Newbie 1722 - Horoscopes (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:41 am

Post by innocentvillager »

Okay Bella, here's the thing

I'm really sorry that you're going through a lot of IRL stress right now, I really get it.

As an IC, we really need SOME content from you.

It doesn't need to be a comprehensive wall.

You do half or a third of that or whatever and post more later.

But it seems like you've done some amount of reading and maybe made a draft of your current thoughts up to a certain page number.

Just give us what you've got.

VOTE: Bellaphant
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:44 am

In post 105, crazycrabman wrote:From my viewpoint, Samaritan and Robbnva both seem like town to me. I'm null on BB right now, leaing town. Still a lot of people to hear from.
In post 269, crazycrabman wrote:Hello, sorry I've been gone a bit, I had stuff going on.
Didn't realize I still had this on VOTE: Unvote.

So from my perspective I can't see a Samaritan / BB team, they are buddying too closely. Robbnva is a bit of a null for me right now. I could see him flipping both ways. I'm honestly leaning a bit towards scum for him, though. The way he keeps on pushing for the samaritan vote is odd to me. I can see that he is very stressed, though, something I am not at all seeing in other games of his. Samaritan is also null for me, leaning to neither side. His first few posts where he was speaking like a computer could be him masking his real self or just be something he does.
Molla, explain your gut townread on crabman? The only AI posts I can find are these two.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:45 am

269 looks null at best and fencysitty at worst imo
Samaritan
Samaritan
Goon
Samaritan
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:50 am

Post by Samaritan »

In post 421, BBmolla wrote:
In post 403, Xalxe wrote:innocentvillager (2): Bellaphant, Performer
This is where we should be headed, one of these two

Could go crabman too but I kind of have a gut townread from his early posts that makes me lean Bella or Perf over him
Not really feeling like voting for anyone Zamboni is voting for.

VOTE: MafiaZamboni
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:57 am

Post by Robbnva »

vote: Bella
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Samaritan
Samaritan
Goon
Samaritan
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:01 am

Post by Samaritan »

In post 43, MafiaZamboni wrote:(Obviously very limited) reads so far

Performer: Town, scum wouldn't do such write ups unless they had to
Robbnva: Null, his super frequent short posts just feel scummy to me but I have no real reason to suspect him
No reads everyone else
Making excuses for what he knows are bad reasons for reads in order to try to look town.

This post reads to me like he's more concerned about how he appears than actually providing content.
In post 90, MafiaZamboni wrote:Samaritan, BBMolia and Robb's little fight there doesn't seem like a scumbuddy fight, for any of them. Bussing or redirecting attention on the first day, when we're pretty much still in RVS, sounds kind of pointless. If I had to guess I would label BB as scum because of the "lmao" and "I don't care" attitude, which comes across a little as scum trying to create a potentially annoying, yet personality. That said, UNVOTE: because I don't have anything to go on yet.

It's way too early for these types of reads probably but I have nothing better to do
Does the same thing here, essentially nullifying everything he said in his post with his last sentence.

In post 102, MafiaZamboni wrote:Well, we're officially out of RVS :P

VOTE: crazycrabman

What are your thoughts on the situation, crazy?
He never provided any reasoning for this vote.

I can't tell if it's a serious lynch vote or a pressure vote.

If it's a lynch vote... where's your reasons?

If it's a pressure vote, why should he fell pressured over a naked vote and a flaccid question?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Robbnva »

It's quiet. Stop lurking ;)
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
MafiaZamboni
MafiaZamboni
Townie
MafiaZamboni
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:56 am

Post by MafiaZamboni »

@eager: Why would he draw so much attention to himself early... period? He was liable to get caught up in some sort of policy lynch / anger vote with that computertalk nonsense, which he did, and even if the chances of him actually being lynched by it were unlikely, it still doesn't make much sense. He has defended himself well from Robb though and comes off as angry town to me, so that's just my take.

@Samaritan: Yes, I was trying to look good there because, you know, I don't want to be seen as scum. I didn't want to be caught up in some early mislynch because of some newbslip I made (I can't identify any personally but I'm sure I'm making them all the time). Reading this this sounds like hella weak justification but the thing is there wasn't really any content to provide there and I didn't want to lurk and miss out on stuff (posting helps me organize my thoughts). The only content providers were Robbnva, Molla, and you, and not much had happened aside from a fight centered around you that ended up consuming everything. Yes that vote was a pressure vote, and yes I nullified everything I said in that post with the last sentence but not because I didn't feel strongly about it because I was scum, because I'm kind of unsure of what I'm doing here. I have no idea if any reads I'm making are good or not and knowing me, that was stupid self-deprecationy stuff trying to internally laugh off my newbishness. Because yes, I do stuff like that in real life. I make silly moves while being well aware of my capability to make those mistakes, and then reflectively talk about them later while doing nothing to fix it. Including about this. But that has little to do with whether I'm scum or not so I'll stop monologuing about my problems.

