Newbie 1718 [Game Over!] Mafia

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

... why are you worrying about me on you then?
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

i mean can i just say that if there's no way RC's getting lynched (which I agree, I doubt DP, KM, Racer, and Fiddler can get a wagon together), then any sort of a push on RC is a waste of time and thus anti-town. If KM really thinks they have a convincing case then by all means go for it, but for now I think there are better ways to use our energy.

For example, if Racer were town, shouldn't he be prodded right now? It's been a pretty long time since he's last been prodded, so I'm thinking that maybe he had some activity in the scum PT that, you know, made sure he didn't get prodded...

What I'm trying to say though is that while I'm totally cool with RC lynching DP and KM, I really want activity from Racer's slot because I think there's a good shot it's scum.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:29 pm

i mean can i just say that if there's no way RC's getting lynched (which I agree, I doubt DP, KM, Racer, and Fiddler can get a wagon together), then any sort of a push on RC is a waste of time and thus anti-town? If KM really thinks they have a convincing case then by all means go for it, but for now I think there are better ways to use our energy.

For example, if Racer were town, shouldn't he be prodded right now? It's been a pretty long time since he's last been prodded, so I'm thinking that maybe he had some activity in the scum PT that, you know, made sure he didn't get prodded...

What I'm trying to say though is that while I'm totally cool with RC lynching DP and KM, I really want activity from Racer's slot because I think there's a good shot it's scum.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:30 pm

pardon the double post
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Youre totally cool with me and Kaori being lynched, despite the fact that if both of us were town, then its game over.

Also everyone being closed minded on RC vs me with people thinking I must be scum in this case bugs me but meh,
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

You're all acting like RC is confirmed town when nobody is.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Kaori Miyazono
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by Kaori Miyazono »

Gigabyte, id like o point out that literally the only reason RC wants to lynch me is because i am calling him scum, yet you seem to have no issue with that. Seriously, you are not bothered at all by that?
Kaori Miyazono
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by Kaori Miyazono »

Prod tomers reset with day ends and opens btw
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Notscience, you literally have firsthand experience with me doing the same. It's pretty close to a gold standard RC tell. Why are you trying to push it as scum?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Kaori Miyazono
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Kaori Miyazono »

Because you have not done anything to make me think you are town?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Did I do anything to make you town in the game where powerlynched BBT and you still pushed a lynch on me? Why do you think that you're able to read me?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:45 pm

Newsflash: I can't do anything to make you think that I'm town. You have never townread me once in a game that we've played together. You are making yourself a PL for me, not vice versa.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

ns just replace in with your main. I dont want to have to call you Kaori.

A fucking policy lynch to bring the game to lylo sounds great!
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:47 pm

And he's hardly done anything to make me think he's scum, unlike you. I don't understand your play throughout this game and at the moment I'm not ready to lynch anyone, but I'm not opposed to it because I hardly see any town motivation coming from you.

As for DP, I hardly trust any BPT claim. I think the way he claimed was suspicious and I have consistently been scumreading him throughout the game. Do I regret loosening it yesterday? Yes.

I'm not pushing for anyone's lynch until I figure out what the hell to do with Racer.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:48 pm

If you're sitting here relentlessly trying to push a craplynch on you then my choices are to lynch you or let you lynch me. I am confirmed town so why the fuck wouldn't I lynch you?

If you're town, do you think that scum are going to nightkill either of us if we lynch outside of us? fuck no. they're going to bring us both to LyLo then since your reads are shit we'll lose.

You have to die or get better.
Kaori Miyazono
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Kaori Miyazono »

Except heres the thing rc

My read isnt coming based off of you

Its coming based off of my reads on tbe rest of the game

Whoops where did your ground go?

Pedit

Do tell how you are confirmed town

Id love to hear how a jk can confirm someone without them being last scum alive
Kaori Miyazono
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by Kaori Miyazono »

Without there being just one scum left alive
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:50 pm

I am confirmed town because I saw my role PM. Clearly I'm not confirmed town to you even though I should be because I'm pretty fucking obvious town just like I was in Bins's game.
Kaori Miyazono
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by Kaori Miyazono »

In post 712, DoctorPepper wrote:ns just replace in with your main. I dont want to have to call you Kaori.

A fucking policy lynch to bring the game to lylo sounds great!
No, i like this account
Kaori Miyazono
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:53 pm

Post by Kaori Miyazono »

In post 713, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:And he's hardly done anything to make me think he's scum, unlike you. I don't understand your play throughout this game and at the moment I'm not ready to lynch anyone, but I'm not opposed to it because I hardly see any town motivation coming from you.

As for DP, I hardly trust any BPT claim. I think the way he claimed was suspicious and I have consistently been scumreading him throughout the game. Do I regret loosening it yesterday? Yes.

