Mini Normal 1814 Machiavellian Mafia (Game Over)

Map Wolf
Map Wolf
Goon
Map Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:41 am

Post by Map Wolf »

In post 620, iraonavp wrote:
In post 575, Map Wolf wrote:Defending me would be the worst thing anyone could do if they were actually my scummate, A hypothetical scummate would've tried and follow the wagon not defend me.
This has zero relevance to the game if Map Wolf is town-aligned. It's like he's just throwing WIFOM to confuse us after he gets lynched.
I was just responding to the notion that me and Zap were on the scumteam.
In post 648, BigYoshiFan wrote:
In post 609, BlackStar wrote:
In post 607, iraonavp wrote:I think it's suspicious how Rosske vaguely softed PR.

Rosske, are you PR or not? If you don't give a straight answer, I will vote you.
Congrats. You just made the scummiest post in the entire game
VOTE: ira

It's bad enough that rosske had to soft that he's a pr. Yes, we don't know if that's true or not yet, but it's completely dumb to ask him to tell us his exact role. If he's telling the truth, that makes it even easier for the Mafia to decide to night kill him. And if he's lying, the real pr will counter claim and the Mafia still know who they want to nk. You don't lynch a pr claim on day 1, dude. I can't see any reason why a townie wouldn't be thinking like this, so you've got to be Mafia.
Does this mean there can only be 1 PR?
There can be any number of PRs, though usually less than half of all players have a power role.
“The biggest defeat is to not lose”
-MapWolf
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:47 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 648, BigYoshiFan wrote:
In post 609, BlackStar wrote:
In post 607, iraonavp wrote:I think it's suspicious how Rosske vaguely softed PR.

Rosske, are you PR or not? If you don't give a straight answer, I will vote you.
Congrats. You just made the scummiest post in the entire game
VOTE: ira

It's bad enough that rosske had to soft that he's a pr. Yes, we don't know if that's true or not yet, but it's completely dumb to ask him to tell us his exact role. If he's telling the truth, that makes it even easier for the Mafia to decide to night kill him. And if he's lying, the real pr will counter claim and the Mafia still know who they want to nk. You don't lynch a pr claim on day 1, dude. I can't see any reason why a townie wouldn't be thinking like this, so you've got to be Mafia.
Does this mean there can only be 1 PR?
No. But if for example someone claims town cop, there probably isn't going to be a second cop so if someone claims that role and you know it's your role then you can assume that the other person is lying
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:51 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 646, BlackStar wrote:Power role. It means you're not a vanilla townie
In post 649, MariaR wrote:No there can be many pr's it just depends on the number of people and the number of mafia I'd guess we have at least 2 pr or this would be mafia sided.
In post 650, Map Wolf wrote: There can be any number of PRs, though usually less than half of all players have a power role.
In post 651, BlackStar wrote: No. But if for example someone claims town cop, there probably isn't going to be a second cop so if someone claims that role and you know it's your role then you can assume that the other person is lying
I see, thank you all!
Rosske
Rosske
Goon
Rosske
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:47 am

Post by Rosske »

In post 652, BigYoshiFan wrote:
In post 649, MariaR wrote:No there can be many pr's it just depends on the number of people and the number of mafia I'd guess we have at least 2 pr or this would be mafia sided.
In post 650, Map Wolf wrote: There can be any number of PRs, though usually less than half of all players have a power role.
In post 651, BlackStar wrote: No. But if for example someone claims town cop, there probably isn't going to be a second cop so if someone claims that role and you know it's your role then you can assume that the other person is lying
I see, thank you all!

why are you still voting me after this lovely lesson you just got?
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:57 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 653, Rosske wrote:
I see, thank you all!

This lovely session didn't have any effect with my vote on you. The fact that you just acknowledged my vote after this strengthens my scumread on you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 578, Dwlee99 wrote:why do you think I am bussing and not just right and pushing scum
You have a history of bussing. If Ira flips scum why should I ignore that? I also may or may not be paranoid that you voted Rosske without scumreading him.

:facepalm:

TBF Black, he's asking him to clarify if he's (rosske) is a PR. Its dumb and kinda rolefishing but its not the wanting him to claim his role you think it is.

Also "PR" depends on the context. It can stand for power role, post restriction, protective role and maybe some others I can't think of off the top of my head.

