Mini Normal 1814 Machiavellian Mafia (Game Over)

iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 170, Skold wrote:Iraon that was so impossible to follow. Can you read the whole thing, then post? Because I feel like I just read the entire thread again but from someone else's viewpoint and none of it made any sense.
Early reaction tests like that might be handy, idk I never use them, and might be scummy (again I never use stuff like that as either alignment and haven't seen much of it to comment on). How do you get that laying traps like that is more likely to attract town than scum? I could see town trying to look for a slip that isn't there but I can only see scum posting a slip that they didn't found to pick up the town cred.
PEDIT: Jesus I'm going to struggle this game.
Well, all "reaction test"'s are bad, but Elyse's "reaction test" was the only one which looked scum-aligned and fake.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 174, BlackStar wrote:What question?
In post 160, iraonavp wrote:
In post 86, BlackStar wrote:
In post 82, Elyse wrote:
In post 79, BlackStar wrote:That immediate OMGUS seems like an admission of guilt to me.
No I think you could be opportunistic scum.

I explained that Dwlee is likely trolling because of our history, there is a 0.1% chance of there being a day cop, and dwlee hasn't confirmed that he isn't joking.

I don't see how a townie would think voting me is a good idea at this point.
If he's telling the truth, then we've caught scum. And if he isn't then we've still caught scum because we know that he lied. Its a win win situation.
I don't like this post...
In post 128, BlackStar wrote:It was obvious the whole time that dwlee was kidding. He has a kind of... I don't know that right word for it, subdued playstyle I guess. So he wouldn't usuallh draw attention to himself like that and I knew Elyse was right about him trolling. And Elyse's reactions to the votes were the pretty much how I would've reacted in the same situation. So it strengthened my town lean on her. I was looking at the people who voted her to see who looked opportunistic. We were getting too close to L-1, so I unvoted.
How is that at all consistent with what you're saying here?
You said that Dwlee is obviously joking, but you earlier presented this false dichotomy of one being scum-aligned.

Actually that's a stupid question because Dwlee said that he was joking in the middle of those two posts, but I didn't see that because I happened to read both the posts before and after that part...

Nevermind, don't bother.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 173, iraonavp wrote:
In post 171, BigYoshiFan wrote:
In post 167, iraonavp wrote:I think Skold, MariaR, Zap Rowsdower, and BlackStar are town-aligned.

I think BigYoshiFan is slightly suspicious.

Not sure about Nero Cain.

Now we just wait for Map Wolf to come back and claim his role...
Why is that?
See, this is such a suspicious thing to post...

Why do you even care? You are suspicious because I don't like your posts.
I'm sorry if I just want to see why a fellow townie has suspicion on me. With that list you make it look like you're about to gang the whole town up on me. You don't even have any scum claims, just one guy who's "slightly suspicious".
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by gerryoat »

Hello this is my first ever game on mafiascum, so please be gentle lol. I am not new to forum maf, though so things should be fine. It seems like I've missed a lot already. It took like an hour to find out how to find the thread on here since things are confusing. Once I finish rereading all 8 pages, I'll give my initial reads. But, from what I remember from another site i'm on, the first couple pages are mostly joke votes and such. Either way I'll post again soon.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by gerryoat »

Also, if I did anything wrong lemme know! Thanks.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 178, gerryoat wrote:Hello this is my first ever game on mafiascum, so please be gentle lol. I am not new to forum maf, though so things should be fine. It seems like I've missed a lot already. It took like an hour to find out how to find the thread on here since things are confusing. Once I finish rereading all 8 pages, I'll give my initial reads. But, from what I remember from another site i'm on, the first couple pages are mostly joke votes and such. Either way I'll post again soon.
Hey! Me too! :D
I'll warn you however, they won't be gentle.
Zap Rowsdower
Zap Rowsdower
Goon
Zap Rowsdower
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

In post 177, BigYoshiFan wrote:a fellow townie
I wonder if there's beer on the sun
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 167, iraonavp wrote:I think Skold, MariaR, Zap Rowsdower, and BlackStar are town-aligned.

Why is that?

Why would you post this if you didn't want me to care? Also, could you give me more than just "I don't like your posts."
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I absolutely abhor your habit of saying town-"aligned"
I prefer they, thanks :)
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by Skold »

In post 175, iraonavp wrote:Well, all "reaction test"'s are bad, but Elyse's "reaction test" was the only one which looked scum-aligned and fake.
Because??? Just because? I get tone can play a part but really I don't see how you read it that way. This whole read looks awful.
I'd put some philosophical bollocks here but I cannot be bothered.
Scumtells are bullshit, find something else to fill pages with please.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by gerryoat »

I'm just gonna post as I read. I'm on page 2 right now and I feel like Zap tried to Townread someone very early on, for something that I don't even really think deserved that much of a townread. (sorry if my terms are different than yours) Gonna move to page 3 now.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by gerryoat »

On page 3. I actually kinda like what Elyse did. Idk how to tell how many noobs are in this game, but if there is a lot then I can see what she was trying to get it. I mean, it coulda been a stretch cause no one is gonna be like "omg yea i see the slip too" without saying what the 'slip' was. But for now, I think she's at least trying to get an effort with reads.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by gerryoat »

Okay 4th page I don't like how Elyse OMGUS'd Blackstar there lol. But, what was even worse is how Map Wolf blindly led on it too. I mean, it's still early but meh. I can see why people are voting Map Wolf here.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by Skold »

In post 173, iraonavp wrote:See, this is such a suspicious thing to post...

