Micro 622: Queen Mafia GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On
Goon
The Show Must Go On
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:09 am

Post by The Show Must Go On »

Votecount 1.18:

Postie (3): duppin, GuiltyLion, TellTaleHeart
Aristophanes (1): Elyse
Elyse (1): Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin (1): Wingback
BulletNLynchproof (1): Postie
Wingback (0):
GuiltyLion (0):
TellTaleHeart (0):
duppin (0):

Not Voting (2): Aristophanes, BulletNLynchproof

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch.

Day ends in (expired on 2016-07-12 17:00:00).

Song:
Queen: Killer Queen

Notes:
Dynamite, with a laser beam, guaranteed to blow your mind!
Last edited by The Show Must Go On on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Aristophanes »

@GL, re: Postie's Scum Partners

I don't recall Postie being a big busser, and I'd have to check, but I'm fairly certain she is rather against it when possible. Because of that, and her stance in this game, I'd say it is quite unlikely she would have done so. This makes it very unlikely that there is scum in GL, BNL, or Fire (Fire being the weakest of these reads).

She has suspected TTH and Duppin, but not acted on them. Having TTH with GL in the "Lynch these when I flip town" thing could be her throwing a scum mate in there to throw us off the scent.their disagreement looks unnatural and seems like a good way to distance should they lose Postie. The timing and placement on the wagon supports this.

Duppin interactions have been a lot of easy questions, as if he's throwing her a bone and helping her get a footing. Asking the same questions a few times also let's her be annoyed/angry (which people often townread) and let's her post "content"(even though it's just repeating the same content).

This is the pool I'd expect her scummates to be in. Distanced and shaded, but not pushed, and creating fake content.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:41 am

Post by duppin »

Wait what, are you really suggesting me and Postie could be scumbuddies?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 427, duppin wrote:Wait what, are you really suggesting me and Postie could be scumbuddies?
Indeed I am!
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:46 am

Post by duppin »

So you think I start a train on my scumbuddy for defending the player I was pushing? (You)
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:59 am

Post by Wingback »

Caught up to page six. I'll catch up fully in the next hour or two but I want to make a checkpoint here as my reads are surprisingly well-developed for so early in the game.

Postie and Aristophanes are scumreads. Postie's townread on Elyse in struck me as
exactly
the kind of read I would make as scum if a townie incorrectly townread me. I don't see how Postie could have genuinely formed that read given Elyse's content so far but I do see it making a lot of sense as scum not wanting to antagonize Elyse and shake that read.

Aristphanes's doesn't make sense in context of as TTH, Fire Assasin and Duppin have already pointed out. He also strikes me as under the radar and fluffy early on in the game although these are not conclusive so I'll see how I feel after catching up.

TellTaleHeart is a solid townread for either saying exactly what I was thinking (Postie) or being the first to make a valid point (Aristo), on both these major issues. Duppin's discussion with Fire Assasin and generally probing scumhunting has me leaning town on him as well. BNL's reads in general made sense given his posting so far and I also liked his saying what I was thinking on Duppin. Fire Assasin's case on Elyse was bad but I don't find it scummy. In fact, I found Fire's general activity and engagement to be town. Elyse's response to it looked town. I thought Fire made himself a rather easy target by pushing such a case but Elyse not jumping on him and pushing back when it would have been so easy to do makes me lean town.

GuiltyLion is a null read. If I'm wrong on one of Postie or Aristo, that's where I'd look. I did think the comment in that everyone looks town enough looked like a townie thought process so I have a very slight townlean there. I also do feel that Postie pushing an early counterwagon to Aristophanes makes sense for a partner to do which makes both of those scumreads stronger.

Going to go through the next twelve pages now. Let me know if there's anything specific you need elaborated on or want me to look at.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:16 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 429, duppin wrote:So you think I start a train on my scumbuddy for defending the player I was pushing? (You)
I don't think you gave yourself much choice really.

Had you not reacted as you did, questioning her town lean on me, it would have been weird. From there it escalated into a way where you couldn't have backed down without suspicion being on you should she flip. I would say that your walls were a saving grace, as it would be a bit much for a bus, but neither of your arguments against each other are very good, as if they weren't meant to actually create a wagon.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:17 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I gotta read that Wingback post! :)
- Jingle
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 am

Post by duppin »

In post 431, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 429, duppin wrote:So you think I start a train on my scumbuddy for defending the player I was pushing? (You)
I don't think you gave yourself much choice really.

