Open 646 - Semi Nightless - Game Over (D6)

Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:07 am

Post by Io »

In post 70, karnos wrote:
In post 69, gigabyteTroubadour wrote: there is something else that bothered me about Karnos's responses that I will discuss after I feel I have enough responses to go off of.
Obviously I have to be curious about that, but more importantly: how do you feel about people who flat out refuse to answer your questions?
People implies plural, but only one person has not answered them, Thor665.
The way you worded this looks like just a roundabout way of saying Thor should be criticized more than you because he didn't answer without actually calling him directly out.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:07 am

Post by karnos »

The above logic depends on Thor being town as well. Scum Thor could be sheeping a supposed town, in which case that would make it much less likely I am scum.

Unless you think Thor & I are the sort of players who would bus each other day 1.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:10 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

[spoilers=This is embarrassing...]
1. Do you get your reads typically from gut or evidence?
I'm a gut person. Usually, if I feel the need to validate my gut I will look back for evidence, but it always comes back to gut.

2. How would you describe your level of experience?
Complete newbie to forum mafia, but my friends play a lot of face-to-face games and I was briefly part of a chatroom with a mafia channel.

3. When trying to get a better read on a specific player, do prefer you reread the entire thread or just their ISO?
ISOs, one big reason being because I like to see how organically people change their opinions throughout the game.

4. What's your Myers-briggs personality type? Here's a link to a test for it if you don't know yours, but you can skip this one if you don't feel like wasting time.
I'm an INFP!

5. What's your opinion on Lynch All Liars? Lynch All Lurkers? Policy lynches in general?
Lynch All Liars is a bad policy, I've seen some interesting gambits that require fakeclaims to be made. It's important to understand the motivation behind a lie. As for Lynch All Lurkers, I dislike it because in my chatroom experience, lynching lurkers was generally pushed by scum trying to look pro-town. I'm not sure if that's common in MS but I am heavily influenced by my past, so I'm weary of it. I'm not a fan of policy lynches in general.

6. Do you think it's a good idea to utilize all of the time allotted by a deadline?
Absolutely not. Taking time only worsens apathy, and thus people's interest in the game and town's ability to scumhunt. The best lynches are made quickly but efficiently.

7. Are you scum?
Nope!
[/spoilers]
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:11 am

@Mod, I messed up my spoiler tag for some reason. Mind fixing it?
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:12 am

Post by karnos »

In post 75, Io wrote: People implies plural, but only one person has not answered them, Thor665.
The way you worded this looks like just a roundabout way of saying Thor should be criticized more than you because he didn't answer without actually calling him directly out.
Several other players haven't responded to the questions. Maybe you mean only Thor hasn't responded of the players active in the thread... but that is still technically wrong.

Where are gigabyteTroubadour's answers?

(Ninjad, I see they posted just now, but at the time of my original question giga had not provided answers)
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:13 am

Sorry for triple posting without anything too useful to say, but I'm glad that question 4 was what made you answer because that's actually why I wanted to try RQS.

And Karnos, I said I would answer once Thor clarified his vote on you.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:14 am

Post by karnos »

BTW, I took the test. I'm “THE VIRTUOSO” (ISTP-A) now. Apparently my personality has drifted a bit over the years.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:17 am

Post by Thor665 »

In this topic people question my vote because it's possible for town to vote town.
This is shocking news to me, and not information I am able to process.
I'm going to have a good long sit, and re-analyze the way I approach not just Mafia, but life as well.
:lol:

I do mildly agree that Karnos' comment was a roundabout attack on me, I double down on it when he goes to the 'well, of the *active* posters' defense.
Yeah, pretty happy with this vote.
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:18 am

Post by Io »

It's still not wrong as you said "people who flat out refuse to answer" and everyone else has either answered or hasn't been online. He's the only one who refused to answer.
If you need further reasoning to why I think this is your intention your resent post helps that thought a lot.
In post 76, karnos wrote:The above logic depends on Thor being town as well. Scum Thor could be sheeping a supposed town, in which case that would make it much less likely I am scum.

