Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:25 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.13 Tiger Quoll

LynchingWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.

:!:
Nachomamma8
(L-4): MURDERCAT, Dragon of the West, hiplop,
The_Jester

:!:
A Simple Plan
(L-4): Vedith,
hiplop,
Raskolnikov, dwlee99
The_Jester
(L-6):
All In,
Killthestory
Vedith
(L-6): Shadow_Step,
The_Jester

Shadow_Step
(L-6): A Simple Plan
Dragon of the West
(L-6): Bellaphant
All In
(L-6): The_Jester

Not Voting
(2): Nachomamma8, All In

M
o
d
n
o
t
e
s
:
K
e
e
p
i
t
f
u
n
!

d
w
l
e
e
i
s
V
/
L
A
u
n
t
i
l
S
u
n
d
a
y

M
U
R
D
E
R
C
A
T
i
s
V
/
L
A
u
n
t
i
l
t
h
e
n
d

V
e
d
i
t
h
i
s
V
/
L
A

A
l
l
I
n
i
s
n
e
w
R
o
b
b
n
v
a

D
e
a
d
l
i
n
e
:
(expired on 2016-07-22 14:00:00)
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
All In
All In
Goon
All In
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:53 am

Post by All In »

Notes from pages 4-end

-Not really getting Dwlee's point
-KTS: weird and impossible to get a read from.
-starting to like hiplop when he goes after Simple Plan
-the actual content of this game is very poor :o
-Liking Rasko's posts after his return. Since their return there's been a lot more content to read.
-Vedith's response to Shadow Steps "case" makes sense and was exactly what I expected it to be.
-wagon on Jester seems pointless, as he was telling he had no good reads at all. KTS calling it a "quality wagon" is something that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
-Simple Plan seems to get my problem with Shadow Step's RVS votes. Good.
-Jesters Reads list has Robb as a townread and he most recently voted me. I'd like to hear how he dropped his highest townread to a scumread based on the one post I made.
-Dragon's comment on the personal attack in his catchup post seems unnecessary and pointless.Especially because nothing in the 70 other posts since his V/LA seem to be noteworthy.
-Good Dragon vote from Bella
-Nacho posted 0 content and only setup stuff. This is weirding me out really badly.
In memory of All In, Radja's character pick in Reality Show X.
All In
All In
Goon
All In
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:54 am

Post by All In »

VOTE: Nacho

I know Nacho tends to lurk as scum and the fact that he hasn't provided a single comment on anyone bothers me a lot.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:57 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 320, All In wrote:
Notes from pages 1-3

-Don't like Shadow Steps RVS vote: Naked vote on a person who has not yet posted.
-Shadow Step follows up with a vote on my predecessor when the RVS wagon starts to build. Wondering why he didn't try starting a wagon instead of his naked vote earlier
-Murdercat taking the lead and votes Raskolnikov: good vote.

I need to go right now. I'll finish up on my catchup a bit later.
This is horribly nitpicky.

Can you link me to separate games where you've been town/scum?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
All In
All In
Goon
All In
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:59 am

Post by All In »

In post 328, Shadow_step wrote:
Notes from pages 1-3

-Don't like Shadow Steps RVS vote: Naked vote on a person who has not yet posted.
-Shadow Step follows up with a vote on my predecessor when the RVS wagon starts to build. Wondering why he didn't try starting a wagon instead of his naked vote earlier

http://forum.mafiascum.net/search.php
All In
All In
Goon
All In
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:00 am

Post by All In »

Notes from pages 1-3

Also, can you give me your thoughts on your first two votes instead of just handwaiving my point?
Thanks.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:05 am

Post by Plotinus »

A
S
i
m
p
l
e
P
l
a
n
h
a
s
b
e
e
n
p
r
o
d
d
e
d
H
e
h
a
s
(expired on 2016-07-14 20:05:00)
t
o
p
o
s
t
o
r
h
e
w
i
l
l
b
e
r
e
p
l
a
c
e
d

In post 1, Plotinus wrote:12.
P
r
o
d
g
i
n
g
- A naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. To avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; xxxx is still scum."
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 330, All In wrote:
Notes from pages 1-3

