Newbie 1718 [Game Over!] Mafia

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:36 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

If you thought he voted for me (-2), then -1 is slightly less. The only error I see still is that he voted for me.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:38 am

Post by House »

In post 153, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:I think I still townread House but there's a lot more doubt in there. I need a moment to decide whether or not I should validate that doubt or not.
You had this doubt when I simply stated intent to hammer, yet zero doubts when I posted a factually inaccurate case along with a vote?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:39 am

In post 201, House wrote:
In post 153, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:I think I still townread House but there's a lot more doubt in there. I need a moment to decide whether or not I should validate that doubt or not.
You had this doubt when I simply stated intent to hammer, yet zero doubts when I posted a factually inaccurate case along with a vote?
With my Harlii townread going down the drain, yes. Foe is my only solid townread and I tend to agree with your reads and claims.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:39 am

Post by House »

In post 200, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:If you thought he voted for me (-2), then -1 is slightly less. The only error I see still is that he voted for me.
Facts are objective.

He voted for RC in the very post I quoted, and -3 is considerably less than -1.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:40 am

wtf why did i say "claims", disregard that

And OK, that's three things wrong. I still like pressure on Racer64 so I'm keeping my vote there.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:40 am

Post by House »

In post 202, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 201, House wrote:
With my Harlii townread going down the drain, yes. Foe is my only solid townread and I tend to agree with your reads and claims.
How can you agree with my reads when your Harlii townread is going down the drain?

More inconsistency.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:43 am

In post 166, House wrote:I was really liking Harlii's posting until the self-proclaimed major townread and nk paranoia. That was bad play if town, and manipulative if scum. Still mulling that one over.
Harlii's still a townread then?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:46 am

Post by House »

In post 206, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 166, House wrote:I was really liking Harlii's posting until the self-proclaimed major townread and nk paranoia. That was bad play if town, and manipulative if scum. Still mulling that one over.
Harlii is not a person of interest for today.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:48 am

In post 207, House wrote:

OK, but if you're going to suggest that our reads aren't similar, then I don't see how that quote from you implies Harlii's anything but a nullread.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:52 am

Post by House »

In post 208, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:

OK, but if you're going to suggest that our reads aren't similar, then I don't see how that quote from you implies Harlii's anything but a nullread.
Harlii is not the subject of discussion. You adding a vote after a contrived case on Racer64 is the subject of discussion.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:55 am

In post 209, House wrote:

Harlii is not the subject of discussion. You adding a vote after a contrived case on Racer64 is the subject of discussion.
Discussing the read on Harlii is relevant to me though, you said I was inconsistent for saying I both generally have agreed with you (why I put a vote on Racer64 without much thought) and distrusting Harlii.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:57 am

In post 186, House wrote:
In post 185, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
House, Racer isn't voting for me, or anyone for that matter.
I still think he's pretty suspicious but I want him to defend himself once more before placing a vote, his V/LA ends tomorrow.
So?

There's nothing wrong with him coming back to some pressure.
Also I voted for Racer because you specifically said this... If you had corrected yourself I wouldn't have changed my mind about staying on an unvote.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:59 am

Post by House »

In post 210, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 209, House wrote:

Discussing the read on Harlii is relevant to me though, you said I was inconsistent for saying I both generally have agreed with you (why I put a vote on Racer64 without much thought) and distrusting Harlii.
So you're admitting that you've been sheeping me instead of forming your own reads?

That doesn't exactly improve my opinion.

I have to give you props though, you were doing a marvelous job of buddying me.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:06 am

In post 212, House wrote:So you're admitting that you've been sheeping me instead of forming your own reads?
How can you say I've been sheeping you? I was the first to push for both of this game's major wagons (MNS and DP), and you weren't even a part of MNS at its end. Also, me unvoting DP because I didn't want you to have the power to hammer implies that I have
some
distrust of you.

