reading Peregrine so much, just because he hasn't posted much or something else ?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 1695, Gee Willikers wrote:Im starting this wagon
VOTE: Rylai and Lina
Join me?
What is the case?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 1710, Shadow_step wrote:

Mod, can we please get a prod on PeregrineV? It's been two days since the last post. Thanks!

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Varsoon is a good enough mod to realise what he needs to do and what he doesn't.

I would also like to near why are you scum reading Peregrine so much, just because he hasn't posted much or something else ?
His vote on me is pretty bad. He hasn't mentioned me a single time. But not necessarily reason for a scumread.
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 8:55 am

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Have you read the ruleset? Varsoon prods after 72 hours, but players can request prods on other players after 48.

-Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 8:57 am

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Also, what is your read on Peregrine?

-Daenerys
Mixed6
Mixed6
Goon
Mixed6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 9:47 am

Post by Mixed6 »

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Every fucking game all he does is lurk until day 4 and site meta is to let him coast, fuck that.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1097, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 850, Reasonably Irrational wrote:
Klingons party being chosen rather than random is a pretty fucking big deal. It means we may only extend any analysis regarding that position to kling alone, and means there is a high probability that there is at least one scum within the current party. IF you give Klingon the benefit of assuming she's town, since it's arguable that giving scum the ability to be the entire party on the first day at least might be a bit much, then it's not as high, but there's still a decent chance.

Klingon, I would like your reads on your hunting party please, given that you selected them specifically for your ability to develop reads on them. Words about the reads too please, even if it's something that came from the PT, at least let us know that it's because of PT interactions.

-Cerb
There's not a lot happening in the PT right now, mostly 'hi, how's it going.' Mixed is my Townread, Shinobi and Almost are Townleaning Null.

So far.
In post 1136, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1107, Rylai and Lina wrote:@KC why you brought Almost50 , Shinobi and mixed? write 1 sentence about each one please :]

~Rylai
They are among the players that I know and can get a decent read on. You and Fire were also on my shortlist, btw, and Ranger was too.
In post 1290, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1242, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1092, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 843, Reasonably Irrational wrote:
In post 762, Klingoncelt wrote:
I chose the current Hunting Party out of those players that I know fairly well and can get a half-decent read of.

I don't know why they don't choose me. :(
Klingon, you chose the current party? It wasn't rng'd at game start?

-Elbirn
I was told to pick my Party on Night 0. Not much better than rng, I had no clue whatsoever as to their alignments before the game started. I still don't, actually.
sorry if I missed it, but on what basis DID you pick your group?

Players that I know and can read.
I guess this kind of answers my question.

Will wait to see the promised list.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Reasonably Irrational »

Hey everyone I'm back. Deprioritized mafia and probably shouldn't have, ah well. There were a couple questions asked of me so I'll address that. *shrug*.
In post 1566, Rylai and Lina wrote:

-Cerb
The posts like this concerns me about you cerb.

I don't like the way you just come and mark all the main wagons of game as "lynch bait" and while your pushing them too , trying to make a bad feeling about pushing them. This kind of behavior is "pre flip sympathy" and make me feel you have pre flip knowledge about the pushes.

I like your response to this

~Rylai
I'm not sure what response you want me to give to this? You know how I feel about feelings. I don't like them. So, umm, x makes you feel y doesn't do anything for me. I'm stating facts about those slots. Slots that don't engage with the game, as those slots aren't(for the most part) are extremely hard to accurately read, and extremely likely to cause a loss in LYLO if they live that long. It's dumb to just go lynching them all willy-nilly though, because it's unlikely they're all(or even *mostly*) scum, cuz math, but if we don't deal with them, they'll just always be...there, unreadable and problematic.

Also, for the record, the main wagons of the game have been shinobi and shadow_step. So it's rather disingenuous of you to suggest that I'm actually dissuading any wagons that are actually being actively pushed to any strong degree. In addition, the fact that I want H&M dead at this stage in the game, in spite of including them in that list, is something you should THINK about more, rather than just assuming there's some sort of scum motivation. There's a reason why I am pushing that SPECIFIC slot in this game, among the group of lurky mclurkers: Elbirn was the scum partner of one of the heads in the last game we played(thus, I'd be willing to bet he'll be able to pick up on tonal differences between the way the HD head posted in their scum PT, and the way he posted in the main game), and because of my limited experience with both heads, among EVERYONE who is being lurky, they are the ones whose posting style is most likely to lead to actual content when they respond, whether they're scum or not. If they're town, they'll throw out real commentary about things. If they're scum, because it's what they'd do as town, they'll still throw out lengthy commentary, which is helpful whenever they flip.

In short, yes, they're on that list, but the reason why I'm pushing them in particular over anyone else is a lot more complex than just "herp derp, they're lurking, push them!"

