Mini 499: Just Your typical Mafia Game GAME OVER!!!!!!!!

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:17 am

Post by Skruffs »

I agree, pwayne... and it is harder for scum to be scum if they have to act town. While that makes it harder for town to find them, it also mamkes it harder for them to lead town aroud by their nose.

Cicero - yes, it was on CA.

Mod Edit

Vote Count

Kakeng- 2 (shaka!!, somestrangeflea)
somestrangeflea- 2 (cicero, Jester)

cicero- 1 (Skruffs)
shaka!!-1 (Skitzer)
skitzer- 1 (ChocolateAttack)
Skruffs- 1 (White)

Not voting (4): Gorgon, Kakeng, pwayne66, Skruffs

7 to lynch

8 days till deadline
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:41 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Methinks some prodding is required.

Prodding Theo and shaka
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:46 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Ergh still here . . . still pretty disillusioned with life here.

Did I tell everyone how much days this long hurt the town and irritate the hell out of me? No. Well I shan't bore you with it all.

vote skitzer

Because I read a thread in mafia discussion discussing backups, I think it's unlikely there's one in the game, simple really.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:48 am

Post by cicero »

theopor_COD wrote:Ergh still here . . . still pretty disillusioned with life here.

Did I tell everyone how much days this long hurt the town and irritate the hell out of me? No. Well I shan't bore you with it all.

vote skitzer

Because I read a thread in mafia discussion discussing backups, I think it's unlikely there's one in the game, simple really.
QFT

Unvote. Vote skitzer
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:41 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Lynching skitzer kills a claimed power role and still leaves us short a kakeng going into day 2.

Vote:Kakeng
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:42 am

Post by cicero »

I'm increasingly of the opinion that Kakeng is town. We should continue to seek his replacement.

I dont think it's a believable power role. Never have.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:53 am

Post by Gorgon »

cicero wrote:I'm increasingly of the opinion that Kakeng is town.
Why?
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:01 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I have my doubts about the claim too, but I am starting to doubt we are going to find anybody to replace into a 30 page read of an increasingly stagnating game. If we lynch skitzer, are we still going to have a kakeng problem tomorrow? Can this game survive waiting for a replacement? If skitzer turns out to be telling the truth, we could lose three townies, skitzer, a scum NK, and kakeng (if we can't replaceand he is town). What does everybody think about the odds of replacing kakeng? Should we lynch before the replacement? Do we have a choice as it seems that we are still on a deadline. These are the things that I wonder about.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:02 am

Post by cicero »

Gorgon wrote:
cicero wrote:I'm increasingly of the opinion that Kakeng is town.
Why?
It's a frustrating meta reason actually. It isn't game breaking or rule breaking but it's something he said somewhere else on the site. And it isn't obviously true. And I'm not going to tell you what he said or where out of respect for the game. It just tilted me toward MAYBE thinking his role wasn't scum. In any event that role is empty and there is no one there to defend themselves or claim, so I'm ignoring it for now regardless.

Sorry to be so inscrutable about it.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:14 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I've found the post that you are referring too... It's like a car wreck up in here... I don't think it proves that he is town... but I can see why you would lean toward thinking that.

UNVOTE

...with the understanding that we need to have a serious talk about how to salvage this game.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:16 am

Post by Skruffs »

Generally speaking you don't lynch power claims. PEriod.

Explain it, because someone needs to be lynched, and if it has to be Kakeng, even with your town tell, then it has to be.
Vote : Kakeng

see? One step closer. HE's not going to defend himself - you are stespping up to the plate for him.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:21 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

The fact of the matter is this. We have been looking for a replacement for Kakeng for over a week, and we haven't got one yet. In terms of gameplay, he may as well be dead. The chance of a replacement appearing is, IMO, decreasing, and we may as well lose dead weight...

Vote: Kakeng
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:26 am

Post by cicero »

Ok. Fine. Do with it what you will.

I was annoyed with all the replacements and started a thread in mafiascum chat with the idea of creating a flakelist. Flea has posted in the thread as well. When I was asked for evidence I used this game as evidence of flakery. I specifically mentioned Kakeng who came in and said

"I quit because I was being a liability to the town, oh, and at that time, I was in 2 minis and 1 theme park so I did not need to quit if I wanted to join a mini."
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2&start=50

Do with it what you will.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:30 am

Post by cicero »

And I don't care what the "general rule" of powerclaims are. I think Skitzer/AlyGs claim is bullshit. So the general rule doesn't apply. I also think he's your scumbuddy Skruff and Flea. Just so you know where I stand.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:46 am

Post by Gorgon »

What Kakeng states as his reasons for quitting in another thread doesn't prove anything. It's just as public as this thread, and should be treated as such.

I feel that a skitzer lynch is way too risky on day one; he's the only claimed powerrole and therefore a very logical target for the scum. I think he should live through this day.

