Mini 1802: Paint Mafia Sequel - Game Over!

beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:33 pm

Post by beeboy »

L-2
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

VoteCount 1.02Image
"A girl with long (hip-length), wavy brown hair hugging Nanami Chiaki"

=====================
Spiffeh [2]
- lalaladucks, Nahdia
Aristophanes [2]
- Bellaphant, Ranger
UpTooLate [2]
- Spiffeh, Aristophanes
Thestatusquo [5]
- beeboy, pieguyn, UpTooLate, hiplop, Nina Williams

Not Voting [2]:

TehBrawlGuy, Thestatusquo
=====================
With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to flip someone's colour. You have (expired on 2016-06-18 17:00:00) to do so.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:51 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

Imma just claim miller here. Annoying, but whatever. Miller's a dumb role.
In post 48, UpTooLate wrote:
In post 43, UpTooLate wrote:Ok let me get clarification on something.

We want to flip who we're scumreading right?
yes? no?
That depends. Here, on D1, I think using it as we would a lynch is the correct play, but after that it's kind of a crapshoot. Every phase, colors will get less and less accurate as the mafia gets to change them more.
As a faction you have the ability to send one of your members every night to go out and paint a player a new colour, which will also cover them in wet paint. You have one charge of blue paint and infinite charges of red, green, orange, yellow, black, white and purple.
^Direct quote from last game's scum PM. Obviously. Scum probably have some similar system here to prevent the game from getting broken by the reveal phase. Checking beeboy's , he said that in the last game Scum couldn't tailor, and he doubts that Scum would even have a framer. Then in his , he says that he missed that Scum could tailor last game, but doesn't note anything about framing. Offhand, this feels like a Townslip to me. Really seems like scum!bee would know about that kind of ability and not make that mistake, but town!bee would not. (assuming, of course, that mafia have a similar factional ability, which I think they must for balance reasons)
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:02 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

@pie
@utl
@nina
@hiplop

Explain to me why you think this is TSQ!scum rather than just TSQ being TSQ?

I'll cast a VOTE: Nina for now. I dislike the TSQ wagon. It feels off to me. Of the people on it, I particularly take issue with Nina because of her . I generally find cute-story-posting like that to be a scumtell, because it allows you to mask your tone very well. This section gives me pause as well.
In post 106, Nina Williams wrote: Nina - "I kinda think the Spiffeh wagon had to have a scumpartner vote him. And I think UTL/beeboy/hiplop are town. At least the first two.

Host - "A fine reason indeed. Thanks for watching everyone, we'll be back after the break! Nina Williams has just picked Aristophanes, thestatusquo and lalaladucks as the scumteam! Stay tuned for more!
She thinks Spiffeh had a scumpartner vote him, but Spiffeh isn't on her reads list as Scum? This is a fabricated reads list. To me, it seems to me the reason she's talking about Spiffeh's scumpartners is because she already knows Spiffeh is Scum. If we flip Nina now and she flips red, I think it's a 2-for-1 on her and Spiffeh.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Nina Williams
Nina Williams
Townie
Nina Williams
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Post by Nina Williams »

tehbrawlguy: is your miller ability related to your color?

About TSQ: the action is scummy, that's all I care about right now. If I am wrong, please correct me.

About Spiffeh: You are correct. I think my brain made some crazy twist there. But hey, at least I can have you as a townread for pointing out my own mistake. But if you really think I would make a fabricated reads list, calling a partner scum and forgetting to list him as a scumread, I would be disappointed.
Nina Williams
Nina Williams
Townie
Nina Williams
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Post by Nina Williams »

Also, why did you not address beeboy, who was the first person to vote?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:53 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 116, hiplop wrote:Last game it ended up being useless

VOTE: tsq
and you think this is a good reason to not attempt to think about how it should be used this game ... or address what I _have_ written about it ... or so much as form a scum read?

this is my issue with you in general: you've done absolutely nothing so far to game solve, and I don't really buy "mechanics confusion" as a reason for this. all you've done so far was jump on leading wagons with other people - while this is reasonable if you aren't sure exactly how your vote in this situation should be used, it doesn't excuse not trying to form reads at all. you haven't posted any reasoning or tried to question anyone at all based on their actual play and it makes me think you're mostly using the early-game confusion as an excuse to hide (the alternative being something like "I'm tilted on who to vote, but I know I don't like players X, Y, Z").
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 128, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Explain to me why you think this is TSQ!scum rather than just TSQ being TSQ?
regardless of who it is, I would expect a town player to... post reads... or ask questions... or do literally anything at all to sort people, rather than what TSQ did. what he did was pop in, make one vague snipe at me, and then do absolutely nothing else. it isn't productive and it isn't a town entrance; it is fairly standard for scum to just sit and vaguely snipe at things when they aren't sure what to comment on and want to look like they're doing things.

