Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3825 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:58 am

Post by Reasonably Irrational »

Also, let's not rush today please. Like, no voting for awhile until we actually discuss things would be really friggin nice.

-Cerb
A Hydra of Cerberus v666 & Elbirn
Patches the Spider
Patches the Spider
Townie
Patches the Spider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3826 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by Patches the Spider »

Which Nightmare is Almost50 in? We failed to recruit them last night.
What is friendship, but a kawaii encounter?
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3827 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:01 pm

Whoever invited A50 to their nightmare(or whoever has A50 in their nightmare now, I don't care if your the owner, please communicate his answer to the following question(and I would like some corroboration from someone else in that nightmare, given that we now which nightmares everyone is in at this point. (or at least I do, I'm not positive it's all totally public information. Hmm.)

Did you kill D&D last night A50?

-Cerb
Liger_Zero
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3828 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by Liger_Zero »

Its going to be hard getting back into this game with that long downtime :(
RI how did the party do?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3829 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by House »

Disestablishmentarianism is a long freaking word.

In other news, Ranger will you please post the message R&L sent you that you mentioned yesterDay.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3830 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:08 pm

The party crushed all who dared to face them, after dealing with some fairly substantial trials honestly. The votes you see on us here are, well...not at all representative of what we actually had to deal with.

That's all I'll say about that.

So, insight effect stuff.

15 alive in the game.
14 alive in the game thread.
9 town
3 scum

Which doesn't add up, btw, because yesterday we had *1* extra non town or scum slot, and today we have 2. :-/

Also yesterday it was 17 alive in game thread
12 town
4 scum.

So, we lost 2 who investigate as town, and 1 who investigates as scum.

So I would expect 14 alive in thread.
10 town
3 scum

So yeah. I'm not sure what's going on there. Gonna ask Varsoon to confirm those numbers. We almost certainly have 4 scum left alive in the game right now btw. The real question I have is whether we have a miller+ a godfather, or if the one miller claim I know about(who happens to investigate as the alignment of the prior days lynch if they helped slay them) is actually the scum godfather. The rest of their claim makes me think no, they're actually town...but it makes me wonder.

Oh, and pulchritudinous. I forgot about that.
-Cerb
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3831 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by House »

In post 3830, Reasonably Irrational wrote:The real question I have is whether we have a miller+ a godfather, or if the one miller claim I know about(who happens to investigate as the alignment of the prior days lynch if they helped slay them) is actually the scum godfather.
Scum godfather has no reason to fakeclaim Miller that mimics alignment of the lynch, because they'd be outed as a liar if they were investigated after not being on the wagon and returning a town result.

I don't see godfather throwing away their free pass on investigatives just to be caught out in an unnecessary lie.

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3832 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 3831, House wrote:
In post 3830, Reasonably Irrational wrote:The real question I have is whether we have a miller+ a godfather, or if the one miller claim I know about(who happens to investigate as the alignment of the prior days lynch if they helped slay them) is actually the scum godfather.
Scum godfather has no reason to fakeclaim Miller that mimics alignment of the lynch, because they'd be outed as a liar if they were investigated after not being on the wagon and returning a town result.

I don't see godfather throwing away their free pass on investigatives just to be caught out in an unnecessary lie.
unless their godfather is conditional in the exact same way the miller is conditional..?
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3833 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Nahdia »

It's like in Borderlands Mafia. The Conditional GF's fakeclaim was Conditional Miller and the description was just flipped. Could be dealing with the same thing.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3834 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:24 pm

In post 3832, Nahdia wrote:

unless their godfather is conditional in the exact same
way the miller is conditional..?
Yeah, what Nahdia said. There is no reason why the scum godfather couldn't simply be conditional. They wouldn't get caught out by the claim itself.

Here's my problem: The simplest way to explain the current breakdown of town v scum is for the miller claim I have left alive to be scum. The more complex way is they exist AND there's a scum godfather. :-/ I'm torn yo.

I think there are other things to prioritize in our discussions though. I really need the answer from A50 before any more speculative talk about setup can really happen. :P
-Cerb
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3835 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by House »

In post 3833, Nahdia wrote:It's like in Borderlands Mafia. The Conditional GF's fakeclaim was Conditional Miller and the description was just flipped. Could be dealing with the same thing.
Then the utility would be the exact reverse that RI described, wouldn't it?

