Newbie 1718 [Game Over!] Mafia

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:04 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Towny: {House, Foe}
Leantown: {DoctorPepper}
More scum than town: {Harlii}
Scummy: {Makesnosense}
Very scum: {Giga}

I will do more later. Less Pepper votes please.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Harlii
Harlii
Townie
Harlii
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:06 am

Post by Harlii »

I mean I'll unvote for now if only so you can explain why you think Pepper is town, because I'm still pretty unconvinced, I'm basing the "safe townread" on giga's earlier post, but if you say so. Do you plan on being here for a while today, or is 'til you're back' a while away and going to result in a lot of waiting for the explanation?

UNVOTE: DoctorPepper
foedufafa
foedufafa
Townie
foedufafa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:19 am

Post by foedufafa »

In post 119, keyenpeydee wrote:And Foe, Why would you switch your vote when somebody joined your vote for RC? I guess you are a scum. you're not even sure who to vote. As for me, You're clearly looking for someone that makes him look like a scum and make up stories then vote him. You're Obviously an Obvious Scum. Very suspicious.

I'm not trying to defend DoctorPepper because I said this. I just agreed of what he said.

Before I vote you, What is your reason why you change your vote for RC?

UNVOTE: House
I've answered this before and I refuse to do it again. Look through my old posts in this game and you'll get the answer. I'm not going to continue defending myself over something that's been covered.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:26 am

Post by House »

DoctorPepper, you need to claim.

Intent to hammer
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Harlii
Harlii
Townie
Harlii
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:26 am

Post by Harlii »

Was it not because there was no point in putting pressure on someone who majorly wouldn't be able to respond? (due to v/la)
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:27 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

In post 127, foedufafa wrote:
In post 119, keyenpeydee wrote:And Foe, Why would you switch your vote when somebody joined your vote for RC? I guess you are a scum. you're not even sure who to vote. As for me, You're clearly looking for someone that makes him look like a scum and make up stories then vote him. You're Obviously an Obvious Scum. Very suspicious.

I'm not trying to defend DoctorPepper because I said this. I just agreed of what he said.

Before I vote you, What is your reason why you change your vote for RC?

UNVOTE: House
I've answered this before and I refuse to do it again. Look through my old posts in this game and you'll get the answer. I'm not going to continue defending myself over something that's been covered.
I just want a "clarification and more explanation" and I think that post has nothing to do with the present since you voted DcotorPepper, I believe.
And you "refused" a clarification and that makes it suspicious. Sorry but I think you're a 100% scum, Mr. Foe.

VOTE: foedufafa
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:27 am

Post by House »

foe, you make me has a sad.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:31 am

Post by House »

In post 131, House wrote:
foe
Harlii, you make me has a sad.
EBWOP

Harlii
Harlii
Townie
Harlii
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Harlii »

I get the distinct feeling that RC isn't going to be back to explain for a while, and I don't think I'm willing to wait that long. I'm willing to take the (not that risky, in my opinion) risk here for reasons I explained earlier. To, again, put DP in L-1:

VOTE: DoctorPepper

(House: I was willing to unvote earlier in the interests of getting more analysis from more sources, which always seems beneficial. Apologies for screwing around with my vote and such, but it's my first game and I'm still trying to figure out what I think is good play in various situations)
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:37 am

Post by House »

In post 128, House wrote:DoctorPepper, you need to claim.

Intent to hammer

foedufafa
foedufafa
Townie
foedufafa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:37 am

Post by foedufafa »

In post 130, keyenpeydee wrote:I just want a "clarification and more explanation" and I think that post has nothing to do with the present since you voted DcotorPepper, I believe.
And you "refused" a clarification and that makes it suspicious. Sorry but I think you're a 100% scum, Mr. Foe.

VOTE: foedufafa
What I refused to answer is an accusation that I've already dealt with. I understand you came into this game late, but I'm not answering your question because I've already answered it. You're the one who isn't bothering to look back at my old posts on the matter.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:41 am

Post by House »

In other news...
In post 125, RadiantCowbells wrote: Very scum: {Giga}
I can't wait to hear more about this, lol...

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:41 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

I was not prepared for hammering this quickly. What happens if DP flips town? Scum? I have no clue what really happens in either scenario. I'd really like to hear House's thoughts on this specifically since he's the one giving his intent to hammer.

I'd unvote to reflect on the fact that I want more time to think about this, but I don't see RC, Racer, or KNDP quickhammering, nor do I see DP self-voting. My vote stays, I guess.

We have like 10 days before the deadline, too. Is it bad to ask we use a little bit more time to think about this? We also have two (three? DP is too, right?) players in V/LA whose input could point us in another direction.

Also I'm not really going to defend against the people scumreading me because I can see why some of my plays could be viewed as scummy in retrospect. Would like to know the specifics though for future reference.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:27 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 122, Harlii wrote:All the interesting things happen while I'm asleep. I'm kind of really buying into this DoctorPepper wagon, especially since makesnosense showed up. The whole "scum!rc wouldn't put their partner at hard neutral" or whatever it was thing rubs me as a WIFOM, if that's the right use of the term. I'm not super down to put anyone at L-1, but if it's going to be on anyone, it's going to be on DP. I just can't justify a reason why as town he'd go that hard on foe for things that are at best half-true.