do you have meta that suggests this is usual for TSQ, or?

regardless of TSQ, TBG is probably town for what he said about beeboy. I usually don't expect scum to try to point out town slips, and I like the way he specifically called out Nina on the TSQ wagon rather than the scum alternative which usually looks like "don't like this wagon" with hardly any specifics. the reasoning didn't look forced, either.

also Ether/Cheetory, that is amazing. is it OK if I steal that for my avi? :D (I'd guess that was your intention, based on the image size, but I don't want to just steal it without asking first.)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:23 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

wut.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:29 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 132, pieguyn wrote:
In post 128, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Explain to me why you think this is TSQ!scum rather than just TSQ being TSQ?
regardless of who it is, I would expect a town player to... post reads... or ask questions... or do literally anything at all to sort people, rather than what TSQ did. what he did was pop in, make one vague snipe at me, and then do absolutely nothing else. it isn't productive and it isn't a town entrance; it is fairly standard for scum to just sit and vaguely snipe at things when they aren't sure what to comment on and want to look like they're doing things.

do you have meta that suggests this is usual for TSQ, or?

regardless of TSQ, TBG is probably town for what he said about beeboy. I usually don't expect scum to try to point out town slips, and I like the way he specifically called out Nina on the TSQ wagon rather than the scum alternative which usually looks like "don't like this wagon" with hardly any specifics. the reasoning didn't look forced, either.

also Ether/Cheetory, that is amazing. is it OK if I steal that for my avi? :D (I'd guess that was your intention, based on the image size, but I don't want to just steal it without asking first.)
you played like 10 games with me irl. Was my scum playstyle to snipe from the sidelines? I think that's inaccurate. This is where Hiplop will jump in and complain about me using "self-meta" which is funny because I talk about my meta like every game (which is ironically self meta as well.)

I think that its reasonable that you a) give someone more than 1 day to "sort people out" and b) give people credit for more sorting out than is happening on the surface of their posts. But maybe you don't. Iunno.

I disagree with you on the TBG thing. In my experience scum are more likely to search for reasons to call people town early on, because a) they are trying to not make enemies and b) they already know people are town and are thus more likely to call people town than town because town is unsure.

I give credence to the point where it didn't seem forced, but I specifically don't like the "scum doesnt look for town tells" thing. I think that's sometimes complete bull.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like part of what I don't like about your attack (although I'm less concerned about it than certain people on the wagon) is that it puts a burden on me that wasn't put on literally anyone else in the game. I was supposed to be serious and trying to sort out the game in my first and second posts? Literally no one does that in the current site meta. The fact that you singled me out over literally everyone else in the game who made random/jokey entrances into the game is really kind of strange. At the same time, I see strong motivations to do so from both sides of the aisle (scum: looking for things to attack in order to seem more involved in scum hunting than they are and town: looking for small edges to push to get the game out of the random stage.)

the more I think about it the more I think its a weak town tell. I'll post more about the rest of the wagon later. That's the really interesting thing.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:44 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 128, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
@pie
@utl
@nina
@hiplop

Explain to me why you think this is TSQ!scum rather than just TSQ being TSQ?

I'll cast a VOTE: Nina for now. I dislike the TSQ wagon. It feels off to me. Of the people on it, I particularly take issue with Nina because of her . I generally find cute-story-posting like that to be a scumtell, because it allows you to mask your tone very well. This section gives me pause as well.
In post 106, Nina Williams wrote: Nina - "I kinda think the Spiffeh wagon had to have a scumpartner vote him. And I think UTL/beeboy/hiplop are town. At least the first two.

Host - "A fine reason indeed. Thanks for watching everyone, we'll be back after the break! Nina Williams has just picked Aristophanes, thestatusquo and lalaladucks as the scumteam! Stay tuned for more!
She thinks Spiffeh had a scumpartner vote him, but Spiffeh isn't on her reads list as Scum? This is a fabricated reads list. To me, it seems to me the reason she's talking about Spiffeh's scumpartners is because she already knows Spiffeh is Scum. If we flip Nina now and she flips red, I think it's a 2-for-1 on her and Spiffeh.
there are parts of it that are off (i.e. specific players on it), but for the most part it feels like a pretty normal wagon that happens early on day ones. Is it just nina that feels off to you about is there something about the wagon in particular?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:46 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@nina, why is beeboy town? Also, you mentioned hippy as maybe!not!town but then drop it from your list:why?

