New York 196: My Game, My Flavor Mafia (Mafia Win)

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:14 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2274, implosion wrote:I think a lot of the scum in this game are in the lurkers.
Low posting lurkers or low content lurkers?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:18 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2322, Airick10 wrote:I do agree with this however, I don't like the constant negativity vibe she gives off throughout the game. The game itself has made it rather easy to go negative pretty quickly, but the attitude of really not even caring much anymore about it does give off an anti-town vibe.
That is the vibe of suspicion and paranoia, which causes feelings of negativity towards the person, since those are negative emotions.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:27 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2352, Almost50 wrote:Here's the entire ISO of PV. His 25 posts thus far. Yes he does have reads, which could very well have been composed to mimic the most popular reads with little to no adjustment. Where and how did he reach these reads? What actual scum hunting/engagement did he provide?
What are the most popular reads? Mine is based on like pages 1-10 then aroundd 80+
In post 2352, Almost50 wrote:I COULD blame it on the silly number of posts, I really could.. but having detailed reads at the same time is very odd to me. He either can't keep up thus should have vague reads or he IS following up so he should have much more content.
In the first paragraph above my reads are not detailed enough. Here they are too detailed.

Which one are you complaining about again?
In post 2352, Almost50 wrote:GDI! I edited out like a gazillion winks and it still says "Your message contains too many smilies". You guys ISO Peregrine on your own!!

@PV:

Is this a trick to prevent someone from quoting your whole ISO?

Quote the posts that you are responding to instead of my whole iso. Or link the damn things.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Wake1 »

We have a little over 5 days left.

Though I think Titus would be a wise lynch, I don't think we will have the votes in time Day 1.

This means either AGar or Vedith, unless a better option happens.

I really didn't like how Nosferatu wouldn't provide content. That said, I don't know his Town meta.

Glancing at Vedith's ISO, I notice he has not once mentioned my name, or asked me a question, or challenged me. I demand confrontation. Engagement.

Boem_u_dusi, could you better explain your , where you say Vedith's posts are weak? I feel that requires clarity. Dunnstral saying that Vedith's posts are worse than Nosferatu's doesn't ring true from where I'm standing ().

...then again, it doesn't feel like Vedith is
not
trying to be noticed. I'm thinking about who
is
escaping my awareness...

Vedith's doesn't make me want to vote him.
Why?

He's got a point. There's little resistance to his wagon. I believe we're in Multiball. There's been a fuck-ton of nonsensical resistance to other wagons.

I'd rather see Titus lynched. All this resistance—all this hellbent fighting—to keep Titus from being lynched especially when she's a random like everyone else who has been found to have lied to everyone... it makes zero sense.

It's a sign. There's very little resistance to Vedith's wagon, but an immense—blatantly obvious—amount of resistance against Titus's wagon. Like certain people are bending over to save their teammate from getting lynched.

Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me it doesn't feel like we're in Multiball. Tell me Titus, being a random like the rest of us, doesn't have a suspicious amount of resistance to her wagon. Tell me Vedith's wagon has a lot of resistance. Just look at the game.
I'm paying attention to the
actions

VOTE: Titus
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:41 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote: Vedith

If scum, look at Mirhawk.

@wake
- people tend to want to lynch Titus for they same reason they want to lynch you. I'm still not lynching Titus today.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2504, PeregrineV wrote:

@wake
- people tend to want to lynch Titus for they same reason they want to lynch you. I'm still not lynching Titus today.
Interesting reaction.

I vote Titus, and very next post you move to Vedith.

The second sentence is vague, and I want to hear your personal reasoning why you refuse to vote for Titus today.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:02 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

In post 2503, Wake1 wrote:

Boem_u_dusi, could you better explain your , where you say Vedith's posts are weak? I feel that requires clarity. Dunnstral saying that Vedith's posts are worse than Nosferatu's doesn't ring true from where I'm standing ().
Clarity? Nosferatu's posts were atrocious and Vedith is slightly better, but still bad. I don't know how to elaborate here, just look at his ISO. Performer pointed out that it's his town meta so I don't know. The only thing I like from him is that he mistrusts Titus, which makes me believe (maybe) that he's actually thinking about the game. But he could also be just trying to find a way to save his ass there. Dunnstral saying that Vedith's posts are worse than Nosferatu's is ridiculous.
But I really think Sickofit is the way to go here because I think he has deliberately been in antispew mode from the beginning of the game. He got frozen by accusations and didn't know how to respond to them, said he's gonna catch up and didn't. And now he asked to be replaced because he doesn't know how to handle this game. If this guy is town, then we are just unlucky. And I have a feeling someone's been constantly steering away from his lynch. Reason I don't want to rope Titus today is because Dunnstral is townreading and defending him heavily and I have been townreading Dunnstral since the beginning of the game. Which may change depending on future information, but we'll see.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:36 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2505, Wake1 wrote:
In post 2504, PeregrineV wrote:

@wake
Interesting reaction.

I vote Titus, and very next post you move to Vedith.