I'm not pushing for anyone's lynch until I figure out what the hell to do with Racer.
I will go through and thoroughly explain it for you later, f there are specific questions you have for me to elaborate on you will probably have an easier time understanding.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 717, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am confirmed town because I saw my role PM. Clearly I'm not confirmed town to you even though I should be because I'm pretty fucking obvious town just like I was in Bins's game.
My role pm says Bullet Proof townie but lol you guys dont velieve me. Does that make me conf town too?
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Sigh, fuck this. If youre all just sheeping RC you might as well lynch me today so you dont have to deal with my terrible reads in lylo tomorrow and let superRC carry you to victory because he says his reads are so awesome despite doing jack shit this game.

Anyway, go on I dont give a crap anymore. Lynch me.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Kaori Miyazono
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Kaori Miyazono »

Dp since when does shutting down help
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:05 pm

In post 721, DoctorPepper wrote:Sigh, fuck this. If youre all just sheeping RC you might as well lynch me today so you dont have to deal with my terrible reads in lylo tomorrow and let superRC carry you to victory because he says his reads are so awesome despite doing jack shit this game.

Anyway, go on I dont give a crap anymore. Lynch me.
Oh sweet mother of jesus OR YOU COULD STOP DEATHTUNNELING ME AND ACTUALLY TRY TO WORK WITH ME. I AM OPEN TO RECONSIDERING MY READ ON YOU IF YOU TAKE A STEP BACK.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:53 pm

I mean there's been a pattern of some of the things I want to say getting ignored, but it's fine. I think it reflects on your motivations in this game.
In post 495, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 450, Kaori Miyazono wrote:I felt like one of the two of House/RC was town and one was scum.

I have townreads on everyone else, but I can't figure out you two. Kraska makes more sense as an RC partner.
I've been thinking on this and I actually think that out of all of scum!House's possible partners, Racer makes the least sense. If they're the two scumplayers, then why would House get off the MNS wagon to bus him? It's not like House had anything to really gain from telling everyone that he scumread his partner because of a readlist. Maybe it created some WIFOM now that I'm using that situation to discredit the scumteam, but scum!House had a perfectly fine wagon in MNS that would have ended in a mislynch.

I think RC/Racer and House/Kraska make more sense if I were to believe your reads to be perfect.
It's kind of too late but your RC/Kraska scumteam didn't make sense at the time, especially considering that it was done via process of elimination (Either RC or House is scum, so that means each of the nullread players go to one of them). I realize a direct question was not asked here, but I'm surprised you didn't humor a counterargument to something you suggested.

Now, I can at least see where it could come from but the day is still young, and Kraska is my strongest townread.
In post 411, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 372, Kaori Miyazono wrote:Can you address the other points I brought up please? I will concede this, and I am well aware that anti-scum and anti-town actions come from either alignment, but the question is more in regards to how he was treating Foe and RC in that post.
Point me to specific points. I'm not willing to write another wall because writing walls are even more anti-town than skimming them. And I say this as someone who has written many walls. This ended up as one and I'm mad.
I'm also still waiting for this.
In post 683, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
Who did you expect to be the nightkill and why?
In post 688, gigabyteTroubadour wrote: Popcorning to Kaori, if it matters.
And this, too.

I feel like this whole game would have worked out entirely differently if an actual newbie took MNS's slot or if KM were just open about the fact that he's notty... Posting multiple walls and tunneling House has done nothing beneficial to town, if anything it bred a lot of apathy because no one is interested in fights like the one you had with House or the one between KM, DP, and RC. At least the thing with House and KM would have turned out differently if KM just came out as an alt, the drama was incredibly unnecessary.

So really, KM, if you're going to keep going in this direction, I want a case against RC. Otherwise, this is going to make our town apathy even worse.

And if you want questions:
  • 1. Why join this game?

2. Why join this game as Kaori Miyazono?

3. Why
    scumread
    not townread RC? I'm talking about D1 stuff only.

In post 470, Kaori Miyazono wrote:As scum, I either ply really passively or stupidly reckless (As in, lynch someone in 24 hours for saying the word "lamp" reckless.)
    Is joining a game by posing as a newbie (House was definitely not the only person to think this, and I'm pretty sure you know this too), giving a wallcase on someone who everyone townread (and, whoop-de-doo, was town), and tunneling on what even you said was an unrealistic lynch not recklessly stupid?

5. Did you form your reads before or after joining this game? If you're going to say before, what was your impression of MNS?
I also think there's something disingenuous about how you write walls (I know, stones and glass houses) and say you're just leaving it up there for discussion. Since I think that most of the content you wrote was bs-ass bullshit (and I know I'm not alone), my intuition tells me that it's a very earnest attempt at faking scumhunting and, well, promoting pro-town action.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”