New York 196: My Game, My Flavor Mafia (Mafia Win)

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4500 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:01 am

Post by Transcend »

Oh Zach, I'm only kidding. U needs ta chill.

I'm probably legitimately going to case implosion in the next couple of days.

I'd be happy seeing his slot get lynched and if it means dogging through these 180 some pages to make a convincing case then damn it ima try

but don't be surprised if i end up being lazy as well.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4501 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:02 am

Post by kraska77 »

[quote="In post 4499
Yeah that did take a decent fucking amount of effort. I had to upload those screenshots to imgur, god damn it.[/quote]
time and effort that should have been spent on scumhunting instead smh

(ok im done with shitposting goodnight)
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4502 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:03 am

Post by Transcend »

Digging*

I'm enjoying the shitposting from all parties.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4503 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:04 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Yeah except I found scum b4... And I looked at your scum list and trust me

do not talk about effort LOL
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4504 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:04 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

Shitposting is underrated.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4505 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:10 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4351, Dunnstral wrote:podoboq, do you have a special reason to trust beeboy's miller claim as well? Just wondering
1) I townread beeboy. Don't know why. Mostly gut.
2) Setup spec on my part. There needs to be a cop to justify Miller, though, so going down this PR rabbit hole has made the claim look a little worse.
3) The way beeboy claimed looks honest. Claiming a negative utility with no pressure on day 2 right after replacing in would have been a weird play as scum.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4506 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:15 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4421, kraska77 wrote:Silence, fool
Can you like
pipe down and chair the symposium?
Podo has been crumbling pr for a while now btw
I mean.....no? Sure? Maybe?

I've been claiming
S
O
M
E
T
H
I
N
G
, which gives me reason to not only believe, but expect that there are many town PRs, and that something is based on information unique to my slot.

If we end up wagoning anyone who's claimed a protective role (like Almost50), I plan to explain that.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4507 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:16 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4437, Boem_u_dusi wrote:I want to know implosion and podoboq alignments the most.
I'm town. Not sure about implosion.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4508 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:17 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4474, Boem_u_dusi wrote:We have around 5 days left. This vote is probably pointless because he can just pop in and claim some crap.
That's the idea, yeah. If people want to lynch me, they're dumb, but if that's going to be the trend, then do it so I can claim, you can realize that I'm definitely town, and we still have time to redirect elsewhere.
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4509 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

In post 4508, podoboq wrote:
In post 4474, Boem_u_dusi wrote:We have around 5 days left. This vote is probably pointless because he can just pop in and claim some crap.
That's the idea, yeah. If people want to lynch me, they're dumb, but if that's going to be the trend, then do it so I can claim, you can realize that I'm definitely town, and we still have time to redirect elsewhere.
I was talking about implosion?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #4510 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:21 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Hoo boy

vc 2.14
kraska77 (1):
AGar
Mirhawk (2):
PeregrineV, shannon
Dunnstral (1):
Mirhawk
Boem_u_dusi (1):
Wake88
PeregrineV (5):
Almost50, Dunnstral, implosion, Airick10, kraska77
Titus (3):
Varsoon, pobodoq, beeboy
podoboq (2):
Zackstralkita, Titus
implosion (2):
Boem_u_dusi, Transcend

Not Voting:
None

With
votes,
to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2016-07-19 12:40:26)

Wake88
is V/LA until
7/14
Last edited by GuyInFreezer on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4511 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:28 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4509, Boem_u_dusi wrote:
By that logic, what wagon isn't pointless? One on somebody's who has already claimed?
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4512 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

In post 4511, podoboq wrote:
By that logic, what wagon isn't pointless? One on somebody's who has already claimed?
Let's just rope somebody and get on to D3, my patience is running out.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4513 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:42 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4512, Boem_u_dusi wrote:
In post 4511, podoboq wrote:
Let's just rope somebody and get on to D3, my patience is running out.
Agreed.
VOTE: Titus

My read on Boem is getting townier, by the way. He's looking more and more new the more I interact with him, and I wouldn't expect newb scum to be comfortable bussing, or saying stuff like this.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4514 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:44 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4360, Boem_u_dusi wrote:
In post 4357, Dunnstral wrote:Yeah uh I didn't realize we were in role madness btw; everyone is either a pr or softing one it feels like or some negative utility role
I claim Vanilla Townie.
By the way, that's the third VT claim. Titus and shannon have also claimed VT, just to remind everyone.

Role madness isn't plausible, so I don't know where Dunn's comment came from.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4515 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:54 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Podo according to VC you were already voting Titus? Was that vote for emphasis or did you just want to feel special?

