Newbie 1718 [Game Over!] Mafia

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

ditto but more later.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

Extending deadline by 24 hours to account for site downtime.

Restarting Kaori's prod starting now due to site downtime.

Still looking for a Racer64 replacement.

VOTECOUNT 2.1
Player
Being voted by (in chronological order)
Number of Votes
1. Kaori Miyazono gigabyteTroubadour, kraska77
2. fiddlercrabontheroof
3. gigabyteTroubadour
4. Racer64 DoctorPepper
6. kraska77
7. RadiantCowbells
8. DoctorPepper RadiantCowbells

Not voting: Kaori Miyazono, fiddlercrabontheroof, Racer64

NEW!!!!
Deadline to lynch is in (expired on 2016-07-16 21:37:02)

With 7 eligible to vote, it's 4 votes to lynch

Please let me know if there are errors in the VC, or if you have any questions in general. Don't forget to bold such requests to me.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:25 pm

Lycanfire replaces Racer64, welcome him!
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I'll go through the whole thread when I get back from work, thanks for having me
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:22 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

i had to drink to take notes for this game and i think i'm putting myself in harms way if i go any further than page8 for the night. i hope you're all happy.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 am

Post by kraska77 »

Such activity
Very posts
Much scumhunting
Wow
fiddlercrabontheroof
fiddlercrabontheroof
Townie
fiddlercrabontheroof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:34 am

Post by fiddlercrabontheroof »

Hello Lycanfire! That's a pretty bitchin' nickname. Sorry for all the stuff you have to read lol.

Also, going through some of Kaori's ISO's had pretty much convinced me he's scum, or at least he's got some serious 'splainin to do. I'm not gonna vote until he comes back, though, because I wanna hear his defense, but if he doesn't return soon or give a good answer, I'm voting for him.

Intent to vote: Kaori
"I'm very gay. I'd like a few dollars."
- John Mulaney
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

My internet is bad. This is a prod dodge til my ISP fixes their shit
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:41 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Thoughts

-Racer's content wasn't bad knowing that he was town, but despite trying to analyze people, he never bothered pushing a read. I don't blame any one for voting him and the day1 Racer votes were obvtown.

-The MNS wagon yesterday was bad. Post #240 was made up bullshit and Kraska got a round of applause for having such a great opening. MNS said it was RVS, then said it wasn't after House's reaction. Kraska saying #18 is too late for RVS is lazy. It certainly wasn't late, because House sure didn't like it (#24). She eventually made a good post, but it was read as bad, w/e good interactions
In post 240, kraska77 wrote:anyway...back to scum hunting
i think we should lynch makesnosense today. i know this has been mostly covered by others already, but the case seems to have lost momentum for some reason so i want to bring it back into picture. im confident about this one. there is just no town motivation or reasoning behind any of the moves/explanations they made. says their house vote was made with the intention of collecting more information, but house was already talking. no matter how i look at it, it just doesnt add up. then says it was RVS, but even then, considering that the mood of the game had clearly picked up from just "random voting" at the point when that vote would cast, it still makes no sense to choose to pressure a person who is already very actively engaged in the game. seems to me like mafia trying and failing to anticipate a potential wagon.
-Kaori is obvtown. Her entrance was scummy. House nailed it, but all it did was force Kaori to spill her guts about trying to discern his alignment. I pegged him as town early on, so I don't see why. NS/Kaori explicitly stated knowledge of House/RCs meta which was never denied. If I trust this, it's town intentioned. Otherwise it goes over my head.

-I have in my notes to have Dr Pepper hang several times, but for some reason people decided discerning House and RCs alignment was more important than putting him to L-1 for the shitposts of #52, #61, #91, #107, #139 (this one was almost ok, then he ruined it) #142, #157, #169, #174. he wanted to lynch foe, who I thought was pretty townie, then seemingly vanished when kaori entered, and after the dust settled he appeared to offer lipservice about how she seemed ok. Associatives don't say much, their interaction was about Kaori, with Kaska going aggro and DP unconvinced, so this is a negative tie. Key(smurph/kraska) did interact and tie himself strongly to DP once, and I mainly dismissed it as too obvious/simply scum intentioned from key. My problem is that my two scummiest choices interacted twice across two replacements with two opposite types of interactions. The only moment where I thought DP was ok when he claimed, but he has ignored a would-be easy lynch, went onto RC, then onto Racer for some reason. Also, I don't agree that if DP's scum, his aggression on RC would be strange, but flipping in #769 sure is. His town sweetspot was on RC, who he maintains as still scumread.