As for setup speculation...I always assume mods aren't derps and the game is balanced and thus the game is 50%=1 VTs. And 3 scum is a 13 is the most common but 4 have been know to exist. So I'd argue that there is atleast 3-4 prs in this setup.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 655, Nero Cain wrote:As for setup speculation...I always assume mods aren't derps and the game is balanced and thus the game is 50%+1-2 VTs. And 3 scum in a 13 is the most common but 4 have been know to exist. So I'd argue that there is atleast 3-4 prs in this setup.
fixed

also follow up

3 scum=6 or 7 VTs=3-4 prs so 6vt=4pr, 7vt=3pr, 8vt=2pr etc
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:36 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Okay I have a history of bussing but what makes my push seem like it is a bus? Like you know I have a history of bussing but why assume that I am bussing instead of looking at my push and realizing I am just town that is correct?
I prefer they, thanks :)
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 657, Dwlee99 wrote:Okay I have a history of bussing but what makes my push seem like it is a bus? Like you know I have a history of bussing but why assume that I am bussing instead of looking at my push and realizing I am just town that is correct?
It doesn't, his pushes are poorly thought out and nonsensical.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 653, Rosske wrote:
I see, thank you all!

Oh, so now you're a PR? Say it explicitly...
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:45 pm

Post by MariaR »

Please someone read Iraon's iso and tell me how you can say "hm I think mafia is typing that"
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by iraonavp »

VOTE: Nero Cain
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Nero/Ira today imo
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 660, MariaR wrote:Please someone read Iraon's iso and tell me how you can say "hm I think mafia is typing that"
Is this a too dumb to be scum argument? I think really idiotic posting is going to come from both alignments so....What has really made you lean town on him?

DW is OMGUSing me how cute.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I'm not OMGUSing you. I don't think you or ira are both town or both scum.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 663, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 660, MariaR wrote:Please someone read Iraon's iso and tell me how you can say "hm I think mafia is typing that"
Is this a too dumb to be scum argument? I think really idiotic posting is going to come from both alignments so....What has really made you lean town on him?

DW is OMGUSing me how cute.
I don't really think it's a "he's to dumb to be mafia it's that a "his playstyle doesn't seem mafia" I've never seen this type of play before and I just can't see it being from scum
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 664, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't think you or ira are both town or both scum.
explain

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by MariaR »

What makes Nero scummy @ anyone please
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:04 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 666, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 664, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't think you or ira are both town or both scum.
explain
I think one of you has to be right here. Like you as town should be right about this (especially since I share your read) and iraonpvp seems fairly certain in his read. I can see you both being scum in some weird way with you bussing awkwardly kinda but that doesn't seem likely.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

that's totes junk bro. I'm good but using BOP against me is fucking stupid and pitting a me vs. ira and someone has to be right is totes scum motivation/chain lynching.

BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 669, Nero Cain wrote:that's totes junk bro. I'm good but using BOP against me is fucking stupid and pitting a me vs. ira and someone has to be right is totes scum motivation/chain lynching.
"totes," are you kidding me? (Triggered)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

zzz k
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

????

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:DW

We should be doing this 'cause there is like no town motivation in his 668.
In post 501, iraonavp wrote:
In post 485, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 458, Dwlee99 wrote:rosske wagon is the best wagon
Why?
You're on the wagon... Why would you even ask this?
In post 503, iraonavp wrote:This seems like a scum-aligned thought process, because "wagon resistance" is usually scum-aligned logic to throw shade onto the wagon.
These two posts are mainly why I am scumreading Ira.

DW jumped on the Rosske wagon 'cause ???? And I asked him why. 501 could be Ira light defending DW here.

Wagon speed/wagon resistance is usually a decent indication of a whether a wagon is on town or scum. And its something that I've used plenty in the past. I have NEVER EVER EVER seen scum go "oh this wagon is going fast so it must be a mislynch!" and it was pretty scummy and lame how he couldn't back up his argument.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE

I was
NOT
the only one to question the wagon speed/lack of resistance on Map. So Ira using it as a scumtell for me but not the others is scummy.

I also just got the general vibe that Ira was scum whining about that mislynch opportunity gone away.

What I can't tell is if DW is pitting me against IRA to try to get me to back off him or if he's pitting us against each other 'cause he knows its a TvT and he's setting up a chain lynch.

But anyways

Scum are in DW, Ira, Yoshi and CR.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I knew I was gonna be scum read for it but I like saying what is on my mind and not concealing my thoughts about the game as town. Ive seen people use the "oh theyre trying to chain lynch" reason to scum read people and it is almost always used to scum read town. And when has the strategy of setting up chain lynches as scum ever worked? It never does. It never will. It isnt like I will be able to say "nero flipped town ira is definitely scum!!" or vice versa, it just affects my reads and is how I think the flips will determine your or ira's alignments.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”