Mini 1802: Paint Mafia Sequel - Game Over!

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by Nahdia »

is this going somewhere
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:12 pm

Post by Nahdia »

sorry to disappoint but yeah it was p much just that one haphazard post where u said bella "can be town" which pinged me like a rager pings his lane while getting ganked.

that is, a lot.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 899, pieguyn wrote:no, no, no. there is a huge difference between saying "I think pie is town" and structuring your entire game around giving me a false sense of security/making sure I don't catch on to you scum reading me, because it's that important that you're able to color flip me the next day (i.e. just as one example I can think of, even if you said something along the lines of "I'm weirded out by pie's post X", that would potentially tip me off and ruin what you were going for...) thinking I'm in such a good position as scum and thinking that the only way to lynch me is to get me color-flipped is incongruous with you now apparently claiming you weren't putting any effort into making sure my color-flip would be accurate.
i think u should read what u just wrote here and really ask urself if it makes any sense because im a card carrying member of mensa and idk what ur on about tbh yo

-Zaphkael, 2020
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:25 pm

Post by pieguyn »

you said in your entire gameplan yesterday was hard townreading me so that my color flip today would still be reliable, and that everyone besides Ranger was town reading me. it is clear that this was motivated by you thinking I was in such a good position that the only way you'd be able to get me lynched is by color-flipping me. I've outright said that the optimal play for scum in this setup, if given the chance, is to paint one of themselves blue immediately. thus, in order for this to work, it would have to have been of utmost importance to keep the read on me 100% hidden - if I so much as suspected you scum reading me, then there would have been a very good chance I would color-flip myself, breaking the plan.

this is not something that is trivial to do. in addition to openly hard townreading me, you can't so much as hint that you might have a scum read on me, and there are close to infinite ways this could happen... for instance, you can't comment on any of my posts striking you as off, you can't say that you take major issue with any of my reads, you can't back up anyone else who happens to scum read me (or even profess a town read on them in a way that makes it obvious you back up their read on me), you can't hint that you dislike the composition of a wagon I'm pushing, or a whole bunch of other things... it's something you'd have to be thinking about fairly consistently, since even if you so much as made it obvious there was something up with the way you were playing, without hinting at all as to what it was, I might have suspected you'd flip out on me.

now you're acting as though all you had to do was just throw out "I think pie is town" a few times, which is completely incorrect. moreover, if the read on me was really that important to you, it doesn't even make sense. you can't say that your entire plan yesterday was to give me a false sense of security, and then turn around and say that all you did was make a few throwaway comments about me being town - that is what I mean when I say "incongruous"

add to that the fact your actions around deadline don't line up with having me/Katsuki as scum reads and I don't get the impression you're really forming reads here. it reads to me more like you thought the Zulfy push was a good way to generate town-looking content and act like you had a read you believed strongly in, and there it was.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:40 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

wouldn't vote: pie, spiff, dwlee, ranger, nahdia, rc, brawlguy, myself
would vote: zulfy, bella, kats, itle

like, zulfy's reaction to fake gladiator seemed town to me but yuteele was so scummy. and nahdia scumreads him and is blue (da ba dee ba). together these are good enough for me to vote him

so sure ok i guess
VOTE: itlepip
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:47 pm

Post by pieguyn »

ftr I don't have any issue with Zulfy's posts (despite disagreeing with basically all of them) and UTL's posts looked town to me.

can someone explain in detail why they take issue with UTL's posts?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:55 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 904, lalaladucks wrote:spiff
also, can you walk me through this?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:31 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Pieguy: Yea itle is probably scum
Pieguy: Jdnbbdhdh nahdia scum sjzjdjdhfjjdjjd
I prefer they, thanks :)
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:37 am

Post by itlepip »

In post 907, Dwlee99 wrote:Pieguy: Yea itle is probably scum
How does this work? Are you scumreading Pie?

Also you'd think you could have BSed a scumread on me by now.
Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

"Show him the fucking bread"
-Ether June 12, 2016, at 11:14 pm EST
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:49 am

Post by Katsuki »

ducks why am I suddenly someone who you would vote for again when you called me town earlier?

Your reads have not been genuine and you refused to engage me when I replaced in while you were busy calling my slot scum without reasoning.

