Mini 499: Just Your typical Mafia Game GAME OVER!!!!!!!!

somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:24 pm

Post by somestrangeflea »

theopor_COD wrote:I still think Skitzer's the play.
Skitzer wrote:I am a Backup. When any power role dies, I may PM to replace them, but I don't have to. I believe that there is more than one. I think pwayne is
another
, due to his uneasiness about voting for one.
You think it's likely we have two backups huh? Usually town has 2/3 power roles - imagine being scum spotting the doctor only to find out there's another one or the cop for instance.
I agree that a backup is terribly swingy, it's essentially a combined Deputy/Nurse. Skitzer appears to believe that there are at least three, judging by his use of "another" instead of "the other". Surely you must know that a Nurse themselves is seen by many as unbalancing, so I'm not sure that you genuinely believe that this is a setup which could, potentially, have a backup backup backup Doc. Or a backup backup backup Cop. Or a back up Doc and a back up back up Cop. Etc.

Vote: skitzer

If the Kakeng replacement situation doesn't improve, I will advocate his lynch, purely in an attempt to get this game out of stasis...

Mod Edit

Vote Count

skitzer- 4 (ChocolateAttack, cicero, somestrangeflea, theopor_COD)

Kakeng- 2 (shaka!!, skruffs)
cicero- 1 (Skitzer)
Skruffs- 1 (White)
somestrangeflea- 1 (Jester)

Not voting (3): Gorgon, Kakeng, pwayne66

7 to lynch

7 days till deadline
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:33 am

Post by cicero »

somestrangeflea wrote:
Skitzer wrote:I am a Backup. When any power role dies, I may PM to replace them, but I don't have to. I believe that there is more than one. I think pwayne is
another
You think it's likely we have two backups huh? Usually town has 2/3 power roles - imagine being scum spotting the doctor only to find out there's another one or the cop for instance.
I agree that a backup is terribly swingy, it's essentially a combined Deputy/Nurse. Skitzer appears to believe that there are at least three, judging by his use of "another" instead of "the other". Surely you must know that a Nurse themselves is seen by many as unbalancing, so I'm not sure that you genuinely believe that this is a setup which could, potentially, have a backup backup backup Doc. Or a backup backup backup Cop. Or a back up Doc and a back up back up Cop. Etc.

If the Kakeng replacement situation doesn't improve, I will advocate his lynch, purely in an attempt to get this game out of stasis...
Wow. This actually looks sort of like scumhunting.

/snark off.

I agree with your target and conclusion here Flea but not your reasoning. Do you really think Skitzer is thinking at the level of weighing game balance? I mean you have seen how skitzer plays and yet you wrote "surely you must know that a nurse themselves is seen by many as unbalancing". I didn't know that and I think it's fair to say that I have a greater grasp of the proceedings than Skitzer shall we say.

Do you think he is better at Mafia than he is letting on?
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:41 am

cicero wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:
another

Wow. This actually looks sort of like scumhunting.

/snark off.

I agree with your target and conclusion here Flea but not your reasoning. Do you really think Skitzer is thinking at the level of weighing game balance? I mean you have seen how skitzer plays and yet you wrote "surely you must know that a nurse themselves is seen by many as unbalancing". I didn't know that and I think it's fair to say that I have a greater grasp of the proceedings than Skitzer shall we say.

Do you think he is better at Mafia than he is letting on?
Hmm. It seems Thesp's essay was written a lot earlier than I thought it was... The "surely you must know..." was a bit condescending, and now wrong, so apologies due there...

However, I do stand by my point though that
three
backups does seem like a scum overkill, and I do believe that skitzer would realise
that
. Gives me a slight hint of rolefishing, TBH...
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:50 am

Post by cicero »

yeah... maybe. Since it's definitely preposterous. But then, so is Skitz. Either way, I'm fine voting for him.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:38 am

Post by skitzer »

OK, here is my stand on this game.

I am a backup. I don't care if you guys don't believe me, I know it's true. Anyway, since there is at least one backup (I still believe that there are others) there must be power roles(that's obvious). Therefore, we have to think this through even more thoroughly. If the mafia really want to be successful, they should get rid of the backups before they find the town roles.

