Micro 622: Queen Mafia GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On
Goon
The Show Must Go On
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by The Show Must Go On »

Votecount 1.13:

Aristophanes (4): GuiltyLion, TellTaleHeart, duppin, Elyse,
Elyse (1): Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin (1): Wingback
Wingback (1): BulletNLynchproof
GuiltyLion (1): Postie
BulletNLynchproof (0):
Postie (0):
TellTaleHeart (0):
duppin (0):

Not Voting (1): Aristophanes

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch.

Day ends in (expired on 2016-07-12 17:00:00).

Song:
Queen: 39

Notes:
Thirty nine!
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:44 pm

Post by duppin »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Vote Postie

I'm going to ask you for the third time (or fourth?), what was the purpose of #?

I fail to see the town motivation behind it. Basically what you said was that you agreed this wasn't his town game but just him playing differently, which honestly just implies that he could be either alignment. That is correct.
Seeing as you agree it isn't his town game, don't you think it is a good idea to pressure him to get a better read? I thought so, apparently you did not because otherwise I do not see why'd you post that. I felt like you were trying to discourage me from voting on him but on the otherhand you weren't willing to commit to a townread. Seemed a bit like fencesitting.

So what I wanted to know was why you did not agree with my vote on him. The most logical answer was that it was because you were townreading him, so I asked you if you thought him playing differently was towny. Your response was no, but in the very same post you claimed you had a gut town read on him, which I thought was a bit weird but it could possibly explain why your post, although I still don't like how you worded it.

But if that is the case, please explain why you thought he was town at the time? Because the posts you brought up in # all came after #, so obviously they couldn't have been part of your initial gut read on him.

Anyway, I still find Aristo suspicious, but at the moment I think you are more likely to be scum. You could very well be scum just fishing for townc redit (if Aristo is a mislynch). I think this would explain the weird progression of your read. (playing differently > gut town read > hard defend). In this world it would seem like you tried to keep your options open at first (# feels a bit like fencesitting) but then when questioned you commit to a townread on him.
It's also possible it was just you posting just to get some content in.

So yeah Postie, plx stop dodging and answer my question. Why did you feel the need to question my vote on Aristo? If it was because you were townreading him, why were you being so cryptic and can you explain your town read? (as in why you were townreading him at this point)
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:12 am

Post by Elyse »

^great post
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:43 am

Post by BNL »

In post 257, BNL wrote:
In post 227, Postie wrote:
In post 226, Aristophanes wrote:but what about your townread on Elyse?
In post 205, Postie wrote:I think she's town but it's more of a gut thing at the moment. I just get weird protesty vibes from her posts that feel town somehow.
^
In post 226, Aristophanes wrote:Your scumread on BNL?
was bad. BNL is bad a lot but that post is like scum-bad.
Just finished a marathon game where he was scum and his reasoning was similarly bad so I'm no longer willing to give him the benefit of the doubt right now.

VOTE: BulletNLynchproof
In post 226, Aristophanes wrote:Your change from that to GL?
His felt like contrived garbage.
So you unvoted me to give me the "benefit of the doubt", but here were the posts I made before you unvoted me:
In post 179, BNL wrote:Never mind, Postie is town. Back to Elyse~

UNVOTE: Postie
VOTE: Elyse
In post 188, BNL wrote:
In post 162, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 157, BNL wrote:It's mainly because he's new, and this makes me have a tendency to mark what he does as NAI. I'm planning to hold off reading him until after a while (~7 days into D1).
I don't think this is necessarily a scummy thing, but I also don't see how it's useful. Can you just give me some thoughts about his original Elyse push or his switch to Fire Assassin?
What are you referring to that isn't useful?

I found unnatural due to the vote attached. He was already scumreading Elyse, so why only vote her then? Can't tell if the "was going to do that earlier" part is genuine. Though I do know that newbies do this in general (check Asphodel's h_a case in recently completed Mini 1791), so doubting its scumminess.

I didn't agree with that Fire's was "giving up". Though it just seemed like he didn't understand that it was a joke.
Can you tell me what's that about "benefit of the doubt"?
In post 189, Postie wrote:Not feeling my BNL vote any more.

