Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:29 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

In post 270, Music and Mail wrote:That's generally a town!RC thing more than it is a scum!RC thing
-- Mail
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:29 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

In post 295, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 293, Music and Mail wrote:I'm kinda scumreading Ranger and BTD but I don't think they're likely to be scum together ugh.

-- Mail
Can you please explain your read on me?
Scratch that. I re-ISO'd and I think you're town now.

-- Mail
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:32 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

Apathy is killing this game right now. Like half the playerlist is inactive.

-- Mail
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:44 am

Post by Quaroath »

Touka replaces Alexcellent effective immediately.

Sickofit1138 has been prodded
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:46 am

Post by Music and Mail »

Yay! Welcome! Please help rescue this game.

-- Mail
Touka
Touka
Townie
Touka
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:50 am

Post by Touka »

I will Music and Mail :)
Touka
Touka
Townie
Touka
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:52 am

Post by Touka »

Do we know who was doused last night or is this not Town of Salem?
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:59 am

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

I am pretty sure we don't know
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:02 am

Post by Kappy »

In post 306, Touka wrote:Do we know who was doused last night or is this not Town of Salem?
Only two people know.
Touka
Touka
Townie
Touka
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:13 am

Post by Touka »

In post 45, Music and Mail wrote:Yeah, so if this game continues with this much content scum are going to autowin.

Someone unvote Shotty and let's get some discussion going, hmm?

@Everyone

if you had to pick one person as scum from the last two pages who would it be?
This is how I feel reading up to this point almost nothing has happened :/
In post 47, Kappy wrote:
In post 44, innocentvillager wrote:If anyone wants some incentive to hammer myshotty, if he flips town we'll still give you a chance to flail a bit D2 before we lynch you

If he flips scum, we'll autoconfirm you as town and if you're maf that's great incentive to bus
This makes no sense! If he flips scum, you're conftown? No, why would town know he was scum? It would be a coin flip, and no townie wants to take that chance. If he flips scum, the hammerer would be scum.
VOTE: innocentvillager until I understand this logic.
I don't like the
until I understand this logic.
part it reduces the pressure on his own vote which is incredibly bad and unsafe play.
In post 52, BTD6_maker wrote:Now that you've said that, if scum do actually bus, they are taking a huge disadvantage now but are much less likely to face a lynch in the future because everyone thinks scum would never hammer. Hammering scum may still give towncred but you should always consider a lynch on them if necessary in the future.
Explaining what someone already said. Information over scum hunting.
In post 57, BTD6_maker wrote:Nulltown: Kappy, InnocentVillager
Null: Alexcellent, Smv, KickAssAndGiggle, Shotty, Alpaca
Nullscum: Music And Mail

These are incredibly weak.

VOTE: InnocentVillager

All my reads are practically null. You are a miniscule townread but I believe pressure is the key to escaping RVS. The read is too weak to matter much.
Why are so many scum aligned players trying to apply pressure without actually applying any pressure?
In post 67, Ranger wrote:
Looking for an smv replacement per his request.
Guess who? >:D
This post apparently made a bunch of people really happy.

In post 72, Music and Mail wrote:All of feels pretty forced but I don't have a good grasp of shotty's town meta so idk if he's usually the kind of person to see scummy things in stuff that isn't really alignment indicative.

Also fuck yeah Ranger!

-- Mail
Why is no one applying any real pressure with there accusations :facepalm:
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:26 am

Post by Kappy »

In post 309, Touka wrote:I don't like the until I understand this logic. part it reduces the pressure on his own vote which is incredibly bad and unsafe play.
I use it to force them to explain, because they know my vote won't go away until they do.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:34 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 309, Touka wrote:
In post 45, Music and Mail wrote:Yeah, so if this game continues with this much content scum are going to autowin.