The second sentence is vague, and I want to hear your personal reasoning why you refuse to vote for Titus today.
1. I gave the rest of the pages to Vedith to read him. He gave nothing.
2. Mirhawk has no opinion on him, and calls him "newtown", when he's been here about a year and has dozens of games he posted in.

As for Titus-
In post 2229, PeregrineV wrote:
Sorry. It's day1. I'm not lynching Titus unless you have more than semantics and lynch all liars.

At least she is scumhunting, presenting reads, and making herself readable.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:56 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Vedith wagon >>> Titus wagon
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:57 am

Post by implosion »

Unvote

VOTE: AGar

I prefer him to Vedith. Still willing to compromise on Vedith though.
PeregrineV wrote:Low posting lurkers or low content lurkers?
I don't know, you tell me which of these categories the scumreads that I have very clearly elucidated fall into.

Another trend I'm noticing in this game that I very heavily disagree with. There are multiple people that I believe are town (Wake, Lapsa) that are seeing certain things happening and essentially abstractly deciding that those things must be meaningful: in Wake's case the resistance to Titus's wagon, in Lapsa's case the 'connection' between Varsoon and Zach. I really just abhor this kind of reasoning of seeing that something has happened, being unable to explain it, and therefore assuming it must have some deeper reason.

People are pushing against the Titus wagon because there are really good reasons to believe that she's town. Her play today has been very divisive (and it's the kind of play that we should expect to be divisive). So it isn't strange that there are large numbers of people calling for her lynch and large numbers vocally opposing that lynch. No one is pushing against the Vedith wagon because those strong reasons don't exist for him, so no one feels strongly enough that he is town to vocally oppose it.

The Zach/Varsoon thing is just meaningless. The way they acted together in no way implies a connection beyond one of them implicitly asking the other to fakeclaim masons with them, and the other acquiescing.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

There hasn't been a god damn flip uet and we're talking about multiball already?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:01 am

Post by implosion »

In post 2510, Zachstralkita wrote:There hasn't been a god damn flip uet and we're talking about multiball already?
preeeeeetty much
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:01 am

Post by Titus »

I find that speculation garbage D1. More resistance to wagons on people being scumread versus a policy lynch strongly suggests single ball for what it's worth.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:10 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

the agar wagon is just an excuse for people who don't want to be scrutinized for leaving the titus wagon
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:15 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2509, implosion wrote:I don't know, you tell me which of these categories the scumreads that I have very clearly elucidated fall into.
I don't think you are making a distinction between the two.

But, it's out there for future examination.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:38 am

Post by implosion »

In post 2514, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2509, implosion wrote:I don't know, you tell me which of these categories the scumreads that I have very clearly elucidated fall into.
I don't think you are making a distinction between the two.

But, it's out there for future examination.
It's not that I'm scumreading the lurkers for lurking; it's that the people that are lurking also happen to be the people that i'm scumreading (or more accurately, not townreading, since I have so many townreads).
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:08 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2488, Transcend wrote:shannon still reads obvtown to me
I wish I had your vision. Trying to get players mod-killed IS in fact a scum tell. :neutral:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Airick10
Airick10
Goon
Airick10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:29 am

Post by Airick10 »

In post 2513, Zachstralkita wrote:the agar wagon is just an excuse for people who don't want to be scrutinized for leaving the titus wagon
From what I see, no one voting for AGar now was on the Titus wagon.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2517, Airick10 wrote:
In post 2513, Zachstralkita wrote:the agar wagon is just an excuse for people who don't want to be scrutinized for leaving the titus wagon
From what I see, no one voting for AGar now was on the Titus wagon.
Seconded. I don't think I need an excuse not to be on the lapsa wagon.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:32 am

Post by Titus »

*Titus wagon. Lol. Distracted
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Hunh. Oh well. they're still both shit wagons.

I'm not sure what to think of Vedith switching his vote to shannon just for that Dunn stuff LOL
Airick10
Airick10
Goon
Airick10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:34 am

Post by Airick10 »

In post 2516, Almost50 wrote:Trying to get players mod-killed IS in fact a scum tell.
I'd correct this in saying it's a scum move. Way too overt to be a tell. Eh, potato potahto
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:35 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2521, Airick10 wrote:
In post 2516, Almost50 wrote:Trying to get players mod-killed IS in fact a scum tell.
I'd correct this in saying it's a scum move. Way too overt to be a tell. Eh, potato potahto
Lately people abuse scum tell when they mean scum indicator. It's not townie regardless.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Airick10
Airick10
Goon
Airick10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:39 am

Post by Airick10 »

I wouldn't just laugh off that Dunn stuff. Shannon did in fact ask for a mod-kill. I'm sure scum would love a free kill.

I disagree with Vedith that it 'insults' the mod. I think that's kind of ridiculous. But I did not see that as a bad vote switch.
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 2478, Lapsa wrote:
In post 2476, Titus wrote:Scum want me lynched, but they want town to do it.
name them. who are scum and how exactly they are pushing for your lynch?
abcedminded

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”