No, no it isn't. Why is someone pushing you for why you don't like their posts suspicious. This all reeks of scum. More on Iraon to follow.
I'd put some philosophical bollocks here but I cannot be bothered.
Scumtells are bullshit, find something else to fill pages with please.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by gerryoat »

(page 5) I kinda like what iraonavp's first post was "i havent read the thread yet but i may as well make a vote" I feel like mafia would be more scared to do that as a first post, and would actually want to try to have a 'good' post as their first post. At least that's how I see it.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:38 pm

Post by Skold »

In post 185, gerryoat wrote:I'm just gonna post as I read.
Can we actually stop this as a habit that mafiascum has in general? It's an awkward way to catchup. I get that as you read you have stuff you want to say, but this isn't helpful when you mention something and 3 or 4 posts later when you've actually caught up you say ''nvm, I got it''.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:38 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 169, BlackStar wrote:
In post 168, iraonavp wrote:To be honest, my suspicions are that Map Wolf will make himself look obviously town-aligned through incompetence when he comes back, but Elyse will continue trying to push a mislynch through on him. But let's see what happens.
If he's going to try to look town on purpose, then why did you call it a mislynch?
In post 177, BigYoshiFan wrote:

Why is that?

I'm sorry if I just want to see why a fellow townie has suspicion on me. With that list you make it look like you're about to gang the whole town up on me. You don't even have any scum claims, just one guy who's "slightly suspicious".
Okay, you're 100% scum-aligned now.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:38 pm

Post by iraonavp »

The first quote isn't meant to be there.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 184, Skold wrote:
In post 175, iraonavp wrote:Well, all "reaction test"'s are bad, but Elyse's "reaction test" was the only one which looked scum-aligned and fake.
Because??? Just because? I get tone can play a part but really I don't see how you read it that way. This whole read looks awful.
I already said...

Because Elyse tried to rationalize her actions with a town-aligned narrative prematurely.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by gerryoat »

(page 6 nothing of worth)

(page 7) I will say that I seem to genuinely enjoy Skold and iraonavp's posts right now. It seems like they are genuine to me so far.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 190, Skold wrote:
Can we actually stop this as a habit that mafiascum has in general? It's an awkward way to catchup. I get that as you read you have stuff you want to say, but this isn't helpful when you mention something and 3 or 4 posts later when you've actually caught up you say ''nvm, I got it''.
Not really, it helps because it's easier for a scum-aligned player to fake a catch up if they post all at once at the end.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 191, iraonavp wrote:
In post 169, BlackStar wrote:
In post 168, iraonavp wrote:To be honest, my suspicions are that Map Wolf will make himself look obviously town-aligned through incompetence when he comes back, but Elyse will continue trying to push a mislynch through on him. But let's see what happens.
If he's going to try to look town on purpose, then why did you call it a mislynch?

Why is that?

Now, if you're going to convince everyone else of that, you need some well-thought out claims and evidence, which you haven't provided anyone of yet but I want to see where you're head's going with this ridiculous claim.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 190, Skold wrote:
I hope i'm quoting right lol. But, sorry about that! I just find it easier because I can read my isolation. And I hate when people just don't post and then make one bs post that says they read and they have some reads in general as I feel it can be faked easier.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 188, Skold wrote:
In post 173, iraonavp wrote:See, this is such a suspicious thing to post...

No, no it isn't. Why is someone pushing you for why you don't like their posts suspicious. This all reeks of scum. More on Iraon to follow.
It's not, right? It seems like a scummy move to me I genuinely think he thinks I am scum and I want to know why but he won't give me anything more detailed than "I don't like your posts."
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 191, iraonavp wrote:

Why is that?

I should explain because people usually don't like when I say things like this...

Just look at BigYoshiFan's post.

He says "I just want to see why a fellow townie has suspicion on me". Which is either a scum-aligned slip that he knows I'm town-aligned, or presenting a town-aligned read on me.

Then, the rest of the post is trying to accuse me of being scum-aligned. So he's basically saying that he thinks (knows) that I'm town-aligned, and then continuing to discredit me by accusing me of being scum-aligned.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”