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3836 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3824, Reasonably Irrational wrote:
Purchase Item: Kos Parasite

-Cerb
Confirming the Purchase.
Reasonably Irrational now has the Kos Parasite. Talk about tenta
cool
Last edited by Varsoon on Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3837 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Purchase Item: Kirkhammer

Vote: House
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3838 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:37 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 3834, Reasonably Irrational wrote:I really need the answer from A50 before any more speculative talk about setup can really happen.
A50 is dead though, can he still talk in a PT with you or something? My PT doesn't allow the dead to talk. Otherwise, you'd be waiting until him to send you a message I would guess. If you can communicate with A50 outside the thread, why ask in this thread?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3839 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Also, D&D flipped Miller, so maybe I'm missing something about the current discussion... are you inferring there is another Miller out there? And what's a conditional Godfather?
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3840 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:42 pm

In post 3837, Toogeloo wrote:
Purchase Item: Kirkhammer

Vote: House
Please unvote. :/ I really don't want ANYTHING like what happened the lat couple days. Maybe a pact to place no votes for at least 72 hours?
In post 3838, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 3834, Reasonably Irrational wrote:I really need the answer from A50 before any more speculative talk about setup can really happen.
A50 is dead though, can he still talk in a PT with you or something? My PT doesn't allow the dead to talk. Otherwise, you'd be waiting until him to send you a message I would guess. If you can communicate with A50 outside the thread, why ask in this thread?
He was supposed to be invited to a nightmare PT I'm in. He did not show. That means someone else invited him to their Nightmare PT, which means someone else can tall to him right now.

-Cerb

Pedit: As I said yesterday, I know of two miller claims. D&D was one. The one that may sometimes show as town was the other.

A conditional godfather would investigate as scum unless some condition was met, in which case they'd show as town.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3841 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Ranger »

D'oh.

I coulda SWORN there was an extra day until day started. I didn't get to edit my message. :(
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #3842 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by Ranger »

House wrote:Ranger will you please post the message R&L sent you that you mentioned yesterDay.
Sure. This is a bit of a quick paraphrase of a long message that was also more relevant yesterday so unfortunately it's probably not quite perfect.

The first section was privately addressed to me. They knew Patches's role (so do I thanks to last night), they told me more or less I was chosen because I supported them when the rest of the town was being idiots, it was Rylai's half speaking during the message, they said that ABR could confirm the sig (whoops, but presumably RyLina sent a message to someone else with the same signature so SOMEONE can confirm), she was a bit disgruntled at being lynched but still wanted to help, sending a(n anime) gif of love. Lina also contributed to the message apparently. They hold a very high opinion of you, House, and trust you to carry the game. They'd be ticked at RI if they thought Reasonably Irrational was town, but they were still convinced as of the time of the message that RI is scum.

They mentioned the reason why they used the gladiate. They identified themselves as negative utility on D1 in part because of it combined with their beasthood. Apparently, they believe their role was meant to be used against bosses in dungeons, the implication being they could instantly bring bosses to L-1 and/or stop them from attacking. The intent in using the role once was to prove their claim, to prove their utility, in order to be elected for dungeons. In short, they wanted to use their power, once, so that they would always be put in the Hunter's Party and be able to use it.

Their role was apparently day-activated, meaning they used it before Bogre flipped, and they believe BOTH Bogre and Shadow_step are scum. It was meant as a vig, and they didn't anticipate Shadow turning it into a gladiate. There's a youtube video for ABR, never watched it so I don't know what it was, can't exactly quote it though so that part of the message is not able to be paraphrased. They attacked randomidget: contradicts , and they hated the callout of the hunting party as all-scum. There's comments to a couple of players who're now dead, about them being manipulated. (And a bit about them being dumb.)

They insisted was scumposting, to silence them before they could answer about their role. They think that between Reasonably Irrational's two heads being dumb, or being scum, the latter is infinitely more likely. They think that, after their softclaiming, Cerb not picking up on their role being good for the huntmaster party was scummy, and that the call for the kill on a null read was egregious. They don't like Cerb's lack of strong opinions. They also hated . There's some very vulgar comments made towards . They share my Liger scumread for .

They strongly agreed with . They think was scumposting. There's a call out of Mixed6's by mirroring : Liger's predecessor was
Fire Assassin
. (Well, they didn't use that name, but same thing.) There seems to be some hydra dissonance; Shiro townreads but Frozen Angel (who wrote the majority of the message) scumreads them.