You want reasons why I thought a naked vote and a flaccid question would get crazy pressured? I didn't really think it would scare him into posting detailed readlists and stuff, I just thought a vote highlighted your name and all and was more likely to draw his attention and get him to answer the question. You want me to stop being so hesitant in all my posts? Fine, I can do that, without ranting about my psyche too. But don't accuse me of being scum because I'm not the most confident person in the world, please. I still think you're town, and honestly, your analysis might have more convinced me of that because of your active scumhunting. But cut me some slack on the scumhunting department when I've never played before and don't know what a scumtell fully looks like, and don't lynch me because sometimes I lose confidence in my own stuff.
MafiaZamboni
MafiaZamboni
Townie
MafiaZamboni
Townie
Townie

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:00 am

Post by MafiaZamboni »

whew that got bigger than I intended

Anyhow, Robbnva gets on Samaritan's case as soon as the computer stuff gets old, not necessarily when Samaritan starts making what Robbnva calls scummy posts. This leads me to believe a Samaritan lynch, while it might have SOME reasons behind it, would be heavily based on confbias.

Looking back, Performer's posts do seem kind of scummy in hindsight (I'm actually writhing in pain at my own readlist back there pff) and I'd certainly like to see more activity out of him. VOTE: Performer. Performer, pls show more activity and tell us your thoughts thx
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:49 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 426, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 105, crazycrabman wrote:From my viewpoint, Samaritan and Robbnva both seem like town to me. I'm null on BB right now, leaing town. Still a lot of people to hear from.
In post 269, crazycrabman wrote:Hello, sorry I've been gone a bit, I had stuff going on.
Didn't realize I still had this on VOTE: Unvote.

So from my perspective I can't see a Samaritan / BB team, they are buddying too closely. Robbnva is a bit of a null for me right now. I could see him flipping both ways. I'm honestly leaning a bit towards scum for him, though. The way he keeps on pushing for the samaritan vote is odd to me. I can see that he is very stressed, though, something I am not at all seeing in other games of his. Samaritan is also null for me, leaning to neither side. His first few posts where he was speaking like a computer could be him masking his real self or just be something he does.
Molla, explain your gut townread on crabman? The only AI posts I can find are these two.
as lame as this is it's mainly just a tone thing. he seems very relaxed and laid back and genuinely excited.

I wouldn't stake any money on it.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:34 pm

hai guys, will probably not be posting til tomorrow night/Friday bc midterms
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by Performer »

Hey folks,

I was away for the big holiday period and then the servers crashed so I couldn't even access FM. Did a quick skim , I'm not too happy Rob had to claim . Not sure about that Rob vs Sam issue.

Anyway , there have been irl commitments that are just getting in my way to properly continue contributing as a player in FM. I sincerely apologize but I'll have to replace out. I am town. I really wanted to continue playing with Jake (who I haven't seen in months) , BBMolla, and Bella again! But at this rate, I'll just bring down the game and that's not fair to you guys, new or old.

My honest apologies to the mod - I just don't believe I can stay invested as a player in FM games, the way my commitments are going on irl now. I have a number of wedding preparation events my friend has me helping out on, my career I'm doing overtime at, etc etc.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by BBmolla »

GL with things Performer!
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

What value do gut reads hold?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Depends on whose gut
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

What value do your own gut reads hold to you?
Samaritan
Samaritan
Goon
Samaritan
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by Samaritan »

In post 433, MafiaZamboni wrote:Looking back, Performer's posts do seem kind of scummy in hindsight
What about his posts seen scummy?
MafiaZamboni
MafiaZamboni
Townie
MafiaZamboni
Townie
Townie

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:28 am

Post by MafiaZamboni »

Immediately giving up on his fishing for reactions plan like he doesn't care all that much about it, digressing onto unrelated topics that make it seem like he's adding content but really just filk the page with fluff.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:34 am

Post by Xalxe »

Vote Count 1.4

Cancer: remarkable that one plane of existence can hold so much (and so little) distance. the spaces between people, ideals, fingertipe - the sky and the sea

Bellaphant
(3): BBmolla, innocentvillager, Robbnva
innocentvillager
(2): Bellaphant, Performer
MafiaZamboni
(1): Samaritan
Performer
(1): MafiaZamboni

Not Voting
: eagerSnake, crazycrabman
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-07-15 11:18:53)

Deadline has been extended one day because of the tigers.

Performer is being replaced per request.
Last edited by Xalxe on Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:49 am

Post by Xalxe »

Maverick1102
replaces Performer.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:59 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

Excellent, give me an hour or two to read the game and I'll get back to everybody soon.

In the meantime, UNVOTE: innocentvillager
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:33 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

I'm pretty okay with a Bella lynch right now.

I lean (very slightly) scum on Samaritan, but I'm happier with the prospect of a Bella lynch. Nothing D1 really jumps out at me as 'yes that is scum' and so I'm happy to lynch a lurker.

Honestly I'm surprised there wasn't more votes on my slot when I replaced in.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:38 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

Robb v Molla & Samaritan seems quite TVT'y - I doubt any of them are scum. From my pov that leaves 5 potential lynchees: Eager, Crab, Bella, Innocent and Zambosi. Eager (as alluded to earlier) seems genuinely pissed off at being accused and came across rather townie to me. Lynching between the 4 remaining players leaves a fairly good chance of hitting scum and as also alluded to by other players previously, an inactive IC seems likely to be scum.

Weak? Yes. It's a fairly aggressive and intense D1 and that's about as good as I could glean from the day's activity. VOTE: Bella
L-1
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:51 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 446, Maverick1102 wrote:Honestly I'm surprised there wasn't more votes on my slot when I replaced in.
why you gotta amished tell
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

I'm sorry? Given the utter lack of activity from RVS I'm just surprised that there hasn't been more of a swing to inactive slots. Had I been in, say, your slot I'd have moved my vote to this slot or Bella's some time ago.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”