Had you not reacted as you did, questioning her town lean on me, it would have been weird. From there it escalated into a way where you couldn't have backed down without suspicion being on you should she flip. I would say that your walls were a saving grace, as it would be a bit much for a bus, but neither of your arguments against each other are very good, as if they weren't meant to actually create a wagon.
It would have made sense if you thought I was bussing or attempting to distance myself from her by doing this and then banking on the lynch not going through yes, but saying I backed myself into a corner where I had to vote on her makes no sense. I think you should go back to her post that started it all (#). If you truly still believe that to be the case, then I'd like you to point out exactly when it happened, especially given the context (as I was questioning her).

What I get from this is honestly just that you're not really paying attention to the game if this is what you believe. If she is scum then it is possible I am bussing her (but let's be honest, still fairly unlikely), but I honestly think the reason you provided is rather absurd.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:17 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 430, Wingback wrote:I also do feel that Postie pushing an early counterwagon to Aristophanes makes sense for a partner to do which makes both of those scumreads stronger
This is referring to her vote on Fire Assassin, correct? Why do you call the FA vote an early counter wagon when Elyse was already an early counterwagon? Like I feel like you could make this point about Postie pushing any non-Aristophanes wagon, or any non-Postie player pushing a non-Aristophanes wagon, it doesn't actually link the two of them together (outside of hindsight if they are actually both scum).

idk I like most of the things that you've said but they feel a little
too
consistent with the current thread temperature. I'd rather flip within Postie/Aristo first though.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 396, duppin wrote:I'm sorry what? That's honestly a pretty bad argument. Basically you're saying my logic is flawed if I'm scumreading Aristo for not playing his towngame? Just because it doesn't feel like his usual scumplay does not mean I can't find it suspicious.
In post 396, duppin wrote:And to be honest I don't really agree that I should say that I'm just doing this for pressure.
In post 396, duppin wrote:Him not playing his town game = most logical conclusion is he is not town.
This seems to be at the heart of our disagreement and I'm not sure there's much we can do about it other than agree to disagree.
I strongly oppose any assertion that anyone not playing to their typical towngame is likely scum because of it. Playstyles can vary from game to game.
In post 396, duppin wrote:But your post gave the impression you thought he was town
Yeah, but, I didn't. Not much else I can say there.
In post 396, duppin wrote:It sounds like you are reaching the conclusion that him not playing his town game or scum game (which I can't tell yet) makes him more likely to be town and that's the logic I don't get.
And again, that's not even remotely what I'm saying. I'm saying that him not playing to his typical towngame doesn't make him scum, and have formed a townread on him
independantly
of that.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Postie »

BNL joins my townpool! And no, that's not because something something reverse OMGUS. It's because the way he's jumping on and off my wagon makes little sense from a scum PoV.

RE: OMGUS accusations - just because I am scumreading the people on my wagon does not mean I am OMGUSing them. I'll go into detail on my reads in a bit so you have a clearer picture of where I'm at.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Postie »

Hey GL, tell me what you think of Ari's please.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Postie »

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

426 is super bad. As duppin pointed out, the idea that duppin and Postie are scumbuddies is ridiculous. Also Ari ruled out Fire far too easily, saying that you wouldn't "bus" him when he wasn't really ever close to being lynched.

I was hoping to see if he came close or mentioned my latent suspicion of a Postie/FA team (assuming Town!Ari) and he didn't even seem to consider it, ruling it out for an arbitrary and illogical reason. So it wasn't what I was looking for, and he's scummier for it.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by Postie »

So his post was scummy for not being logical enough and not agreeing with you enough? Do I have that right?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by Postie »

Oh yeah and

UNVOTE:
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 440, Postie wrote:So his post was scummy for not being logical enough and not agreeing with you enough? Do I have that right?
Yeah, pretty much
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Postie »

Yeah, Ari, see, this is what I was talking about. GL should know better than this.

VOTE: GuiltyLion
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Postie »

Oh my god I was just clicking randomly through GL's post history to find a town game to refresh my memory of what town!GL felt like... and for some reason I clicked quite a while back to a game from 2015 and just like... this is just perfect...
In post 21, GuiltyLion wrote:Biggest thing for me (that I still always try to focus on) is to think about motivation/intent, rather than transparency/clarity/effort/sometimes-even-literal-content. It's very easy to nitpick at something that someone does that you didn't understand, or that you didn't like, and assume they must be scum for it. However this is a dangerous fallacy because something is only truly scummy if doing it benefits scum more than it benefits town, if scum are more likely to do it than town would.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Postie »

Here let's put those side-by-side...
In post 442, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 440, Postie wrote:So his post was scummy for not being logical enough and not agreeing with you enough? Do I have that right?
Yeah, pretty much
In post 21, GuiltyLion wrote:Biggest thing for me (that I still always try to focus on) is to
think about motivation/intent
rather than transparency/clarity/effort/sometimes-even-literal-content
. It's very easy to nitpick at something that
someone does that you didn't understand, or that you didn't like, and assume they must be scum for it
. However this is a
dangerous fallacy
because something is only truly scummy if doing it benefits scum more than it benefits town, if scum are more likely to do it than town would.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by Postie »

Explanations and things!