They buddying. They said was not a game-relevant stance, without useful setup spec, and asked me to tell the town to shoot them. They call Dwlee useless-as-scum, lazy-as-town, and say this is the latter. They wanted to clarify their scumread on Cerb has nothing to do with him having the monocles. Thanks to , I THINK they backtracked and said Dwlee was scum, not exactly clear. (The post's largely stream of consciousness.) was, to them, evidence of Cerb being scum because they thought that the value in seeing how wagons organically form > the value of organizing who's on a wagon. Mentioned something about hypocrisy, too, but that wasn't really clear.

Part five was a readslist. It's a Ranger-styled one, but I'm still not clear on whether I'm allowed to post that. Both heads had me at the top. Mixed6 was universally below that. Reasonably Irrational was universally the bottom tier, with a...
very
lengthy explanation from Lina I can therefore safely paraphrase: Insisting RI was stroking Mixed6's ego and encouraged offing RyLina because they can't be controlled. They insist they were discredited, that this is a scum Elbirn (didn't give the game but claimed recent experience), they also insisted I was semi-confirmed town which might explain my placement.

The final part is a plea for the town to drop their arrogance and see things from each others' point of views. General talking about good luck, loving us all, and a closing anime gif (cherry thumb), with their name, Ice/Fire sisters.

If there's anything in my paraphrase that's important they missed, they can tell someone tonight.
I'm pretty sure I'd be allowed to answer about their individual reads on players, so if you want those I'll provide them.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #3843 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Ranger »

Reading their message, Dwlee is in fact a scumread: near bottom or at bottom for both of them. Shadow's low as well. Their central scum bloc could basically be said to be {RI, Dwlee, Shadow}. Their basic townbloc seemed to be {Ranger, Mixed6, Almost50, House, Nahdia, Toogeloo}. The other high/low names varied between the two, but their null lists (well, presumably null; they actually went true-Ranger and din't label them) were {Zulfy, Klingoncelt, D&D, Shinobi}.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #3844 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 3842, Ranger wrote:They call Dwlee useless-as-scum, lazy-as-town, and say this is the latter.
feelsbad
I prefer they, thanks :)
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3845 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I personally have a hard time seeing Shadow being scum solely from the Bogre invite to his Private Topic. If Bogre knew he was going to be lynched and opted to invite a scumbuddy as to create WIFOM, that'd be the only possibility, but how soon do we suppose Bogre would have done his invite in comparison to when his lynch was settled upon, and even then, what is the likelihood that Bogre would even do this especially with an extremely inactive player slot?

I have been having a few doubts with RI lately, but I think many people are too cautious to disrupt the status quo and elect a completely different Hunting Party, and as a result they are happy with the current way of thing with Reasonably Irrational playing the democratic leader of the people. I'm not committing a full blow RI scum-read, but they aren't in my townbloc at the moment. At the moment, only the people I've invited to my own PT (The League), and one other person who is not in the League, are my biggest town reads, and I'm sure those people all know who they are.
In post 3840, Reasonably Irrational wrote:Please unvote. :/ I really don't want ANYTHING like what happened the lat couple days. Maybe a pact to place no votes for at least 72 hours?
The main issue here is that the only lynching that's taken place since the game really started has been based on activity, and not entirely on scummy content. I want to make sure that I let it be known that I am voting one of my biggest scum reads and going back to what Mafia is really supposed to be about. Pressure in this game has largely gone away, and the low hanging targets are all paying the price as a result.
Patches the Spider
Patches the Spider
Townie
Patches the Spider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3846 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Patches the Spider »

My apologies, I nearly forgot.

To the good hunter who contacted me last night; no.
What is friendship, but a kawaii encounter?
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3847 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:48 pm

How about you use your words to push people Toogeloo? How about you engage with people and challenge them on their beliefs about yor strong scum reads, instead of voting them when we both have seen what has happened. The lynches have happened because people are afraid of being locked out and don't have any reason to townread the lynched, no other reason.

-Cerb
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3848 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 3847, Reasonably Irrational wrote:How about you use your words to push people Toogeloo? How about you engage with people and challenge them on their beliefs about yor strong scum reads, instead of voting them when we both have seen what has happened. The lynches have happened because people are afraid of being locked out and don't have any reason to townread the lynched, no other reason.

-Cerb
Would you lynch House today? He's got one vote so far, let's see where it goes.
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3849 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:57 pm

You didn't address my question/suggestion directly.

-Cerb

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”