New York 196: My Game, My Flavor Mafia (Mafia Win)

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3150 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:44 pm

Post by Transcend »

fos
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3151 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:48 pm

Post by shannon »

In post 3146, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3144, shannon wrote:I'm pretty sure it's going to be shot down by a grown up
So... you're like a little kid?
shannon wrote: 1) Newbie games are 9:2 with a smattering of PRs, so I extrapolated from that to get 19:3 or 19:4 in this one
Games are balanced around 13 players, 10 town 3 mafia all the time. Suggesting that we have SIXTEEN town and three mafia is silly
(Note: There is 19 players in this game, not 19 town)
shannon wrote: 2) I speculated about what the roles would be, based on what's flipped and what has been claimed. I feel like I shouldn't go in to detail in case it's anti town but will if you want (I'm probably wrong anyway)
3) I think we are looking at a 'half mafia' player for balance, i.e. the traitor role
So we have:

Miller
Macho town
Jailkeeper
1-shot Vig

Mafia Naepolitan

As claims
And from that you got "mafia bulletproof traitor"

I mean it's fine to assume there's 5 mafia with one being a traitor (though that's pretty strong in scum numbers) but don't act like the roleclaims point to traitor when they don't
shannon wrote: 4) Titus claimed Masons with Dunn, with no way of knowing (if Titus is town) what Dunn's role is. I think this could actually be a way of Traitor Titus letting the main mafia faction know who she is. I think Titus might only know who one of the mafiosi is, not both of them, so she tried to save what she saw as the beginnings of a Dunn wagon using a strategy so implausible no one would believe it
5) This fits with Titus's claims that she can't tell us why Dunn is town without breaking the rules - what she's really saying is that she knows Dunn is scum but can't say why without revealing her role PM
How does a mafia traitor claiming mason with a mafia member let mafia know that they're the traitor, and not some random townie?
shannon wrote: 6) Titus' early play, to me, fits the 'bad townie' role, and she has now toned it down I think after losing the other scum
As opposed to you, who's been playing the bad person role by trying to get people modkilled?

Nothing you've done has contributed to town (except the vedith quickwagon). I bet you'd like to think you have, but you've only served to muddy the waters
(annoyingly, I'm pretty confident that you are town)
shannon wrote: 7) I do think this could be, as Zach says in , the best scum gambit of 2016

Thoughts?
You ignored, or forgot, that I also claimed 1-shot vig.

Here's my thoughts:

1. Start over without being tunneled on me and Titus.
2. The scum team isn't me and Vedith with Titus mafia traitor in a 19 person game. Point out things other people have done
3. In post you're sheeping me. What made you change your mind since then?
Can't work out how to do the quote in quote thing, so here goes.

1) Grown up refers to someone more experienced, and relative to that, I'm a kid in that I'm new. It's a joke, geez.

2) Alright, typo aside, 19 players to me is 4 scum (three and a half, with the traitor being a half player), and 15 town.

3) Yep, from that I got mafia bulletproof traitor. Actually the traitor thing came mostly from the masons claim.

4) A mafia traitor would probably find it useful to tell the other mafiosi who they are. One way of doing it could be to claim the same alignment as a known (to them) mafioso. If you were mafia and someone claimed to be masons with you, wouldn't you wonder why? Why would a random townie choose a mason gambit with another townie? (Right, because they somehow *know* the other person is town, but can't say why... that's what makes the whole thing look dodgy).

5) Trying to get someone modkilled is not naughty if you think that person is scum. Win at any cost.

6) I know you claimed one-shot vig, and immediately, someone stepped in to say that your kill hadn't gone through. Two options: Either you're genuine and were prevented from taking the shot (or the target was protected from one shot but two were made on it), *or* you were trying to draw out more info for scum and were prepared to die for it.

7) There's no need to be nasty by saying things like 'you haven't been useful but I bet you think you have'. I'm well aware that I haven't been as useful as some people have been, I'm not completely without self-awareness. It's also not conducive to good town morale.

8) You've got no reason to worry about me tunnelling you if you think I've got no sway over the game. I'm happy to support the general town wagons, and I probably won't have a go at you again, but I wanted to get this out there.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3152 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:49 pm

Post by Transcend »

tl;dr
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3153 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:26 am

Post by Transcend »

VOTE:
implosion
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3154 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:27 am

Post by Transcend »

lol
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3155 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:27 am

Post by Transcend »

VOTE: implosion
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3156 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:31 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 3151, shannon wrote:5) Trying to get someone modkilled is not naughty if you think that person is scum. Win at any cost.
:lol:

this slot flips mafia and i delete my mafiascum account

i mean it
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3157 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:57 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

That implosion vote was explosive.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3158 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:05 am

Post by Transcend »

i'm probably possibly gonna make a case on implosion tomorrow

but i'm also probably possibly gonna not give a fuck
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3159 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:29 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3138, Zachstralkita wrote:Nah you can't say this either, you went along with the mason shit, you assumed she was town or you're handing Wake a free lynch card and if you keep talking like that it just might slip into his hands

I was talking about day 2.