So to get day rolling-Kraska/DP scumteam thoughts. VOTE: Kraska Kraska is the most scummy, particularly post 240, scumreading Kaori to being on the Aishuu wagon. Yes Aishuu imploded, but I already said I'm reading Kaori as town and said day1 Racer votes were town, so a not-caught-up Fiddler landed his vote in a very innocent place. The entire scumteam is on this wagon. I don't want to see any other lynch today, but I don't want to finalize anything without finishing my notes.
In post 625, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:I'm pretty sure the entire wagon vs. ai_shuuuu was town, but if anyone disagrees I'd like to know...
Consider this to be your answer. if you don't agree, vote me. We're only looking at the foe/aishuu wagon today.

----

full list of reads is possible. i'm willing/happy to elaborate on any of this i would on request i simply have no interest in making a wall case at 4am knowing that i'm getting up at 6 and spending a portion of my morning completing deep analysis in a thread that makes me question every second post.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:04 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

Ah, yes, the loop I've been waiting to be thrown into all game.

If I somehow cannot post anything beyond this one line: If we're lynching
anyone
on the ai_shuuu wagon, it's DP.

I don't really see how Kraska's 240 is bs. The timing of MNS's vote was bad, post #18 is normally fine for an RVS vote but it was placed on the wrong person and with no clear indication of a motive. That's what made it suspicious. Not enough for a full-on scumread, of course, but Kraska did say that she was exaggerating her read on MNS in order to pressure him (it was not until KM appeared that it became a full-on lynch-vote). I can see town-motivated reasons to do that, and Kraska was pretty much committed to pressuring that one slot for the whole day.

So, if you're going to scumread Kraska, I have to ask – why would she pick MNS as her mislynch and not change it when no one else joined her? There was a perfectly fine mis (assuming that DP/Kraska is the scumteam) lynch in Harlii that started pretty shortly after that.
In post 30, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Personally, I dislike makesnosense's vote because House didn't even get the chance to clarify that he made a RVS vote that was tangential to Harlii's.

A reason would have been nice, but during RVS I'd be willing to let a move like that slide
if
he had voted for literally anyone other than House. Without a joke reason, I'd be incredibly skeptical of MNS if it tried to say it was an RVS vote.
^ This post still sums up my thoughts on the whole thing.

I do like your thoughts on scum!DP but as I have iterated on multiple instances, I'm still trying to sort something out and I need Kaori's input before I can ultimately make a decision. I know focusing on nighttime events isn't usually good play but my thought process is literally at an impasse because I can't ask the questions I actually need to ask.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

One, I find it incredibly odd that you, Giga, dont think both scum could have been on the wagon i pushed.

Two. Lycan makes me okay with my vote. Me ignoring a would be easy lynch would be the shitty thing to do if I was scum. Why fight a losijg battle with RC. And then you discredit my Racer vote despite the fact that me and RC called for a truce for 3 days.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:28 pm

In post 810, DoctorPepper wrote:One, I find it incredibly odd that you, Giga, dont think both scum could have been on the wagon i pushed.
The only person on the ai_shuuu wagon I've scumread at any point of the game is you, and it's such a null read that I don't feel ready to push it yet...

Just because ai_shuuu was a townflip doesn't mean I feel I have to scumread one of the people on the wagon. My gut tells me that scum took a hands-free approach to Foe's wagon because really Town needed House and I to get onboard since we both have stated intent to jump on, and then someone else to hammer after reading RC's wallcase. There wasn't really a need for scum to get people interested in the wagon, it was pretty much already there.

Out of all of the major wagons on day 1 (DP, Harlii, Foe), I think the scummiest was Harlii's. Again, this is mostly gut, but it is notable that the Harlii wagon essentially consisted of the same people as the Foe wagon (RC, me, House, DP, Racer). The only notable difference is that Racer was there instead of Kraska (and that RC got off as soon as DP voted, hence no hammer). I don't see that as a reason to say that Racer/Lycan is a scumslot because of my gut, though, I still want to look into the exact posts around the wagons and haven't really.

Also probably sometime soon I'm going to do yet another ISO dive of Kaori. Don't know if I'll write a wallcase (seems redundant with Kraska's, no?) but I definitely want to see where Kaori's "obvtowniness" comes from.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:19 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

I think you underestimate the possibility of scum lynching ai_shuu, Im sure we have 1 guy on it as scum, and 1 guy who stayed off the wagon
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:03 pm

In post 812, DoctorPepper wrote:I think you underestimate the possibility of scum lynching ai_shuu, Im sure we have 1 guy on it as scum, and 1 guy who stayed off the wagon
who do you think it is?? like I get Racer saying it'd be you and kraska, but I have no clue who you'd answer...
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:03 pm

i called lycan racer and for that i am sorry :(
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:42 pm

Post by kraska77 »

