- frog, Parama, Creature
[L-2]

frog (2)
- Titus, thenewearth
[L-3]

Not Voting (3)
- grapes, GuiltyLion, Dunnstral

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline for Day 3 is Friday, August 5th at 9PM EST.

Mod Notes

None!

In post 2107, Parama wrote:i do wish frog was actually around and posting more though, especially since he's posted on-site elsewhere since his last post here
Sorry, was a little busy yesterday and only had time for a small post elsewhere. As you say, thenewearth, Titus, and I 'all can't even care' since we each know the other(s) is/are scum. I'm not about to come in here and out-of-hand dismiss one half of what people are discussing whilst proclaiming the other half for truth, since it is pretty obvious what my perspective would be. What I can offer at this point is limited.
In post 2070, GuiltyLion wrote:Okay so first point of order is my inventory that I received last night was two slots of Dog Residue, so I did not get a MTT Steak. Someone (Creature) needs to claim if they gave me 1 or both of those.

Next I think frog's post is outed scum basically giving up, it doesn't sound like he genuinely believes that the lovers are scum.
How did you get that reading from my posts? What happened after GreyICE flipped was pretty monumental for the gamestate, and caused a rethink in every player in this game. A little confusion is to be expected; consider that you avoided that by coming into Day 3 a little later, after everybody had collected their thoughts. Either way, if I was 'outed scum basically giving up', why didn't I self-hammer at L-1? The truth of the matter is that I am actually
not
outed scum, nor am I willing to just let my latent ability go unused after I tried to preserve knowledge of it yesterday. I have a chance to kill a member of the mafia tonight, and if I don't do that then I can confirm a player as town. Mislynching that is clearly not optimal, and the least I want before a lynch was for everyone to have at least considered other possibilities in the event a Day 4 happened. Go back and reread; does it still look like 'outed scum giving up' to you?

Regarding the back-and-forth between Parama and Titus: it's quite apparent from even a cursory glance at his recent posts that Parama is considering a variety of alternatives, with me as scum and others as my partner(s), and with Titus and thenewearth as scum and a potential third mafia. The former would surely fit into Titus' own definition of useful discussion, so I can't see why he's dismissing the entire thing as 'word vomit'. This is with his most recent post asking us to take our time and make things clear, which will only happen with discussion. Thenewearth hasn't written much and hasn't answered questions regarding her assumptions, but has seemed to expand her lynch pool in posts #1995 and #2005, something Titus would have an issue with according to his #2118. Neither of them are really exploring even though, logically, they should be searching for my partner. My perspective is already known, but I imagine this would look like scummy behaviour from the outside.
Last edited by SnarkySnowman on Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:47 pm

Post by grapes »

So you're a vig?
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:48 pm

Post by frog »

If I target scum, I am a vig, if I target town, I am a doc (and, by extension, a cop).
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:49 pm

Post by grapes »

Oh a deathkeeper actually, nevermind.

pedit: yea i just reread your claim
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Post by grapes »

Don't think town has one of those.
Plus a watcher.
Plus whatever greyice was.
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:14 pm

Post by frog »

The conclusion that it isn't balanced can't be made as readily as you think, especially not from other perspectives. If you're to be believed, then scum have a roleblocker, which would even things out, and the preponderance of fruit vendors lessens the utility of watcher anyway. If you're not to be believed, then town doesn't have a watcher and scum may or may not have other roles. Regardless of other scenarios, GreyICE's role is clearly rather 'swingy' and JaeReed's role was weak. Also keep in mind that I only get to use this ability once, and consider further that there could be two or three scum. So, whatever assumptions you make or other claims you believe, it is plausible. Think about the converse, though; with a weak role, lots of fruit vendors, a limited self-watcher, and a neutered watcher, how likely is it that town have lovers on top of that?

