Newbie 1717: Newbies Through the Looking Glass (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:31 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I DIDNT SAY THEY HAVEN'T. I AM NOT LYNCHING YOU OMG>/.mnblmgjkvacl'l;sdbvasdb
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Titus »

In post 573, Postie wrote:You good with being lynched if Accountant flips scum, Titus?
LOL. Try to lynch me if that happens. Go ahead.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Titus »

In post 575, RadiantCowbells wrote:I DIDNT SAY THEY HAVEN'T. I AM NOT LYNCHING YOU OMG>/.mnblmgjkvacl'l;sdbvasdb
Great. Then find a new method to sort me so we can vote scum. K the. Bye.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:34 am

Post by Postie »

Titus why does this feel like your 636-game?
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:38 am

Any townread that I've had on that slot is long gone at this point.

Postie's still a nullread.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Postie »

In post 577, Titus wrote:Great. Then find a new method to sort me so we can vote scum. K the. Bye.
RC, is this kind of response normal for Titus when you're having difficulty working together or you're not townreading her or whatever?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Xalxe »

Vote Count 1.12

Have I gone mad?

Accountant
(3): Postie, RadiantCowbells, Simoyd
BlankFace
(3): Accountant, Harkonnen97, Lycanfire
Lycanfire
(1): innocentvillager
Postie
(1): Titus

Not Voting
: BlankFace
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-06-25 22:32:17)
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:50 am

No, not really.

But it's not 100% something she'd never do as town.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Postie »

Hmmn. It just sounds awfully familiar...
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:52 am

Post by BlankFace »

In post 552, Titus wrote:
In post 546, RadiantCowbells wrote:Hey, I gave you a case. Why do you think Blank is more likely to be scum than Accountant?
Blank, does jackshit..gets defenses
Accountant feels town...
Still reading. I had a job interview today, that took precedence over the game.

Why is Accountant town to you? And what defenses did I get? Because it still seems like a split between me and Accountant at this point.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:52 am

Yes, I noticed that.

I'm thinking she's scum.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:57 am

Post by Titus »

In post 578, Postie wrote:Titus why does this feel like your 636-game?
Dunno. Why are you so scummy and lack independent thought?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:01 am

Post by Titus »

In post 584, BlankFace wrote:
In post 552, Titus wrote:
In post 546, RadiantCowbells wrote:Hey, I gave you a case. Why do you think Blank is more likely to be scum than Accountant?
Blank, does jackshit..gets defenses
Accountant feels town...
Still reading. I had a job interview today, that took precedence over the game.

Why is Accountant town to you? And what defenses did I get? Because it still seems like a split between me and Accountant at this point.
The whole thread has been one giant defense of you doing jackshit, chainsaw, ignorance or just stubborn errors.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:02 am

Post by BlankFace »

And the question about Accountant?
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:06 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

I promise I'll make a wall just for you, tomorrow. Ok? <3
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:07 am

At this point its more for reading you because I'm confident that Accountant is the lynch today.

I could lynch Titus but I would hate myself if she flipped town.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:08 am

Post by Titus »

In post 590, RadiantCowbells wrote:At this point its more for reading you because I'm confident that Accountant is the lynch today.

I could lynch Titus but I would hate myself if she flipped town.
Let me warn you in advance...wagoning me = self hate.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Would you hate yourself if Accountant flipped town?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:10 am

No, I wouldn't. I'd be immensely frustrated with myself and probably engage in some minor self harm but I wouldn't HATE myself like I would if Titus flipped town.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:12 am

Post by Titus »

In post 588, BlankFace wrote:And the question about Accountant?
Because there's no reason to wagon accountant (Sorry RC)
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:13 am

Post by Postie »

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:15 am

FTR self harm was poorly used and I apologize for it. What I meant was just like smacking my head into my desk, I didn't mean anything beyond that. Sorry.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:18 am

Post by BlankFace »

Wall Warning:
Spoiler: ”Pages Five through Ten”
I just went from not liking Simoyd to slightly liking him. His shows a pretty clear line of thought and despite Mizzy’s , he continues his pressure in . The question in 101 is loaded as hell though. Either option paints Mizzy into a corner. I’m going to have to revisit this question once my initial re-read is over.
IV’s finally shows some okay content. Everything before looking into Lycan’s post is meh but his read into Lycan’s post is defensive as fuck. He spends most of the post arguing that Lycan doesn’t put enough effort into showing his work in Lycan’s meta read of him. I wouldn’t either, unless prompted. Notice that he also doesn’t disagree with the meta read, just that Lycan didn’t give examples.

