Mini 1802: Paint Mafia Sequel - Game Over!

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:46 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 448, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 445, Dwlee99 wrote: you scum.
why tho

just b/c what pie says sounds legit or..?

pedit: spiffeh >:[
I thought you were scummy but pie put it into words.
I prefer they, thanks :)
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:20 am

Post by UpTooLate »

Semi V/LA this weekend. Will try to catch up ASAP.
Get to know me!
Take care of those you call your own, and keep good company.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

VoteCount 1.08Image
"Cast of Paint Mafia 1 giving a send-off to the new players"

=====================
lalaladucks [2]
- Dwlee99, pieguyn
Ranger [2]
- TehBrawlGuy, Katsuki
Spiffeh [1]
- Nahdia
TehBrawlGuy [1]
- Ranger

Not Voting [7]:

Aristophanes, Bellaphant, itlepip, lalaladucks, Nina Williams, Spiffeh, UpTooLate

=====================
With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
You have (expired on 2016-06-25 17:00:00) to do so.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:14 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Ok, catching up
In post 415, itlepip wrote:
In post 388, Bellaphant wrote:That you are scum, so didn't need to sort all of the town, pip. I dunno why you are going for 'meta game' when the answer seems obvious.

Tehbrawl, why?
Why would I not make up a fake read then? No that doesn't make sense either but I'm not sure what to say to this. Is town really obligated to have a read on everyone or explain why they don't? Just nothing they've done pushed me either way, now I think they are town because we know they are town. But nothing they have done seems alignment indicative at all.
<snip>
Ranger if you are gambiting say it now because you are not living d2 if you say it then

I don't know why you didn't make up a fake read: you tell me. my thought is that as town you'd go through all the players and try to sort them, not make a list and randomly leave two out: me I can understand because I was low content, but they'd had drama and attention and a distinct style and your response now is you were just 'meh' about it? Also, the ranger comment looks baity to me.

@pip, there has been discussion over lala's half arsed reads already: is there anything else that makes you think she's town? don't quote something of hers, I want your thoughts.
In post 420, lalaladucks wrote:
lalaladucks wrote: i also want nina and katsuki(tsq) to come back and actually do something before i attempt to sort them.
oh right nina flipped blue.... yeah....... i'm good at paying attention......... but she's been awol for like 5 days now?
I don't like how much lala seems to be disinterested/confused/whatever. It looks hella fake.
In post 424, Nina Williams wrote:Now that I've flipped blue, can we lynch thestatusquo yet?
In post 425, Nina Williams wrote:I should probably read some stuff later. I see there have been replacements.
Nina also not reading :P Do you have any new thoughts?

I like even though I don't totally agree with it.

In post 436, Katsuki wrote:Anyways where I'm at right now, I don't want to see TBG, UTL, lalala, nahdia or spiffeh lynched today. spiffeh didn't address my issue with him earlier tho so maybe I can be sold on him for being a butt.

Like TBG, and I have my own thoughts surrounding ranger's claim. Don't really care for her posting last page.

VOTE: RANGER
That is...a super weird town pile. Can you expand on this? Like, the inly person I'm strongly townreading in that group is nadha

@dwlee, can you show me another game where you've inherited reads?
In post 449, Spiffeh wrote:I could see Katsuki being scum tbh
Cool, why?
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:15 am

Post by itlepip »

claiming that you are confirmable is towny if you do confirm yourself.
Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

"Show him the fucking bread"
-Ether June 12, 2016, at 11:14 pm EST
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 453, Bellaphant wrote:445 @dwlee, can you show me another game where you've inherited reads?
In post 445, Dwlee99 wrote:tsq/katsuki are
a scum lean
because my predecessor was heavily scum reading tsq (although
I personally am null on the slot
)
but to answer your question I don't really replace in often so
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Ranger »

MOD: V/LA for today, maybe tomorrow.

Don't have the time to post today, probably will have the time tomorrow but may not, circumstances depending.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Bella can be town.

@itle,
can you respond to these?
In post 426, pieguyn wrote:what specifically don't you like about it? is there a part of his reasoning or the way he's pushing it that comes off as disingenuous?
In post 429, pieguyn wrote:you mean to say it agrees with your reads or? what exactly about it makes it "godreads"?
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by itlepip »

In post 457, pieguyn wrote:Bella can be town.