@Everyone

This is how I feel reading up to this point almost nothing has happened :/
In post 47, Kappy wrote:
In post 44, innocentvillager wrote:If anyone wants some incentive to hammer myshotty, if he flips town we'll still give you a chance to flail a bit D2 before we lynch you

If he flips scum, we'll autoconfirm you as town and if you're maf that's great incentive to bus
This makes no sense! If he flips scum, you're conftown? No, why would town know he was scum? It would be a coin flip, and no townie wants to take that chance. If he flips scum, the hammerer would be scum.
I don't like the
until I understand this logic.
part it reduces the pressure on his own vote which is incredibly bad and unsafe play.

I think Kappy was trying to say that he found the logic to not make sense and scumread IV for it, not trying to reduce the pressure on his vote.

In post 52, BTD6_maker wrote:Now that you've said that, if scum do actually bus, they are taking a huge disadvantage now but are much less likely to face a lynch in the future because everyone thinks scum would never hammer. Hammering scum may still give towncred but you should always consider a lynch on them if necessary in the future.
Explaining what someone already said. Information over scum hunting.

I was not just repeating an explanation of what someone already explained. I was showing how the act of mentioning that scum will not hammer defeats its own purpose, therefore stopping Town from clearing hammerers ( which would be a big mistake). I do give a lot of information and I also scumhunt. There is nothing wrong with that. It's only when a person doesn't scumhunt that it becomes a tell, and a weak one at that.

All my reads are practically null. You are a miniscule townread but I believe pressure is the key to escaping RVS. The read is too weak to matter much.
Why are so many scum aligned players trying to apply pressure without actually applying any pressure?

I am not a scum aligned player, though you probably don't know it yet. This was very early on, just barely out of RVS, where adding pressure to a wagon for its own sake would generate some content that could then be analysed, leading us fully out of RVS.

This post apparently made a bunch of people really happy.

In post 72, Music and Mail wrote:All of feels pretty forced but I don't have a good grasp of shotty's town meta so idk if he's usually the kind of person to see scummy things in stuff that isn't really alignment indicative.

Also fuck yeah Ranger!

-- Mail
Why is no one applying any real pressure with there accusations :facepalm:
Touka
Touka
Townie
Touka
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:40 am

Post by Touka »

In post 75, drmyshottyizsik wrote:

Also fuck yeah Ranger!

-- Mail
Of course it is forced! Look at how slow this game is
Self awareness is pretty townie.
In post 79, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 77, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 71, drmyshottyizsik wrote:why are you only concerned with people that are active? Are you scum just trying to look busy?
I don't know, am I scum trying to look busy? What do you want me to say, yes? I don't understand why you would ask me something like that lel.

I am not only concerned with people that are active: note that I specifically asked everyone to give me thoughts on my analysis of Kap town, including you. I would still be interested in your thoughts. I requested him again just because it seemed like that was the most immediate way I could get feedback on this, since he was so active.

Speaking of which, BTD, I'm glad that it made some sense but I am mostly curious as to whether or not Kappy gets lots of townpoints for the reasons I stated, or if not, why.

Phone posting atm since I am going on vacation, but will get a more substantive post up soon hopefully.
See man this is why you are scum, we are 5 pages in and most of it is useless and you are asking for reads rather than trying to make some of your own. This is absolutely nothing but bull shit. You laugh at the question given to you and then proceed to try and well poison. Die please
vote on IV, I mean obvscum, wait no IV was right.
Unfortunately this vote isn't at all. I don't agree with the vote at all and I don't like how he is applying pressure to the only player who is actually playing the game.
In post 80, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:He also might just be trying to get the game moving since we are only at 4 pages.

