New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #3850 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

sorry that shotty is a dumbass
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3851 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by zakk »

here are some aneninen reads:
8 pages so far and I don't think I'll have time for more today.
Thoughts right now.

Could be town:
Titus (something I can't put my finger on is there in her posts which is there when she's town)
Egg (mostly recent direct meta)
Killthestory (see above)
Copper (although his 167 is not good)

Could be scum:
Ircher (those statistics + his townplay I know was very different)
Zakk (too much early noise and 85)
Shotty (too much early noise and I don't know whether it's relevant or not but that 185 bothers me)
Seth (basically everything so far)
In post 827, Aneninen wrote:Some fluffy fan-art. Don't get offended.

Readlist in Malkavian Style.

Heuristic Alone
– Were he alone, this'd be the game with the least pages ever.
Illusion Magnet
– Why don't you answer my questions? Why don't you answer my questions? Why don't you, oh, bother.
Persivul
– Either he's looking for the Holy Grail or he wants to wash the dishes. We should keep him and at the end of the party I might help. Washing the dishes is fun.
Nosferatu
– Nomen est omen, I know he's here in the shadows somewhere. I wonder what will happen if he jumps in front. If. A short word with a long meaning.
Experi-dance
– His moves tell us everything. We can believe him and hope that the hand behind his body is only the part of the coreography and it doesn't hold, let's say, a gun.
Shotty
– He's waiting at the bus stop for the vehicle that never comes. How sad.
Projector Stalemate
– Oh, those good old machines from my childhood. We used to watch those slideshow fairy-tales, you know, but every now and then we needed to stop to wait until the projector gets cooled down. Do you know what does that mean?
Zakk McCracken
– The master chef of the party! A pity that he's so lazy that he wants to make scrambled eggs in the microwave. Isn't it- BAAAAAAAOM! Oh damn.
I Am Innocent
– Most Jarre songs have more texts than he does. Need I say more?
Ircher
– He's walking on his own way no matter what happens. He doesn't seem to be worried about the penguins getting thrown at him.
Dale Cooper 223
– He has a little clockwork turtle in his suitcase. Sometimes he puts it on the table and we get happy.
Egg
– He knows how dangerous sitting on the fence for an egg could be. That'swhy he's useful. And I'm not hungry anyway.
Seth Yakuza
– Stupid autocorrect! He wanted to say "plant some tress" instead of "bomb the city". We're so insensitive.
KillTheLorry
– I'm not telling anything until you start townreading me.
Cy, The Sly Try
– He's definitely at the wrong place and wrong time. Either now or when he got his Role PM.
Ain'tneninen
– He's moving his ass so fast that he'll be able to solve the game. Two days after it has ended.
Desmond and Mollie
– He may have a barrow in the marketplace, but he doesn't have a day-off. That'swhy he's never here.
Lowell
– Bring some mushrooms from that forest, will you? Thanks!
Titus
– A lovely slot-machine. You insert the dime and get three lemons back.
TheGrowlGuy
– He's just as picky as for a possible lynch as a crow on the field full of crops and worms.
EspeciallyTheHairdesign
– I know, Titus is scum with everyone! And now, give me a leek to spin, thank you and welcome!
@UT:
idk what the difference is
permanently retired

see here for more info
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #3852 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 3840, Shaziro wrote:Zakk, you forget that Shotty claimed roleblocker. And now that I've claimed vig, UT is asking for my turbolynch.
lol two vigs

okay
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3853 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by zakk »

permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3854 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 3852, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 3840, Shaziro wrote:Zakk, you forget that Shotty claimed roleblocker. And now that I've claimed vig, UT is asking for my turbolynch.
lol two vigs

okay
yeah my thoughts exactly but how do you explain this
In post 2438, Titus wrote:@Shaziro, I am pretty sure the fake hammer ran its course.

It was the one thing that made me doubt a Persivul lynch. No one seemed to be paying attention to the game.