Really the only time I've sheeped you is the vote you're scumreading me for, which is fair, but I think my mislynch will be incredibly unhelpful to the town because it doesn't incriminate Scim!House at all.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:06 am

*Scum!House
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:11 am

Post by House »

In post 198, gigabyteTroubadour wrote: At least I townread you harder now because Scum!House would have missed that typo to use me as an easy mislynch tomorrow.
In post 213, gigabyteTroubadour wrote: Really the only time I've sheeped you is the vote you're scumreading me for, which is fair, but I think my mislynch will be incredibly unhelpful to the town because it doesn't incriminate Scum!House at all.
Yep. 1 scum down, 1 to go.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:14 am

My logic is that Scum!House wouldn't do this, but me pointing that out gives scum!House a reason to go foward with it and use it as towncred.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:15 am

also if you're going to say i'm scum without a flip, who's my scumbuddy?
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:57 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

^ associative tells like this don't help your case tbh. The insistence of "I'm not scum, who is my scum buddy" adds nothing to the discussion. Would it matter at this point? Scum act independently during the day anyway
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:00 am

No, they don't, but I want to better understand House's case besides that one slip. I just personally would not be so certain about someone being scum unless I know what I want after a correct lynch and after an incorrect lynch.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:03 am

Post by House »

In post 219, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:No, they don't, but I want to better understand House's case besides that one slip. I just personally would not be so certain about someone being scum unless I know what I want after a correct lynch and after an incorrect lynch.
You jumped on an entirely inaccurate case as an excuse to cast a vote.

That. Is. Not. Town.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:14 am

In post 220, House wrote:
In post 219, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:No, they don't, but I want to better understand House's case besides that one slip. I just personally would not be so certain about someone being scum unless I know what I want after a correct lynch and after an incorrect lynch.
You jumped on an entirely inaccurate case as an excuse to cast a vote.

That. Is. Not. Town.

The case wasn't even why I wanted to vote. I think DP/Racer is still a possible scumteam and apply pressure onto him. If I wanted to jump on a vote because of your inaccurate case, my first post in response to you would have been a vote. You telling me "My case might be inaccurate but it's still good to pressure him" persuaded me to vote, and I justified it because I can unvote when I need to.

At this point I realize I can't defend myself (and House is totally justified to put this much pressure on me, whether or not this was a test at first or a legitimate scumread), so I'm trying to make sure Town isn't fucked when I flip town.
Harlii
Harlii
Townie
Harlii
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:23 am

Post by Harlii »

In post 194, gigabyteTroubadour wrote: Because I agreed that he needed some pressure? He's been mostly on V/LA and unlike RC there's not really anything to justify anything more than a townread. So giving him 2 votes of pressure seems better than 1.
In post 221, gigabyteTroubadour wrote: I think DP/Racer is still a possible scumteam and apply pressure onto him.

Okay, so here's my question(s).

When House says "Pressure" in this context, my assumption is he means something along the lines of forcing Racer to explain his previous "weird" (as they were thought by House at the time of initial wagon) actions. Giga comes back with discussion of the inaccuracies of the claim of "weird"-ness. And then votes for Racer anyway, to put on "pressure".

What's the intent of the "pressure"? Is its only goal to explain his initial nullread on DP?

Also, in 194, when you say "justify anything more than a townread", that's a really confusing statement to me. Do you mean more as in you can't justify a stronger townread, or more as in can't justify not a townread, or more as in something else entirely?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:32 am

I meant more than a nullread. It makes no sense because it's not what I intended to write. I don't think anyone can possibly townread Racer and that's what I would have said if I didn't make that stupid error.

I still think Racer's nullread is weird and I want him to explain himself. That's what I mean by pressure. House's view on the weirdness of the vote (why not giga?) was different from mine (why DP?) but House and I were still on the same track with the DP read.

I think House went off on me because RC, who he trusts more on the basis of skill, has me as a very strong scumread (yet he's not on my wagon yet) and he wanted to see how I would put up with a fight. I failed miserably, and it's really starting to frustrate me because I thought I was better than this :/.
Harlii
Harlii
Townie
Harlii
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:54 am

Post by Harlii »

In post 205, House wrote: How can you agree with my reads when your Harlii townread is going down the drain?

More inconsistency.
In post 207, House wrote: Harlii is not a person of interest for today.
House, why isn't your read on me relevant here, when part of your case on Giga making inconsistent statements is their read on me + their statement of agreement with you? Giga asked you this too, but I think you kind of dodged it by moving on to the sheeping thing.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”