Of course you were butting in with him so
If you claim masons with someone Day 1 you can do a lot of things but you do NOT try and figure out their alignment Day 2 because it shoulf have been quite obvious to you in the first place.

Transcend wrote:
fos

Hey Transcend what color are your eyes
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3160 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:30 am

Post by Transcend »

blue
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3161 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:43 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 3160, Transcend wrote:blue

Yeah I got my eye on you you shifty fuck I'll catch you slipping
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3162 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:50 am

Post by Transcend »

;-;
Airick10
Airick10
Goon
Airick10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3163 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:52 am

Post by Airick10 »

In post 3095, Zachstralkita wrote:
Airick10 wrote:
In post 3076, Zachstralkita wrote:Well it was a shitty soft claim. Are you implying he was my partner and I bussed him in the end? LMAO
Yes, I'm saying that's entirely possible. I'm looking at votes and what happened at night and asking questions. As I've said, I think it's plausible to believe someone who voted Vedith was scum. I tend to believe it was one of the early votes. It's also plausible someone who did not vote Vedith was scum. Out of the five people who voted Vedith before the blitz wagon, I find Performer and your actions the most suspicious.
You've got a better chance landing a fucking plane than landing a lynch on me, and I hope you're a pilot.

I'll also note that while you find mine and Performer's actions the most suspicious, you have cast a vote on no one.
First of all, funny enough I do fly planes and have landed hundreds of times. :lol:

You're pretty defensive over some simple questions, that you...kind of...answered. Such as why you'd revote Vedith after you unvoted him due to his soft claim? You're saying it was just a shitty soft claim. Okay, I trust your actions more then I do your words. You're correct, I have not voted anyone yet. That's because I haven't narrowed down the top scum target on my list. I'm going through D1's vote totals and trying to find scum. Yes, I'm suspicious of you, but haven't voted you yet.

I'm also going to dig through the non-Vedith voters and see if I notice anything that strikes me.
In post 3090, shannon wrote:Yay server is back up!

Airick can you explain why you are soft defending Mirhawk with the null read in 3084? There are only four votes on him, why try to derail the wagon before we get a response from him?
A null read means soft defending him? A null read is a null read. I think the key is the vote on shannon. Is he that stupid to leave his vote with Vedith on shannon? Maybe. I have to look at his votes again, but I don't recall him ever joining in on the TItus, Agar, or Vedith wagons.
I'm attacking the Mirhawk wagon because there's no substance behind it. It just appears he's the choice of the day for no real good reason. If Mirhawk is our choice for the day... fine, but put some reasoning behind it.
In post 3099, Dunnstral wrote:By the way Performed is town so I insist you cease this wagon immediately
In post 3121, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Performer
This is hilarious
In post 3107, Wake1 wrote:It's like that awkward silence where the guy who realizes you have to look at past interactions Day 1 gets ignored even though he knows what he's doing.

WAIT NO WAIT. Don't look at early Nos-slot interactions. Might be dangerous!

Let's keep voting players NOT based on interactions with dead flipped Scum slot!
Absolutely. But to add to this, who voted on who and why?
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3164 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:59 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 3144, shannon wrote:
In post 3126, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3124, Wake1 wrote: Unless you're an alt you really
don't
give the impression that you know what you're doing.
You're worse
OK I have a theory and I'm pretty sure it's going to be shot down by a grown up but I want to try it out.

Titus is a bulletproof mafia traitor and Dunn is regular mafia.

How I arrived at this (and point out any flaws as you see them, there are heaps I'm sure).

1) Newbie games are 9:2 with a smattering of PRs, so I extrapolated from that to get 19:3 or 19:4 in this one
2) I speculated about what the roles would be, based on what's flipped and what has been claimed. I feel like I shouldn't go in to detail in case it's anti town but will if you want (I'm probably wrong anyway)
3) I think we are looking at a 'half mafia' player for balance, i.e. the traitor role
4) Titus claimed Masons with Dunn, with no way of knowing (if Titus is town) what Dunn's role is. I think this could actually be a way of Traitor Titus letting the main mafia faction know who she is. I think Titus might only know who one of the mafiosi is, not both of them, so she tried to save what she saw as the beginnings of a Dunn wagon using a strategy so implausible no one would believe it
5) This fits with Titus's claims that she can't tell us why Dunn is town without breaking the rules - what she's really saying is that she knows Dunn is scum but can't say why without revealing her role PM
6) Titus' early play, to me, fits the 'bad townie' role, and she has now toned it down I think after losing the other scum
7) I do think this could be, as Zach says in , the best scum gambit of 2016

Thoughts?
I'm not saying anything about this post but if they're both scum it's the slimiest victory ever and I'm going to have PTSD.
Airick10 wrote:
In post 3095, Zachstralkita wrote:
Airick10 wrote:
In post 3076, Zachstralkita wrote:Well it was a shitty soft claim. Are you implying he was my partner and I bussed him in the end? LMAO
Yes, I'm saying that's entirely possible. I'm looking at votes and what happened at night and asking questions. As I've said, I think it's plausible to believe someone who voted Vedith was scum. I tend to believe it was one of the early votes. It's also plausible someone who did not vote Vedith was scum. Out of the five people who voted Vedith before the blitz wagon, I find Performer and your actions the most suspicious.
You've got a better chance landing a fucking plane than landing a lynch on me, and I hope you're a pilot.