VOTE: GuiltyLion
In post 261, BNL wrote:
In post 253, duppin wrote:
In post 246, Postie wrote:
In post 245, duppin wrote:I'm honestly not sure what to think of this post. You agree that this does not seem like his townplay, so where exactly are you going with this?
In post 244, Postie wrote:I agree but I see little reason to suppose this is scum!Aristo as opposed to just different!Aristo.
I still don't get the point. It sounds like you're trying to discourage me from voting on Aristo for no apparent reason. I honestly don't think your post makes much sense, so I ask you gain, what was the point of it?
I am also agreeing with duppin here that Postie seems to be discouraging the Ari wagon subtly... but the Postie/Ari conversation at the top of page 10 definitely doesn't look like scum/scum interactions.

Postie, can you explain what "different Aristo" means?
Postie, please answer my questions.
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:48 am

Post by BNL »

In post 265, duppin wrote:
In post 262, BNL wrote:Duppin can be back to town.
Back to? Does that mean you had a townread on me earlier? If so, could you explain why it changed please.

You went back to null because you started being lurky. You are now town again because I liked your weird push on Aristo for not voting Postie.
GTKAS - BNL

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:50 am

Post by duppin »

In post 304, BNL wrote:
In post 265, duppin wrote:
In post 262, BNL wrote:Duppin can be back to town.
Back to? Does that mean you had a townread on me earlier? If so, could you explain why it changed please.

You went back to null because you started being lurky. You are now town again because I liked your weird push on Aristo for not voting Postie.
It seems like I missed that post, my bad.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:53 am

Post by BNL »

So I'm also starting to scumread Postie now, mainly because her read progression on Aristo seems really fake. If not for townpoints mentioned in she'd probably be my top scumread.
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:09 am

Post by BNL »

Regarding Postie read progression on Aristo:

There was mainly not much stance on Aristo until , where she mentioned a gut townread on Ari. (Until she explains what "different" Aristo is I can't really call that stance.

explanation of read

And in the next post , "I'm very much opposed to this wagon", "Unvote please" implies a strong townread on Aristo, which looking at her ISO before that, is garbage.

Her other reason that can justify this is "lack of a counterwagon". I'm currently unsure about this, but will look into this now.
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:20 am

Post by BNL »

also pinged me hard. It read to me as "duppin, I hate your questions and I don't want to answer them; let's talk about something else." Deflection. Something like change of subject (though the question wasn't serious).
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:24 am

Post by BNL »

In post 298, TellTaleHeart wrote:Alright-y, I'm about to go to sleep but I am all caught up on reading the thread.
Quick thoughts: I like GuiltyLion for town and I still like my vote on Ari. I would be good with that or a Postie lynch.
Why do you say that you like your vote on Ari even though he was at L-1?
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:57 am

Post by BNL »

In post 307, BNL wrote:Her other reason that can justify this is "lack of a counterwagon". I'm currently unsure about this, but will look into this now.
The reason I found this suspicious initially is because I thought I saw some contradictions in her posts, but it turned out that I just got confused when she mentioned wagons a lot in different contexts.

I still feel that this could be scum making up reasons for unwillingness to lynch Ari, though. Even if this isn't the case, "also" means that the counterwagon part doesn't contribute to her supposedly strong townread on Ari.
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:59 am

Post by BNL »

UNVOTE: Wingback
VOTE: Postie

I actually
really
want to move here now, despite earlier strong townpoints on her.
GTKAS - BNL

TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:13 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 309, BNL wrote:
In post 298, TellTaleHeart wrote:Alright-y, I'm about to go to sleep but I am all caught up on reading the thread.
Quick thoughts: I like GuiltyLion for town and I still like my vote on Ari. I would be good with that or a Postie lynch.
What's the relevance of him being at L-1 to how much I like the vote?
In , the cobbled-together, loaded-word filled ("backtracking" "flipflopping") BNL read doesn't give much of an indication that the BNL read is solid or legitimate.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:58 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

TTH you scumreading Ari?
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Spoiler: Yes
In post 312, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 309, BNL wrote:
What's the relevance of him being at L-1 to how much I like the vote?
In , the cobbled-together, loaded-word filled ("backtracking" "flipflopping") BNL read doesn't give much of an indication that the BNL read is solid or legitimate.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Now I'd like to hear why that's even a question for you because the only thing you've done with me this game is give me these weird potshots.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 313, Fire Assassin wrote:TTH you scumreading Ari?
Did you just ask someone if they are scumreading the person they are voting for?

