Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:22 am

Post by Twomz »

I am going to go ahead and
vote: Cephrir
for reasons listed previously.

I could also see a Zoneace wagon as well. Dybeck probably is not scum and I dunno about CKD.

So now we just need for everyone to post (lol?)
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:28 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Wikipedia wrote: Cosa Nostra was first used, in the early 1960s, in the United States by Joseph Valachi, a mafioso turned state witness, during the hearings of the McClellan Commission.At the time, it was understood as a proper name, fostered by the FBI and disseminated by the media. The designation gained wide popularity and almost replaced the term Mafia. The FBI even added an article to the term, calling it 'La Cosa Nostra'. In Italy the article 'la' is never used when the term refers to the Mafia.
THIRD VOTECOUNT

Cephrir
(4) -curiouskarmadog , WhoMe? , davidangelsummers , Twomz

ZONEACE
(2) - dybeck , Kison
curiouskarmadog
(1) - Cephrir
dybeck
(1) - ZONEACE

Not voting
( 8 ): Sonicpulsar , Blight , ChocolateAttack , Flyinghawk , killerbob , Tarhalindur , thinktank , Kanaga

Needed for a lynch: 9 votes
Negotiable deadline: 27 days

If by deadline no one has 9 votes player with more votes is lynched
If two players have same number of votes lynch is decided by duel
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:04 am

Post by Cephrir »

Wonderful post, Twomz.

"Hey, I agree with everyone else. I think I'll vote for who everyone else is voting for, for reasons used by everyone else."

Really wonderful.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:52 am

Post by thinktank »

FoS: Twomz

Though Cephrir is suspicous it doesnt seem like you've provided enough evidence or reason to vote him.
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:12 am

Post by Twomz »

I
listed reasons yesterday and today and out of the four main cases I decided it would be best to pursue Cephrir.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:23 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

bold is me.
Cephrir wrote:
So why arent you taking responsibility for Karen’s lynch? You just said you didn’t lynch anyone, now you are back pedaling saying everyone who voted is responsible, which is it?
I have taken responsibility for voting Karen SO MANY TIMES. WHAT PART OF WHAT I AM SAYING IS NOT GETTING THROUGH TO YOU. I DID NOT LYNCH ANYONE. I VOTED FOR SOMEONE WHO WAS LATER LYNCHED BY A MAJORITY INCLUDING MY VOTE. WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND.

If your vote was on the final lynch count that lynched someone, you did lynch that person (along with everyone who voted for her)..the fact you keep stating you didnt lynch Karen, says to me you are trying to avoid your repsonsibility.

Yet more back pedaling. Did you not comment on your stance on Green Day or was he one of the most suspicious of the non-dybeck players. Also, what is a point of making a scum list if you don’t want 2 out of the 3 lynched?
We were making scum lists. So I made one. The idea behind scum lists is "hey, these people are suspicious", not "I WANT TO LYNCH ALL OF THESE PEOPLE, THESE SHOULD BE OUR LYNCHES FOR THE NEXT X DAYS!!!"

Jesus, more back pedal...so did you want to lynch the people on your list or not? AND, by having someone on your list, arent you providing a stance on that person?

So the fact that I think you are scum makes me a liar? You are ridiculous. So were you lying when you made your top 3 “scum” list? Strange double standard when it is convenient for you.
See, that was what I like to call a "joke". "Jokes" are supposed to be "funny".

In the future, can you please provide a quote tag for jokes? It is a cop out when someone pressures you about a lie or a misrepresentation to say "I was just joking"

You still have not explained what lynch means to you? All you said is that everyone who voted takes responsibility, yet you are not taking responsibility by saying you didn’t lynch anyone. As for Thorn, you just lied saying you never stated you provided a stance, yet, you did several times. Who here is really lying?
I gave a stance on Thorn, and that stance was that I didn't really care. When did I say I never gave a stance?

You stated Thorn/Greenday was on your scum list yesterday? You now want us to believe that you dont care that you think you found scum?

Where is the lie? You have stated my opinion.
Oh, so you actually think half the players in this game are stupid or scum. I'm sorry, I assumed you weren't being ridiculously condescending.

