New York 196: My Game, My Flavor Mafia (Mafia Win)

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4150 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Transcend »

meh.

don't really believe peregrine as solid town for that, but i'm not scumreading you for that lol

pedit: right tho?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4151 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:07 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4147, kraska77 wrote:I mean I have 0 problems with agar's posting style but if u find boem's tone more problematic than agar's then no comment
AGar's the player I have the biggest problem with, actually. I'll be actively avoiding him when signing up for games in the future.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4152 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:09 am

Post by Transcend »

AGar isn't even that bad

Stop being a fucking pussy shit.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4153 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:12 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4149, Boem_u_dusi wrote:Well, I'm not clearing neither of you for that
townslip
. Townslips I like are something like voting for mafia PR.
In post 4150, Transcend wrote:meh.

don't really believe peregrine as solid town for that, but i'm not scumreading you for that lol

pedit: right tho?
As I said, Wake is confirmed town to ME because of that slip, because I'm the one who caught it. Or it's just an incredibly elaborate ruse. Everyone else has more reason to suspect it, because they can't assume I'm town.

I also happen to like his reads, though, and townread him because scum continues to try to shut him up.

As far as voting for mafia PRs go, a) Neapolitan is hardly a PR. We have a number of negative utility on town that return non-vanilla, so it's possible Neapolitan is kind of a negative role if those weren't outed, because it could cause scum to target for lynch Millers and Machos over actual PRs. b) There were people voting there who could have been trying to distance, then the flash wagon happened out of nowhere. I can't give a lot of towncred to slots who were on the wagon early. Dunn gets points for lolhammering it, though.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4154 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:13 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4152, Transcend wrote:AGar isn't even that bad

Stop being a fucking pussy shit.
He's made the game less fun for me, what can I say. He hasn't even said a word about me or to me, and I already hate playing with him.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4155 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Transcend »

i think him bashing people is hilarious

because this is a game and i don't take anything that anyone says to game to heart

and everyone else should as well
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4156 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

I'm not an expert, but Neapolitan seems pretty important to me especially in closed setup. Actually, it's hard for me to think about more important PR. How do you know those claims were truthful anyway? VT can freely claim something here in order to soak a kill.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4157 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:17 am

Post by kraska77 »

I love agar's posts even though he's trying to get my derriere lynched...can't wait for agar's reply to podo lol
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4158 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Transcend »

tbh im not making that much on the vedith votes because most of them were pressure votes and we hadn't had a vc in a while then dunn lolhammered w/o realizing it.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4159 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:21 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4156, Boem_u_dusi wrote:I'm not an expert, but Neapolitan seems pretty important to me especially in closed setup. Actually, it's hard for me to think about more important PR. How do you know those claims were truthful anyway? VT can freely claim something here in order to soak a kill.
I'm saying that we definitely had a Macho, because Lapsa flipped Macho (which I was not expecting). We have a Miller claim which I believe. We have at least one other negative utility that I know about (not interested yet in explaining how I know of another negative utility. Just know it's 100% confirmed to me. Not setup spec)

Mafia Neapolitan receives results in the form of "Vanilla" and "not Vanilla." Non vanilla would draw their attention, and they would fire at those players first. With a lot of negative utilities to town, Neapolitan is increasing the chances of killing off our negative utility.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4160 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:22 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4155, Transcend wrote:i think him bashing people is hilarious

because this is a game and i don't take anything that anyone says to game to heart

and everyone else should as well
^It's funny when it feels lighthearted. A little humility and self deprecation, which AGar seems to lack, goes a long way toward that.
In post 71, AGar wrote:
In post 69, Titus wrote:Who said anything about speed murdering him?
Me.

His playstyle is beyond abrasive, it's centered on division of the town and generally just not fun to play with.
In retrospect, the irony of this is funny to me.
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4161 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:24 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

I don't know. I'm a competitive person, I like playing for my wincon in all games I play and I can't see why I would get rid of my teammate just like that. Especially PR teammate. And for what, some towncred which will vaporize D3 at best anyway?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4162 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:27 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4161, Boem_u_dusi wrote:I don't know. I'm a competitive person, I like playing for my wincon in all games I play and I can't see why I would get rid of my teammate just like that. Especially PR teammate. And for what, some towncred which will vaporize D3 at best anyway?
I'm saying that early people on the wagon vote there to distance. That's a normal thing. It doesn't look like the wagon is going to happen, and they know they can unvote later if it becomes a risk, so placing a vote there is safe.

