Newbie 1718 [Game Over!] Mafia

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:08 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 722, Kaori Miyazono wrote:Dp since when does shutting down help
This town is hopeless. Why even bother? Why bother trying to reason with someone calling you terrible despite them doing absolutely nothing thw day before? Why bother reason with the rest of the town townreading someone who did nothing if note and is convinced Im lying about me being BP. See no matter when I claimed, it would have been suspect because to me it made sense to keep the BP hidden so we might have a chance at another day. If i claimed when RC asked for the claim, maybe I wouldnt be targetted right now. But anytime I claim after, my claim is wonky.

We get giga and kraska auto clearing RC despite doing nothing of note to make him even seem town because the entirety of day 1 he was busy. I get being busy, but theres a point when it makes no sense to assume someone is in the right when they havent done squat. If youre gonna make this a battle between me and RC, lynch me then. Im not gonna burden you with my crappy reads. Let your savior RC save town if you truly believe he's town.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

I'm not convinced you're lying, I literally said that I believe your claim a few pages back. It just don't make you conftown to me. Nor is RC anyway conftown. I see absolutely no scum motivation coming from RC, that's why I don't scumread him. I've consistently nulltownread him and it's not going to change for a while.

This town is only hopeless for two reasons: A: Since KM joined, town discussion has been nothing but the non-newbies fighting about each other's metas, and B: Racer probably flaked out, which means that we don't have an entire slot to read and use for discussion. If we all can put aside our differences (mostly talking to you and RC) then maybe we can actually find scum and progress through this game.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:19 pm

look maybe it was extreme of me to say that i was ok with your lynch, but i have scumread you for most of the game. I really do agree with RC's point that a BPT claim is really sketchy but I disagree with lynching you first.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 725, DoctorPepper wrote:
This town is hopeless. Why even bother? Why bother trying to reason with someone calling you terrible despite them doing absolutely nothing thw day before? Why bother reason with the rest of the town townreading someone who did nothing if note and is convinced Im lying about me being BP. See no matter when I claimed, it would have been suspect because to me it made sense to keep the BP hidden so we might have a chance at another day. If i claimed when RC asked for the claim, maybe I wouldnt be targetted right now. But anytime I claim after, my claim is wonky.

We get giga and kraska auto clearing RC despite doing nothing of note to make him even seem town because the entirety of day 1 he was busy. I get being busy, but theres a point when it makes no sense to assume someone is in the right when they havent done squat. If youre gonna make this a battle between me and RC, lynch me then. Im not gonna burden you with my crappy reads. Let your savior RC save town if you truly believe he's town.
So now do you understand how I feel when you're just sitting there calling me scum and I know I'm town and nothing that I say is making you revisit that whatsoever?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:23 pm

In post 726, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:It just
doesn't
make you conftown to me.
EBWOP
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

See i dont see why you have universal townread status. You constantly flake out with your beliefs and youre afraid to commit to a read.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 728, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 725, DoctorPepper wrote:

So now do you understand how I feel when you're just sitting there calling me scum and I know I'm town and nothing that I say is making you revisit that whatsoever?
You've done nothing to make me think youre town.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Heres a tip, instead of constantly complaining about being scumread, do something. Stop pushing dumb policy lynches
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:14 pm

Screw you mate. If you're going to sit and deathtunnel me then I'll go ahead and lynch you, and yes I will save the town if I don't get nightkilled. Why are you making your bad play my problem while saying mine is mine too?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:21 pm

In post 730, DoctorPepper wrote:See i dont see why you have universal townread status. You constantly flake out with your beliefs and youre afraid to commit to a read.
wait at first i thought this was directed at RC but was it actually directed at me?

because i can explain myself if it is
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 733, RadiantCowbells wrote:Screw you mate. If you're going to sit and deathtunnel me then I'll go ahead and lynch you, and yes I will save the town if I don't get nightkilled. Why are you making your bad play my problem while saying mine is mine too?
You keep throwing around the bad play card like someone who was the paragon of mafia hunters day 1 :)

Bring it on. Lynch me.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 734, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 730, DoctorPepper wrote:See i dont see why you have universal townread status. You constantly flake out with your beliefs and youre afraid to commit to a read.
wait at first i thought this was directed at RC but was it actually directed at me?

Yes
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
fiddlercrabontheroof
fiddlercrabontheroof
Townie
fiddlercrabontheroof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:32 pm

Post by fiddlercrabontheroof »

This is really interesting and I have my thoguts, but my internet is intermitant at best right now, so I can't post until morning. Sorry have fun, dont lynxh anyyone with out me lol
"I'm very gay. I'd like a few dollars."
- John Mulaney
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:35 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 733, RadiantCowbells wrote:Screw you mate. If you're going to sit and deathtunnel me then I'll go ahead and lynch you, and yes I will save the town if I don't get nightkilled. Why are you making your bad play my problem while saying mine is mine too?
Im asking you to stop complaining and not push PLs and your response is "screw you" and somehow I am anti town
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:11 pm

In post 736, DoctorPepper wrote:
In post 734, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:

Yes
aight

House, Kraska, and RC have pretty much been townreads for me the whole game. Foe
was
up there until more people started to throw suspicion at him. I was starting to see the case against him on my own but I wanted to hear it out from RC. I had some doubts about it but I didn't see a more viable lynch candidate, plus ai_shuuu's reaction was pretty bad (but not unwarranted). Fiddler is being nulltownread by me because the Foe flip made me realize that I was overanalyzing Harlii's play and I really do think he was just a confused newbie. I honestly feel really bad for him.

