Mini Normal 1814 Machiavellian Mafia (Game Over)

iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:29 am

Post by iraonavp »

In post 939, Elyse wrote:Anyone up for a last minute BlackStar wagon?
No...

I will only support lynching you, NEROCAIN, Rosske, or Comparing Realities.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 930, Comparing Realities wrote:-DW and Nero get in a meaningless two-page squabble because a poorly worded post from DW looked like he was calling Nero as scum regardless of the Ira flip.
I still don't really agree with this. FMPOV it deff looked like DW was setting up shop to push me if Ira flipped town.
In post 931, Comparing Realities wrote:gerryoat began the game with Ira as one of his biggest town reads
gerry is this true? If so why did you downgrade Ira?
In post 943, Wake1 wrote:For those wondering about the lack of activity, in general I dislike Day 1 because there's nothing concrete to work with; I observe interactions Day 1.
d1 is best day. So lurking out day1 is generally anti-town but I know you come from a site that encourages anti-town play so...

but I also didn't hate Skold so there's that. I've heard you lurk as scum so I think a meta dive is in order.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:23 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 950, iraonavp wrote:
No...

See it's posts like this that I don't understand how you people can say !scumIra I feel like Ira would be down with any lynch if he was scum sitting at L-1 for so long because I don't see any of these lynches happening
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:27 am

Post by Wake1 »

No...

Could you explain more on that please?
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 951, Nero Cain wrote: but I know you come from a site that encourages anti-town play so...
Does poop normally dribble out of your mouth, or is this just a bad day?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

a site with Titus, House, and Celt ya you guys play anti-town.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 930, Comparing Realities wrote: Main happenstances of the game so far (as far as I can recall from memory, add to this if I missed something):

-Right after game starts, Dwlee claims day cop and guilties I think Elyse, looking for reactions.
-People react, none of the reactions look particularly alignment-indicative.
-While that episode is at its apex, Map makes a soul-crushingly self-destructive post wherein he votes Elyse, promises to get Dwlee tomorrow if this doesn't work out, and tells people not to hammer Elyse.
-BOOM Map is at L-1
-While the wagon is mounting, Black "reaction tests" Elyse in such a bizarre way that it's clear it wasn't actually a reaction test, but him regretting something he'd said a few posts ago and wanting to erase it from our conscience.
-BYF and Ira get around to talking about Map, and things get salty
-BYF words a post extremely strangely, calling Ira a "fellow townie" as though he knew Ira was town. In my opinion, it was just a slip of the pen, nothing of any true import, but it did seem weird what with BYF fighting Ira so hard in that conversation.
-Everything peters out suddenly when Ira slams on the brakes and says he townreads BYF now, no hard feelings.
-Map returns, tries to explain some stuff, people unvote because lynching someone not even halfway into the first day is stupid, everyone is left with a lingering feeling of doubt and remorse surrounding Map. They remain the second most popular lynch candidate today.
-A wagon starts on Rosske for reasons I don't quite remember, but I do think his reaction to being wagoned was poor.
-I return with a super-long post where the most notable moment was my consolidating the case against Ira. I remain the biggest advocate for an Ira lynch now.
-Rosske wagon peters out, people try to draw logical conclusions.
-DW and Nero get in a meaningless two-page squabble because a poorly worded post from DW looked like he was calling Nero as scum regardless of the Ira flip.
-A small movement to restart the wagon on Map is made, largely led by Elyse. This is discouraged by Maria's logic that Map can't be scum because nobody was resisting the Map wagon in the first place. Scum would have helped their buddy, right?
-Elyse argues that the wagon did have resistance, it must have, because it did run out of support in the end.
-Nero notes that this is confusing.
-Elyse clarifies, saying that nobody is actually lynched that early D1, which made it safe for the resistance to be implicit, quiet, being the last person to vote to ensure less townies on the wagon, and being the first to unvote to create anti-bw momentum. Also, I just realized something about a particular player.
-I test Elyse by asking if she scumreads me, because a pivotal logical foundation she used to justify this reasoning was that nobody is lynched early D1, and I was the only person in the game who had previously mentioned that logic. It was actually a test to see if she could level-two scumhunt, which I cannot do and it would be useful if some of us could.
-Elyse fails the test to find the logical inconsistency (I as scum wouldn't have publicly mentioned that logic in the first place), therefore reducing my faith in the Map wagon.
-DW unlynches Ira after Elyse suggests that mafia could quickhammer before we find a different lynch candidate.
-Rosske switches his vote from Ira to BYF.
-And here we are, I probably missed some important stuff along the way though.
In post 909, Wake1 wrote:What's the case on iraonavp?
Makes suck pushes on people backed by lackluster logic, OMGUSes people when it is noticed their pushes are suck, was generally scummy during the interaction with BYF (personal opinion. Some say that fight suggests Ira as town and BYF as scum, or both of them as town), made bad attempts to keep the wagon on Map, who they probably just saw as a target to shift the lynch to, and in 515-520 made accusations with absolutely no basis in fact, and repeats this process until the day ends. Also makes a huge number of low-content posts.
How much resistance was there in response to any of the wagons?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:34 am

Post by iraonavp »

House, just read it yourself! The only people who are answering your question are scum-aligned and trying to sway your opinion.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:35 am

Post by iraonavp »

In post 953, Wake1 wrote:
No...