In post 1709, Nahdia wrote:scumhunting seemed a bit faked (the walls of questions and not much sorting as i recall). a bit too diplomatic (i think that's what u were getting at). and after all the questioning and such the slot has done they push a lurker slot.

RI whenever ur around what's your current thoughts on shadow_step? im totes goin' somewhere with this promise.
Umm.

Did you miss that I went through his entire ISO giving my thoughts on everything? Or the fact that his responses were all fluffy and dismissive? The main problem I see is the inconsistency between the BoP he placed on Sensei and yourself. He assumed you would be competent, while simultaneously assuming Sensei would be incompetent, in spite of knowing nothing about either of you. It's possible that this was caused by a low level reaction to the way you both play(Nahdia posts lots, therefore good at mafia, Sensei posts less, therefore bad), so I hesitate to demand his head over it, but it looks pretty bad. Nothing else is overtly scummy or alarming, I don't believe. At least, not in a way I can vocalize. Elbirn and I are willing to vote him, but we're more concerned with the H&M situation for the time being. Although actually he and I haven't spoken since we've both been gone from the thread, so that may change after further discussion.

Mixed6: Again, everything Zorblag head is saying is perfectly correct. Anyone who is giving credit to H&M for posting a modicum of difficult to read analysis without arriving at ANY conclusions about ANYONE in response to *two* of the most vocal individuals in the game expressing a willingness to vote them/desire to push them is making a mistake. It could very well be town, but it's the simplest thing to do as scum. We need them here, and talking to us.

I'm going to grab the H&M catchup posts(what little they did) and add post links for anyone who wants to actually go through that and respond to it. Not sure I feel up to actually addressing everything in it right now, but I'll at least do that little bit of prep work to make it easy for me to look at and evaluate.

-Cerb
A Hydra of Cerberus v666 & Elbirn
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1715, Mixed6 wrote:

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Every fucking game all he does is lurk until day 4 and site meta is to let him coast, fuck that.
I'm not 100% that this is true but I agree that he's been relatively useless thus far and should answer for it in one way or another.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Nahdia is falling down my list again.
I don't think she would be this useless/annoying as town.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Shinobi »

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

I'm also still waiting for you to answer the question I asked you beforehand.
Stop trying to avoid me.
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 12:36 pm

H&M's catchup posts, with post links added.
In post 1363, Hastur and Muriel wrote:...Well, that's one way to finally get me to stop procrastinating and pay attention, thank you RI.
3 a.m
4 a.m
5 a.m dammit
6 a.m whyyyy catchup and giant wall, let's go. I'll have
final
partially complete thoughts at the bottom, but if you want thought process, (which will have some recap) feel free to open the spoilerbox.