My scumreads all have had very little material to work from, which is the bad thing. MNS was barely active, and Racer's lack of activity is really problematic for town. You're pretty much the only exception, and since the start of the ai_shuuu wagon (maybe around post 340?) you've been moved up to a nullread. I understand you were busy and that could explain some of the actions you were being scumread for, which is why I am not 100% willing to scumread you.

When RC pressured the BPT to come out, I wasn't expecting you to come out. Scum had pretty much no reason to NK you from D1, so your play as a BPT did not really compute with me. With an outed and dead JK, there's no point in really hiding, so when you needed pressure to come out, I was suspicious.
In post 638, RadiantCowbells wrote:I really don't think this is how he'd react if he was actually bulletproof. He claimed under pressure from the person who he was voting and claiming as his #1 scumread.
I don't think that town would do that. It feels more like him knowing that I'm town and getting jumpy about it.
^ This interpretation of the events made sense to me at the time. If you are scum, then I don't see how this isn't what happened. Thing is, from your fight with RC and your reaction to this whole thing, I'm really starting to doubt you're scum.

Also, on policy lynching, I normally hate it, but based on the newbie games I've read from RC, it seems more like a personality thing to suggest than anything alignment indicative. I wouldn't be opposed to it because Kaori gets lynched during lylo, and like RC said, a BPT claim inherently has a 50% chance of being scum, versus everyone else whose chances are much lower (in terms of solely random thinking). It's definitely not something I'm going to encourage, though. My options are stay out of it and not really mind it, or oppose it. By saying that I'm cool with it, I was picking the first option.
In post 625, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:I'm pretty sure the entire wagon vs. ai_shuuuu was town, but if anyone disagrees I'd like to know...
I am now standing by this statement once again. I think the scumteam is KM / Racer at this point but it's mostly process of elimination. If it helps process this better...

{Kraska} - Town
{RC, Fiddler} - Nulltown
{DP} - Null
{KM} - Nullscum
{Racer} - Probably scum but I cannot actually make a scumread with like 9 posts.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:14 pm

i'm not really willing to move you past a nullread until kaori answers the question i popcorned btw
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:15 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Heres where I have a problem. Your largest scum read is someone with 9 posts.
Also in what time could I have claimed without it seeming sketchy? When exactly? Because you guys have already built up a bias against me to the point that anytime I would havr claimed would be suspicious
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:16 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Giga, honestly your reads are problematic. You seem like youre afraid to fully commit to a read because everyone is null with leanings, and your main scum read is an inactive person
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:22 pm

In post 741, DoctorPepper wrote:Heres where I have a problem. Your largest scum read is someone with 9 posts.
Also in what time could I have claimed without it seeming sketchy? When exactly? Because you guys have already built up a bias against me to the point that anytime I would havr claimed would be suspicious
Well there's the reason I voted to lynch Ai_shuuu, Racer was too busy for me to make a good case on him because there's no material to work with. I think he's going to get prodded (or force replaced?) really soon anyway so hopefully I can make a better call on this later.

And, if you didn't want the claim to seem weird, you should have claimed on your first post of the day, as RC asked. Usually with a request like that (and coming from RC who I know would actually try to push a lynch on someone who refused or claimed at the wrong time), I'd be honest and claim immediately. I really do believe your claim, and I really hope we can put this whole conflict aside because the more it goes on the more I think it's TvT.

This is honestly one of the scummiest towns I've dealt with in my experience of mafia and I hate scumreading everyone, that's mostly why everyone's null. Kraska's the only read I'm confident in and I'm pretty sure RC and Fiddler are town. Maybe the tiers should be {Definitely town}, {Most likely town}, and {I guess town but I don't really think I should commit until the question that pretty much determines the side i take on this conflict gets answered}.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:27 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Like I said. I didnt claim immediately simply because I didnt see the value in it. I claimed when I did because I didnt want to waste time discussing it anymore since youre all set in super RC
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:29 pm

I think you're overestimating the amount of trust I am placing in RC.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:30 pm

I don't think that he believes what he's saying. Town or scum right now he's just trying to manipulate you into changing your read on me. I want to lynch him again. VOTE: Dr Pepper
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:32 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Go for it.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:33 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

You don't even think I'm scum, youre just pissed I keep bringing up how you have brought nothing to this game.

Hey town, i know we don't have a gladiator, but vote between me or RC today. No other options
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:36 pm

hey RC serious question that i think i asked earlier but got buried

You've been pretty strongly scumreading me throughout day 1, has that changed at all? If so, why? I'm not really concerned about the read itself, it's just that a lot of people have been emphasizing the fact I have "universal townread status" when you and racer have scumread me the whole game.

Sorry to totally divert the topic. Like I kept saying, if this
has
to be RC vs. DP, then I'm not going to be swayed either way until I can get the answer to the questions I want (since, of course, I have follow-up questions to ask after Kaori answers my popcorned question).

oh my god why do you guys have to be like this...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”