I'm gonna need this Titus wagon to cease and desist
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4516 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:56 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

Zach, who's your top choice besides PeregrineV? We have 4 days left and some players are inactive so I think we should consolidate.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4517 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:01 am

Post by implosion »

In post 4393, Dunnstral wrote:Or are you saying "named townie isn't explicitely normal"

Because that's just untrue
It is, in fact, true.
I use the term "explicitly normal" here in the sense that it is used on mafiascum; a large normal setup is allowed to have at most two not-explicitly-normal roles.
In post 4403, Airick10 wrote:
In post 4386, Almost50 wrote:
In post 4372, implosion wrote:because what moderator in their right mind would conceive of the idea of a backup nurse without a nurse

if they were going for something like that they would just put a nurse without a doctor or a deputy without a cop. Those are sort of standby choices (along with miller) for moderators looking to add a named townie to a setup. They wouldn't think of it.
Well, we don't KNOW there isn't a deputy (or a Cop with no deputy for that matter). The former become "already done" in response to your suggestion, while the latter becomes "no can do".

Now as for the doctor -and precisely for our case here in this game- I guess the setup needed one. So, I'm MERELY SPECULATING- that either a Cop OR a Deputy is in play and thus the mod got cornered between including a Backup Nurse w/o there being a Nurse or adding a Backup Deputy.

Obviously I'm NOT an expert in setup balancing (I only modded one game that had a fixed standard open setup and still somehow managed to slip up to confirm TWO players roles, so I'll just shut up now!)
This is interesting discussion as this is only speculation it being a closed game, so I don't want to read too much into this and I think it's quite a challenge to try and figure that out blind. But a couple questions.

- Implosion, I agree that adding a backup nurse or deputy without a nurse or deputy is pretty crazy. So are you saying if there is a backup nurse, there can only be a nurse without a doctor? What would a nurse be able to do without a doctor? And with this logic, do you believe Mirhawk's/Varsoon's claims?
Where the hell did I say this. I said that there are all three (backup nurse, nurse, doctor). I believe Mirhawk's claim. As I've said, I still think it's possible that he's scum (specifically a mafia doctor) but it's significantly less likely. I honestly have no idea how you got this from what I've posted.
In post 4505, podoboq wrote:
In post 4351, Dunnstral wrote:podoboq, do you have a special reason to trust beeboy's miller claim as well? Just wondering
2) Setup spec on my part. There needs to be a cop to justify Miller, though, so going down this PR rabbit hole has made the claim look a little worse.
This is strictly wrong on mafiascum; miller without a cop is perfectly valid in normal games, specifically so that you can't infer the presence of a cop from the presence of a miller. See the above link. It also happens in practice.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4518 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:02 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4515, Zachstralkita wrote:Podo according to VC you were already voting Titus? Was that vote for emphasis or did you just want to feel special?

Emphasis :3
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4519 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:07 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4517, implosion wrote:
In post 4505, podoboq wrote:
This is strictly wrong on mafiascum; miller without a cop is perfectly valid in normal games, specifically so that you can't infer the presence of a cop from the presence of a miller. See the above link. It also happens in practice.
I misspoke. There needs to be a Cop to Justify Miller, but we can have a Miller without that kind of justification, and it can act as just a named townie. I know Millers can exist without cops, (and nurses without docs, etc), but a Miller without a Cop is more suspicious to me, because I think it
is
less likely.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4520 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:15 am

Post by implosion »

Anyway. My list of townreads right now that are strong enough that I'm not really willing to lynch them today is (in no particular order) {wake, dunn, kraska, varsoon, podoboq, zach, titus, boem}. Mirhawk vaguely falls in this list for now as well.

Other people that I suspect are town and so would prefer not to lynch are {beeboy, shannon, Airick}. But it would not surprise me if I was wrong on any of them, especially Airick, and I'm willing to entertain wagons just because of the sheer number of stronger townreads I have.

That leaves {PeregrineV, AGar, Almost50, Transcend}. And that's, once again, a pretty damn small list of people that I'm not townreading. Just for reference, the final Vedith wagon was:

AGar, Performer, PeregrineV, Zachstralkita, beeboy, Titus, Transcend, Boem_u_dusi, shannon, Dunnstral

I guess Transcend has the blitzing-thing in his favor. I never really found anything he did very readable after the early pages and that read faded over time. I'd love to see him case me. Or really do anything other than pester me for thousands of pages.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4521 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:15 am

Post by implosion »

(well, pester me and vote pretty much everyone in the game arbitrarily with the winds)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4522 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:16 am

Post by implosion »

ironically every person being voted right now except for peregrine is actually in my strong townreads <_<
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4523 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Wake1 »

VOTE: Titus
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4524 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:38 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4515, Zachstralkita wrote:Podo according to VC you were already voting Titus? Was that vote for emphasis or did you just want to feel special?

That Titus wagon is fueled by scum.

The PV wagon is fueled by town.

At some point, you're going to need to realize PV is Vedith recycled by different town players are playing different roles regarding the wagon pushes. Same with k77.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”