Newbie 1715 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 674, eagerSnake wrote:Why would dwlee9 want to dismiss information that helps town and could lead to the discovery of a mafia member?

A NK analysis is just as useful to town as lynch analysis.

Why would any townsperson want to dismiss ANY information, especially a NK?

With the limited info that townspeople have, Town-aligned people would not want to dismiss any information.

VOTE: Dwlee9
IDK at this point if Dwlee is Scum or not, but these are bad reasons.

Like I said a long time ago, Dwlee has a good tone, but they have been very poor in substantiating their reads with evidence. That's why I don't think the vote here is terrible.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 674, eagerSnake wrote:Why would dwlee9 want to dismiss information that helps town and could lead to the discovery of a mafia member?

With the limited info that townspeople have, Town-aligned people would not want to dismiss any information.

Night kill analysis is very difficult (especially with only one flip). It is impossible to infer the intentions of scum when they kill someone. They could be killing someone because the person scum read them. They could be killing someone because the person town read them. Hell they could be killing someone because they thought they were softing a power role. Therefore night kill analysis is simply WIFOM most of the time and really not worth getting into as it leads people astray.
I prefer they, thanks :)
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 676, Dwlee99 wrote:

Night kill analysis is very difficult (especially with only one flip). It is impossible to infer the intentions of scum when they kill someone. They could be killing someone because the person scum read them. They could be killing someone because the person town read them. Hell they could be killing someone because they thought they were softing a power role. Therefore night kill analysis is simply WIFOM most of the time and really not worth getting into as it leads people astray.
That doesn't mean we should throw away the evidence. Only scum would want to do that.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 677, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 676, Dwlee99 wrote:

That doesn't mean we should throw away the evidence. Only scum would want to do that.
Or town who doesn't want us to waste our time looking over evidence that means absolutely nothing? If I suggested that we look at how many characters each player posted in each one of their posts and the person with the most posts that was evenly divisible by 3 should be lynched, would you say to people who disagreed with that "You're throwing away evidence"? While it is an extreme example it is very similar in the way that you can't really gain any useful information this early in the game from NKA or how many characters each player posted in their posts.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Btw my name is Dwlee99 if you didn't realize. lol
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:32 pm

Dwlee is a little too cavalier for my liking. I think NKA CAN be done, but prolly no one in this game can do it properly, I know I sure as hell can't.

Dwlee hasn't seen any pressure really this whole game, which is why I think they are acting cavalier. He is just kinda going with the flow a little too much for my taste.

VOTE: Dwlee

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I was actually trying to restrain the urge to just respond with "lol" and actually post ic-like information about nka and its shortcomings.
On your point against me for acting cavalier (hey I learned a new word!), you would probably say I was scum if I had a reaction as well, so I don't see that as a valid argument. To rephrase, if I was defensive you would say I was scum for it, but at the same time you are pushing me for doing the opposite. Not logical.
atm487
atm487
Goon
atm487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by atm487 »

I can't really tell if Dwlee is really going with the flow that much, because is he really. I haven't seen it personally but still, you guys might be right
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:47 pm

In post 681, Dwlee99 wrote:I was actually trying to restrain the urge to just respond with "lol" and actually post ic-like information about nka and its shortcomings.
On your point against me for acting cavalier (hey I learned a new word!), you would probably say I was scum if I had a reaction as well, so I don't see that as a valid argument. To rephrase, if I was defensive you would say I was scum for it, but at the same time you are pushing me for doing the opposite. Not logical.
I don't think defensiveness is always a Scum thing to do. You are assuming what my stance is on defensiveness which you are wrong about. You played a hand in tojams lynch and especially how early the lynch came. We had little reason to end day that early looking back on it in hindsight, which I tried to get across at the time. People didn't listen to me (not a rare occurrence actually), but I was actually right that ending day that early was the wrong play. Pretty much all Scum hunting stopped once it was decided that we were going to end day a week short.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

How people react to pressure isn't alignment indicative when you see it from just the perspective of defensive / cavalier.
Okay I wanted to lynch my top scum read who was being scummy deadweight after I saw a distinct difference in his play between college mafia and this game? A lot of people played a part in tojam's lynch, it's about who's push was fake and who's push was them actually scum reading tojam that matters. I have already explained why waiting to lynch there did not make any sense, we decided upon a person we were near certain was scum, who claimed vt, and was being useless. Waiting to hammer just stalls the game. No the scum hunting did not stop, you're wrong.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:49 pm