I'm honestly considering replacing out if this is the level of scum play in this game. Not challenging or fun in the least and lazy as hell
Literally every single thread of logic that lycan laid out in post 808 follows from a blatant misrepresentation of my 240 post. Suffice to say, the entire post is torn to shreds if i quote this post by me:
In post 475, kraska77 wrote:boi...im glad this game is finally picking up pace...its exciting now but so frustrating at the same time </3 lol
In post 458, House wrote:
In post 450, Kaori Miyazono wrote:I would also like to point out how Kraska's grown much more urgent in the desire to lynch me since I set her in my sights.
TBF, she's been scumreading your slot since she replaced in, so her enthusiasm at seeing her pet scumread lynched is understandable.
no. if you want to say something in my defense, this is not it. like i said while i did think mns to be scummiest when i first replaced in, i did lots of hyperboling(saying stuff like "im pretty sure" when i only had them at like 70% scum, given that 50% is null) to get them to talk. i knew lynching mns with his lack of activity or interaction with most players besides house would not generate much information. and i was ready to do something more useful with my vote if my pressuring did not work. but then koai replaced in and only now do i
actually
want them lynched. like im done with the pressuring or whatever. pretty sure this is a scum slot now
See, I could chalk it up to you not having caught up yet or sth. Except you have and if you've read as far dp claiming then you definitely read my post too. The above post was also not the only instant where I explained the nature of my initial vote on mns, there's another one too. And I'm not gonna dig it up for u. Because I know you read it.
There are a billion things wrong with lycan's post that I cbf to point out right now. Let's start with the very first paragraph where he says racer did not make a real push on anyone so he understands why people find him scummy. Okay interesting. Exactly why is harlii town then? Because I'm scum reading him for the exact same reason.
Also nice work with the koari read. You're like hey guys kraska is scum so it follows koari is town and her case on koari is bs. You even say koari's entrance is scummy and applaud house for nailing it, then imply that koari acquitted himself as town later. Except koari has done pretty much nth since his entrance+accidental alt reveal. He has done nth since house's tunnel on him. That is like pretty much the bulk of his posts in the game so far. So you admit it's scummy lol
This feels like scum worrying that too many people are being town read and that town is trusting eachother and wanting to divide town again

I cbf to write more ive long since lost interest in this game

VOTE: lycanfire
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:47 pm

Post by kraska77 »

Ummm okay I was a little bitchy in my last post with regards to losing interest and what not. Since that is also partly my fault. I'm usually very jokey jokey, don't really know why I feel inclined to be pushy/aggressive this game...so I'm probably playing a big part in making this game not fun and for that i am sorry
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:57 pm

Post by kraska77 »

Actually the more i think about it the more i realise how much of an ass ive been so far, sorry guys :( let's make this game fun and stuff
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:59 pm

Suddenly busy as shit. Tomorrow I promise or replace out.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:04 pm

tbqh kraska i am actually very much enjoying your prescence here at MS MafiaScum

^ not that my townread of you is because of that but still :o

Still the fact that Kaori hasn't answered my questions is kinda delaying my ability to be more active. And on that note, Kraska, I remember going through your ISO and saw that I missed some questions from you that I thought I answered? Maybe I just assumed the answers were implicit or smth, idk. Anyway if you want me to go back and answer them I'd be glad to, I'm just asking because they were from D1 and idk if you still need answers about me.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:46 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Oh hey look, I agree with Kraska on something
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:01 am

In post 588, House wrote: I would seriously give you so much towncred if you hammer right now.

You just done even know.
hey
@lycan and kaori
why do you think House felt this way about Kraska?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:23 pm

Looking for a Kaori Miyazono replacement since he hasn't picked up the restarted prod within 3 days. If she happens to post in this thread before I find a replacement, I will stop looking for one.

Prodding fiddlercrabontheroof.
fiddlercrabontheroof
fiddlercrabontheroof
Townie
fiddlercrabontheroof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by fiddlercrabontheroof »

In post 808, Lycanfire wrote: -The MNS wagon yesterday was bad. Post #240 was made up bullshit and Kraska got a round of applause for having such a great opening. MNS said it was RVS, then said it wasn't after House's reaction. Kraska saying #18 is too late for RVS is lazy. It certainly wasn't late, because House sure didn't like it (#24). She eventually made a good post, but it was read as bad, w/e good interactions
So is this your entire case against Kraska? Giga has already made a good post with the context for the MNS vote, so I don't think this alone indicates scum on Kraska's part.
-Kaori is obvtown. Her entrance was scummy. House nailed it, but all it did was force Kaori to spill her guts about trying to discern his alignment. I pegged him as town early on, so I don't see why. NS/Kaori explicitly stated knowledge of House/RCs meta which was never denied. If I trust this, it's town intentioned. Otherwise it goes over my head.
This doesn't explain why you think Kaori is town, unless I'm misreading this. Do you mind elaborating on this point?

Overall, from what I can read, this seems to be some pretty weak logic and your case against Kraska is flimsy at best. I'm getting a slightly scummy vibe off this, tbh, but I can't figure out why a scum!Lycan would want to lynch Kraska.
"I'm very gay. I'd like a few dollars."
- John Mulaney
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:08 pm

What about Racer/Kaori?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”