Anyways
VOTE: ALALALALA**CKS
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:47 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 903, pieguyn wrote:you said in your entire gameplan yesterday was hard townreading me so that my color flip today would still be reliable, and that everyone besides Ranger was town reading me. it is clear that this was motivated by you thinking I was in such a good position that the only way you'd be able to get me lynched is by color-flipping me. I've outright said that the optimal play for scum in this setup, if given the chance, is to paint one of themselves blue immediately. thus, in order for this to work, it would have to have been of utmost importance to keep the read on me 100% hidden - if I so much as suspected you scum reading me, then there would have been a very good chance I would color-flip myself, breaking the plan.

this is not something that is trivial to do. in addition to openly hard townreading me, you can't so much as hint that you might have a scum read on me, and there are close to infinite ways this could happen... for instance, you can't comment on any of my posts striking you as off, you can't say that you take major issue with any of my reads, you can't back up anyone else who happens to scum read me (or even profess a town read on them in a way that makes it obvious you back up their read on me), you can't hint that you dislike the composition of a wagon I'm pushing, or a whole bunch of other things... it's something you'd have to be thinking about fairly consistently, since even if you so much as made it obvious there was something up with the way you were playing, without hinting at all as to what it was, I might have suspected you'd flip out on me.

now you're acting as though all you had to do was just throw out "I think pie is town" a few times, which is completely incorrect. moreover, if the read on me was really that important to you, it doesn't even make sense. you can't say that your entire plan yesterday was to give me a false sense of security, and then turn around and say that all you did was make a few throwaway comments about me being town - that is what I mean when I say "incongruous"

add to that the fact your actions around deadline don't line up with having me/Katsuki as scum reads and I don't get the impression you're really forming reads here. it reads to me more like you thought the Zulfy push was a good way to generate town-looking content and act like you had a read you believed strongly in, and there it was.
you're seriously overestimating the amount of thought i'm putting into this game, pieguyn my friend. i think you're falling into the trap that many highly competent players do where they hold every other slot to the same standard they hold themselves. put yourself in my mindset, the mindset of someone of someone who is proverbially too cool for school, and maybe you'll see where you went wrong.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Nahdia »

like, the decision to loudly townread you and then try to get you flipped the next day was one i made in an instant when you made a particular post i felt was really really really scummy. it didn't inform my entire play the whole day. it just informed a few posts of my play. saying it was my entire gameplan was an exaggeration on my part because i can.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 908, itlepip wrote:
In post 907, Dwlee99 wrote:Pieguy: Yea itle is probably scum
How does this work? Are you scumreading Pie?

Also you'd think you could have BSed a scumread on me by now.
I'm telling pie to stop getting distracted from real scum :cool:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I have way too many scurmeads. urgh.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 909, Katsuki wrote:ducks why am I suddenly someone who you would vote for again when you called me town earlier?

Your reads have not been genuine and you refused to engage me when I replaced in while you were busy calling my slot scum without reasoning.

Anyways
when i flip town, lynch this

katsuki i'm conflicted with my read on you because i don't want you to be scum but my gut tells me you are
tsq was scum anyway (says my gut) @_@
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 906, pieguyn wrote:
In post 904, lalaladucks wrote:spiff
also, can you walk me through this?
the majority of his reads i have agreed with, he's low-efforting here which reads town to me. i think he'd be trying harder not to be scummy if he actually were scum
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 914, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 909, Katsuki wrote:ducks why am I suddenly someone who you would vote for again when you called me town earlier?

Anyways
when i flip town, lynch this

katsuki i'm conflicted with my read on you because i don't want you to be scum but my gut tells me you are
tsq was scum anyway (says my gut) @_@
So why is it that when I was trying to sort you upon replacing in you decided to avoid me like the plague? If you were conflicted would you not have tried to sort me like you have many times before? I've never seen you do that in any of the other games I've played with you before, and you ewre town in all of them.

I'm just a juicy mislynch target to you and it saddens me that that's how you see me.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

V/LA July 10th - July 17th due to a family vacation
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by Ranger »

RadiantCowbells wrote:I have way too many scurmeads. urgh.
I'll help.
Zulfy's scum.
pie's scum.
Everyone else is therefore town.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 916, Katsuki wrote: So why is it that when I was trying to sort you upon replacing in you decided to avoid me like the plague? If you were conflicted would you not have tried to sort me like you have many times before? I've never seen you do that in any of the other games I've played with you before, and you ewre town in all of them.

I'm just a juicy mislynch target to you and it saddens me that that's how you see me.
:/ this game is draining. i don't think i avoided you specifically but i will admit i avoid the thread b/c it's just not that fun when everyone's so srsbsns and asking for reasoning and effort!

idk what you want from me man, it feels like you're scumpainting me and that pings me hard

i don't recall you appealing to my emotion in previous games where you were town either though
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I'm not appealing to your emotion, I'm pointing out why you're scum.

I just want you to be town. It's all I ever wanted. : (
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 918, Ranger wrote:
RadiantCowbells wrote:I have way too many scurmeads. urgh.
I'll help.
Zulfy's scum.
pie's scum.
Everyone else is therefore town.
wait 3 scum in an 18 player game?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

omg this is a 13 player game
I'm a trash can
gg
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 920, Katsuki wrote:I'm not appealing to your emotion, I'm pointing out why you're scum.

I just want you to be town. It's all I ever wanted. : (
"it saddens me"
<<<<<<<<<<
appealing to FUCKING EMOTION

": ("
<<<
EMOTION

i am town you numbnut >____________>
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks