Mini 1802: Paint Mafia Sequel - Game Over!

Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

VoteCount 1.10Image
"human quetzal"

=====================
lalaladucks [3]
- Dwlee99, pieguyn, TheBrawlGuy
Spiffeh [2]
- Nahdia, Bellaphant
TehBrawlGuy [1]
- Ranger
Dwlee99 [1]
- itlepip
Bellaphant [1]
- Spiffeh
Katsuki [1]
- Nina Williams

Not Voting [4]:

Aristophanes, Katsuki, lalaladucks, UpTooLate

=====================
With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
You have (expired on 2016-06-25 17:00:00) to do so.
Last edited by Cheetory6 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:29 am

Post by pieguyn »

i'm trying to decide if i like lala's latest series of posts or not

more later
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:43 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@Spiffeh, do you want to actually come ask me for clarification on things I don't like/find scummy or do you want to throw shade on me?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:44 am

Post by Nahdia »

UNVOTE:

i think im votign spiff rn and im not really sure i wanna vote spiff anymore
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 532, lalaladucks wrote:hm reading this post you sound just
so reasonable and it makes me seem
so UNREASONABLE
prolly cos i am but eh
grrraarrrrrrrrrrrr
this is the kind of thing you keep posting that i don't really think makes any sense for you to post as town. first off, if you think i'm being "reasonable"... why did you turn around earlier and say that my push on you seemed to be so overblown that you didn't believe i'd actually think so strongly you were scum? and moreover, if you admit i'm being reasonable, why do you keep consistently taking such a contrary approach towards what i'm posting to you? there are even parts of this post that i'm responding to () that don't really look like you want to try to work things out with me here - you claiming i'm suspicious because "my reads are bad", you basically going "sorry, not sorry" when i tell you that i'm willing to engage you if you would actually respond to my posts - posts like seem to imply the exact opposite, i.e. that you can't even do anything else in the game thread without feeling that i'd call you scum if you didn't respond to me first

on the other hand i think it makes at least some sense from you as scum - it reads like you don't want to engage me, but don't know how to actually question the argument in a way that will make you look good
In post 532, lalaladucks wrote:to be completely honest i couldn't be bothered going back through and reading again >___>
i don't believe this either. i don't think that if it was that you "couldn't be bothered going back through and reading again", your approach towards the situation would have been what it was. you basically just voted and then later said "OK, i'm going to look through this now"... after the flip. if you have something that you want to check, and you decide for whatever reason you don't want to check it anymore, there is usually some specific reason that you would drop it (be it not feeling like it, it not being relevant anymore, or something else). i said this before, but "one of Nina and TSQ must be town" isn't a thought you would take so lightly when one of them is a lynch candidate, since from your POV there's at least a somewhat reasonable chance the person in question is town - this would be a possibility that would be necessary to think about and resolve before actually proceeding with a lynch. you didn't seem to notice this at all, or if you did, you didn't talk about it. i would probably buy you just not feeling up to rereading it tbh if you had talked about it or attempted to really sort it literally once when you _were_ here, outside of the one vague "they're probably not scum together" statement which you made ... even if you had said something along the lines of "i still don't know which one is scum but i didn't have a chance to figure out which" at the point where you voted ... but you didn't. it wasn't a part of your focus at all, which is why i think you just threw it in as a throwaway statement.

but moving on... let's suppose that OK, you did decide it would be fine to go ahead and vote. this means that you've decided that Nina-town was sufficiently unlikely... in that case, what was the point in even going back and deciding to look through their interactions later? from your POV, you already felel good enough about it being Nina. neither of them did anything in the interim that i imagine would change your (or anyone else's) opinion... by which i mean neither of them did literally anything...

again, it doesn't read like you actually intended to sort through their interactions there. what does it read like? you attempting to take advantage of the scum reads on both of them while trying to make it look like you're being reasonable/insightful by commenting on how one of them is town.
In post 532, lalaladucks wrote:your reads in general are bad enough that i'm suspicious of you
this is the kind of read that i really, really would look a lot more favorably on if you actually tried to sit down and take the time to explain it. as it is, all i see is a thinly veiled attempt at discrediting. this is more so the case when at the very least, i had just talked about how i have two of your other scum reads as "scum" and "even though i don't want to lynch them for positional reasons i don't think anything they've done has looked town".
In post 536, lalaladucks wrote:okay so, this is a terrible reason to townread bella
just want to quote this here, if i get lynched, look at my flip, lynch her next PLEASE
for the record, i don't really deny this and depending on what happens i could see myself agreeing with the scum reads here. a part of me also likes the way in which you snap-called me out on it. i don't really feel there was malicious intent in doing it - i think this looks like you legitimately thinking it's unlikely i would back off of you and hoping you can get through to me in this way, so to speak, as opposed to trying to keep up appearances.

in your own words, can you explain in more depth what is missing from bella's play in this game?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by pieguyn »

actually, now that i think about it, i don't really know if scum-lala's approach to this situation in general is to come in here and start antagonizing bella. she's the leading wagon, bella specifically takes issue with lala's play, and at this point i feel like she would be dead in the water if someone who was mostly interested in voting elsewhere decided to vote her instead.

:/

i don't know if that point makes any sense but i don't really see her trying to save herself or get out of it here, unless she thought someone would think along these lines and town read her for it
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by pieguyn »

she had no reason to specifically push bella unless she was 1. struggling to form content and decided to just sheep Spiffeh's bella read because she couldn't think of anything else, or 2. going for what i said above.

there were more viable scum reads she could sheep for option 1 (ex. Aris) and i don't think option 2 feels particularly likely
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:46 pm

Post by pieguyn »

someone tell me if they disagree with this or not because I'm pretty strongly considering moving to Aris rn.
Nina Williams
Nina Williams
Townie
Nina Williams
Townie
Townie

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:01 pm

Post by Nina Williams »

In post 525, pieguyn wrote:like, I think there's a very real chance what's going on here is that you/TSQ got into a huge town/town infight and scum just sat and enjoyed it from the sidelines. I can't help but feel you don't want to consider other possibilities because you're biased here and really just want him to be scum... and this, in turn, is _exactly_ why it's fairly common scum play to take advantage of town/town infights to hopefully ride them out to mislynches. and this is why I want you to look at lala again - she kinda sorta just coasted through the whole thing while pushing weak scum reads individually on both you and TSQ without taking any firm stances or making any good observations at all elsewhere, really. even if I think Katsuki has done nothing town, I'm pretty hesitant to just accept "TSQ's slot is still scum because of his posts to me earlier" unless you can show me more well thought-out reasoning for your read here

not to mention, if you're right about Aris being scum, I'm pretty sure he did exactly the same thing during the you/TSQ interactions that I think lala did here.
I do tend to do that from time to time. I can't help but think that people who are close to having the same reads I have, are town. Because you're my top town read right now, I will have a look back later on.

I think there is an easy solution for us to settle this though.

VOTE: Aristophanes
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by pieguyn »

vote: Aris
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:19 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Holy fuck!
If you.would stop it with the wallsaubeni could get something done this game!

Nina's vote is pretty opportunistic in timing and I don't like it.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:26 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 560, Aristophanes wrote:Nina's vote is pretty opportunistic in timing and I don't like it.
But she's blue, friend.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:28 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 561, Nahdia wrote:
In post 560, Aristophanes wrote:Nina's vote is pretty opportunistic in timing and I don't like it.
But she's blue, friend.
Did we flip her?
I should pay more attention.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:49 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

You seemed to be playing plenty of attention when you got beetlejuiced into the thread after two votes.

I need to re-read your slot.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:32 pm

Post by Ranger »

laladucks wrote:surprised to see pie that low tbh
You really shouldn't be.

When I said I wanted to see pie flipped.

I wanted to see pie flipped
The only reason pie's not my vote now is because of pie's strength as a town player if my scumread is wrong.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:01 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 560, Aristophanes wrote:Holy fuck!
If you.would stop it with the wallsaubeni could get something done this game!

Nina's vote is pretty opportunistic in timing and I don't like it.
you complaining about my "walls" reads like you're not sure how you can justify a lack of content in a way that doesn't look bad, tbh. it's not a major point but I don't particularly believe you think this makes sense

@Ranger:
I'm aware you're scum reading me, but do you think my point in is well-reasoned?
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:27 am

Post by Ranger »

I thought it was a post that you'd make as scum but not a post that you'd make as town.
This means it is slightly more likely than default to be truthful, and therefore slightly more likely than default to mean lala is town.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:40 am

Post by pieguyn »

. I'm asking if (independent of what you think of my alignment) the point I'm making in the post is actually good or not.

you should know as well as I do that I find it almost impossible to read people who play mostly based on charisma as opposed to laying out reasoning for their reads, which appears to be the type of player lala is. I mostly just want a second opinion and yours is probably the one I would respect the most.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I'm super conflicted about lala's last set of posting, because some of it vibed town, but there's an air of manufacturing seems super scummy.

Also, her meta read on me seems pulled out of the air: lala, can we talk about what this is based on?

Ari's beetlejuicing (lol, tbg) is suspect though: ari, even if you are skimming some of the walls, which, admittedly I am this week, what's your take on the general game state? What do you think is going on with pie/ranger? Have you had much experience with stream of consciousness lala? Because I don't think I have, which is what's making me 0.0 my meta read.
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by UpTooLate »

I'm sorry guys, I'm requesting replacement. A bunch of stuff popped up during an already busy week and I'm struggling to keep up. =(
Get to know me!
Take care of those you call your own, and keep good company.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:30 pm

Post by Ranger »

pie wrote:I'm asking if (independent of what you think of my alignment) the point I'm making in the post is actually good or not.
Maybe. laladucks is mostly a null read.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:06 am

Post by Spiffeh »

We have two days to decide on someone

I will catch up in a bit
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Nahdia »

VOTE: katsuki

-Zaphkael, 2020
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:43 am

Post by pieguyn »

why on fucking earth is it so difficult to get any wagon past like 3 votes?

is there anyone in this game who thinks Aris has done _anything_ that looks remotely town?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:46 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 572, Nahdia wrote:VOTE: katsuki
what is your read on Aris? I just now noticed you haven't given one yet.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”