That wagon grew super fast and I dunno if we should be rushing this: someone said to use about four days?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:34 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 129, Nina Williams wrote:tehbrawlguy: is your miller ability related to your color?

About TSQ: the action is scummy, that's all I care about right now. If I am wrong, please correct me.

About Spiffeh: You are correct. I think my brain made some crazy twist there. But hey, at least I can have you as a townread for pointing out my own mistake. But if you really think I would make a fabricated reads list, calling a partner scum and forgetting to list him as a scumread, I would be disappointed.
what action exactly? I came in and posted more or less at random like literally anyone else here.

Actually, fuck it. I've convinced myself of this.

VOTE: nina
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:34 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 137, Bellaphant wrote:@nina, why is beeboy town? Also, you mentioned hippy as maybe!not!town but then drop it from your list:why?

That wagon grew super fast and I dunno if we should be rushing this: someone said to use about four days?
though this is temping too. Hand wringing about the speed of an early pressure wagon is more likely to come from scum than town.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 138, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 129, Nina Williams wrote:tehbrawlguy: is your miller ability related to your color?

what action exactly? I came in and posted more or less at random like literally anyone else here.

ugh and the role fishing here too.

:/
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:00 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 66, UpTooLate wrote:Because, quite frankly, I'm tired of games being rushed.
Nina Williams
Nina Williams
Townie
Nina Williams
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:28 am

Post by Nina Williams »

In post 137, Bellaphant wrote:@nina, why is beeboy town? Also, you mentioned hippy as maybe!not!town but then drop it from your list:why?

I have no reason to believe beeboy is not town.
I am not sure about hiplop, although I am not considering him as scum right now.
Nina Williams
Nina Williams
Townie
Nina Williams
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:31 am

Post by Nina Williams »

In post 140, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 138, Thestatusquo wrote:

ugh and the role fishing here too.

:/
rolefishing? How can you rolefish someone who has already claimed?
Weak attack to back up your bad vote, I get it.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:00 am

Post by Nahdia »

catching up.

Ranger is town like I said
Beebs' reaction to me saying so was poor. kinda felt like a reflexive "discredit the town finding other town" tbh. Guess we'll see where that goes tho.
diggin' pieguyn's sorting even if I'm not 100% on board with some of their reads.
i like beeboy's 91 a lot, actually.
by post 93 i' hope Nina is doing more than naked voting.... but then, I guess I'm not the best in terms of explaining myself all the time either.
ooooooooook 106 was awkward as hell. does Nina usually do goofy crap like this? cause for me it looked liked scum trying to establish a tone.
for w/e reason that miller claim feels skeevy to me. the "townslip" argument is kind of a major stretch, too.
starting to get nervous about pieguyn... they seem to be proactively sorting but I keep coming out with the opposite perspective on events as them.
i've looked over TSQ and the wagon on him a few times an I really don't get any strong opinions on it either way. the way TSQ defends his self-hammer is a bit of a ping for me, but he lampshades it and claims he always does that so meh?
136 feels a bit forged in terms of a reaction to a sudden wagon on you.
yeah the role fishing argument is a huge stretch tbh. that wasn't role fishing at all.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:31 am

Post by beeboy »

Like TSQ said earlier this game we are just doing arbitrary actions right now so none of his flailing really matters and we should still flip him.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:32 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 144, Nahdia wrote:Ranger is town like I said
Beebs' reaction to me saying so was poor. kinda felt like a reflexive "discredit the town finding other town" tbh. Guess we'll see where that goes tho.
You said a claimed innocent child was town.
That doesn't help anyone sort anyone elses alignment.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 146, beeboy wrote:
In post 144, Nahdia wrote:Ranger is town like I said
You said a claimed innocent child was town.
That doesn't help anyone sort anyone elses alignment.
I don't see the mod confirming ranger's alignment, so I don't really care about what she says she is. she's town.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Nahdia »

like, hey guys, I'm gonna be mod-confirmed as town at some point in this game too. but you don't have to take my word for it. please, read me.

-Zaphkael, 2020
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:35 am

Post by beeboy »

If she seriously claims she is going to be mod confirmed later today she is going to sort herself it is that simple and specing her alignment is irrelevant as a result.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”