Speaking of claims, GuiltyLion is, I think, the only player who has not yet claimed their character or role. Would it be worth him claiming? If it is MyLo then there's no reason for him not to, and if it isn't, it will be soon enough that it can't hurt.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

by the way if frog really is town grapes needs to be watching frog

most likely scenario there is that grapes is nightkilled and frog is roleblocked but if we have a doc role that'd be cool

Of course I'm getting ahead of myself without figuring out which side is town/scum
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:16 am

Post by Titus »

Hey Dunn, You said I didn't respond to Para. What of his is worth responding to?

@Frog, Can you rank your reads with reasons? :) I want you locked into giving associative tells.

@Grapes, What's a death keeper?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:36 am

Post by Parama »

In post 2129, grapes wrote:Don't think town has one of those.
Plus a watcher.
Yup, the watcher is scum too, nice job.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:36 am

Post by Creature »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:37 am

Post by Creature »

frog wouldn't lie about being fruit vendor, specially when mettaton could be anything else.
Sigh
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Parama »

Like how did you think that was gonna turn out. That's not an argument against frog in the slightest as long as grapes is still alive and not alignment-confirmed.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:44 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2133, Parama wrote:
Plus a watcher.
Or Frog is and you're just steadfastly refusing to lynch your buddy. Here's another implicit defense of Frog.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:46 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2127, frog wrote:If I target scum, I am a vig, if I target town, I am a doc (and, by extension, a cop).
Then where are your results?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Parama »

In post 2137, Titus wrote:
In post 2133, Parama wrote:
Plus a watcher.
Or Frog is and you're just steadfastly refusing to lynch your buddy. Here's another implicit defense of Frog.
yes, TNE literally did the exact same thing towards grapes. yet I'm the one who's scummy for it. Nice one.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:03 am

Post by Parama »

In post 1946, frog wrote:I also have a latent ability
that activates today
(hence the reluctance to claim yesterday). If I am alive Day 3, I transform into Mettaton EX and become able to target a player at night: if they are town, they are protected from kills, but if they are not town, they die. This ability, however, is only one-shot, and if by some miracle you don't mislynch me today I will state who I will be targeting before Night 3 sets in so we at least get a confirmed townie, if not a dead mafia member.
reading comprehension: not titus' strong suit.
this was posted after you joined, ftr, so you don't even have the excuse of not reading the thread
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:20 am

Post by frog »

In post 2132, Titus wrote:Hey Dunn, You said I didn't respond to Para. What of his is worth responding to?

@Frog, Can you rank your reads with reasons? :) I want you locked into giving associative tells.
Well, considering I think it's likely two scum, that puts you and thenewearth firmly in the scum pile and everybody else in the town pile for quite self-evident reasons, wouldn't you think?
In post 2138, Titus wrote:
In post 2127, frog wrote:If I target scum, I am a vig, if I target town, I am a doc (and, by extension, a cop).
Then where are your results?
So I understand not having read all of the game up to this point, but are you telling me here that you haven't even read today's posts?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:27 am

Post by Parama »

i doubt there's only two scum if the lovers are scum, even though they're probably not lovers
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:48 am

Post by frog »

Well, if there is a third scum, then my current guess would be either grapes or GuiltyLion. That's largely based on their unwillingness to poke around though, and I don't feel like I've yet heard enough from everybody today. A more concrete statement will have to come later (especially if GuiltyLion claims).
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:49 am

Post by Creature »

You could target GuiltyLion.
Sigh
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:51 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

frog, why would it be protown for me to claim right now?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:59 am

Post by frog »

Because it is potentially MyLo, and because this would give the rest of us the final bit of information necessary for a full discussion of which roles make sense as which alignment based on game balance?

If you feel like it isn't in our best interest for you to claim, then don't. I just think it could be beneficial, I can't think of any reasons why it could hurt, and there's certainly not going to be a
better
time to claim.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Parama »

frog, if guilty was scum, he could've easily lied about his inventory to frame you, so I find it unlikely, and certainly far less likely than grapes
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:43 am

Post by Parama »

for the record frog should target grapes. If grapes is town, then that's a doc on the watcher. If grapes is scum, there is probably no scum RB and grapes will die.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:54 am

Post by Titus »

@Parama, When you're spamming so much, it's hard to read anything. I'm familiar with the tactic. I am a master of it.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”