To respond to your Kap post IV I see it as a complete null. I honestly think that it is more likely for a scum to quickhammer his buddy in RVS than it is for a townie to take the risk on hitting scum. If somebody quickhammered in RVS no matter what the other person flipped I would consider them scummy and at the very least anti-town, I just generally wouldn't' want them to stay super long in a game since they are either ridiculously impulsive, scum, or just make generally bad moves. That said I don't scum read him for it since I think that post could have come from either scum or town.
I like this post it feels as though he is trying to interact and get involved, this post feels very genuine.
In post 91, Ranger wrote:Now that I'm officially in the game and I know they're not my scumbuddies,
VOTE: Music an Mail.
I <3 you, but you drew scum this game.
In post 92, Ranger wrote:{Alpaca, Alexcellent}
{BTD6}
{KickAssAndGiggle, innocentvillager}
{Kappy, shotty}
{Music and Mail}
^Approximately where I'm at right now.
I want Music and Mail lynched.
They're like 95% scum, and lynching scum is good.
If for some ungodly reason I read them wrong and they're town, then they can still scumhunt as invincible town who cannot be nightkilled and therefore cannot be silenced.

Win-win as far as I can tell.
Ergo, we're lynching Music and Mail no matter what.
Especially given the game state an explanation on any of this would have been appreciated. The reads themselves make a lot of sense and this is roughly what I think about the game except put Music and Mail higher and BTD6 lower.
I honestly don't know what I am supposed to do with these posts honestly I have incredibly mixed feelings about it :/
In post 93, BTD6_maker wrote:Despite being a scum in Open 638 your reads were suspiciously accurate (scumreading both me and Masquerade together). Perhaps there is something more to your scum hunting.

I also scumread Music and Mail but it's a weak scumread. It's certainly better than voting a townread for virtually no pressure.

VOTE: Music and Mail
In post 95, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:Nobody knows more about trees than a ranger...

These are interesting votes in response to that amazing explanation from Ranger...
In post 96, Music and Mail wrote:Autolynching Ranger tomorrow for this.
This is a very passionate post.
In post 101, drmyshottyizsik wrote:VOTE: music an mailVOTE:
Why not

Spoiler: well
Jk I know the tags are wrong
This is how I feel about the current situation.
In post 102, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 97, Music and Mail wrote:in fact yeah.

if I get lynched today firefighter is on me anyway and we're autolynching Ranger tomorrow.

this is batshit insane.
You can't force the firefighter to be on you. The firefighter will be on whoever they (not you) think has the greatest chance of being primed.

Autolynching has led Town to so many losses. If you're Town, you could be wrong about Ranger. If Ranger is also Town, she was wrong about you but that does not imply that she is scum.
Oh look more information over scum hunting :D
In post 103, Music and Mail wrote:Ranger always errs towards errantly townreading me rather than mistakenly scumreading me and I think my play has been very towny this game.
The only reason I can come up with for her doing what she's doing is that she's scared of my scumhunting and wants to douse and ignite me on night 2 while having low chance of firefighter protection.
I refuse to lose my vote if it's not understood that firefighter is on me and if I don't have everyone's words that Ranger is instadead tomorrow.
This is an interesting self observation not sure how I am supposed to feel about it.
In post 106, Ranger wrote:
Music and Mail wrote:Ranger always errs towards errantly townreading me rather than mistakenly scumreading me and I think my play has been very towny this game.
Yeah, no. Every time I've been wrong on my read of you, extenuating circumstances were the cause. Your play here, from
both
heads, is your scumgame.

Especially given:
The only reason I can come up with for her doing what she's doing is that she's scared of my scumhunting and wants to douse and ignite me on night 2 while having low chance of firefighter protection.
This runs contrary to all your knowledge of me. This is your scum faking-town-paranoia act to a T.
Explain your reads on Alpaca, Alexcellent, BTD, KAAG, and innocentvillager to me please.
innocentvillager and KickAssAndGiggle are ambivalent. I believe that's the appropriate word for "one moment looks like a dirty scumbag, the next looks as pure as can be". They waver, significantly, between the two, each post. Reading the same post twice will give two different impressions. Reading it ten times would give at least five or six different impressions. I can't pin them down, at all.

BTD6 started in that category, and frankly, is only barely above them. What bumped him up is that, frankly, I got a mild gut townread from and . That's literally it though. Everything else is that same, waving, back-and-forth, can't-pin-down I have for IV and KAAG.

Alpaca instantly became a townread for . Of all the RVS posting, that was actually the only one I could get a definitive read on. Everyone else's was null, but Alpaca's entrance stood out as strongly town. Nothing in diminished this. I did like a little as well.