Nice appeal..."look guys, he thinks everyone who voted for Karen was either scum or simple minded, lets get him"

I wrote:A couple posts where I FoSed Green Day
I wasn't pushing the wagon that hard. "Strongly push" is a massive overstatement. My scumlist is not a push, as I am being forced to repeat, I only wanted to lynch dybeck from that list. The last one is not a push at all, I said I "wouldn't mind" which has really been my stance on Green Day/Thorn all along, if he/she gets lynched, fine, if not, fine.

Again, did you have a stance or not? Did you think he was scum or not? Dont you want to lynch scum? Why dont you care either way?

Do you even realize how excrutiating it is arguing with you because you twist my words in stupid ways to make me look bad? Well, it's awful.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Cephrir »

Nice tags.
If your vote was on the final lynch count that lynched someone, you did lynch that person (along with everyone who voted for her)..the fact you keep stating you didnt lynch Karen, says to me you are trying to avoid your repsonsibility.
We all lynched her. I, myself, just me, didn't. It took all of us. Together.
Jesus, more back pedal...so did you want to lynch the people on your list or not? AND, by having someone on your list, arent you providing a stance on that person?
THE ONLY PERSON I WANTED TO LYNCH ON THE LIST WAS DYBECK. I HAVE PROBABLY SAID THIS AT LEAST THREE TIMES NOW. THE OTHER PEOPLE WERE JUST PEOPLE I FOUND SUSPICIOUS, THEY WERE NOT LYNCHWORTHY IN MY OPINION AT THAT TIME.
You stated Thorn/Greenday was on your scum list yesterday? You now want us to believe that you dont care that you think you found scum?
I didn't "think I had found scum". When I think someone is suspicious, I don't automatically get into the midset of "OMGOMGOMG THIS PERSON IS OBV SCUM". That's why there are
numbers
on the scumlist. 1 is the most suspicious.
Nice appeal..."look guys, he thinks everyone who voted for Karen was either scum or simple minded, lets get him"
Well, from your response, I gathered that this is/was your opinion. Is it not?
Again, did you have a stance or not? Did you think he was scum or not? Dont you want to lynch scum? Why dont you care either way?
I had a stance. That stance was as follows: Somewhat suspicious but there are others I would rather get rid of. I was ambivolent about the lynch because there were others who I wanted to lynch a lot more than I did Thorn. I'm making this extremely clear so that when you inevitably ask me this question again in the future I can quote it.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:42 am

when you provided your scum list, how were people to know from that particular post that you just wanted to lynch dybeck?

yes, It was my OPINION (think you stated it as a lie earlier, glad you came around)..I think scum and simple minded people who wanted an easy Day 1 lynch was on that wagon, what is your point?

so your stance was you didnt really care about someome you had on your scum list?..then why make a list? Dont give me that crap again about everybody was making list, everybody was not.

Fruthermore, your vote is on me becaue of my "blantant lies" but you ahve failed to show one lie...this vote on me is nothing but an OMGUS vote..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by Cephrir »

CKD wrote:when you provided your scum list, how were people to know from that particular post that you just wanted to lynch dybeck?
Maybe you could have gotten a hint from, I dunno, the fact that I've been voting for him constantly?
CKD wrote:yes, It was my OPINION (think you stated it as a lie earlier, glad you came around)..I think scum and simple minded people who wanted an easy Day 1 lynch was on that wagon, what is your point?
Cephrir wrote:Oh, so you actually think half the players in this game are stupid or scum. I'm sorry, I assumed you weren't being ridiculously condescending.
so your stance was you didnt really care about someome you had on your scum list?..then why make a list? Dont give me that crap again about everybody was making list, everybody was not.
I made a list to but out my opinion and suspicions. I found Thorn mildly suspicious. Not enough to want to vote for her. I am not going to keep repeating this at you, I've said it so many times that it's obvious you're looking for stupid ways to twist my words or you're not reading what I write.
Fruthermore, your vote is on me becaue of my "blantant lies" but you ahve failed to show one lie...this vote on me is nothing but an OMGUS vote..
I haven't removed my vote from you because you are being so ridiculously, exagerratedly STUPID that you can't possibly be doing it accidentally.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:22 pm

Post by Sonicpulsar »

So yeah, I'm very busy. If I haven't made a contribution to the game by Sunday night, I'm gonna ask for a replacement.
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:53 am

