Mini Normal 1814 Machiavellian Mafia (Game Over)

No Retreat
No Retreat
Goon
No Retreat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by No Retreat »

DAT BACKPEDLING!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 675, No Retreat wrote:DAT BACKPEDLING!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

mhmm ikr
such backpedal by expounding on my post
I prefer they, thanks :)
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by MariaR »

Can someone tell me what chain lynch is
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by MariaR »

Who are you?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

that was nero..
:facepalm:
Chain lynching is like saying "we are gonna lynch x y and z until one flips scum"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

chain lynching is lynching people back to back. No Retreat is my alt that I accidentally posted here with.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by MariaR »

Oh is that what you're getting sr for? I should be lynched ASASP then because I do that all the time lol

P-edit: (P edit is like post edit right?) thank you!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 668, Dwlee99 wrote:I think one of you has to be right here. Like you as town should be right about this (especially since I share your read) and iraonpvp seems fairly certain in his read.
In post 674, Dwlee99 wrote:It isnt like I will be able to say "nero flipped town ira is definitely scum!!" or vice versa
These two statements contradict. Your 668 deff says that I have to be town and right on Ira but if I'm wrong on Ira then Ira is right.

that is a completely different argument than "Oh I could see Nero pushing a mislynch on Ira so if Ira flips town then it means Nero is scum."

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:35 pm

Post by MariaR »

I still don't get the giant sr on either of the 3 players unless I'm a blind bat I guess I should re read a bit because I have all 3 of you in my top 5 I don't want to lynch list (btw how do you guys feel about said list agrees disagrees?) Well you obv disagree with some reads but you understand what I'm asking.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 683, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 668, Dwlee99 wrote:I think one of you has to be right here. Like you as town should be right about this (especially since I share your read) and iraonpvp seems fairly certain in his read.
In post 674, Dwlee99 wrote:It isnt like I will be able to say "nero flipped town ira is definitely scum!!" or vice versa
These two statements contradict. Your 668 deff says that I have to be town and right on Ira but if I'm wrong on Ira then Ira is right.

that is a completely different argument than "Oh I could see Nero pushing a mislynch on Ira so if Ira flips town then it means Nero is scum."
are you gonna argue over semantics right now. It is pretty clear that I never thought you were definitely scum if ira flips town or vice versa. Key word: Definitely.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

DW, what do you like about Ira's case on me?

Maria, why do you think town would EVER go "one of you HAS to be right on the other (and if you are wrong you are scum)."

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 686, Nero Cain wrote:DW, what do you like about Ira's case on me?

Maria, why do you think town would EVER go "one of you HAS to be right on the other (and if you are wrong you are scum)."
Well I agree that in itself is scummy (I assume this post is towards DW) I have him marked as town mostly because he's tone seems like upset town to me
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 685, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 683, Nero Cain wrote:

are you gonna argue over semantics right now. It is pretty clear that I never thought you were definitely scum if ira flips town or vice versa. Key word: Definitely.
ok, So your argument that one of us had to be right about the other was ??? 'cause I honestly see no other explanation but pitting one against the other.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Nothing..
I think that ira is scum. I'm saying on the off chance he flips town you could be scum cause of it.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by iraonavp »

Dwlee never said that.

Dwlee sounds much more genuine in his latest posts than Nero Cain, who is grandstanding heavily.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by MariaR »

I think Nero took the post as Dw saying it HAS to be scum but DW meant it as it Nero could be scum who caused the lynch am I right?
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by iraonavp »

Posts like this are over-the-top compared to how NeroCain seems to be trying to settle things in his other posts. Like he just is pointing out something scum-aligned Dwlee did triumphantly even though he knows Dwlee is town-aligned...
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 691, MariaR wrote:I think Nero took the post as Dw saying it HAS to be scum but DW meant it as it Nero could be scum who caused the lynch am I right?
Yes he misrepresented it as that when Dwlee tried to explained how that wasn't the case. There was more nuance in Dwlee's argument but all that NeroCain chose was the surface level.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 690, iraonavp wrote:Dwlee never said that.
In post 668, Dwlee99 wrote:I think one of you has to be right here.
In post 668, Dwlee99 wrote:I think one of you has to be right here.

one
has
to be right

gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by gerryoat »

holy crap this got kinda active. Can we get a vote log if possible? I'm pretty sure like 6 people changed their votes. Right now, I see no reason to change my vote on BYF. I still don't like the things I explained earlier. ira/nero and ira/byf aren't teamed imo from what I can tell with ira' interactions so far. I don't think rosskee and byf are teamed either. Those are some small reads I have rn.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why do you think I'm teamed with Ira?

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

~semantics~
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

oh AREN'T, nm.

iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 674, Dwlee99 wrote:I knew I was gonna be scum read for it but I like saying what is on my mind and not concealing my thoughts about the game as town. Ive seen people use the "oh theyre trying to chain lynch" reason to scum read people and it is almost always used to scum read town. And when has the strategy of setting up chain lynches as scum ever worked? It never does. It never will. It isnt like I will be able to say "nero flipped town ira is definitely scum!!" or vice versa, it just affects my reads and is how I think the flips will determine your or ira's alignments.
This sounds honest and it makes me trust Dwlee.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”