Honestly, it feels like one of {foe, doctorpepper} is probably scum, based on how hard they're going at each other. Of those two, I'd put it as doctorpepper.

So:
UNVOTE: makesnosense

In other news, I'm slightly sad that I'm apparently the safest townread because I feel like that makes me a good target to be nightkilled, which I would prefer not to happen.
Now this is a horrible reason to scum read someone
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:32 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 133, Harlii wrote:I get the distinct feeling that RC isn't going to be back to explain for a while, and I don't think I'm willing to wait that long. I'm willing to take the (not that risky, in my opinion) risk here for reasons I explained earlier. To, again, put DP in L-1:

(House: I was willing to unvote earlier in the interests of getting more analysis from more sources, which always seems beneficial. Apologies for screwing around with my vote and such, but it's my first game and I'm still trying to figure out what I think is good play in various situations)
You're flip floppy and your vote after House expressed displeasure makes me sense you feel the need to be liked and make people like you. Kinda scummy of you to vote right after the IC tells you to.

Also lol for the IC committing the very non IC play of intending to hammer right away, early on the day to deny town information. Jeez.
I will not claim. This is just straight up bad play. If you mislynch me this early without anything to go off but 'Defending the V/LA player' and 'basing reads off supposedly shaky stances' then so be it. I see my wagon is heavily scum motivated, and if you don;t see it well sucks for this town
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:38 am

In post 139, DoctorPepper wrote:
In post 133, Harlii wrote:I get the distinct feeling that RC isn't going to be back to explain for a while, and I don't think I'm willing to wait that long. I'm willing to take the (not that risky, in my opinion) risk here for reasons I explained earlier. To, again, put DP in L-1:

You're flip floppy and your vote after House expressed displeasure makes me sense you feel the need to be liked and make people like you. Kinda scummy of you to vote right after the IC tells you to.

Also lol for the IC committing the very non IC play of intending to hammer right away, early on the day to deny town information. Jeez.
I will not claim. This is just straight up bad play. If you mislynch me this early without anything to go off but 'Defending the V/LA player' and 'basing reads off supposedly shaky stances' then so be it. I see my wagon is heavily scum motivated, and if you don;t see it well sucks for this town

House needs to convince me to bring him back to L-1. I really think I need to reanalyze my reads, I knew there was something wrong about House wanting to hammer so quickly.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:39 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Not claiming, but in case I get quick hammered my watch list is House, foe and Harli. Gl town.

Good for you for coming back to your senses
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:41 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

I guess this is kinda my fault for providing cursory glances and just making posts when I read them on my phone without double checking if what i said was correct, I'll get on this when I have more time.

For now, I think I'll have to convince you to go foe
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:46 am

In post 141, DoctorPepper wrote:Not claiming, but in case I get quick hammered my watch list is House, foe and Harli. Gl town.

Good for you for coming back to your senses
Honestly I still don't think Harlii is that suspicious, he just comes across as very new to mafia as a whole. Wishy-washy voting is normally pretty suspicious, yes, but when everyone's a newbie I think it's a bit more normal to be unsure of yourself. If anything, being
too
confident in your reads seems more scummy for a new player. With some experience on Harlii's side it'd be a lot different.

If this wagon has made me want to think more about my reads, I think House is the person I'd move down. I see a MNS/House scumteam as a possibility, but nothing more than that.
DoctorPepper wrote:I guess this is kinda my fault for providing cursory glances and just making posts when I read them on my phone without double checking if what i said was correct, I'll get on this when I have more time.

For now, I think I'll have to convince you to go foe
Maybe, but I'll have to give it more thought. This is just pretty difficult because I'm pretty much going the opposite of my initial gut feelings.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:49 am

Also I should add that claiming Day 1 pretty much hurts town no matter what. Claiming VT narrows down the pool of power roles for mafia to hunt down, while claiming a power role just makes you a certain target, especially if you're helpless (Doctor, Cop w/o doctor, etc). Any BP Townie claim should be seen as scummy anyway.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:59 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

This is where I disagree with you. Normally scum, especially new scum, are less reckless when they post, they want to keep their posts well read and have little room to attack. Overly cautious play is scummy in situations like this
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:04 am

Post by House »

In post 140, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 139, DoctorPepper wrote:

House needs to convince me to bring him back to L-1. I really think I need to reanalyze my reads, I knew there was something wrong about House wanting to hammer so quickly.
Not actually interested in a DP lynch. I was more interested in his reaction to his wagon and whether he'd be derphammered.

You screwed up the second part of that by unvoting and being flippant; nobody really had a chance to jump at the opportunity.

There was a reason I had myself set up as the hammer vote and claimed it early. You need to learn to let things be and watch how they play out, THEN judge the results.

And no, my read on DP hadn't changed. I just wouldn't have shed a tear if he had been derphammered because the wagon is on scum.

DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:10 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

^ The logic of "I never really intended to hammer but I think he's scum" is alarming
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:16 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

See there are good reaction tests and there are bad ones. Getting to a point where a hammer is necessary and getting a role claim 4 days into the 14 day Day phase of the game probably isn't a good reaction test. The way to avoid a derp hammer would be "someone unvote until we get enough info"
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:22 am

Post by House »