2016 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

I believe I said last year Brady was getting a bit worse than he deserved

I agree with Bella on Fritz > Geno. I also agree with her on Cardinals beating Pats.

I disagree with her on the pats other games. I see JJ watt and Wilfork dismantling Jimmy Garoppolo. And I think one of MIA or BUF is gonna get lucky as well
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

Given the suspensions a few steelers players are facing, I'm not so sure. Not to mention the health issues some players have had in recent years

I think AFC will shake out to be (In no particular order): NE, PIT, JAX, OAK, DEN, Best of
KC
or CIN or NYJ

I believe NE (at least) is gonna have tie breaker over NYJ given NE won division last year and thus has harder schedule
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... suspension

:eek: I thought for certain he'd be out for the season again. How many chances has he been given now? I've lost count

Wouldn't be suprised if he failed another drug test before preseason
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by PJ. »

4 games for failing 3(4?) drug tests? At least he didn't possibly maybe deflate some balls and say no to illegal search and seizure, right?
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Zulfy »

Ego

Go pack go.
no investigation no right to speak
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

que the Nero is crazy talk but I don't think the jets should resign Fitz
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

If the jets want a
chance
to win this season and not alienate Decker and Marshall they will need to overpay for Fritz

What I think is best is they should try Geno for a bit. I know that sounds crazy but we have not seen Geno truly play with these new jets in this new system. The odds of him surprising us all are slim but so are their chances of winning the division even with Fritz. Sometimes you got to play the long game. Giving Geno or even Petty a shot is the best thing they can do in life without Fritz.

Sadly what I think will happen is Jets will do this strategy and when Geno and Petty fail, they will fork out money to Fritz. If they fork it out to Fritz mid season Fritz won't be able to save them in time. Jets will have an overall failure of a season, Geno will take the blame and Bowles will surely also be blamed. It won't be all their fault but Jets fans are gonna treat it like it is. And if Fritz don't get paid to come in midseason, he will either be back with the Jets next year while getting paid what he isn't worth or the Jets will get a high draft pick QB and just move on. The move on track is again better for them in the long run
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I think Chan Gailey is awesome and Geno hasn't been a starter under Gailey yet. Geno wasn't super horrible or anything last year where as Fitz was fairly inaccurate and
ONLY
threw 15 ints 'cause Decker+Marshall is a good WR tandem. Reserve my seat for the Geno bandwagon.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:08 am

Post by Bella »

At least if the Jets start Geno we'll know who the 5th best starting QB in the AF East is.
It's not Brady, Tannehill, Garoppolo or Taylor
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

Then we agree on what is best for them but not on if Geno will succeed. I would like to see him succeed, it would be a great turn arround story

P-edit: Bella put it best again, Geno may be 6th for all we know. We have not seen Petty yet
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

unless NE has fixed their oline enough the wheels are gonna fall off brady

Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Bella »

Considering the only problem with the NE O-Line was half of them being injured at the end of last year, and they're pretty much all back, I don't think that's a worry.
Show
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:12 am

Post by Egg »

Robert Griffin has a better chance of succeeding than Geno Smith.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:50 am

Post by PJ. »

I'm pretty sure NE has won a superbowl with a much worse o line
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by AGar »

HEY LOOK THAT ZEKE PICK LOOKIN' REAL GOOD RIGHT NOW, RIGHT JERRY?

DID YOU EJACULATE A BUNCH OVER YOUR NEW TRIPLETS THE PAST FEW MONTHS?

BECAUSE OUR D-LINE KEEPS GETTING FUCKING SUSPENDED THEY'RE SO HAPPY.

FUCK.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

Agar, with Bosa off the board, who would you have picked for the cowboys? Buckner?

Would you have avoided picking any RB in the draft and rolled with Morris+Mcfadden?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:40 am

Post by Egg »

So Nick Foles.

Best fits in order:
1. Jets
2. Browns
3. 49ers
4. Cowboys
5. Broncos
6. Cardinals
7. Colts
8. Chargers
9. Bills
10. Falcons
11. Ravens
12. Patriots
13. Chiefs
14. Bears

Discuss

Also, if he goes to the Jets, what does that mean for Fitzpatrick? Obviously, he wouldn't get paid anything near what he thinks he is now (and he may or may not anyway). But when he lowers his price, does one of the above teams add him? Or maybe he'd be more willing than Foles to be a true backup and could go elsewhere? Or is he stuck playing in Canada?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:52 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Just want to point out that fantasy signups close next week. Link is in the OP of this thread.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 41, Egg wrote:Best fits in order:
1. Jets
2. Browns
3. 49ers
4. Cowboys
5. Broncos
6. Cardinals
7. Colts

8. Chargers
9. Bills

10. Falcons

11. Ravens

12. Patriots
13. Chiefs
14. Bears
Obviously He'd be a backup in any of Dallas/Clevland/Arizona/San Diego/NE/KC or Chicago. Would he be the eventual future? Maybe

I'm going to root for a Foles/Kelly reunion since I believe in Geno and the Browns are going to ride RG3 so I don't really see them picking him up.