Then the wagon starts to pick up speed. If scum on the wagon is active (which they aren't necessarily), they know to move off, but they have to find the right time, or they risk making both themselves and Vedith suspicious at the same time. Then the flash wagon happens, 6 votes happen in an hour (or however fast that was), and they don't have any option.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4163 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:30 am

Post by Transcend »

This:
In post 4162, podoboq wrote:
In post 4161, Boem_u_dusi wrote:I don't know. I'm a competitive person, I like playing for my wincon in all games I play and I can't see why I would get rid of my teammate just like that. Especially PR teammate. And for what, some towncred which will vaporize D3 at best anyway?
I'm saying that early people on the wagon vote there to distance. That's a normal thing. It doesn't look like the wagon is going to happen, and they know they can unvote later if it becomes a risk, so placing a vote there is safe.

Then the wagon starts to pick up speed. If scum on the wagon is active (which they aren't necessarily), they know to move off, but they have to find the right time, or they risk making both themselves and Vedith suspicious at the same time. Then the flash wagon happens, 6 votes happen in an hour (or however fast that was), and they don't have any option.
Is basically what I said in a paragraph and a half less here:
In post 4158, Transcend wrote:tbh im not making that much on the vedith votes because most of them were pressure votes and we hadn't had a vc in a while then dunn lolhammered w/o realizing it.
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4164 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

OK. That's
little
contradictory with your scumread on me and Dunnstral however. Considering we just showed up and hammered him.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4165 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:35 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4164, Boem_u_dusi wrote:

OK. That's
little
contradictory with your scumread on me and Dunnstral however. Considering we just showed up and hammered him.
I would expect Dunn to lol hammer bus mafia jailkeeper if he were scum. Your position on that wagon I honestly forgot. I'm not familiar with you as a player, so I don't know if you're the kind of person to bus, but that does make me want to reevaluate. Will do it when I have more time, before I go V/LA Friday.
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4166 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:39 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

I don't know, I've never randed scum in my life outside of one exception on another site quite recently. But yolo bussing D1 seems suboptimal and I like making optimal plays in all games I play.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4167 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:45 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4051, shannon wrote:
In post 4048, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 4035, AGar wrote:Dunnstral why didn't you vig this? For fucks sake, man.

Because she's kind of obvious town??

Trust me if I had any thoughts of her being scum I'd have shot her following the force replace thing
I cannot be any more transparent here. I'm struggling to keep up with all the players, let alone the volume of posts. So the best thing I can do is be obvious about my towniness (plain vanilla as it might be) so that I'm not taking up game space by having debate about myself. I've volunteered myself as a 'minimal impact' lynch in case it comes about that town can't agree and *has to* lynch *someone*. I am reading along but don't have much to say that hasn't already been said. Once we're down to a dozen players or so I'm sure I'll be more across the game and more able to contribute (if I live that long).

But hey, if you're scum and trying to pick me off, go ahead and do it - I'd rather the game lose me than lose a PR.
I just said why I wasn't shooting you so why act like I declared open season
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4168 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4159, podoboq wrote:
In post 4156, Boem_u_dusi wrote:I'm not an expert, but Neapolitan seems pretty important to me especially in closed setup. Actually, it's hard for me to think about more important PR. How do you know those claims were truthful anyway? VT can freely claim something here in order to soak a kill.
I'm saying that we definitely had a Macho, because Lapsa flipped Macho (which I was not expecting). We have a Miller claim which I believe. We have at least one other negative utility that I know about (not interested yet in explaining how I know of another negative utility. Just know it's 100% confirmed to me. Not setup spec)

Mafia Neapolitan receives results in the form of "Vanilla" and "not Vanilla." Non vanilla would draw their attention, and they would fire at those players first. With a lot of negative utilities to town, Neapolitan is increasing the chances of killing off our negative utility.
:facepalm:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4169 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:47 am

Post by Varsoon »

If you havin' role problems, I feel bad for you son
He's got 99 posts but a claim ain't one
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4170 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:49 am

Post by Transcend »

lmfao
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4171 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:49 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

In post 4168, Dunnstral wrote:

:roll:
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4172 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:50 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4166, Boem_u_dusi wrote:I don't know, I've never randed scum in my life outside of one exception on another site quite recently. But yolo bussing D1 seems suboptimal and I like making optimal plays in all games I play.
Yolo bussing D1 is reasonable considering that a) Neapolitan is only slightly more valuable than Mafia Goon in this game, as far as I can tell from the setup, and b) Mafia might have been able to see the writing on the wall, what with Vedith being such an easy lynch.

I'm not familiar with your gameplay. I'm just saying that pick a person out of a bag and give them scum alignment and I can see them making that play. It's less likely, granted, but it's not unreasonable to me.

Also, while I'm not assuming this game is multiball, if it is, that gives a much easier explanation as to how scum can be on that wagon.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4173 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:52 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4168, Dunnstral wrote:

Is this aimed at me softclaiming information, or my analysis on Mafia Neapolitan's value to the scum team?
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4174 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

I'm willing to drop it, OK? I have no idea what the setup is exactly so I'm probably talking about nothing.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”