lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:07 pm

Post by lane0168 »

I hope q comes back soon. Been gone for 3 days. Anyone know when they're back? That's a bad slot
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

Ill preface this with the fact that I am extreemy drunk but I am going to post anyway so whatever...

In post 664, Infinity 324 wrote:
You think lane is scum because of the bluff, yet it makes no sense to bluff without your partner calling. If lane is scum with someone other than mm, then the bluff still wasn't scum-motivated and a silly mistake just as if he was town.

Do you have any
other
reasons why lane is scum, or are you just going to continue to pretend to scumhunt using the same BS logic from page 10?
I gave other reasons. You are misrepping. This is bullshit.
In post 669, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 657, FA_Q2 wrote:Replacing out is NAI end of story. I have heard this bullshit over and over again about one replace out is scummy or one is town and they are virtually always random. Replacing out for personal reasons or because you do not enjoy playing with a particular player/play style does not suddenly evaporate when you are scum or town. Nice try though.
Wrong.
Bullshit. replacing out is NAI period. reading into it more without some sort of reasoning is reaching and asinine.
In post 680, lane0168 wrote:I seem to be pretty universally townread. If that's not the case then whoever doesn't believe it can hammer before me. But I fully intend to be on the lynch wagon today
^ scum right here.
VOTE: lane

Lane is clearly trying to justify simply hammering whoever gets to L-1. This tells me that he does not care who is lynched.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:38 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 691, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 274, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 405, Fire Assassin wrote:Lets see what this does:
VOTE: FA_Q2

Scum like to vote their scumbuddies with weak reasoning so they can back off later. In addition,
he never mentions faq2 once since this post.
He even quoted a post where I suggested faq2 get lynched but he didn't comment on him. His comment about interacting with his scumbuddies could easily be WIFOM.
This assumes that I am scum and since I am not your entire reasoning is vapid and pointless.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:47 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 700, lane0168 wrote:I hope q comes back soon. Been gone for 3 days. Anyone know when they're back? That's a bad slot
q?

If you are talking about me I posted the day before. certainly not 3 days ago;
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:57 am

Post by farside22 »

Fire: you've only voted for FAQ and MM this game and I remember MM isn't voting for FAQ, so I'm going to ask again whom jumped on FAQ?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:01 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 701, FA_Q2 wrote:Ill preface this with the fact that I am extreemy drunk but I am going to post anyway so whatever...

In post 664, Infinity 324 wrote:
You think lane is scum because of the bluff, yet it makes no sense to bluff without your partner calling. If lane is scum with someone other than mm, then the bluff still wasn't scum-motivated and a silly mistake just as if he was town.

Do you have any
other
reasons why lane is scum, or are you just going to continue to pretend to scumhunt using the same BS logic from page 10?
I gave other reasons. You are misrepping. This is bullshit.
In post 657, FA_Q2 wrote:Replacing out is NAI end of story. I have heard this bullshit over and over again about one replace out is scummy or one is town and they are virtually always random. Replacing out for personal reasons or because you do not enjoy playing with a particular player/play style does not suddenly evaporate when you are scum or town. Nice try though.
Wrong.
Bullshit. replacing out is NAI period. reading into it more without some sort of reasoning is reaching and asinine.
In post 680, lane0168 wrote:I seem to be pretty universally townread. If that's not the case then whoever doesn't believe it can hammer before me. But I fully intend to be on the lynch wagon today
^ scum right here.
VOTE: lane

Lane is clearly trying to justify simply hammering whoever gets to L-1. This tells me that he does not care who is lynched.
I notice that image asked FAQ what other reasons he had for scum reading lane, which FAQ doesn't respond to and then finds a weak reason to stick with lane as scum

For those not voting FAQ I'm officially going to ask for good reasons why they aren't.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:39 am

Post by Something_Smart »

@FA: q = qubixes.