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:20 am

Post by Egg »

This late in the offseason, he's a backup most anywhere he signs. With the exception of the Jets, best case scenario is an opportunity to compete for the starting job (Browns, 49ers and maybe Broncos).

The Jets might stick with Geno, or more likely sign Fitzpatrick, but if you put Foles on that roster as it stands now, I personally believe he's the most proven QB on that roster and deserves the first chance to start barringing an amazing preseason from someone else.

You might be right about Cleveland, but even if Griffin is their guy, let him compete with McCown for the #2 spot, cut whoever loses (hell, there's a good chance it's Foles due to McCown's experience with the team) and re-sign him if Griffin hasn't shaken that injury bug, assuming he's still availible.

Dallas is a good situation for him because of Romo's recent injury struggles, the great O-line that the Cowboys have, and Dez Bryant as a top WR. If he gets to play this year and Romo retires or the team decides to move on from him, he's set up for a good future if he plays well.

Most of the teams on my list have QBs who have had recent injuries or QBs who the team may want to have a backup plan if they start poorly. While I don't think benching Flacco or Ryan would be the best idea for the Ravens or Falcons, they are teams who may struggle and may decide to make some changes.

You crossed off the Bills and Colts. The Bills (for whatever reason) don't feel completely safe with Tyrod, so Foles would be a nice veteran backup who is ready to play. The Colts, I'm already thinking I placed them too high, but Luck never really had an injury problem before last year so his return might be iffy. We don't know if it's going to be one thing after another like some players tend to be, but an insurance policy isn't a bad idea either way.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 42, Kmd4390 wrote:Just want to point out that fantasy signups close next week. Link is in the OP of this thread.
just a follow up but we need 4-5 for the main one and 5-6 for the auction

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 41, Egg wrote:So Nick Foles.

Best fits in order:
1. Jets
2. Browns
3. 49ers
4. Cowboys
5. Broncos
6. Cardinals
7. Colts
8. Chargers
9. Bills
10. Falcons
11. Ravens
12. Patriots
13. Chiefs
14. Bears

BC Lions
Hamilton Tiger-Cats
L.A Kiss
Cleveland Gladiators
Goodbye Nick Foles.

Discussed.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

:lol:

Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Bella »

2. 49ers - The obvious fit, Foles had his great season with Kelly, Kaepernick has questions about his commitment to the team right now and the other options are Blaine Gabbert, Thad Lewis and a sixth round rookie.
3. Jets - Obvious need since right now they're starting Geno Smith
4. Colts - They have Luck, but Foles is a clear upgrade on Morris and Tolzein.
5. Bills - Taylor's in the last year of his deal, they've concluded EJ Manuel's a bust and they'll need at least a veteran backup to help Cardale Jones develop for next year.
6. Chargers - They need to replace Rivers, so inv4sting inFoles migth be weise, although Mettenberger wasn't that bad with the Titans even if he didn't win, and might well be the QB of the future there.
Browns
- Off the table, they're rolling with RGIII and have two QBs with starting experience and a newly drafted rookie on the depth chart - they're not going to unsettle RGII and they don't need a back-up.
Cowboys
- Off the list, because no matter how banged up Romo gets, Jerrah still believes he's invincible, plus they like Kellen Moore and they just drafted Prescott.
Broncos
- They drafted their QB of the future, signed Sanchez as the veteran presence and they're high on Siemian who might end up as the starting QB Week One.
Cardinals
- Palmer may be old, but they believe in Drew Stanton as his replacement and backup, no sense wasting money on Foles.
Falcons
- Matty Ice isn't going anywhere and Schaub's an acceptable back up.
Ravens
- Flacco isn't going anywhere and they have backups with starting experience who're perfectly acceptable. May change if Mallett has off the field issues.
Patriots
- More on Foles side - he had a great 2013, wasn't that bad in 2014 and so I doubt he'd want to get cut after week four.
Chiefs
- They don't need a startying QB, and their backups are a collection of young guys who could all end up replacing him.
Bears
- Cutler and Hoyer are both better than Foles, and behind them they've got a couple of young guys. No need.

Those are the teams Egg listed, ranked by likelihood of signing Foles, and explaining why I don't think he'll sign for the others. You'll notice I don't have anybody in the #1 slot, because you didn't mention my pick for his next team.

1. Saints - The major omission from your list, Brees is out of contract at the end of this year, with no chance of being tagged and currently no progress being made on an extension, plus he's 38. Behind him they've got Luke McCown (whop's 35 and not really a QB of the future) and Garrett Grayson.
Show
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well Jets just resigned Fitz so Foles to Jets ain't happening.

Return to “General Discussion”