Spoiler: From the Very Start: Pages 1-33
Page 1- 23 is the only one that stands out. The concept they're worried about is unlikely, but the paranoia is plausible.
Page 2- RI still looks town, still not a fan of . Also don't think D&D's ability claim makes them look like any alignment.
Page 3- is fine, , , and don't read well to me. actually makes a lot of sense.
Page 4- Okay, Ranger and R&L have both claimed NU... I guess consider this page-by-page notes, as well. Xkyfu has also claimed NU.
Page 5- the puns in are lynch-worthy on their own, but the reads are fine. The Huntmaster vote didn't strike me as odd, but the points people are making about it are good. Liking .
Page 6- Disagreeing with the reasoning in , especially in light of how D&D's vote works. is kinda nonsensical, but I remember that gets brought up later. We shall see! is good. And there it is, points out the issue with .
Page 7- Mm. I suppose is a fair explanation, but it's... not strong. , though, is clearly obvscum, lynch that. (By which I mean, it's mine and I'm being humorous- although I will say that having looked at things besides the vote on our slot more carefully, I'm rescinding my opinion on Ranger.) Answering - D&D were not in the "not voting" pile even BEFORE they had voted. Which means their revealing that ability isn't particularly town-aligned, 'cause someone would've figured it out.
Page 8-185 answers the bit of mechanical wondering I had about the spider vote, that's good. is... not my favorite. is good. Actually just not liking Bogre this page.
Page 9- Iiiiii am not a fan of ABR's playstyle, but people are saying it's their town play, so... not scumreading, but you won't seem me voting that slot for Huntmaster any time soon. Gee Willikers and Nahdia are both reading fine to me, but I disagree with GW about Cerb.
Page 10- Toogeloo isn't reading well to me. also doesn't make much sense. ... I'm just making a note of that, I guess, but somehow admitting to being a nightmare host doesn't strike me as a good thing. makes me regret trying to read 50 pages of thread in one sitting starting at 3 a.m., but otherwise I like it. Townreading GW at this point.
Page 11- @, while I actually was skimming the game at that point, the spider vote stuff was the main thing I WAS paying attention to. You're misinterpreting. Deliberately? Hm. As to asking you directly, beats me, call it a playstyle difference or call it late night posting, because apparently I'm only productive when I'm tired and hungry. And now is interesting, far more interesting than . Guessing a role name? Just bullshitting? It does come across as COMPLETELY different from their previous play, I must say. ... how is a nearly random dayvig town? I don't get this?
Page 12- 278 reads well to me. bothers me just because it doesn't give reasoning or actually push for anything. Role ability, maybe? I'd guess role-related. is another post that makes me regret what I'm doing at the moment. But it still points to town Cerb, basically unless something changes I'm townreading that slot. ... I disagree with their reasoning, and still feel like nightmares don't sound like town abilities, but sure, okay, their reasoning at least sounds like something they're actually thinking, not made up.
Page 13- Regretting this already. Anyway, RI/M6 competition for Huntmaster... well, if you're this far along, you know who I'd back for that. Still think D&D are pretty null overall. is good. is not good, I personally am just as paranoid as scum as I am as town... or maybe that's just me.
Page 14- I am filled with regret. , while it sounds good, doesn't actually add much. Very vague. ... nope, sorry Nahdia, 'fraid we aren't doing anything. We'll try, though. is kinda strange, why ask Xkyfu in particular?
Page 15- Klingon is thoroughly null at this point. Not much else on this page.
Page 16- I continue to regret still being awake. is good. has my attention, let's see where that goes. ... hm. Mysterious. Wonder what happened. Dangit this whole page is subtly hinting at stuff. Booo.
Page 17- I'm liking Sensei and R&L on this page.
Page 18- D&D is looking more town, I'll bump them up off of the null list. I think I'm hitting my second wind, feeling a little more awake. While I disagree with Shadow's reads here, I'm not scumreading them for it. Bogre is getting a little better, still leaning scum on them though.
Page 19- Page 16 mystery is "resolved" without explanation. My curiosity is piqued even further. Siding with Nahdia on the Nahdia/Shadow debate that seems to be forming at the moment.
Page 20- More references to the mystery. This way lies madness, my friends. Almost50's bowblade was definitely some kind of actual ability, I think. Curious. The vehemence in also seems a bit unusual to me. As of the end of this page, whatever mystery stuff RI and Random have going is keeping me interested. Guess I'm gonna keep reading.
Page 21- Hmm. Nothing to say here. Gonna see how this conversation unfolds.
Page 22- Shinobi/Fire Assassin interaction has FA reading better and Shinobi reading worse. Not sure why FA doesn't want Mixed to get the Huntmaster vote? But then, I'd probably prefer they don't get it as well, so I can't complain.
Page 23- Well, Cerb is finally settling on Random as town... and it's morning now. Not getting anything in particular over these last few pages, mostly because they're all part of one faster-moving conversation. General reads are building, though.
Page 24- Not a fan of ABR's playstyle, but they aren't looking scummy. This page has no real info.
Page 25- Toogeloo's is doing nothing to make me think they're town. Liking D&D more for seeing it the same way.
Page 26- Yeah, I can see why people are disliking Almost here. They're still kinda null, but I'm watching to see how this unfolds now.
Page 27- Yeah, not liking Almost here. Still not liking Zulfy. comes completely out of nowhere. Bogre... I'm less certain on Bogre, now, but still not townreading them.
Page 28- And Almost breaks out the Bowblade again? Really quite curious to find out what this is all about. RI's vote on FA I can understand even though I'm townreading both slots, still not seeing why M6 did that. Did Almost finish that off by claiming the ability was to force someone to be unable to unvote?
Page 29- Okay, Almost is seeming not-scum again. I'll promote them to a null/uncertain read. And oh look, it's my other head! Hello, other head. I completely failed to hold down the fort in your absence, sorry about that. Really though why am I pulling an all-nighter for this game. Xkyfu mentioned townreading Ranger, I don't even remember when Ranger last posted. Let's see how their catchup goes.
Page 30- Oh look, it's Ranger. Hi Ranger. I have no reads on you at the moment. And Klingon appears at the end. Otherwise, the page is pretty much meaningless.
Page 31- Wasn't the Hunting Party predetermined? Also the VC at the top of this page might've revealed the effect of the Bowblade. Not gonna go back and see what it does, I'm sure somebody will pick up on it. Liking R&L's catchup, I think.
Page 32- Nobody has mentioned that the Bowblade is in the VC, now? And, ooh, a new ability. Wonder what it does. Still preferring R&L to Shinobi anyway.
Page 33- I got nothing out of this, might be time to call it a night. Or, morning, now. Good night/morning, everybody. I'll get the other 22 pages after some sleep.