FIRE ASSASSIN

In post 59, Fire Assassin wrote:I was compelled to say that because i want to hear more from them in general? Getting an idea of their thoughts might help me understand their thought process and whats going through their mind? I feel like that is the most stereotypical answer I can give you but I also feel like your question is such a time waster. The only reason I am answering it is because I don't want to just post stuff like "Why are you asking stupid questions?"
This feels town. I do not know why.
In post 130, Fire Assassin wrote:For example what is your motivation in telling me I have the worst case ever on you?
Trying to get me to change my mind? Discredit? It doesn't seem to be point out flaws.

What is motivation in me to "frabricate" a case like this on you?
I tend to think a town player would either see sincerity in attempts to sort players and just throw me off as misguided town
, but you take the fence position.

I might be conf biasing my read here
, but I really want you lynched more now.
The bolded here is an incredibly towny way of thinking, especially the first bit. The "why can't you see how town I'm being!?"-mindset is something that's very difficult to fake convincingly as scum.
In post 141, Fire Assassin wrote:Nice post. I give it 10/10 stars.
Want to go into your read on aristophanes anymore? He hasn't posted in awhile, but this game is kind of dead so lets make busy talk!

see this is me making busy talk
I definitely think scum!Fire in this position would avoid getting snarky, because it makes this post come across as a lot less helpful than it could have been if he hadn't.

ARISTOPHANES

Explained in post and /.

IPROBABLYSUCK/WINGBACK

In post 28, Iprobablysuck wrote:Wait, is there really THREE votes on Aristophanes this early in the game? I get its RVS but I've never seen the point in piling more than one vote on somebody in RVS. Not saying anybody there is scum but I don't think you should put somebody onto L-2 so quickly.
I'm not sure why but this paranoia and the way he's expressing it feels extremely towny.
In post 55, Iprobablysuck wrote:Okay, first off, I wasn't ''worried'' about it. I'm not retarded and I know none of you would actually be dumb enough to hammer on page 2.

Secondly I HAVE seen three votes on somebody before in RVS. I just never seen the point, make up your own joke, don't piggyback off of someone else's :/

And that little comment was to try and kickstart discussion. The game wasn't really going anywhere by that point so I decided to give us a little push.
And the way he gets slightly offended here about people's comments about his comment is a pretty damn towny follow-up and looks really genuine.

ELYSE

In post 95, Elyse wrote:
I'm guessing FA is going to say I'm scum with Aris for saying that FA is looked upon favorably for the Aris wagon which is stupid since I obviously meant that he's at the forefront of the Aris push.
He looks good for scumhunting and stuff. And I'm also scumreading Aris, so if you incorrectly interpreted it as me saying he'll look good because Aris is flipping scum, that's in line with my reads.

If it's something else then idk lol.
Gut town vibes from this, especially the bolded.
In post 350, Elyse wrote:You're literally blowing things up to try to make me look bad and now you're backtracking on your read like I thought you would earlier.
Strong townfeels from this.

Now that I've noticed Elyse's join date and post count I'm a bit less confident on this read, but she's still a very solid townlean.

BULLETNLYNCHPROOF

Just the way he took me off L-1 and started rethinking his read struck me felt town. As scum it would really make more sense to keep me at L-1 and hope someone hammers.

So that leaves GuiltyLion, TellTaleHeart, and duppin. I want GuiltyLion lynched today for what I highlighted in ;
GL is playing directly contrary to how he
knows
he should be playing the game as town.
After that town needs to decide between TellTaleHeart and duppin. My gut says TTH is the second scum but idk.

tl;dr vote GuiltyLion
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 446, Postie wrote:Just the way he took me off L-1 and started rethinking his read on me felt town.
EBWOP
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

I am not lynching postie today, Id prefer a aristophanes wagon much more:
VOTE: Aristophanes
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On
Goon
The Show Must Go On
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:03 pm

Post by The Show Must Go On »

<->

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”