In post 684, Dwlee99 wrote:How people react to pressure isn't alignment indicative when you see it from just the perspective of defensive / cavalier.
Okay I wanted to lynch my top scum read who was being scummy deadweight after I saw a distinct difference in his play between college mafia and this game? A lot of people played a part in tojam's lynch, it's about who's push was fake and who's push was them actually scum reading tojam that matters. I have already explained why waiting to lynch there did not make any sense, we decided upon a person we were near certain was scum, who claimed vt, and was being useless. Waiting to hammer just stalls the game. No the scum hunting did not stop, you're wrong.
I can go back a quote it if you want, but you were the strongest person for ending day that early. If Scum hunting was still happening, then there is no reason to end day early. Consider that tojam flipped Town, that says that there was almost certainly Scum on his lynch. I have a high suspicion of you because you have not backed up your reads with much evidence and, lets face it, you kinda piggybacked on the tojam lynch after Cakez made the initial pressure on them.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

By piggybacking you mean
exactly
what you are doing right now? Although yours falls more on the side of bandwagoning but meh.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:07 pm

In post 686, Dwlee99 wrote:By piggybacking you mean
exactly
what you are doing right now? Although yours falls more on the side of bandwagoning but meh.
I am pretty sure I am NOT doing that because I am giving legitimate reasons for my Scum read on you. As far as I can tell I am really the only one putting pressure on you and I think you are feeling a bit hot under the collar right now.

Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by Dragon of the West »

In post 633, Zaicon wrote:
In post 554, Creature wrote:Here are some chemical equations to pass the time:
a) _ Al2O3 + _ HCl → _ AlCl3 + _ H2O
b) _ SO2 + _ NaOH → _ Na2SO3 + _ H2O
c) _ BaO4 + _ HNO3 → _ Ba(NO3)2 + _ H2O2 + _ O2
Is it bad that I was tempted to complete these...?
Is it bad I did complete these?
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by Dragon of the West »

So after catching up on the posts from today I really don't see how those things are leading you guys to Dwlee so hard. I don't think he's saying throw out the information but he's right in saying that most of it is wifom at this point. This NK can be used as the game progresses, but I don't think it can be the sole thing leading to a lynch this day. I think eagerSnake and LQ both know this. Therefore, VOTE: eagerSnake
This was for eagerSnake and not LQ because I don't want to start a wagon this early in the day and there's already a vote on LQ I believe

This is by no means final. I'm still extremely suspicious of creature
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:50 pm

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 2.1

Dwlee99 (2):
eagerSnake, LicketyQuickety
eagerSnake (1):
Dragon of the West

No Vote (4):
atm487, crazycrabman, Creature, Dwlee99

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Deadline is Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 4:00 PM CST, which is in (expired on 2016-07-02 16:00:00).
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:09 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

VOTE: LicketyQuickety
I think that lickety is far more likely to actually know that NKA is a bunch of wifom. (Eagersnake is new)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:11 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

UNVOTE:
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:15 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 687, LicketyQuickety wrote:
exactly
I am pretty sure I am NOT doing that because I am giving legitimate reasons for my Scum read on you. As far as I can tell I am really the only one putting pressure on you and I think you are feeling a bit hot under the collar right now.
For some reason I thought you were agreeing with eagersnake about the NKA stuff but I saw , nevermind.
About feeling "hot under the collar" isnt me being cavalier one of the reasons you scum read me? How can it be both?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:25 am

Post by Creature »

Scum did a good job narrowing down my scumpects, I was getting paranoid of SirCakez.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:25 am

Post by Creature »

I think everyone's engaged enough now (except atm487), so there's no excuse to null read someone.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:27 am

Post by Creature »

Btw, I don't think we should analyze the NK, I think scum was PR hunting or at worst (or best) trying to throw WIFOM.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:28 am

Post by Creature »

I still feel CCM, Dwlee99 and eagerSnake are pretty much town, so that leaves LQ, DotW and atm487.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:28 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: atm487
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:29 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 693, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 687, LicketyQuickety wrote:
exactly
For some reason I thought you were agreeing with eagersnake about the NKA stuff but I saw , nevermind.
About feeling "hot under the collar" isnt me being cavalier one of the reasons you scum read me? How can it be both?
In post 696, Creature wrote:Btw, I don't think we should analyze the NK, I think scum was PR hunting or at worst (or best) trying to throw WIFOM.
Why would Creature think scum would think SirCakez was a PR?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”