I think they are likely to be scum-aligned and I only vote players who I think are scum-aligned...
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 955, Nero Cain wrote:a site with Titus, House, and Celt ya you guys play anti-town.
Titus came from this site, and House/Klingon came from my political site. They're all good players. Who are you to open your whore mouth and say they're anti-Town? In comparison to whom? You? You with your asshole behavior thinking you can insult me and my friends?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:37 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 957, iraonavp wrote:House, just read it yourself! The only people who are answering your question are scum-aligned and trying to sway your opinion.
I know what I'm doing, ira.

Now I'd hear your side in detail.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:39 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 958, iraonavp wrote:
In post 953, Wake1 wrote:
No...

I think they are likely to be scum-aligned and I only vote players who I think are scum-aligned...
Too broad.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

"Nero is insulting me and my friends. Wah wah wah."-Wake 2016

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Wake1 »

No...

What is it about Nero Cain that irks you?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Maria explain how any of this stuff comes from town.
In post 840, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 836, iraonavp wrote:Basically what Nero Cain does is try and accuse Elyse and then votes other people off the assumption of them being partners, both of them do this and there is unfounded confidence from both of them.
I was scumreading you long before Elyse and all of my votes (MP, Rosske, DW) had like shit all to do with them being buddies with anyone. And as much as I dislike Elyse its not like her crusade against Map has anything to do with anyone being buddies with anyone. Its like you are posting and commenting on the game but the game you are commenting on isn't the game being played.
In post 925, iraonavp wrote:
In post 915, Nero Cain wrote:I understand if you had a big town read on IRA and said you didn't want to vote him but you don't so I'm not quite sure why you flat out refuse to do so.
This is not something that a town-aligned player says about me if they think I am scum-aligned.
In post 501, iraonavp wrote:
In post 485, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 458, Dwlee99 wrote:rosske wagon is the best wagon
Why?
You're on the wagon... Why would you even ask this?
In post 503, iraonavp wrote:This seems like a scum-aligned thought process, because "wagon resistance" is usually scum-aligned logic to throw shade onto the wagon.

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:45 am

Post by Wake1 »

What I am asking everyone here to do is list the players you're currently willing to lynch and those you aren't.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:51 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 956, Wake1 wrote:
In post 930, Comparing Realities wrote: Main happenstances of the game so far (as far as I can recall from memory, add to this if I missed something):