As for Alexcellent, I
almost
got a read on him for , but it lacked the 'BUSSED SO HARD' tagline that would have made it definitely town. was a solid town post, as I liked the pressure on Kappy. did not diminish my read, either.

...So basically, this is a rare game where my top tier is barely above null. My top tier is weak town, followed by just-barely-above-null, to null, to just-barely-below-null, to scum.
Ok so these aren't strong town reads that's good and explains a lot. I like this post actually it shows a lot of weakness in her play this game which feels town.
In post 107, Music and Mail wrote:
In post 106, Ranger wrote:Your play here, from
both
heads, is your scumgame.
[citation needed]

-- Mail
This would be nice if it didn't happen.
In post 117, Ranger wrote:
innocent villager wrote:I am not sure what to think about the Ranger vs M&M. Honestly both of you look a little scummy, but Ranger more so than M&M. I would be surprised if neither of you were scum.
Change of plans.

VOTE: innocentvillager.
Kappy wrote:This looks like RVS.
It clearly was. And?

Ok I am less disappointing about obv town being lynched because that quote was pretty scummy honestly. It is fence sitting while declaring both sides as town. But he has just so much other stuff that is obviously town. >_>
Touka
Touka
Townie
Touka
Townie
Townie

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Touka »

I will get to replies and stuff later I just want to catch up first.
Touka
Touka
Townie
Touka
Townie
Townie

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Touka »

@Everyone

In post 46, Alexcellent wrote:

@Everyone

Probs Kappy.

UNVOTE: Shotty
VOTE: Kappy

Not based on much! But I kind of didn't like the vote/unvote/revote.
In post 17, Kappy wrote:
In post 15, innocentvillager wrote:Aww Kap you were supposed to keep your vote there and see how he reacts
Sure! VOTE: shotty - I'm too lazy to type the whore thong.
In post 16, BTD6_maker wrote: InnocentVillager, if the pressure is required then someone else will probably will vote him. That runs the risk of someone missing the L-1 and inadvertently hammering, thinking that they are putting him at L-1. If anyone does put him at L-1, please make it very obvious.
Shotty is at L-1!!!!!!!!!!

That obvious enough?
The change of vote when shotty got to L-1 suggests maybe that Kappy wasn't comfortable with being on the wagon, but the above post makes it seem like he's putting him back at L-1 with villager and BTD6's permission.
In post 47, Kappy wrote:

Also fuck yeah Ranger!

-- Mail
In post 75, drmyshottyizsik wrote:

Also fuck yeah Ranger!

-- Mail
Of course it is forced! Look at how slow this game is
In post 79, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 77, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 71, drmyshottyizsik wrote:why are you only concerned with people that are active? Are you scum just trying to look busy?
I don't know, am I scum trying to look busy? What do you want me to say, yes? I don't understand why you would ask me something like that lel.

I am not only concerned with people that are active: note that I specifically asked everyone to give me thoughts on my analysis of Kap town, including you. I would still be interested in your thoughts. I requested him again just because it seemed like that was the most immediate way I could get feedback on this, since he was so active.

Speaking of which, BTD, I'm glad that it made some sense but I am mostly curious as to whether or not Kappy gets lots of townpoints for the reasons I stated, or if not, why.

Phone posting atm since I am going on vacation, but will get a more substantive post up soon hopefully.
See man this is why you are scum, we are 5 pages in and most of it is useless and you are asking for reads rather than trying to make some of your own. This is absolutely nothing but bull shit. You laugh at the question given to you and then proceed to try and well poison. Die please
vote on IV, I mean obvscum, wait no IV was right.
In post 80, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:He also might just be trying to get the game moving since we are only at 4 pages.