I will say that I feel really bad about my top scumreads both being easy mislynches. I think there is a decent probability that one or both of them will flip town. Tomorrow, regardless of who we lynch and what they flip, I want to look in the players controlling the discussion, particularly farside.
In post 701, FA_Q2 wrote:
Wrong.
I once played a game where I had to replace out because I saw my friend posting in the scum PT. Now if I had shared that reason with the town, do you still think it would have been NAI?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:56 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 699, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 698, Infinity 324 wrote:-Town sometimes misrep and are hypocritical, but this is subtle enough that it makes it more likely to come from scum, like your were trying to hide it.
-I didn't imply any meta read, the fact is that scum are more likely to get upset about them getting scum read than town.
-Where's my vote again? Not giving an opinion on one of the biggest wagons despite giving a lot of content is scummy no matter the alignment of the player tbh.
-The fact that you backed up on it made me feel like you were trying to generate content and interact when you didn't really have much. As town I would've expected you to give a less strong read, or read the thread first and then give your opinions.
1) I disagree it was a misrep or hypocritical, but I don't know how I was "Trying to hide it" What? First off, didn't happen, Second off, no point because first part covers this.
2) I have no huge quarrel about being scumread, but the fact was it was based on a meta thing, which never went into detail and for all I knew was based off wildly bad assumptions of my play that is no longer true.
3) How is it scummy if the player is town? The player in question isn't worth discussing beyond the fact they are a leading wagon. Which I tried pushing with a vote, I never moved past that because it never developed into anything yet people are continuing to pressure there for reasons I can't really fathom.
4) These are good points, but I don't think you came to right conclusions on it. When you saying "trying to generate content and interact" I think, yes that is what i was going for. Then you give reasons for what my level of read should be and that I should read and come to wildly odd conclusion based on what I actually did.
-Was a misrep because I obviously wasn't trying to say that mm is town because he's new, and you criticized me for not giving reasoning when you didn't give much yourself.
-Still thought this more likely comes from scum but I'll drop the point for now.
-It's scummy because it's an important topic you avoided discussing. If you actually wanted people to get off faq2 and onto mm then you would at least give some reasoning for that.
-It was odd from a town perspective because you seemed to have a strong read based on 1 page, and as town you're much more likely to discuss actual reads instead of coming up with something to discuss.

I'll ask you again,
what are all the reasons you have for scumreading mm?
Thanks

faq2, you gave some vague reasons about lane being scum here
In post 281, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 244, lane0168 wrote:If I was scum and had day talk... And I planned a scum money dump, how do you think that would actually go? What would be the actual plan?

First of all I wouldn't do the plan if we didn't have better than a pair. And I would've been aware of jokers so a pair doesn't mean much. You can figure this out by saying I have a bad, meh, good, very good, probably unbeatable hand.

2 options to start. Either the one with the good hand goes all in, and the shit hand calls. Or the bad hand goes all in and the good hand calls.

To me, it makes sense for the good hand to go all in first. Then if town calls and there's a chance they have a better hand, the bad hand can save its money. That obviously didn't happen.

So now if the bad hand goes all in, and even if a town calls, the good hand would still go all in, because it would've been decided its a very good hand that probably wouldn't get beat.

Considering there was only one call, the only option here is me and mm.

That's no way we would do that plan unless we were very confident we wouldn't be throwing money away. Cause that'd be dumber than town going all in on a bluff.

So faq2, why aren't you voting the mm?
Because you are scummy for more than your bad play. Not only did you push a bad play but you followed that by defending yourself with character attacks (saying that others obviously do not know how to play poker) and have been almost exclusively defending without any real interest in finding scum. You also seem to be willing to throw suspicion anywhere that might not be you. That is not very townie.
But it's not true at all that lane has been exclusively defending, and flip-flopping on his reads isn't even really a scumtell. It feels like you're just pretending to scumhunt by calling the same person scum for the same reasons instead of actually trying to figure things out.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:03 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 706, Something_Smart wrote:@FA: q = qubixes.