Also, do you think I am the vig Shaziro?
In post 2439, Shaziro wrote:No.
In post 2441, Titus wrote:Why not?
In post 2442, Shaziro wrote:Two reasons, the first of which is that I don't feel like you'd claim like that. The second is for ~reasons~ that would be bad for town to be outed atm.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3855 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:26 pm

Post by zakk »

there's no reason to float that as an SK
permanently retired

see here for more info
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #3856 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I dunno, the vig hadn't flipped yet? I'm not buying two vigs in this setup

PEdit: "but that would be dumb" is good way to talk yourself out of lynching scum
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3857 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:32 pm

Post by zakk »

on the other hand he's claimed to have shot town 3 times

either way
if he's telling the truth he should allow his shot to be directed by town popular demand
and no matter whether he's EITHER mafia or SK then the other scum will definitely kill a killing role, just like Lowell got mopped up last night

so i say we ignore shaziro and move on

vote: Titus
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3858 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:34 pm

Post by zakk »

aw fuck i was about to say HEY UT YOU CAN ROLEBLOCK HIM but then i realized you just un-claimed roleblocker

@UT: it's not "that would be dumb" it's more like "that would be suicidal" and shaziro though he's not the brightest crayon (again no offense) he doesn't seem suicidal

plus, reasons above. we should ignore him and let scum waste a kill on maybe-scum maybe-town instead of trying our luck at lynching him.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3859 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by zakk »

i have more thoughts but i'm gonna stop spamming until more people talk
permanently retired

see here for more info
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3860 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Hi I am not offline, I was just doing a marathon. I was Khadgar's Whiskers, it was boss. Anyhow, what's up Zakk?

(Also, no offense taken. I'm new, I know I've got a lot to learn.)
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3861 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 3850, Untrod Tripod wrote:sorry that shotty is a dumbass
And this explains Ircher flipping town. Fuck's sake.

Yeah, I'll follow consensus with my vig shot.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #3862 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

aight, I'll agree with chaining the SK
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3863 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by Titus »

@zakk, how often is it that scum for a Readslist with zero scum on it?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3864 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:49 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

VOTE: Shaziro

After a night of sleep and some rumination time this morning it is pretty clear he is the Serial Killer and his story doesn’t really add up.

Night One we had three kills – KTS, ETL, and Brawl
Night Two we had three kills - Copper, Expedience, and Anen
Night Three we had two kills – Ircher and Lowell

We know Lowell had no reason to lie about his claimed shots of KTS and Anen given he flipped Town.

Let’s process Shaz’s claimed shots –

KTS – if this is to be believed then he and Lowell doubled up Night one. That leave two other independent kill sources at large – the Mafia and presumably a Serial Killer.

Copper – so this Night there is only one independent kill source to be seen. Which means that either both other sources managed to double up again or from what we know claim wise Ircher was protected by the Rolestop (which I have questions about given how specific Shotty’s crumb as and how it doesn’t align with Untrod role but that can be sorted out after Shaz).

Ircher – so again only one independent source of kills – Lowell. Unless Untrod is revoking the Even Night portion of his claim then he didn’t stop a kill. Which would mean once again the Mafia and the other source doubled up on either Ircher or Lowell.

So we have two routes in analyzing this set of data.

First that Sharizo is a Serial Killer who either ETL or Brawl Night One, either Copper or Expedience Night Two and either Ircher or Lowell (although in that case Ircher is the obvious target as Lowell’s death confirms his role and screws over Shaz).

Second that Shaziro is a full Vig in a game with every other claimed or flipped active Power-role have limits (number of shots, Even / Odd) of some sort, that scum doubled up on at least one Night and maybe two pending Untrod’s clarification on his role.

Occam’s Razor clearly points to the first option. But let’s look at some posts from the dead –
In post 804, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Agree with this post/10.
Look at heur iso.

It's the goddamn definition of coasting. Most of his posts are one liners, and his only stated reads are on me (circa forever ago) and Cy, the easiest wagon in the game. It's a Large, and he has one current read, but he's here enough to answer a question directed at cy in 776 for some reason?

vote heur
Reminder – Shaziro replaced Heur.
In post 1285, TehBrawlGuy wrote:I like this whole block except for Ircher. If we can agree on a good target (i.e. Heur/seth) it seems sensible.
In post 1734, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Pers's ISO has me going both ways a little bit, but I settled on a town lean. I feel for him when he said "lynch me". I feel pretty damn similar. This game has been misrepping and confbias out the ass, while you're letting low-content/scummy content players like Seth and Heur off for free, while they get a front seat to watch the thread just devolve into crap.
Brawl was pretty damn firm on Shaz’s slot as scum. ETL on the other hand had Shaz as Town. Brawl makes sense as a kill that a Serial Killer would not want to claim given this.

Both Copper and Expedience had the Shaz slot as varying degrees of Town. Nothing to be drawn directly from their reads.