To respond to your Kap post IV I see it as a complete null. I honestly think that it is more likely for a scum to quickhammer his buddy in RVS than it is for a townie to take the risk on hitting scum. If somebody quickhammered in RVS no matter what the other person flipped I would consider them scummy and at the very least anti-town, I just generally wouldn't' want them to stay super long in a game since they are either ridiculously impulsive, scum, or just make generally bad moves. That said I don't scum read him for it since I think that post could have come from either scum or town.
In post 82, drmyshottyizsik wrote:I may have pissed you off :( awe poor baby.
Seriously just read the above post and you'll see the definition of flailing scum
In post 91, Ranger wrote:Now that I'm officially in the game and I know they're not my scumbuddies,
VOTE: Music an Mail.
I <3 you, but you drew scum this game.
In post 92, Ranger wrote:{Alpaca, Alexcellent}
{BTD6}
{KickAssAndGiggle, innocentvillager}
{Kappy, shotty}
{Music and Mail}
^Approximately where I'm at right now.
I want Music and Mail lynched.
They're like 95% scum, and lynching scum is good.
If for some ungodly reason I read them wrong and they're town, then they can still scumhunt as invincible town who cannot be nightkilled and therefore cannot be silenced.

Win-win as far as I can tell.
Ergo, we're lynching Music and Mail no matter what.
In post 93, BTD6_maker wrote:Despite being a scum in Open 638 your reads were suspiciously accurate (scumreading both me and Masquerade together). Perhaps there is something more to your scum hunting.

I also scumread Music and Mail but it's a weak scumread. It's certainly better than voting a townread for virtually no pressure.

In post 95, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:Nobody knows more about trees than a ranger...

In post 96, Music and Mail wrote:Autolynching Ranger tomorrow for this.
In post 101, drmyshottyizsik wrote:VOTE: music an mailVOTE:
Why not

Spoiler: well
Jk I know the tags are wrong
In post 102, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 97, Music and Mail wrote:in fact yeah.

if I get lynched today firefighter is on me anyway and we're autolynching Ranger tomorrow.

this is batshit insane.
You can't force the firefighter to be on you. The firefighter will be on whoever they (not you) think has the greatest chance of being primed.

Autolynching has led Town to so many losses. If you're Town, you could be wrong about Ranger. If Ranger is also Town, she was wrong about you but that does not imply that she is scum.
In post 103, Music and Mail wrote:Ranger always errs towards errantly townreading me rather than mistakenly scumreading me and I think my play has been very towny this game.
I refuse to lose my vote if it's not understood that firefighter is on me and if I don't have everyone's words that Ranger is instadead tomorrow.
In post 106, Ranger wrote:
Music and Mail wrote:Ranger always errs towards errantly townreading me rather than mistakenly scumreading me and I think my play has been very towny this game.
Yeah, no. Every time I've been wrong on my read of you, extenuating circumstances were the cause. Your play here, from
both
heads, is your scumgame.

Especially given:
This runs contrary to all your knowledge of me. This is your scum faking-town-paranoia act to a T.
Explain your reads on Alpaca, Alexcellent, BTD, KAAG, and innocentvillager to me please.
innocentvillager and KickAssAndGiggle are ambivalent. I believe that's the appropriate word for "one moment looks like a dirty scumbag, the next looks as pure as can be". They waver, significantly, between the two, each post. Reading the same post twice will give two different impressions. Reading it ten times would give at least five or six different impressions. I can't pin them down, at all.

BTD6 started in that category, and frankly, is only barely above them. What bumped him up is that, frankly, I got a mild gut townread from and . That's literally it though. Everything else is that same, waving, back-and-forth, can't-pin-down I have for IV and KAAG.

Alpaca instantly became a townread for . Of all the RVS posting, that was actually the only one I could get a definitive read on. Everyone else's was null, but Alpaca's entrance stood out as strongly town. Nothing in diminished this. I did like a little as well.

As for Alexcellent, I
almost
got a read on him for , but it lacked the 'BUSSED SO HARD' tagline that would have made it definitely town. was a solid town post, as I liked the pressure on Kappy. did not diminish my read, either.