I will say that I feel really bad about my top scumreads both being easy mislynches. I think there is a decent probability that one or both of them will flip town. Tomorrow, regardless of who we lynch and what they flip, I want to look in the players controlling the discussion, particularly farside.
Wrong.
I once played a game where I had to replace out because I saw my friend posting in the scum PT. Now if I had shared that reason with the town, do you still think it would have been NAI?
Do you disagree with my points against FAQ?
If so what?
Why do you think either will flip town now and why throw shade only on me for this?
The MM
The MM
Goon
The MM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:09 am

Post by The MM »

From the recent posts I don't feel that FA_Q2 is scum, so, for farside, you have my best reason not to vote him. My vote is fine on Fire Assassin because the more I attempt to look for towncred in his posts, the less I find. Besides, arguing on my lynch with Infinity (who I have a soft townread on) seems really far-fetched: shouldn't he try to argue with me instead? No, instead he tries to just push people to wagon for me rather than asking for some defense.
I have this soft scumread on lane like a pinch on my side because my soft townread on him melted like dog poop after I saw his eagerness to hammer. That's a really easy excuse for scum to hide and be like: "I CALLED IT I'M TOWN!". Town just don't hammer like that, without at least calling out to the lynch target, even if we're close to deadline.
Also, I think farside is in too good a position right now. I get a feel that she's just going around questioning everybody and being low on responsiveness compared to all the questioning.

Here, you have them, my three top scumreads. Wingback and BBT might be there due to inactivity making it borderline impossible to find out if they were scum.

I'm not too confident is qubixes, FA_Q2 and RedCoyote, but I feel that they're just a bit too serious and that makes me not like their vibes, so they are actually soft townreads.
Infinity feels a bit too nice to me, white-knighting and whatnot, but he's still my top townread because I doubt he's scum hiding behind that to make a friend of me: that wouldn't be an effective move to make for scum.
Waiting for the day I can come back and mod games.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:15 am

@farside:
I don't disagree with your points against FAQ, I just have a gut feeling that he might flip town, and I don't feel as confident on him as I have on wagons in the past.
I'm throwing shade on nobody for pushing him. I believe there is almost definitely one scum in the players currently receiving no pressure, I scumread your predecessor, and I haven't been super impressed by your posts thus far.
In post 709, The MM wrote:Town just don't hammer like that, without at least calling out to the lynch target, even if we're close to deadline.
I was in a game where town!lane quickhammered town with no warning or indication that he would do so, nowhere near deadline, and the game mechanic made it that because he cut the day short scum won after the following night. (Fortunately I was scum :P) And we've already seen that he's impulsive. So in this case, yes, town might do that.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:16 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 708, farside22 wrote:
In post 706, Something_Smart wrote:@FA: q = qubixes.

Wrong.
Do you disagree with my points against FAQ?
If so what?
Why do you think either will flip town now and why throw shade only on me for this?
Because he is scum
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:21 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 710, Something_Smart wrote:@farside:
I don't disagree with your points against FAQ, I just have a gut feeling that he might flip town, and I don't feel as confident on him as I have on wagons in the past.
I'm throwing shade on nobody for pushing him. I believe there is almost definitely one scum in the players currently receiving no pressure, I scumread your predecessor, and I haven't been super impressed by your posts thus far.
In post 709, The MM wrote:Town just don't hammer like that, without at least calling out to the lynch target, even if we're close to deadline.
I was in a game where town!lane quickhammered town with no warning or indication that he would do so, nowhere near deadline, and the game mechanic made it that because he cut the day short scum won after the following night. (Fortunately I was scum :P) And we've already seen that he's impulsive. So in this case, yes, town might do that.
That was so dumb. Easily my dumbest move on ms to date. Frustration lol.

@the mm, I've been a huge part in forming both those wagons. We're near deadline. Wagons don't USUALLY change that quickly although I've seen it a fair share of times. I don't have any money. People on wagons get money. I've had hard scum reads on both of these players.

Why can't town hammer like that?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:00 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 709, The MM wrote:From the recent posts I don't feel that FA_Q2 is scum, so, for farside, you have my best reason not to vote him. My vote is fine on Fire Assassin because the more I attempt to look for towncred in his posts, the less I find. Besides, arguing on my lynch with Infinity (who I have a soft townread on) seems really far-fetched: shouldn't he try to argue with me instead? No, instead he tries to just push people to wagon for me rather than asking for some defense.
I have this soft scumread on lane like a pinch on my side because my soft townread on him melted like dog poop after I saw his eagerness to hammer. That's a really easy excuse for scum to hide and be like: "I CALLED IT I'M TOWN!". Town just don't hammer like that, without at least calling out to the lynch target, even if we're close to deadline.
Also, I think farside is in too good a position right now. I get a feel that she's just going around questioning everybody and being low on responsiveness compared to all the questioning.