If you read Lycan’s and can’t see town, I’ll eat my shoe.

Skipping RCs posts for now? I’m shit at reading him. He can testify to that. Looking over his ISO, I can already tell that I’m going to fall into the same trap I did in Midnight Sun if I read too much into RC [I pushed him as hard as I could from day 1 to whenever he got lynched, was wrong as hell about it too.] Not doing it.

Simoyd’s – Starting analysis on Accountant’s RVS vote as bussing is incredibly meh. There were four people who were posting any real content at that point; Grace, Accountant, Meepo, and Mizzy. I can’t say that I would call that tunneling just yet, especially when half of the other players haven’t even got a word in. Accountant sure as shit pressured Grace, won’t argue that. I’m also a little confused by what Simoyd means by bussing façade. If Accountant’s was supposed to be the start of the bussing, would that make VI or Meepo Accountant’s partner? What does pushing Grace do to further that bus? And why bother bussing on the very first page in RVS? There’s also some interesting defense of Mizzy in this post. Pot, kettle, etc.

I also hate this: “Liking me is the obvious scum choice because I'm terrible at this game and obvious newb town. Attacking mizzie again for no good reason... I think the meepo wagon has really bottomed out and there's not really anything to push. This is besides the fact that I was voting meepo and not pushing either, but you like me?”

First, AtE. Second, I don’t like the insistence on being town. If I’m reading this correctly, this sets Simoyd up in a win/win position as scum. Not only can he refer to this to show that he tried never tried to buddy anyone, even as he starts to buddy to Mizzy during the same fucking post, but when he lives on to the end of the game he can point back to it again and say “See, I was right. Scum kept me alive because I’m newb town.” Third: Accountant’s , which is the post he is referring to, is asking Mizzy to explain a scum read. Shutting down someone else’s scumhunting is scummy as hell. There is no benefit as town to ever attack someone for asking for elaboration.

I do not like Accountant’s response to his post though in . Specifically,
In post 124, Accountant wrote:Why defend?

Because people were attacking him unreasonably and I wanted to put a stop to that.
You can’t go from “I was tunneling Grace to put pressure on her to get a better read of her alignment” and then say this in the same post. Pressure on IV was not unwarranted with how little he had to say about the early game. Also do not like the fact that Accountant’s response to asking RC to sheep was: “
What is wrong with town asking someone to sheep them? To "sheep" someone means to follow their lead and vote who they vote - if a town member is confident they've found a good player to vote, they should want the rest of the town to vote with them.” When two quotes above Accountant says “RC's meta isn't to jab and poke, it's to make naked votes and one liners or 20 pages and then jump on someone and deathtunnel them. In addition, I'm wary of trying to sort RC early because I find him difficult to read.” Why would you ask someone you find difficult to read to sheep you? I can understand asking a townread to follow you, but if you ask someone you know you have a hard time to read to sheep you, what do you gain from it as town? Either they do or they don’t, what does that tell you about their alignment?

Page 7 is pretty boring. The only thing that really interest me are Accountant’s . I have very little meta on RC but I can’t see RC being the kind of guy to sheep a vote like that, especially when RC has been pushing on Accountant from his very first post. Feels weird, especially when Accountant knows that RC goes into a deathtunnel. What is town!Accountant doing to deal with RC in this instance? Can’t be a reaction test, doesn’t really further the state of the game. Why is Accountant so adamant about RC agreeing with him? Especially given the fact that Accountant blatantly says that he is putting no real effort into reading RC day 1, . I feel more or less the same about RC, he’s difficult to read, so why does that mean Accountant reads him as town day one and establish that the longer he survives, the scummier he is? There’s no town motivation for that. Essentially, RC is null for Accountant. Accountant just says that in an extremely roundabout way.

Simoyd’s is pretty gross. Flimsy reason to townread RC and Simoyd went from his case in to entertaining the possibility that Accountant could be town. Thinking back on it, I don’t remember Simoyd even responding to Accountant’s . I’ll have to go back and look after I finish this.

Accountant’s is a pretty big flip on the issue I had earlier, it flat out contradicts . RC releases his pressure with the promise of a case, and Accountant jumps on the unvote. What spark is Accountant looking for here? RC has made his intentions clear.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:19 am

Post by BlankFace »

I'd say there's a reason to wagon Accountant after reading through that chunk of the game.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:22 am

Post by Titus »

Oh great survivalist walls...will read when car not moving
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”