...So basically, this is a rare game where my top tier is barely above null. My top tier is weak town, followed by just-barely-above-null, to null, to just-barely-below-null, to scum.
In post 107, Music and Mail wrote:
In post 106, Ranger wrote:Your play here, from
both
heads, is your scumgame.
[citation needed]

-- Mail
In post 117, Ranger wrote:
innocent villager wrote:I am not sure what to think about the Ranger vs M&M. Honestly both of you look a little scummy, but Ranger more so than M&M. I would be surprised if neither of you were scum.
Change of plans.

VOTE: innocentvillager.
Kappy wrote:This looks like RVS.
It clearly was. And?
In post 122, Music and Mail wrote:Ranger, your case is
horribly
reachy and flimsy. Not to mention that innocentvillager looks pretty obvtown to me.
If you're town here you deserve to be lynched.

-- Mail
In post 128, Ranger wrote:
Alpaca wrote:Ranger would you care to elaborate on why you think I'm town for my RVS vote in post 28.
I could easily!
I'm choosing not to. It's a non-issue. Unless you're at risk of being lynched, it's simply not something I need to spend my time on.
Music and Mail wrote:Ranger, your case is horribly reachy and flimsy. Not to mention that innocentvillager looks pretty obvtown to me.
Oh really?
Explain your reads on innocentvillager to me please.
I've only played with town-you twice, but both times I could actually understand where your reads were coming from. This, on the other hand... I just... I have several issues with this readslist.
^This implies you held severe issue with innocentvillager, in the middle of my list.
If you're town here you deserve to be lynched.
And this is an attitude you would
never
take as town.
Ever.

ESPECIALLY not to me, of all people.
Alexcellent wrote:These are some pretty strong reads based on little content. Your top town reads (including me) really don't have a lot of content to get a read from.
Welcome to a Ranger game.

This is something that, frankly, I thought I wouldn't have to explain anymore aside from the occasional newbie-in-an-open. But to be as explicit as possible: I am
Ranger
. I come from a site which specializes in reading the RVS. It's what we do. I maintain this habit on here. So, yes. Your little content? Is plenty for me.
I don't understand your scum read on Music and Mail. Can you go a bit more into detail as to why they are scum?
Sure! Separate post though; it'll have to wait until after I've caught up.
Touka
Touka
Townie
Touka
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:47 am

Post by Touka »

Oh I was trying to clear all the random quotes I had queued up so I could continue catching up.
:oops:
Touka
Touka
Townie
Touka
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Touka »

@mod can you delete or snip my post with all those quotes it kind of takes up half the page and it was unintended >.>
Touka
Touka
Townie
Touka
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Touka »

In post 128, Ranger wrote:Welcome to a Ranger game.

This is something that, frankly, I thought I wouldn't have to explain anymore aside from the occasional newbie-in-an-open. But to be as explicit as possible: I am Ranger. I come from a site which specializes in reading the RVS. It's what we do. I maintain this habit on here. So, yes. Your little content? Is plenty for me.
I think you missed the purpose of the question, I think people just want more explanation on all your reads >.>
In post 134, Ranger wrote:^The scumread started here. The offered intent, regardless of whether serious or a joke, is not something I see a town player doing. Honestly, given the players in there, it wouldn't at all surprise me to have them lolhammer on page one as town, even. The 'why' behind it is harder to describe without an understanding of them. Basically, while it would be an anti-town action, counter-intuitively, in an RC mindset, it would actually increase their odds of being useful: if they lolhammered scum, they would be confirmed town. If they hammered town, then they would be an incredibly unlikely douse target for N1, effectively ensuring by proxy that they'd live to see D3 at least. What of the D2 risk in being mislynched?

This is a hydra of RadiantCowbells with Postie. Town-them holds absolutely no fear of being lynched whatsoever, because in their world, there isn't any possible way they could get lynched. Given all these factors? Absolutely, yes, I would expect them as town to hammer. Why would they not hammer as scum when much of this applies to their scum game too? Because as scum, their main goal isn't to lynch town, so much as it is to manipulate town into lynching town. A hammer on town would be lynching town, sure. But it would not be playing the long-game.