Here, you have them, my three top scumreads. Wingback and BBT might be there due to inactivity making it borderline impossible to find out if they were scum.

I'm not too confident is qubixes, FA_Q2 and RedCoyote, but I feel that they're just a bit too serious and that makes me not like their vibes, so they are actually soft townreads.
Infinity feels a bit too nice to me, white-knighting and whatnot, but he's still my top townread because I doubt he's scum hiding behind that to make a friend of me: that wouldn't be an effective move to make for scum.
In post 710, Something_Smart wrote:@farside:
I'm not always a chatty person because when I get in the mix I usually become a raging batch.
So I ponder what people say to me rather then react and ask is it worth the back and forth.
That said I don't see anything you'very stated that really gives great reasons to scum read a player.
Lane wanting to hammer is null I've seen players say that as both alignments.
You say you don't like my comments but that's pretty vague. I'm making a case on someone who I see as scum and I want him lynched. If he'said town sure I look the fool but I've played with the guy before and he'said not this bad at scum hunting and the misrepresentation in regards to infinty is awful.
You think fire is scum and FAQ is town then why is he not vote for FAQ who would be in your own words "an easy mislynch"?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:02 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry for some words together. I got this new phone that is making some strange word combos
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:37 am

Post by qubixes »

Unfortunately, I don't have enough time for this game. Sorry :(.

@mod: requesting replacement
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

Not in the mood for mafia games in general right now.

@Mod V/LA till the 6th.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Day and a half til deadline. I believe the mm and fa_q2 are both l-2
The MM
The MM
Goon
The MM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:06 pm

Post by The MM »

Oh, we don't have much time left. I think the situation requires a votecount.
And with extra replacements my few reads will turn out useless.

I'm liking farside's MO of not answering to avoid causing flame wars but sometimes it's unavoidable.
I hate this idea of a no-lynch but I don't feel like lynching FA_Q2 at the moment (even if he's the only person other than me who has a sorta wagon on them), so maybe I'll have to just refuse to lynch today. I know it's a bad move overall and I hate the idea, though, but I doubt scum are going to mess up this late into the day phase.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:42 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

MM, we want to avoid a no lynch at all costs. Even if you believe faq2 is town, there is a good chance either he or you will just get lynched tomorrow and we'll go back to where we started. I really think faq2 is scum, I don't usually like a lot of d1 wagons but I like this one. Vote faq2, let lane wait until deadline and hammer him.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

The MM
The MM
Goon
The MM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:00 am

Post by The MM »

I just don't like the idea, but you're right in that it proves more than a no-lynch.
For your information, I dislike being pushed around.
Are you this confident that Fire is not scum but FA_Q2 is?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:02 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'm more confident in fire being scum, but they could definitely be scumbuddies and I think a fire lynch is unrealistic today. Sorry if it feels like I'm pushing you around.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

The MM
The MM
Goon
The MM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:14 am

Post by The MM »

Seems we're on similar tracks. I hate following, but I suppose I got nothing better to do. I'm only setting my vote on FA_Q2 if deadline's too close, and he doesn't come up with some defense by then.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:44 am

@farside if that question was for me, I never said I thought Fire was scum. In fact recently I have been leaning slightly scum on him, but regardless he's too self-aware of a player to be sorted simply by whether or not he's voting a given player.

@MM I know you don't like to be pushed around, but at this point it's basically you or him. (And I'm not trying to scare you or threaten you, it's just the truth.) If we pushed another wagon now, it would cast significant suspicion on both you and FA and probably lead to both of you getting lynched anyway and on top of that it would probably flip town. No lynching is mathematically (going from odds to evens is bad) and mechanically (fewer associations and more easy mislynches still around) inferior even to mislynching.
The MM
The MM
Goon
The MM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:11 am

Post by The MM »

@S_S: You're basically saying that after a few days I'll be lynched anyway? Way to be nice.
But I get your point.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”