Unless you think Thor & I are the sort of players who would bus each other day 1.
The last line is implying that you are both trying to lynch each other day 1. Even assuming you are not partners you are still saying you've been adamant about lynching Thor. And the only post in which you've really expressed this is post 70 which is subtly calling him out without saying it. And now that you are claiming that's not you intention and with this post I seriously doubt that you didn't mean that.
VOTE: karnos
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:31 am

Post by karnos »

"Unless you think Thor & I are the sort of players who would bus each other day 1."
This is the most absurd stupid strategy in the history of mafia. No scum would ever bus each other on RL day 1 of day 1 in a game with only 2 mafia to begin with. It's just that ridiculous. I didn't think I needed to post a clarification of how ridiculous it is, because I assumed I was dealing with smart players, but maybe I was wrong. I was making a ridiculous statement to make a point, it's obviously not true, I know it's not true, among other things I know my own alignment.

If you really think I was trying to argue that Thor & I actually are both scum, please just quick lynch me now, I don't want to be a part of this town.
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Tenshii »

1. Evidence

2. Most of my experience comes from unranked EpicMafia. I played 3 games on here a long time ago on an account I forgot the name of. It was enough to make me the level that's above newbie (SE or IC I forgot).

3. I don't remember what I preferred but I plan on doing both

4. The "I don't wanna take a 12 minute test" personality type

5. In most circumstances I agree

6. Yea

7. Of course I am. Am I scum to you now?

I agree that having a townread increase the odds of hitting scum from 2/9 to 2/8. But I don't see how that townread's vote/read increases that probability. I also don't see why if it did, how it would increase the probability more than your own vote/read.

I agree that it's unlikely for two mafia to bus each other D1. I'm not okay with outright ruling out the possibility despite it being unlikely.

@Thor At what post did you start townreading giga and why?

@Karnos Why did you post #70?
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:05 am

Post by tojam2 »

@gigabyte: They'll see it anyway, you're not actually meant to conceal things according to site rules.
@Thor665: Please use VOTE: tags from now on or I won't count your vote.
VC Day 1 - 2

Karnos L-3 - Io, Thor665, gigabyte
Thor665 L-5 - Killthestory
Transcend L-5 - karnos

(expired on 2016-07-29 16:30:00)
Last edited by tojam2 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:25 am

Post by Transcend »

Hi.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:28 am

Post by Transcend »

Hahahahaha i got flash wagoned while i was in my sleep :p I'll answer the questionnaire when i give a fuck / am on my computer.
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Io »

In post 84, karnos wrote:If you really think I was trying to argue that Thor & I actually are both scum, please just quick lynch me now, I don't want to be a part of this town.
But that's not what I was saying. I was saying you were claiming to want him lynched and claiming to have never pushed for his lynched at the same time.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Transcend »

Oh and also i fos luna fox for early defense on me before i had even allotment told.

Karnos' response to the questionnaire doesn't read fabricated to me.

VOTE: Luna Fox

[
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Transcend »

Alignment*
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:36 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 89, Io wrote:
In post 84, karnos wrote:If you really think I was trying to argue that Thor & I actually are both scum, please just quick lynch me now, I don't want to be a part of this town.
But that's not what I was saying. I was saying you were claiming to want him lynched and claiming to have never pushed for his lynched at the same time.
I got your obv town slot lynched when you subbed out in fire n ice mafia. Ha. Ha. Ha.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 90, Transcend wrote:Oh and also i fos luna fox for early defense on me
I defended you?
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:38 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 33, Killthestory wrote:quickhammer within 5 pages
In post 34, Luna Fox wrote:
Why?
Just a lil red flag to me my friend that i tried to lynch in a marathon game but got nked by.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:39 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 94, Transcend wrote:
In post 34, Luna Fox wrote:
Why?
Just a lil red flag to me my friend that i tried to lynch in a marathon game but got nked by.
So, do you agree with quicklynching someone you're null on within 5 pages?
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:42 am

Post by karnos »

In post 89, Io wrote:
I think you are lying. Didn't you say town doesn't have a good reason to lie in this setup?

"don't see a reason to really lie as town this game as there is no power roles to lie about"

Yes, you did.

VOTE: Io
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Transcend »

I think no one does and most likely i wasn't gonna actually get hammered. So your reaction to what kts said feels scummy.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:43 am

Post by karnos »

Specifically, you said "claiming to have never pushed for his lynched"

Please, show me where I claimed to never push for Thor's lynch. Please do. You can't, because it's a lie. I never made such a claim.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:43 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 97, Transcend wrote:I think no one does and most likely i wasn't gonna actually get hammered. So your reaction to what kts said feels scummy.
So, because i questioned someone for wanting a quicklynch on someone im null-reading, im scum.
Because apparently that's easier to do than just not comment at all.

Return to “Completed Open Games”