RadiantCowbells, as scum, is always, ALWAYS setting up for the long-game. A lolhammer is a shortsighted move, something he'd do as town but not as scum because town-RC is shortsighted (mostly) whereas scum-RC is a planner. So, instead of hammering, they contribute to the discussion and look town by giving intent, without actually killing shotty. (Note that this does rely a lot on shotty being town. If shotty were scum and RC were a scumbuddy, absolutely RC would lolhammer on page one, because he'd get town credit for it and it'd cut discussion short.)
So they are scum for not hammering here? Certainly an interesting statement.
In post 134, Ranger wrote:This is actually a signature of my scum game, but it applies to theirs just as much: an effort to try and appear town, without actually doing anything town. This is empty.

In 72, I hated the waffle on shotty, and also the way they greeted me did not feel like a town greeting. This was the content as of my "guess who?" post, though at the time I posted that, I hadn't yet received my role PM, so I didn't know if I was replacing in as scum or not. (Obviously, if I had landed into a scum slot, I wouldn't have been able to push them because they'd, you know, be my scumbuddy.)

Since then, we've got more. Aside from what I just pointed out?
This block of text I actually agree with.
In post 134, Ranger wrote:If Music and Mail were town, they would be raising absolute hell about my scumread on there. We're talking, going virtually Frozen Angel levels of ballistic.
Well, actually, small correction. If they were town and townread me, they would be ranting at me.
If they were town and scumreading me, they would be ranting at the town about me.

This was it though.
This, literally this, was basically the whole of their Ranger push.
It's fake. It's insincere.
You get 97, but it's not filled with passion. It has no energy. It's flat, dull even.
103 is also more of the same. It's just further elaborating, but at the same time, not. It's not making a big display of it. Me scumreading RC is a very big deal.
To me, RC is just another player. I don't treat him any differently than I would anyone else. But this is not mutual. RC holds me in a whole different league, so he should be angry. He should be emotional. He should be saying how sad he is that I've gone downhill like this, he should be trying to work with me, or if he seriously thinks I replaced in as scum and for some UNGODLY reason went all-out on him (which...runs contrary to literally every piece of my scum meta, ever), he would not rest until I was dead.

Yet he's complacent here.
He's docile.
And that is not a town-Radiant.

And as a last point? (All the posts I've skipped are already featured in my iso; read them.)
This entire game feels incredibly apathetic though.
In post 134, Ranger wrote:This is RC setting up the long game. He knows that if I get lynched now, I'm flipping town. I become a tree stump, and I hard push. Others may listen. That's a danger for him. So what does he need to do? He needs to earn town credit. He needs to do something that will make people think he's town. If it makes me think he's town, mission accomplished. But it works even if I still scumread him (I do), so long as others buy into what he's trying to sell here, that he's waiting.

But a town-RC? If he legitimately thought I was scum, he would never let go. He wouldn't unvote, not even for a moment. He might ask for someone else to unvote, sure, yeah, but his vote would remain, because he wouldn't be willing to unvote me.

That's why I'm 95% sure Music and Mail is scum.
This is a really interesting argument honestly.
Ranger feels pretty town here even if here reads are really weird .-.
Touka
Touka
Townie
Touka
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Touka »

In post 149, Kappy wrote:
In post 128, Ranger wrote:I could easily!
I'm choosing not to. It's a non-issue. Unless you're at risk of being lynched, it's simply not something I need to spend my time on.
Hmm...
Town reading someone for RVS with no reason why. Claiming there's a reason while trying not to explain in. "it's simply not something I need to spend my time on" It wouldn't take much effort to explain it. You already spent time thinking about it, now you just have to write in down. I definitely am leaning towards Ranger+Alpaca as our scum team.
This is such shallow analysis.
In post 152, BTD6_maker wrote:Ranger's overconfidence seems to come from a scum perspective. What I mean is that a scum already knows exactly who the scum are and thus may give stronger reads than their Town-self. These reads could be in either direction. A scum might strong scumread a Townie for a chance of an easy mislynch or may strong scumread a partner to avoid detection after the partner flips.