Also, can you give me your thoughts on your first two votes instead of just handwaiving my point?
Thanks.
First vote, I randomly picked Nacho.
2nd vote I saw a wagon building g on Rob so I got on it to see how far it could go.
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 327, All In wrote:VOTE: Nacho

I know Nacho tends to lurk as scum and the fact that he hasn't provided a single comment on anyone bothers me a lot.
Your meta that I lurk as scum sucks donkey dick.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 282, Killthestory wrote:Isn't hypoclaiming the thing like on MU where you claim your theoretical peeks if you were a cop, so that cop can stay hidden but also reveal his peeks?
yep.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 283, MURDERCAT wrote:Yeah, I just don't see the point on page 12
You are not going to claim who you target, but rather who you already targeted.
If there is a cop, it will allow them to leave their results in thread after they died without having to out at any point to reveal them.
In post 297, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 273, Nachomamma8 wrote:I want to hypo results this game. Thinking out loud, wanted to do this all at once but it seems the longer I put it off until I have a significant chunk of time the longer I put off the game in general.
Also why did you hold off on posting for this? I don't see why this is a priority now and I don't know why planning to hypo results would delay you from getting in the game.
i wanted my opening to look like that.
it's a strange opening, but that is a feature and not a bug.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 302, Raskolnikov wrote:I want more information on this and it's troublesome considering this thing without having anything else from nacho to look at. Also I'm wondering if this should be voted on, initial thought is that's just giving scum the control of the decision but like a regular wagon they may not want to group and peoples choices here is also information to analyse. What a headache though.
Is there anything in particular you'd like me to explain about it?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 306, Dragon of the West wrote:While I see the benefit to it, it really sounds like a mess and seems like it could go horribly. If hypo claims are made that are obviously faked, mafia will be able to PoE who is actually a PR role and who is not. Personally, I don't trust myself to fake hypo claims and be able to play through the game acting in a way that is consistent to what I've claimed (which is what you have to do to make sure scum don't know you're faking). This is only my third game D:
There are enough moving parts in the hypo claim where it's pretty difficult to catch out what's noise and what's good faking; each hypo claim has ~9-11 different pieces of information that it could be crumbing, which means it's much more difficult to POE than in a normal game.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 310, The_Jester wrote:Could you link me a game where that actually worked?
Enjoy. I haven't seen this specific type of claiming used in a Normal Game before, but that general playstyle is where I got the idea. I can probably find a good example of it at its best if you'd like, but I don't think the investment of time is a particularly good one at the moment.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 324, Bellaphant wrote:I've only seen that kind of claiming work where everyone has pr? Ughhh.
I haven't seen that claiming period.

Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Dragon of the West »

In post 337, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 306, Dragon of the West wrote:While I see the benefit to it, it really sounds like a mess and seems like it could go horribly. If hypo claims are made that are obviously faked, mafia will be able to PoE who is actually a PR role and who is not. Personally, I don't trust myself to fake hypo claims and be able to play through the game acting in a way that is consistent to what I've claimed (which is what you have to do to make sure scum don't know you're faking). This is only my third game D:
There are enough moving parts in the hypo claim where it's pretty difficult to catch out what's noise and what's good faking; each hypo claim has ~9-11 different pieces of information that it could be crumbing, which means it's much more difficult to POE than in a normal game.
wait how does it have 9-11 different pieces? I'm not understanding the way everyone crumbs in particular. could you break that down into more careful specifics?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Also, to all of those who are wondering, I will catch up and become a presence in this game during the weekend.
I will continue talking about claim stuff and stay current because it's easy.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 273, Nachomamma8 wrote:N1 Murdercat Positive Vedith, Dragon of the West.
JOAT first investigative action.