@itle,
can you respond to these?
In post 426, pieguyn wrote:what specifically don't you like about it? is there a part of his reasoning or the way he's pushing it that comes off as disingenuous?
In post 429, pieguyn wrote:you mean to say it agrees with your reads or? what exactly about it makes it "godreads"?
1. It mechanically doesn't make any sense. Ranger hasn't done anything towny but they said they are confirmed tomorrow so idgaf. Building this whole push feels like scum that knows Ranger is town and is trying to capitalize before they are confirmed.

2. Yes I agree with the reads, or at least I can easily follow the thought processes that led to those reads.
Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:18 pm

Post by Nahdia »

pip's defense actually feels p genuine to me. i dig it. not sure what about it is, i just like it.

also hey there's something i wanna bring up but i dont wanna do it now so if i dont remember next game day, someone pls quote this an be like "yo nahdia what was going through your beautiful brain back in this post?"

i dont want lala today. i want spiffeh.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:31 pm

Post by itlepip »

You thought Pie was pushing me there as opposed to clarification?

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by Nahdia »

psh, semantics. i consider "explaining yourself" to be a form of a defense even if you weren't in the hot seat.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:54 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 218, lalaladucks wrote:aristo, fluffy fluffy filler is what i'm seeing from you... very fluffy.... well pretty fluffy...... quite fluffy?........... somewhat fluffy??................. p.s. i forgot you when thinking back about the players and had to go look at vc to see who i was missing and it was you heh, not b/c you're not noteworthy just you haven't done like anything noteworthy which is suspicious cos you've been around = = = scum
why haven't you followed up on this read? were you really that satisfied with "you and Nahdia are town because your posting is natural" where it was worth dropping it entirely?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 458, itlepip wrote:2. Yes I agree with the reads, or at least I can easily follow the thought processes that led to those reads.
i think you're on the wrong track with this. it really isn't that difficult to be "open" about thought processes as scum. in fact, that's usually a large part of how i try to get town read when i'm scum: post really well-thought out reads and cases that people can look at and think "oh, i see where she's coming from on this!".

i think it's much better to consider the actual content of the read itself, i.e. the reasoning she's using and the arguments she's trying to make. lala is being open with reads, but i think the actual content of her reads is severely lacking. her reads on TSQ and Nina are really shallow (Nina for "only having gut reads" and TSQ because "his posting doesn't look town")... in terms of TSQ, she apparently pointed out one of his posts as an "ad hominem", but ignored literally all of the Nina/TSQ drama that happened. i don't really know how she managed to single out one, mostly irrelevant post while ignoring all of the relevant posts, unless she was scum just attempting to cherry pick posts to comment on from the sidelines.

i actually had some second thoughts about this when i went back to look at it again because i could see myself maybe agreeing with her read on Aris, but then i realized there was absolutely no follow-up on it... i could accept that if she just hadn't got around to doing it yet, but if her recent posts are any indication, she specifically singled out UTL for being inactive while apparently forgetting about Aris entirely. so /shrug

do you make anything of the point that lala blatantly voted Nina without even following up on her "i was planning on sorting through Nina/TSQ later" first?
In post 458, itlepip wrote:1. It mechanically doesn't make any sense. Ranger hasn't done anything towny but they said they are confirmed tomorrow so idgaf. Building this whole push feels like scum that knows Ranger is town and is trying to capitalize before they are confirmed.
tbh TBG's Ranger push made me have second thoughts about him for this exact reason, but ultimately i think he's just misguided. is there a specific post/line of reasoning that comes off as disingenuous, or is it just an issue of it being unlikely town would push it so hard?
In post 459, Nahdia wrote:pip's defense actually feels p genuine to me. i dig it. not sure what about it is, i just like it.
i agree.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Post by Katsuki »