I want updated thoughts from you on the game.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by Postie »

Alright so one of BNL/duppin is scum. Cool.
But in all seriousness what the fuck. If you're both town here I'm going to preface every one of my posts post-game with a sad-looking orange. Not even joking.

Give me a moment to respond to duppin's wall.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 315, TellTaleHeart wrote:Now I'd like to hear why that's even a question for you because the only thing you've done with me this game is give me these weird potshots.
How was that question a potshot? I do agree, that question was bad and I am feeling very lazy as of late and that isn't what I am tryign to do with this account. It just a general thing going on with this being hard to get into.

My reads right now are that you are town, so I don't know what your point about potshots is really coming from?

Reads-
Town:
You, Postie, duppin
Null:
guilty lion, BulletNlynchproof, wingback
Scum:
Aristophanes, Elyse

Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by Elyse »

Why are you scumreading me again?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 301, duppin wrote:I'm going to ask you for the third time (or fourth?), what was the purpose of #?
And I'm going to give you my answer for a second (or third?) time: I agree this doesn't feel like Aristo's townplay, but it also doesn't feel like his scumplay, so my was me pointing out the flaw in your logic if you were scumreading him for it.
In post 301, duppin wrote:I fail to see the town motivation behind it. Basically what you said was that you agreed this wasn't his town game but just him playing differently, which honestly just implies that he could be either alignment. That is correct.
Seeing as you agree it isn't his town game, don't you think it is a good idea to pressure him to get a better read? I thought so, apparently you did not because otherwise I do not see why'd you post that.
I assumed your vote was a serious vote, not a pressure vote. It would have helped if you'd have said this earlier. Your vote wasn't accompanied by any attempts to engage Aristo, which is what I'd have expected from someone trying to put pressure on him, and so it came across more like an opportunistic jump onto his wagon and/or vote parking. Which is why I called you out on it.
In post 301, duppin wrote:I felt like you were trying to discourage me from voting on him but on the otherhand you weren't willing to commit to a townread. Seemed a bit like fencesitting.
If not having a read on a player is fencesitting then I guess I was fencesitting.
In post 301, duppin wrote:But if that is the case, please explain why you thought he was town at the time? Because the posts you brought up in # all came after #, so obviously they couldn't have been part of your initial gut read on him.
I didn't. I disagreed with your vote on him because I didn't like the reasoning behind it.
In post 301, duppin wrote:Anyway, I still find Aristo suspicious
Why?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by Postie »

If there's an actual case on Aristo I'd like to hear it.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 242, Elyse wrote:239 pings me so hard. The overjustified, apologetic unvote of Bullet, the slight shade at Postie, the ridiculous defense of Bullet at the end when you were voting him like two posts earlier.

That was such an awkward and complete backoff of Bullet for "towny toned posts that you missed". Like are you even reading the game? You've "missed" a crazy amount of posts.

I wouldn't be surprised with a Bullet/Aris scumteam.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 311, BNL wrote:UNVOTE: Wingback
VOTE: Postie

I actually
really
want to move here now, despite earlier strong townpoints on her.
BNL, explain to me why I should believe this isn't an opportunistic scum-jump. Because that's exactly what it looks like.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 319, Elyse wrote:Why are you scumreading me again?
Previous points, and I thought your defense was like "ohh you are such a hypocrite" and you came to believe I was a VI, which tends to be what a scum would do in that situation I think. It might be more confirmation bias on my part, but I think your reaction you thought you were being scumread for bs reasons, even though you have scum role pm.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”