If the player flipped cop/gunsmith, Murdercat would be scum (Target was murdercat, result was negative so "mafia" or "gun"). If Motion Detector, it would mean that motion was detected. If follower, it would mean that Murdercat used a protective action (Vedith is the second on the playerlist, "Protective" is the second follower option. If tracker, it would mean that Murdercat was seen following around Vedith. If watcher, it would mean that Dragon of the West and Vedith were seen targeting Murdercat. If JOAT, it would mean that the JOAT did use their investigative and thus the first investigative result listed in the role would count (so if JOAT flips Roleblocker, Cop, Tracker then it means that he used his cop and found Murdercat to be scum). If Vanilla Cop or Neapolitan, Murdercat would have returned Vanilla.
This is what I mean that it's a claim that has 11 different pieces.
The same hypoclaim (Murdercat Positive Vedith, Dragon of the West) could mean that Murdercat is Vanilla or Murdercat is Guilty or Mudercat targeted another player or was targeted or used a protective action, etc.
Because the same claim can mean such a large number of things, it's much more difficult to PoE based on those claims alone. Does that make sense?

Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:24 pm

In post 342, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 273, Nachomamma8 wrote:N1 Murdercat Positive Vedith, Dragon of the West.
JOAT first investigative action.

If the player flipped cop/gunsmith, Murdercat would be scum (Target was murdercat, result was negative so "mafia" or "gun"). If Motion Detector, it would mean that motion was detected. If follower, it would mean that Murdercat used a protective action (Vedith is the second on the playerlist, "Protective" is the second follower option. If tracker, it would mean that Murdercat was seen following around Vedith. If watcher, it would mean that Dragon of the West and Vedith were seen targeting Murdercat. If JOAT, it would mean that the JOAT did use their investigative and thus the first investigative result listed in the role would count (so if JOAT flips Roleblocker, Cop, Tracker then it means that he used his cop and found Murdercat to be scum). If Vanilla Cop or Neapolitan, Murdercat would have returned Vanilla.
This is what I mean that it's a claim that has 11 different pieces.
The same hypoclaim (Murdercat Positive Vedith, Dragon of the West) could mean that Murdercat is Vanilla or Murdercat is Guilty or Mudercat targeted another player or was targeted or used a protective action, etc.
Because the same claim can mean such a large number of things, it's much more difficult to PoE based on those claims alone. Does that make sense?
It makes sense how it would be tough to PoE. I guess I'm just not understanding the ordering of the players and how these posts are written. Would murdercat be the one writing that example post? or would a fourth player write that about their action which could involve those three players?
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:03 pm

Wait, I just read it for like the 30th time and it's clicking now. I guess my next question would be, are the post always in that format? like where you list players and they wouldn't be part of the result at all
All In
All In
Goon
All In
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:13 pm

Post by All In »

In post 333, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 327, All In wrote:VOTE: Nacho

Your meta that I lurk as scum sucks donkey dick.
I'm used to Nacho being obvtown within the first 5 pages.
What do you think about the ASP wagon?
All In
All In
Goon
All In
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by All In »

In post 332, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 330, All In wrote:
Notes from pages 1-3

Thanks.
First vote, I randomly picked Nacho.
2nd vote I saw a wagon building g on Rob so I got on it to see how far it could go.

Why Nacho out of the entire playerlist?
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:00 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Idk I saw the player list and thought let's vote this guy.
Show

The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:04 pm

Post by The_Jester »

In post 323, All In wrote:
My point was that he could have attempted to interact or vote either of the people already in the game.
That would be against the idea of RANDOM vote stage, wouldn't it? Plus what would he gain by voting someone who hasn't posted any meaningful content anyway?
In post 323, All In wrote: when a wagon was built, he suddenly was interested
Isn't that how wagons work? When people don't jump on the one started by you, you switch wagons until you find the right one.
In post 326, All In wrote: Jesters Reads list has Robb as a townread and he most recently voted me. I'd like to hear how he dropped his highest townread to a scumread based on the one post I made.
Vote =/= scumread. It's just a tool. Plus when a new player replaces into a slot, it becomes null to me.
In post 335, Nachomamma8 wrote: You are not going to claim who you target, but rather who you already targeted.
If there is a cop, it will allow them to leave their results in thread after they died without having to out at any point to reveal them.
Meh, I think it will just generate a lot of noise and bring in confusion.
I don't think this is the right link. Unless you want me to plow through all games ever played?
Why'd the clown drive over the cup?
He wanted to crack him up!
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:44 pm

Post by Vedith »

@Mod - V/LA finished, back to normal.
I claim scum \o/