So, in that case, I'm dead anyway. Lynch me if you honestly want to hang something that'll be dead tomorrow. Instead, let's try finding someone who actually is scum, so the town is actually helped.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:15 am

Post by cicero »

skitzer wrote:OK, here is my stand on this game.

I am a backup. I don't care if you guys don't believe me, I know it's true. Anyway, since there is at least one backup (I still believe that there are others) there must be power roles(that's obvious). Therefore, we have to think this through even more thoroughly. If the mafia really want to be successful, they should get rid of the backups before they find the town roles.

So, in that case, I'm dead anyway. Lynch me if you honestly want to hang something that'll be dead tomorrow. Instead, let's try finding someone who actually is scum, so the town is actually helped.

No. Not necessarily. Because if there are power roles there is probably a cop and a doctor (especially if there are "two backups" as you suggest). So if you lived throught he night you would be swearing up and down that you must have gotten doctor protection. And mafia could always target someone else - like someone who investigates a lot for example. While leaving you as easy pickins for later. Your death is by no means assured.

I get your point though. But look - you can't just come in and say "i'm backup. I'm backup" over and over. That's what scum does in your position anyway. I don't want to lynch a townie, believe me. And I was all out in front on having AlyG's back at the beginning. But you aren't giving us much to work with here. You have a weirdo backup role that apparently can morph into either cop or doctor that no one has heard of before, and your play is either scummy or kind of "who gives a crap". You accused me and didn't answer my questions about it. Just said you didn't know how to. No evidence given, no effort put into the game, just a desire to say whatever you need to say for self, rather than town, preservation.

So what am I supposed to think? Know what I mean?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:18 am

Post by skitzer »

I understand. I know it's a weird backup role, but it is the truth. And I guess you make a valid point in saying that a doctor could protect me. And I really haven't had enough time on MafiaScum to show that this how I play. Its basically the same. I try to think inside the box.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:25 am

Post by cicero »

I havent been on long either. This was the second game i entered into ever. And my noobness shows through the cracks regularly. But at the end of the day it isn't rocket science. It's just a matter of taking it seriously and putting some elbow grease into it. So, if you have a case to make against me then make it. With some evidence. Otherwise look around and make one against other people with evidence. Remember this isn't a popularity contest. Who are the players you think has something to hide and is being disingenuous and why?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:30 am

Post by skitzer »

I don't. I guess your right. I shouldn't be voting for you. I just can't describe why I'm voting for someone. That's probably my biggest weakness. When I actually try to describe, its usually one or two sentences, or its worded awful, and it doesn't work for the other players. I just wasn't made for mafia.

Unvote.
I said this before, I think, but I just won't vote. I'll put input in, but since I can't describe myself, I'll just think and post.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:31 am

Post by cicero »

You CAN. Just practice. It's like anything else. work at it and you'll get better.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:33 am

Post by skitzer »

I'm kind of having a revelation now, and when I vote for people, it doesn't make sense to anyone. So I'm just going to unvote and read how other people explain their votes. Maybe I'll learn something.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:40 am

Post by cicero »

Well okey. But you haven't given me any reason to unvote you. If you turn up town... post lynch... that's something you did to the town. (or maybe that the mod did to the town by adding in a squirrelly never before seen role in a normal mini-game ;-) )
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:49 am

Post by skitzer »

Well the last option is right. I swear.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Skruffs »

Ssf - 3 backups? You're using the implausible idea of 3 backups to refute the idea of 1, when there's only 1 claimed backup role?

Cicero -
How do you know what would make the game balanced or not? You used that as a reason, you used the 'backup backup backup doc' idea, and you seem to be insinuating that it's skitzer's fault he's being lynched while at the same time being supportive without giving him and options to redeem himself. If he turns up town, I will be going after you tomorrow.

I am voting him because I checked the wiki for 'generic optional backup' and could not find that as a normal role. So I think it's a fake claim that shouldn't be in a normal mini.

unvote, vote: skitzer
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:21 am

Skruffs wrote:Ssf - 3 backups? You're using the implausible idea of 3 backups to refute the idea of 1, when there's only 1 claimed backup role?
No, I'm using the implausible idea of 3 backups to refute skitzer's idea that there are at least 3 backups...
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:25 am

Post by Gorgon »

Okay, I'm convinced. Let's do this.

I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:30 am

Post by skitzer »

You guys are making a really big mistake...when I turn up backup, cicero will kill skruffs. I know it.