292o2 fuck you all youre all bitches you can all die in hell

anyone who thinkcs i am scum can die in hell
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:19 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 462, pieguyn wrote:
In post 218, lalaladucks wrote:aristo, fluffy fluffy filler is what i'm seeing from you... very fluffy.... well pretty fluffy...... quite fluffy?........... somewhat fluffy??................. p.s. i forgot you when thinking back about the players and had to go look at vc to see who i was missing and it was you heh, not b/c you're not noteworthy just you haven't done like anything noteworthy which is suspicious cos you've been around = = = scum
why haven't you followed up on this read? were you really that satisfied with "you and Nahdia are town because your posting is natural" where it was worth dropping it entirely?
no? i still think aristo's scummy i just haven't commented on him b/c he's still fluffposting, nothing much has changed about aristo since that read for me

i mean i guess i could think about if he was on the nina wagon and then..... what that means............ but but but but but but but but but i kinda can't be bothered to right now? and should be watching the lectures for this course since i didn't go to any this semester and the exam's in 24.5 hours but like lol (it's the LAST EXAM THO)

tbh it's starting to annoy me now that you keep saying i'm scum and yeah that's THE GAME that's
mafia
whatever it's an annoying game but like it's also making me wanna start ignoring your posts about me but i'm not gonna do it hopefully and anyway idk yeah really i'm just answering this post cos i wanna respond to katsuki but if i do that w/o responding to you you'll be like SCUMLALALADUCKS look ignoring shit so here i responded
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 464, Katsuki wrote:292o2 fuck you all youre all bitches you can all die in hell

anyone who thinkcs i am scum can die in hell
aw ): i kinda think you're scum though? are you saying you want me to die in hell? (prob where i'm going tbh but hey technicalities)
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:26 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

considering whether pie is scum actually
hm
hmm
just thinking out loud here but
like she's trying really hard to get rid of me??????????????? is it b/c she ACTUALLY thinks i'm this much of a scumfuck orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........
ducksgoat
is a thing i used to enjoy saying
b/c ducks + scapegoat = ducksgoat
lolhaha how clever
in the one previous game (open pyp x/y maybe 593?) i played w/ her i was pretty much like this and she was able to correctly discern my alignment ? i think. i'll go back and check sometime
no promises for exactly when but sometime
frustrated tho
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:31 pm

Post by pieguyn »

i don't really get you acting like this when you have all of two votes and there seems to be a lot of resistance to lynching you but if you can explain how everything about the TSQ/Nina scum reads somehow slipped your mind when you were trying to read them, yet you seemed to have no problem specifically making an argument against one TSQ post which was mostly irrelevant - or why you just came in here and voted Nina despite expressing that you wanted to sort through their interactions first (hint: i doubt you can) - or even give a more in-depth explanation of why you are/were conveniently scum reading TSQ's slot/Nina individually, then i might be more inclined to back off of you, yes. i am continuing to push you as scum because you have not answered any of these points.

what are you expecting, me to just go "lol nope, lala is town now for ... magic reasons"? because that would be stupid, and obviously so. if i'm wrong then convince me i'm wrong - just because i write a lot of words doesn't mean i won't reconsider my reads if someone provides a compelling reason for it

and no, i don't remember you doing any of these things in O593 at all, and i don't exactly know why you're trying to pull up a game from one year ago as if everyone is somehow able to remember in-detail how everyone acts in every game they play.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:44 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Lala's protesting too much looks so scummy, though.

Ugh, lala, have you got thoughts on the rest of the game? Like, you say you wanna ignore pie but you keep circling back to it.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:45 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I don;t know how I feel about pip. I'd like them to respond to pie about the reads thing.

But, apparently I do need to revote Spiff

VOTE: spiffeh
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:11 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 469, Bellaphant wrote:Lala's protesting too much looks so scummy, though.
yeah, this.

i actually really hate the last sentence of - it doesn't make sense in the context of the rest of the paragraph (which seems to be a reach-out directed to me along the lines of "can you at least try to give me a bit of room here"). "X would call me scum for this" is a fairly textbook thing to say as scum when you want to attempt to make people think that the way X is pushing on you is unreasonable, though. it reads more like her attempting to save face as opposed to her legitimately trying to tell me she was annoyed at me
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:40 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I like being carried
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:48 am

Post by itlepip »

VOTE: Dwlee getting tired of this.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:13 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Oh shush itle. Im tired of having no clue about who is scum except for lala too.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”