Newbie 1717: Newbies Through the Looking Glass (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:09 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

Can we clarify quickly who Titus and RC are/what hydras are going on in this game?

Accountant's defensiveness is starting to rub me the wrong way. A bit of defensiveness is fine, especially since I do it, but this seems a bit over the top. I have more thoughts but for now I'm going to sleep (still on vacation)
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:15 pm

Post by Accountant »

How am I being defensive, IV? Simoyd wrote a post about how I was scum; I responded by writing a post about how I was not. This seems natural.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Grace
Grace
Townie
Grace
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:38 pm

Post by Grace »

I think I might change my vote on Accountant at some point.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:31 pm

Post by Accountant »

You should! I suggest changing it to Mizzy.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:14 am

Post by Xalxe »

Vote Count 1.4

Begin at the beginning, and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Accountant
(3): Grace, RadiantCowbells, Simoyd
Mizzytastic
(2): Meepo, Accountant
Meepo
(1): Mizzytastic
innocentvillager
(1): Lycanfire
RadiantCowbells
(1): Pants98
Lycanfire
(1): innocentvillager

Not Voting
:
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-06-22 07:25:57)
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Accountant, why defend IV so hard when he had an opportunity to do it himself, gave it up and showed up 36 hours later to try? Popular opinion wasn't against IV. Why should you care more than he did, and what was the rush?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:49 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'm still really happy with my Accountant vote.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Pants98
Pants98
Goon
Pants98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Pants98 »

In post 126, Accountant wrote:How am I being defensive, IV? Simoyd wrote a post about how I was scum; I responded by writing a post about how I was not. This seems natural.
Yeah........ no.

VOTE: Accountant
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:58 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 130, Lycanfire wrote:Accountant, why defend IV so hard when he had an opportunity to do it himself, gave it up and showed up 36 hours later to try? Popular opinion wasn't against IV. Why should you care more than he did, and what was the rush?
I care when people say/do wrong things. Like suspecting IV for for being V/LA.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:58 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 132, Pants98 wrote:
In post 126, Accountant wrote:How am I being defensive, IV? Simoyd wrote a post about how I was scum; I responded by writing a post about how I was not. This seems natural.
Yeah........ no.

1) You're actually going to have to give a stronger case than that if you want to lynch me.
2) This vote makes it L-1, which means the next person to vote me will lynch me instantly(as outlined in my IC post). You should have declared this so people don't vote recklessly.

Pants98
Pants98
Goon
Pants98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:10 am

Post by Pants98 »

In post 134, Accountant wrote:
In post 132, Pants98 wrote:
Yeah........ no.

1) You're actually going to have to give a stronger case than that if you want to lynch me.
2) This vote makes it L-1, which means the next person to vote me will lynch me instantly(as outlined in my IC post). You should have declared this so people don't vote recklessly.

Sure give me a few hours.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I wasn't going to say anything yesterday but Meepo has disappeared for 59 hours.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by Accountant »

hey pants it's been way more than a few hours

Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

pr sure i woke up, ate, worked an 8 hour shift and have been chilling in my own sweat and wine in the same time he said a few hours.
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:20 pm

Post by Meepo »

I dissapeared because i had nothing to say thus far but now i do. Pants98 voted for accountant putting her at L-1 without even giving any reason first hand, later saying he will do it later, but keeps the vote on. This an extremely scummy move in my eyes. You don`t put someone at L-1 without an immediate reason or an obvious scum tell, which to me it is not. Either he is scum or a noob town who doesn`t realize the importance of vote majority. Waiting for his response.
Meepo
Meepo
Goon
Meepo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:26 pm

Post by Meepo »

It appears though that 29 hours have passed. To me it seems he`s just waiting for a noob town to vote for accountant.
Grace
Grace
Townie
Grace
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:15 am

Post by Grace »

UNVOTE: Accountant

I don't want an immediate lynch.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:25 am

Post by Xalxe »

Prodding
Mizzytastic
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:47 am

Post by Simoyd »

I'd like to hear more from RC and Pants. Nothing really to go on.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:50 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'm happy with what's going on and really busy irl so probs not gonna do much besides let Accountant get himself lynched.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 139, Meepo wrote:I dissapeared because i had nothing to say thus far but now i do. Pants98 voted for accountant putting her at L-1 without even giving any reason first hand, later saying he will do it later, but keeps the vote on. This an extremely scummy move in my eyes. You don`t put someone at L-1 without an immediate reason or an obvious scum tell, which to me it is not. Either he is scum or a noob town who doesn`t realize the importance of vote majority. Waiting for his response.
this isn't a good reason. you need to see things from perspective. if accountant is scum, he's going to be terrified of one of the newbies in the game posting while he's L-1. in scum's mind, they are one good post away from the newbie agreeing and slamming the hammer down on them. you could easily get scum flailing around when they would love to wait on pants instead.

similarly, if accountant is town and have scum on his wagon they want to make a good post as there's a chance a newbie could hammer unprompted.

if you disappeared for 8hours cool, but that was >2 days. active town intimidates scum when they're being accused and that's when you see them make mistakes.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:03 pm

I'm definitely uncomfortable with Pants's sudden L-1. There is zero town motivation and 100% scum motivation to do that. If he genuinely miscounted, I guess that's fine (even if not very believable). @Pants why did you not bother to announce L-1?

VOTE: Pants[\vote]

It's one thing to not be active, but another to declare a specific post and not follow up on it. These are good enough reasons to give Pants some scum points out of the gate.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:03 pm

VOTE: Pants

Sorry, phone posting is hard
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:14 pm

You should know as an IC that people will make cases on you as town and scum and fypov some of the points may be misreps and maybe even all of them warrant a response. Even if it might not be "NAI", (it's certainly not pro town or IMO good ICing) I don't understand why you would post that last paragraph conclusion and go so far as to force your defense down his throat declaring that he was completely wrong, and his case was horribly misguided. He's a newbie. Don't try to manipulate him by strongarming him into town reading you.

I have a slight scumread on you for this but I also agree with a lot of the things you say so you're at a null for me. I want to see Pants's belated case and response to my accusation first.

I'm also not liking Grace much lately in this game--she was so full of energy in the beginning and "curious" to learn the game, but has recently done nothing towards finding scum. It's as if she tried to appear townie by generating a lot of easy posts in the beginning to build up her count, and then tapers off when she sees the town doing the same. I feel queasy about this because my early scum attitudes were something along these lines, posting as much as I can when it was easy to get my post count up and then not actually make an effort to find scum when I need to. I do like the unvote on Accountant however, so she remains null/light scum for me.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:37 pm

Post by Accountant »

That last paragraph conclusion was done in order to completely shut down any attempt Simoyd may gave at scum reading me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”