-Right after game starts, Dwlee claims day cop and guilties I think Elyse, looking for reactions.
-People react, none of the reactions look particularly alignment-indicative.
-While that episode is at its apex, Map makes a soul-crushingly self-destructive post wherein he votes Elyse, promises to get Dwlee tomorrow if this doesn't work out, and tells people not to hammer Elyse.
-BOOM Map is at L-1
-While the wagon is mounting, Black "reaction tests" Elyse in such a bizarre way that it's clear it wasn't actually a reaction test, but him regretting something he'd said a few posts ago and wanting to erase it from our conscience.
-BYF and Ira get around to talking about Map, and things get salty
-BYF words a post extremely strangely, calling Ira a "fellow townie" as though he knew Ira was town. In my opinion, it was just a slip of the pen, nothing of any true import, but it did seem weird what with BYF fighting Ira so hard in that conversation.
-Everything peters out suddenly when Ira slams on the brakes and says he townreads BYF now, no hard feelings.
-Map returns, tries to explain some stuff, people unvote because lynching someone not even halfway into the first day is stupid, everyone is left with a lingering feeling of doubt and remorse surrounding Map. They remain the second most popular lynch candidate today.
-A wagon starts on Rosske for reasons I don't quite remember, but I do think his reaction to being wagoned was poor.
-I return with a super-long post where the most notable moment was my consolidating the case against Ira. I remain the biggest advocate for an Ira lynch now.
-Rosske wagon peters out, people try to draw logical conclusions.
-DW and Nero get in a meaningless two-page squabble because a poorly worded post from DW looked like he was calling Nero as scum regardless of the Ira flip.
-A small movement to restart the wagon on Map is made, largely led by Elyse. This is discouraged by Maria's logic that Map can't be scum because nobody was resisting the Map wagon in the first place. Scum would have helped their buddy, right?
-Elyse argues that the wagon did have resistance, it must have, because it did run out of support in the end.
-Nero notes that this is confusing.
-Elyse clarifies, saying that nobody is actually lynched that early D1, which made it safe for the resistance to be implicit, quiet, being the last person to vote to ensure less townies on the wagon, and being the first to unvote to create anti-bw momentum. Also, I just realized something about a particular player.
-I test Elyse by asking if she scumreads me, because a pivotal logical foundation she used to justify this reasoning was that nobody is lynched early D1, and I was the only person in the game who had previously mentioned that logic. It was actually a test to see if she could level-two scumhunt, which I cannot do and it would be useful if some of us could.
-Elyse fails the test to find the logical inconsistency (I as scum wouldn't have publicly mentioned that logic in the first place), therefore reducing my faith in the Map wagon.
-DW unlynches Ira after Elyse suggests that mafia could quickhammer before we find a different lynch candidate.
-Rosske switches his vote from Ira to BYF.
-And here we are, I probably missed some important stuff along the way though.
In post 909, Wake1 wrote:What's the case on iraonavp?
Makes suck pushes on people backed by lackluster logic, OMGUSes people when it is noticed their pushes are suck, was generally scummy during the interaction with BYF (personal opinion. Some say that fight suggests Ira as town and BYF as scum, or both of them as town), made bad attempts to keep the wagon on Map, who they probably just saw as a target to shift the lynch to, and in 515-520 made accusations with absolutely no basis in fact, and repeats this process until the day ends. Also makes a huge number of low-content posts.
How much resistance was there in response to any of the wagons?
Nobody was resisting map wolf's wagon. People went back and forth on the rosske wagon until he crumbed that he was a pr. And on the Ira wagon there's like an even split right now between people who think he's scum and people who think he's town
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:52 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 965, Wake1 wrote:What I am asking everyone here to do is list the players you're currently willing to lynch and those you aren't.
I'm 90% sure that Ira is scum. Map wolf and Yoshi are also kind of suspect and I don't like some of Elyse's posts
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:53 am

Post by Wake1 »

Roughly how many posts did it take for MAP to get 6 votes?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 967, BlackStar wrote: I'm 90% sure that Ira is scum.
Based on what?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

oh yeah, that's another thing. Ira was trying to get Ross to hard confirm he was a pr thus rolefishing.

BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:58 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 969, Wake1 wrote:
In post 967, BlackStar wrote: I'm 90% sure that Ira is scum.
Based on what?
He makes horrible post after horrible post, he OMGUSes almost everyone who suspects him except me for some reason. It feels like he's trying to buddy me so that I'll unvote him. He jumps at every opportunity presented to him to put the heat onto someone else. And the logic he uses to back up his posts are the weirdest things I've ever seen. He also said some contradictory stuff during that argument he had earlier with Yoshi.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:59 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 970, Nero Cain wrote:oh yeah, that's another thing. Ira was trying to get Ross to hard confirm he was a pr thus rolefishing.
That too
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 964, Nero Cain wrote:Maria explain how any of this stuff comes from town.
In post 840, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 836, iraonavp wrote:Basically what Nero Cain does is try and accuse Elyse and then votes other people off the assumption of them being partners, both of them do this and there is unfounded confidence from both of them.
I was scumreading you long before Elyse and all of my votes (MP, Rosske, DW) had like shit all to do with them being buddies with anyone. And as much as I dislike Elyse its not like her crusade against Map has anything to do with anyone being buddies with anyone. Its like you are posting and commenting on the game but the game you are commenting on isn't the game being played.
In post 925, iraonavp wrote:
In post 915, Nero Cain wrote:I understand if you had a big town read on IRA and said you didn't want to vote him but you don't so I'm not quite sure why you flat out refuse to do so.
This is not something that a town-aligned player says about me if they think I am scum-aligned.
In post 501, iraonavp wrote:
In post 485, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 458, Dwlee99 wrote:rosske wagon is the best wagon
Why?
You're on the wagon... Why would you even ask this?
In post 503, iraonavp wrote:This seems like a scum-aligned thought process, because "wagon resistance" is usually scum-aligned logic to throw shade onto the wagon.
Yeah I find a lot of these posts slightly scummy or null but not every town has a perfect game of no scummy posts I feel like a lot of people who pushed on Ira in the first place have either subconsciously scumread everything Ira says or haven't looked at him as a whole
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by itlepip »

Guess who's back?
Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

"Show him the fucking bread"
-Ether June 12, 2016, at 11:14 pm EST

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”