As of Page: 33
Currently liking RI, M6, GW, Sensei, R&L, Nahdia, D&D, FA, Random
Not liking Toogeloo, Zulfy, Bogre, shadow.
Everyone else is null or uncertain
Whoop-de-doo, be back soon, be fully caught up and actually playing the game shortly after that
In post 1559, Hastur and Muriel wrote:Here comes catchup wall part two, yay, hooray, what fun.

Spoiler: Pages 33-37
Page 33- Rereading this when I'm not dead tired. Toogeloo still doesn't look good. Maybe it's a phrasing thing, but "don't trust their slot but not in a scumread way" from 806 doesn't really make much sense. They might be trying to articulate a similar feeling that I've got on the Mixed6 slot (i.e, town, but too erratic to give Huntmaster slot too,) but the wording doesn't sound quite right for that. Quibble quibble, though. The rest is the page isn't giving me much to go on.
Page 34- is good, seems townie to me. Nothing else really standing out here.
Page 35- is good, looking forward to seeing what comes of questioning Klingon.
Page 36- Honestly the whole Bowblade interaction thing is looking pretty town to me? Far from the best town
play,
but it doesn't seem scummy. Not really getting any solid reads on Shinobi from their interactions with R&L, but I know my other head isn't a fan. I'm seeing M6, FA, and R&L all as town, so seeing the different opinions those slots have on each other (especially given the two hydras) is... don't know what word I'm looking for. Messy?
Page 37- Nothing of note here.

Well, I intended to get through the rest of the thread today, but some stuff came up on my end of things, and now I'm still kinda dead from pulling an all-nighter for the catchup last night. I'll finish it tomorrow, then! My apologies for the lack of content in this one.
So, one thing I noticed: They DID arrive at conclusions/declare a firm stance on some things as of the end of the first catch up post, so that's a bit better looking than I originally thought it was, and the second catchup post was only 4 pages, so no reason to change those conclusions. I'll look at it as a whole later on.

Nahdia, why were you asking me about shadow?

-Cerb

pedit: It's mostly true. PV can be an all star though when he actually plays. When he's actively engaged in the game he is just as capable as anyone else of just being spot on in his read of the game state and identification of the scum team..the problem is just that he frequently does *this* for days on end.
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 12:37 pm

In post 1719, Shinobi wrote:Nahdia is falling down my list again.
How is she useless? How is she annoying?

-Cerb
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1722, Reasonably Irrational wrote:

-Cerb
I had this huge conversation where I started talking to her and she just kind of looked through my answers and ignored me.
Now she's just off doing whatever while she sits on my wagon.

It's really irritating and I don't get the feeling she cares very much about what I'm doing/saying.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1723, Shinobi wrote:
In post 1722, Reasonably Irrational wrote:

-Cerb
I had this huge conversation where I started talking to her and she just kind of looked through my answers and ignored me.
Now she's just off doing whatever while she sits on my wagon.

It's really irritating and I don't get the feeling she cares very much about what I'm doing/saying.
Does my vote on you fluster you, Shinobi? ^_~

sorry for the attitude i guess. it's a mixture of Day 1 in a large game, general poor mood lately, and apathy because i was really hoping for a scum campaign in the setup. i prefer playing anti-town especially after ive gotten so many town flips lately :\
In post 1717, Reasonably Irrational wrote:
In post 1709, Nahdia wrote:scumhunting seemed a bit faked (the walls of questions and not much sorting as i recall). a bit too diplomatic (i think that's what u were getting at). and after all the questioning and such the slot has done they push a lurker slot.

Umm.

Did you miss that I went through his entire ISO giving my thoughts on everything? Or the fact that his responses were all fluffy and dismissive? The main problem I see is the inconsistency between the BoP he placed on Sensei and yourself. He assumed you would be competent, while simultaneously assuming Sensei would be incompetent, in spite of knowing nothing about either of you. It's possible that this was caused by a low level reaction to the way you both play(Nahdia posts lots, therefore good at mafia, Sensei posts less, therefore bad), so I hesitate to demand his head over it, but it looks pretty bad. Nothing else is overtly scummy or alarming, I don't believe. At least, not in a way I can vocalize. Elbirn and I are willing to vote him, but we're more concerned with the H&M situation for the time being. Although actually he and I haven't spoken since we've both been gone from the thread, so that may change after further discussion.

-Cerb
yah i did see that i was purposefully putting you on the spot.

so you pretty much have a non-opinion on him. radical.
In post 1721, Reasonably Irrational wrote:Nahdia, why were you asking me about shadow?

-Cerb
because they were the leading wagon when you introduced your H&M push, which seemed kinda outta nowhere. see where im going with this yet? :p

-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”