That said, I hate the idea of lynching absent Kakeng. Surely someone can replace him (yeah, more replacements, OMG)?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:48 am

Post by skitzer »

OK, since so so many of you are suspicious, here is my backup story:

I am a Backup. When any power role dies, I may PM to replace them, but I don't have to. I believe that there is more than one. I think pwayne is another, due to his uneasiness about voting for one.

unvote
. shaka!! hasn't said much, and is no longer scummy in my book. my new concern is cicero, he's been asking an extesnive amount of questions, and I don't like that,

vote: cicero
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:50 am

Post by cicero »

skitzer wrote:OK, since so so many of you are suspicious, here is my backup story:

I am a Backup. When any power role dies, I may PM to replace them, but I don't have to. I believe that there is more than one. I think pwayne is another, due to his uneasiness about voting for one.

unvote
. shaka!! hasn't said much, and is no longer scummy in my book. my new concern is cicero, he's been asking an extesnive amount of questions, and I don't like that,

vote: cicero
You don't like people asking an extensive amount of questions... in an investigation game??

What drugs are you on, Son.

This game is getting me down.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:53 am

Post by skitzer »

Well, yours is extensive to the limit. Overly extensive. And when you're not asking questions, you're making long posts to explain...I don't like it.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:56 am

Post by cicero »

skitzer wrote:Well, yours is extensive to the limit. Overly extensive. And when you're not asking questions, you're making long posts to explain...I don't like it.
Skitzer, if you ARE town you are not being helpful. You come in. Say a few half assed or jokey things and then duck out again. And now you just walked in and did the following:

1. Endorse lurking.
2. Punish investigation.
3. Make a claim without any evidence to back it up, (am I actually asking a lot of questions right now? Oops is that another one? Could you show us what you mean? oops is THAT another one?) and
4. Cast an OMGUS vote.

If you ARE what you say you are you could be doing a better job for us. I'm sorry.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:56 am

Post by Gorgon »

skitzer wrote:Well, yours is extensive to the limit. Overly extensive. And when you're not asking questions, you're making long posts to explain...I don't like it.
And this behaviour is scummy ... why?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:58 am

Post by skitzer »

cicero wrote:
Skitzer, if you ARE town you are not being helpful. You come in. Say a few half assed or jokey things and then duck out again. And now you just walked in and did the following:

1. Endorse lurking.
2. Punish investigation.
3. Make a claim without any evidence to back it up, (am I actually asking a lot of questions right now? Oops is that another one? Could you show us what you mean? oops is THAT another one?) and
4. Cast an OMGUS vote.

If you ARE what you say you are you could be doing a better job for us. I'm sorry.
I don't know how...
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:41 pm

Post by ChocolateAttack »

skitzer wrote:OK, since so so many of you are suspicious, here is my backup story:

Lol! i never hear of any role like this so i went and ask one of my friend who introduced me to mafiascum game and he said he never hear of a backup role either.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by ChocolateAttack »

Skruffs wrote:I've been lynched for being me in lots of games. It happens. It's not because I'm a newb or experienced, it's because people didn't understand me and put votes on me.

If you think scum will blend in and thus scummy people are town, what is the poitn of even trying to scum hunt at all, because in yoru eyes, that is something scum will do.

Maybe they do. BUT SO DOES TOWN!!! Acting pro-town is NOT a scum tell, if you want to realy argue it, it is a null-tell. But I think acting pro-town is a pro-town tell, generally, and I don't like you tryign to WIFOM the very act of town tryign to win mafia.
Nope! pro-town can sometime be scum but always in their voting or play style, there must be some flaw or something that hinted they are scum. I am not WIFOM you, your logic were flaws and reasoning were weak and the thing i find must ridiculous is your first paragraph in the above quote. If you got lynch many times then i am sure you'll learn how to make people to understand you instead of keep posting with that kind of playing and get lynch over and over again.
I started out very badly too. On my first game, i was successful lynch a mafia but somehow with my play style, i got lynch and i was like FTQ so i learn how to make people to understand me. You said that you are not newb so i am sure you play quite a number of game and you saying your playing style or posting doesn't not improving?
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:55 pm

Post by shaka!! »

Sorry for not being active, this game has been so long it is now seeing my second session of exams this year..

I promise to get a read done of what has been said recently soon though.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:12 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

I still think Skitzer's the play.
Skitzer wrote:I am a Backup. When any power role dies, I may PM to replace them, but I don't have to. I believe that there is more than one. I think pwayne is another, due to his uneasiness about voting for one.
You think it's likely we have two backups huh? Usually town has 2/3 power roles - imagine being scum spotting the doctor only to find out there's another one or the cop for instance. You are in my opinion likely scum, however it seems too many of us are worried about lynching you.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”