I'll also note that while you find mine and Performer's actions the most suspicious, you have cast a vote on no one.
First of all, funny enough I do fly planes and have landed hundreds of times. :lol:

You're pretty defensive over some simple questions, that you...kind of...answered. Such as why you'd revote Vedith after you unvoted him due to his soft claim? You're saying it was just a shitty soft claim. Okay, I trust your actions more then I do your words. You're correct, I have not voted anyone yet. That's because I haven't narrowed down the top scum target on my list. I'm going through D1's vote totals and trying to find scum. Yes, I'm suspicious of you, but haven't voted you yet.
Damn it. What are the odds?

Okay I answered your questions and you still believe I even COULD BE scum. It is an exercise in futility. For you.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3165 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:36 am

Post by Mirhawk »

So I'm back and all, I got some catching up to do it seems.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3166 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:38 am

Post by Titus »

Prod dodge not feeling well. Across all games.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3167 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:59 am

Post by podoboq »

VOTE: Titus
I continue to trust Wake more than any other player in this game, and I think it's
adorable
infuriating how all the fake masons seem to be intentionally misunderstanding his read on the Nos interactions.

By the way, still feeling like shit somehow. Sorry for the inactivity.

PS: I could see Mirhawk as scum. He wasn't this lurky when I played with him as town in Musical Mafia.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3168 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:01 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3119, Dunnstral wrote:I'M WILLING TO MOVE

Nobody has a GOOD reason to get performer
In post 3120, Dunnstral wrote:Zach wants to get performer because he's replacing out is basically the core part of his case
What even is this? Am I misunderstanding this, or is there some kind of joke in there, or is Dunnstral just an idiot?
"There's no real case on performer....... Vote: Performer"
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3169 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:05 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

podoboq wrote:
In post 3119, Dunnstral wrote:I'M WILLING TO MOVE

Nobody has a GOOD reason to get performer
In post 3120, Dunnstral wrote:Zach wants to get performer because he's replacing out is basically the core part of his case
What even is this? Am I misunderstanding this, or is there some kind of joke in there, or is Dunnstral just an idiot?
"There's no real case on performer....... Vote: Performer"
Well, there were no complaints on my end as you can see.

@my dear mod, I will be sorta V/LA and posting at night time for like the next 2 weeks but I won't abandon you like I did my hopes and dreams. I am fleeing the country(going on vacation)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3170 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:11 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3167, podoboq wrote:VOTE: Titus
I continue to trust Wake more than any other player in this game, and I think it's
adorable
infuriating how all the fake masons seem to be intentionally misunderstanding his read on the Nos interactions.

By the way, still feeling like shit somehow. Sorry for the inactivity.

PS: I could see Mirhawk as scum. He wasn't this lurky when I played with him as town in Musical Mafia.
You're scum aren't you?

Mirhawk v Performer, which is scumier?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3171 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:14 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3170, Titus wrote:You're scum aren't you?
Ya got me! Everyone who understands the logic for how your slot is incredibly scummy must be scum.

Unless I missed something today, Wake is the only person who made an actual case on anybody, so unless someone produces something more damning on another slot, I'm gonna go ahead and stay here for now.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3172 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Titus »

@Podog, the "logic" is that I changed my mid and triggered a mad rush to lynch scum.

Why did you dodge my question? Answering which of mirhawk/performer is scummier doesn't require you to move your vote. You should be able to state reads on the slot even if "cases" haven't been made. It wasn't like there was a "case" on Vedith as well.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3173 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:00 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3172, Titus wrote:@Podog, the "logic" is that I changed my mid and triggered a mad rush to lynch scum.

Why did you dodge my question? Answering which of mirhawk/performer is scummier doesn't require you to move your vote. You should be able to state reads on the slot even if "cases" haven't been made. It wasn't like there was a "case" on Vedith as well.
I didn't realize your question on mirhawk/performer was aimed at me. I honestly don't see performer scum yet, although I haven't been rereading his iso. Mirhawk hasn't done anything yet that I consider "scummy," but as I've said, he's more lurky this game than the one game I played with him as town.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3174 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:06 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3103, beeboy wrote:
Sits and waits for Varsoon.
...for what, exactly?

I've got no leads besides still kinda wanting a lynch on Titus.
Dunny can be fine for now.
Oh, also, I can confirm one player as town, by the way, but only after a certain condition is met.
I don't know if that helps.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”