Post by dybeck »

unvote, vote: Cephrir

Zoneace and Cephrir are both scum, but Cephrir is more annoying.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

Oh, yeah, I think I'll just
not
defend myself from retarded accusations. Would that be better for you?
Bartleby the Scrivener
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:56 am

actually voting for yourself would help.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Cephrir »

No thanks, as much as I am not having any fun in this game anymore I don't really want to let down the rest of the town by handing the game to you and dybeck.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Blight »

Hey, sorry I haven't been more active in the last few days. Been busy with work and school. I'll try to post something tonight.
And behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:53 am

Cephrir wrote:No thanks, as much as I am not having any fun in this game anymore I don't really want to let down the rest of the town by handing the game to you and dybeck.
LOL, you havent helped the town once....if you are not having any fun (appealling to emotion) get replaced.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:01 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I would get replaced, but I don't want to make the replacement waste reading the thread just to get lynched by tunnelvision and the blindly following town. And if you say I haven't helped the town (although I have been actively scumhunting), how have
you
helped the town? Or, really, since we haven't hit scum yet, how can it be said that anyone has helped the town, without currently knowing the alignments of their suspects?
Bartleby the Scrivener
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:27 am

Post by dybeck »

Cephrir... a word to the wise...

If you have any hope of saving your scummy ass, you'd be better off bussing one of your scummates. At least, try not to turn on the most clearly pro-town acting people in the game.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:58 am

Post by Cephrir »

If I had scumbuddies, I wouldn't be dumb enough to bus them right now.

Oh, and you and CKD are definitely not protown. Give me one thing you or CKD has done that can be considered protown other than being against townie lynches, since the two of you can obviously use the knowledge you have, being scum, to avoid being on the lynches of townies.
Bartleby the Scrivener
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:07 am

Post by dybeck »

mod: can we have some prods on the non-posting members of this game please?
Kanaga
Kanaga
Townie
Kanaga
Townie
Townie

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:59 am

Post by Kanaga »

I'm sorry for being inactive for a bit. Right now it's just Cephrir, Dybeck, and CKD arguing and I guess I have to choose a side so
Vote:Cephrir
. I hate his "UR DUMB" attitude. The "vote, not lynch" arguement is pretty stupid too and I don't like it.

Cephrir and Thinktanks case against Twomz doesn't make much sense, considering CKD wrote a bunch of big posts showing the case against Cephrir. All the reasons had already been stated.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:09 am

Post by Cephrir »

See, I usually don't have that attitude. But when someone is being intentionally obtuse, it really bothers me. The vote/lynch argument should never have happened, but the way CKD was saying that implied things that weren't true. And I don't have a case against Twomz, I think he's fine. I may be misreading your post there. And CKD definitely hasn't put together a serious case against me, if he has I've definitely refuted it just like I have all of his craplogic.

Honestly, this is the first time I've ever actually gotten really pissed in a mafia game, and it's not fun when that happens.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:11 am

Post by Cephrir »

I mean, I don't really
think
CKD is as stupid as his posts, I think he's pretending not to understand a single word I'm saying. If he wasn't trying so hard to twist my words, the vote/lynch argument would never have happened.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:26 am

Post by Twomz »

@ Cephrir: Well, you did use it and it was not a very good argument and he called you on it. The end goal of every vote is to lynch, that is why votes and bandwagons put pressure on players, if there was no consequence then there would be no power behind the vote. If a player is lynched and you had a vote on them, you lynched them. The only way to say that you did not want a person lynched would be to either not vote or unvote them.

And you cannot say that you "refuted" someone else's arguments. You "think" you refuted them, or you "attempted" to refute them. It is up to the other players to decide if you did an adequate job defending yourself.

However, I do see the straw-manning argument somewhat.

Also, I never noticed a case against myself, from either Cephrir or Thinktank... and big posts do not necessarily mean good cases. So far I have not seen a good case in the game... but the best one so far is against Cephrir (thus my vote).
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:43 am

Post by Cephrir »

I wasn't using it as an argument against him, I was pointing out that he was exaggerating. I disagree with your definition of lynching someone, but that really doesn't matter at this point, it's just a minor thing.
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”