But let’s look at Shaz’s post regarding his claimed N2 shot Copper –
In post 2590, Shaziro wrote:I feel like copper was trying to help town? I don't know how helpful it will be, to be honest. I know I can't quite chew through it well to get to his point. I would be interested to see a normal reads list of his though.
This is the closest thing to a direct read from Shaz on Copper in his ISO. The other salient point from him is the following -
In post 3020, Shaziro wrote:Here's the quote. So this is you suggesting that somebody should off Copper, and he flipped town tonight. You were wrong, and were directing PRs to an incorrect target. The reason, I assume, was that I brought up that he never did the "If Titus is scum" half of his big analysis thing. That is what he agreed was bad just before painting a target on copper. Now, Copper may've been a scum kill and he may have been a town kill, we don't know. But we do know that Ircher put the target there. What's up with that, Ircher?
This doesn’t read as the reaction of someone who Vigged Copper. Notice the language of “directing PRs”. Read his interactions with Ircher Day 2. He wasn’t Town reading Ircher. That’s clear. But now he is saying he took Ircher’s advice and vigged Copper instead of killing a player he was scum-reading?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3865 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:00 am

In post 3862, Untrod Tripod wrote:aight, I'll agree with chaining the SK
For someone calling the rest of the player-list idiots you are filling those shoes admirably UT. I was reading Town Shotty but now seeing this I am worried this is scum UT from Inspirational Mafia because chaining a SK is so Pro-Scum.

There are 10 players alive. A Mafia + Serial Killer proportion in a set-up this size is probably 4-1. One Mafia down leaves 3-1-6 as the numbers as they stand today. Not lynching an claimed Scum means that a mislynch today and no cross kills and tomorrow it is 3-1-3 which means Town no longer has the majority and is more or less doomed.

Now this is a worst case scenario but the kind of thing you have to keep in mind.

Meanwhile lynching the Serial Killer means that it is 3-6 going into Night and we have one fewer Nightkill to worry about which extends the amount of lynches available to hit Mafia.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3866 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:02 am

In post 3860, Shaziro wrote:(Also, no offense taken. I'm new, I know I've got a lot to learn.)
Oh look the Newbie card ... this is more or a less a confirmation he's the Serial Killer since he retreats to the "I'm inexperienced" only after his bad claim had to have been made.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3867 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:04 am

In post 3849, Untrod Tripod wrote:I'm a rolestopper, actually
So as I mentioned earlier this is troubling. I have issues with Shotty claiming to Rolestop (aka protect) Ircher who he was scum-reading for much of the game.

Please confirm that was his Night 2 target.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3868 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:08 am

In post 3858, zakk wrote:@UT: it's not "that would be dumb" it's more like "that would be suicidal" and shaziro though he's not the brightest crayon (again no offense) he doesn't seem suicidal

plus, reasons above. we should ignore him and let scum waste a kill on maybe-scum maybe-town instead of trying our luck at lynching him.
Nope this is stupid.

Shaz was forced into claiming today due to his "reasons" post. As a Serial Killer he has to claim the only role that might not get him insta-lynched (it is going to anyway) which is Vig as for why he didn't think Titus was claiming Vig.

Scum aren't going to shoot him. They are going to either let him shoot Town (if he is leashed) or block him (remember that Titus was blocked N1? Unless you think UT is scum lying then we have a mystery blocker out there which is very likely scum).

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #3869 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:52 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 3867, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 3849, Untrod Tripod wrote:I'm a rolestopper, actually
So as I mentioned earlier this is troubling. I have issues with Shotty claiming to Rolestop (aka protect) Ircher who he was scum-reading for much of the game.

Please confirm that was his Night 2 target.
According to the mod this is what shotty did
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3870 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:55 am

Post by Nahdia »

So either shotty legit thought he was a roleblocker or was being super sketch with his abilities.

Anyway yeah I'm down with Magna' vote. I don't see a 2-shot vig and an unlimited vig being on the same team. It's probably just an SK. Only thing that bugs me is why call attention to himself? I mean again I get that Shaz is a newb but he's smart. Hhhhhrrgghhh.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3871 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:55 am

Post by Nahdia »

Magna's vote on Shaz that is.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #3872 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:22 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

maybe he's a MAFIA VIG

DUN DUN DUN

vote shaz
though seriously
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #3873 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:23 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 3865, MagnaofIllusion wrote:For someone calling the rest of the player-list idiots you are filling those shoes admirably UT. I was reading Town Shotty but now seeing this I am worried this is scum UT from Inspirational Mafia because chaining a SK is so Pro-Scum.
sick burn, bro

I mostly just didn't want to argue about it
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3874 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3872, Untrod Tripod wrote:maybe he's a MAFIA VIG

DUN DUN DUN

vote shaz
though seriously
Mafia vig is impossible
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”