Ranger is my best scumread now. Still only weak-moderate but worth voting on.

VOTE: Ranger

This is now L-1

It puts enough pressure on Ranger now (some others still scumread her such as Alexcellent) so that she can't afford to give bad reasoning now or simply refuse to explain a read. Explaining anything benefits Town. We are in the dark. Scum already know who scum are.
Music and Mail are reading just as confident to me. Also you are doing that thing again where you say your pressure vote is a pressure vote and explain what you want from the player. You can't honestly think that is a good idea >.>

Bottom of Page 7:
Ranger vs. Music and Mail feels like really shitty TvT

In post 175, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 173, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 172, drmyshottyizsik wrote:sorry I got in a car accident last night, hospital post, will be out later today sorry.
Holy shit dude, sorry about that. Get better soon.

Phone posting, but for now I am confused on why Ranger has spent all of her time bickering with M&M, while I am somehow "100% scum". Townie play would be to focus on trying to get me lynched.

@Ranger why aren't you doing more to get me lynched?
I don't know you well enough for you to care that much... why are you buddying me? I'm pushing for your lynch.
This feels like a town post .-.

Top of page 9 catching up is hard and this game is boring I may stop doing this.
Yeah that was all boring honestly.
Touka
Touka
Townie
Touka
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:08 am

Post by Touka »

{BTD6, Kappy, Sickofit}

Let's lynch in here.
Touka
Touka
Townie
Touka
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Touka »

In post 149, Kappy wrote:
In post 128, Ranger wrote:I could easily!
Hmm...
Town reading someone for RVS with no reason why. Claiming there's a reason while trying not to explain in. "it's simply not something I need to spend my time on" It wouldn't take much effort to explain it. You already spent time thinking about it, now you just have to write in down. I definitely am leaning towards Ranger+Alpaca as our scum team.
In post 152, BTD6_maker wrote:Ranger's overconfidence seems to come from a scum perspective. What I mean is that a scum already knows exactly who the scum are and thus may give stronger reads than their Town-self. These reads could be in either direction. A scum might strong scumread a Townie for a chance of an easy mislynch or may strong scumread a partner to avoid detection after the partner flips.

Ranger is my best scumread now. Still only weak-moderate but worth voting on.

VOTE: Ranger

This is now L-1

It puts enough pressure on Ranger now (some others still scumread her such as Alexcellent) so that she can't afford to give bad reasoning now or simply refuse to explain a read. Explaining anything benefits Town. We are in the dark. Scum already know who scum are.
In post 175, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 173, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 172, drmyshottyizsik wrote:sorry I got in a car accident last night, hospital post, will be out later today sorry.
Holy shit dude, sorry about that. Get better soon.

Phone posting, but for now I am confused on why Ranger has spent all of her time bickering with M&M, while I am somehow "100% scum". Townie play would be to focus on trying to get me lynched.

@Ranger why aren't you doing more to get me lynched?
I don't know you well enough for you to care that much... why are you buddying me? I'm pushing for your lynch.
@Everyone if you where a dayvig and you where forced to shoot in {BTD6, Kappy, Sickofit} who would you shoot and why would you shoot them?
Touka
Touka
Townie
Touka
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Touka »

@Everyone if you where a dayvig and you where forced to shoot in {BTD6, Kappy, Sickofit} who would you shoot and why would you shoot them?

I am so sorry for all the random things I quoted >_<
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Sickofit1138 »

Hey Prodge sorry more coming tonight i got of work early and have time.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

fuck this jumping ship
#freeShotty
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Kappy »

In post 321, Touka wrote:@Everyone if you where a dayvig and you where forced to shoot in {BTD6, Kappy, Sickofit} who would you shoot and why would you shoot them?

I am so sorry for all the random things I quoted >_<
BTD. Easy. I am town, and I can't get a read on Sick cuz he only posting twice. That leaves BTD open.

Return to “Completed Open Games”