I'm L-1 now, so I guess I can do a Role PM claim.
JordanA24's Role PM wrote:You are a backup, you are at the moment effectively a plain townie, but if any town power roles are killed, you may choose to take their place in that role, unfortunatly, you will not be as skilled as the original person who had that role. If you wish to become a dead players power role, PM me, it will be effective from the next night onwards.
Now, if you don't believe me, you can lynch me.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:33 am

Post by cicero »

skitzer wrote:You guys are making a really big mistake...when I turn up backup, cicero will kill skruffs. I know it.

I'm L-1 now, so I guess I can do a Role PM claim.
JordanA24's Role PM wrote:You are a backup, you are at the moment effectively a plain townie, but if any town power roles are killed, you may choose to take their place in that role, unfortunatly, you will not be as skilled as the original person who had that role. If you wish to become a dead players power role, PM me, it will be effective from the next night onwards.
Now, if you don't believe me, you can lynch me.
unvote

and he just went and got himself modkilled. Fucking lovely.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:34 am

Post by Gorgon »

Holy crap skitzer.
Jordan's rules wrote:8: Never quote anything that I PM to you.
Guess you're modkilled unless you're lying.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:39 am

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote:
Cicero -
How do you know what would make the game balanced or not? You used that as a reason, you used the 'backup backup backup doc' idea, and you seem to be insinuating that it's skitzer's fault he's being lynched while at the same time being supportive without giving him and options to redeem himself. If he turns up town, I will be going after you tomorrow.

]
Funny. I was about to say the same thing about you.

Honestly, I have no idea what you are going on about in that paragraph above. AND I thought you were pretty much going after me anyway. Remember, when you voted for me... and then I had to write a big long thing explaining to you some very simple things.

Let's be clear. I don't "seem to be insinuating" it's skitzers fault he's getting lynched. I stated it clearly. I also said "or the mod for putting a unique role in a game of mafia". As for being supportive of it, I'm highly uneasy about it. As I would be with a kakeng wagon. I think there's a good chance that either of them might come up town. I just don't believe in this generic backup role either. But the way Skitzer feels, it's like an innocent kitten and unlike everyone else I had a long chat with him yesterday trying to get him to do some pro-town things or defend himself in some way that could stop a town mislynch.

And from that behavior, NOW you want to come after ME tomorrow???

I have a better idea Skruffy, why don't you go after someone really scummy: Yourself. I'm gonna write out my case against you soon and It'll be something none of your posts are...oh what's the word... compelling.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:43 am

Post by cicero »

EBWOP: My last post was prepared before Skitzer's came out and I should have changed a bunch of the middle:

Given what just happened it should have been changed to past tense - something like:

"As for being supportive of it, I was highly uneasy about it. As I would be with a kakeng wagon. I thought there was a good chance that either of them might come up town. I just didnt believe in this generic backup role either. But the way Skitzer feels, it's like an innocent kitten and unlike everyone else I had a long chat with him yesterday trying to get him to do some pro-town things or defend himself in some way that could stop a town mislynch"
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:44 am

Post by skitzer »

Oops. Oh no. Oh well.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:02 am

To be fair, it looked as though skitzer was heading for the noose anyway, so I don't think we've lost any more than we would've lost anyway...
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:05 am

Post by skitzer »

EBWOP: I know it was a stupid mistake. But it would have happened anyway. Note how cicero pushed me to the limit. Town, take that into consideration. Please be careful

Suspicions on the Gallow:
cicero
Gorgon

Townies (IMO)
pwayne66
Skruffs
somestrangeflea

Rule Number 3: Sacrifice yourself for the town. And with that-

(Pre-meditated bah. Pre-meditated go town.)

(skitzer is no longer. Please do not pester him to the point of death anymore.)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:11 am

Post by cicero »

skitzer wrote:EBWOP: I know it was a stupid mistake. But it would have happened anyway. Note how cicero pushed me to the limit. Town, take that into consideration. Please be careful

Suspicions on the Gallow:
cicero
Gorgon
Oh I get it. This is BIZARRO WORLD mafia. Sorry my bad. Let me try:

Me am positve me am scum. Me so lurky. So sneaky.

Me am positive Skruffy towniest of town. He is logic perfect always

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bizarro

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”