Mini Normal 1814 Machiavellian Mafia (Game Over)

itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by itlepip »

Not Machiavelli cause he's dead.

Votecount 1.12

The wise man does at once what the fool does finally.

Map Wolf:
Elyse, MariaR, BigYoshiFan [L-4]
iraonavp:
BlackStar, Comparing Realities, Nero Cain, Map Wolf [L-2]
Elyse:
Zap Rowsdower, iraonavp [L-5]
BigYoshiFan:
gerryoat, Rosske [L-5]

Not voting (3)
- Map Wolf, Wake 88, Dwlee,

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

(expired on 2016-08-01 12:00:00) remain until day end

Last edited by itlepip on Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

"Show him the fucking bread"
-Ether June 12, 2016, at 11:14 pm EST
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 931, Comparing Realities wrote:
In post 915, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 912, gerryoat wrote:It makes me wanna die of boredom. I swear we've been doing the same thing for like 5 days straight.
complains about there not being a lynch but is the reason we haven't had a lynch. :facepalm:

I understand if you had a big town read on IRA and said you didn't want to vote him but you don't so I'm not quite sure why you flat out refuse to do so.
gerryoat began the game with Ira as one of his biggest town reads, next only to Skold. He's probably just slow to respond. He said earlier he doesn't see a town case on Ira, but he found the case against Ira insufficient to lynch them. I'd believe it were it not for Ira being fantastically scum.
gerrybroat, explain your full read on Ira.
I don't think I ever used the word TR for him. But, I believe I said that I liked his posts. I don't "TR" people early on in the game. Then, I remember during his exchange with Ira and BYF, I didn't like his posts as much. It seemed like he was grasping at straws at some points. But, I don't think BYF and Ira are teamed because of their argument earlier.. So since I scumread BYF, I don't think Ira would be his partner. Why tf would I flip to ira when I already stated BYF and him aren't teamed and I scumread BYF more.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 929, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 925, iraonavp wrote:This is not something that a town-aligned player says about me if they think I am scum-aligned.
Soooo....apparently I can't recognize the reason that Gerry is not voting you and I'm scummy for thinking his reasons are crap?
Nero that last post of mine was addressed to you too so you can see why I won't flip to Ira from BYF.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 950, iraonavp wrote:
In post 939, Elyse wrote:Anyone up for a last minute BlackStar wagon?
No...

I will only support lynching you, NEROCAIN, Rosske, or Comparing Realities.
When did you change your mind on BYF and why? I think you said it before, but I am too lazy to reread for it lol.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by gerryoat »

How much time is left? and can we get a vote log again?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

2 days 9 hours left I think.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:09 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 963, Wake1 wrote:
In post 950, iraonavp wrote:
In post 939, Elyse wrote:Anyone up for a last minute BlackStar wagon?
No...

I will only support lynching you, NEROCAIN, Rosske, or Comparing Realities.
What is it about Nero Cain that irks you?
In and others, NEROCAIN prematurely assessed Dwlee's behavior of what could be "chaining mislynches", but he only saw this because he knew that I was town-aligned. NEROCAIN uses logic to accuse Dwlee of being scum-aligned which only makes sense if he thinks I'm town-aligned, but he is calling me scum-aligned in OMGUS for most of the game. Therefore, NEROCAIN knows that I am town-aligned and is trying to mislynch me...

There are other things too, but that is the main reason and everything else just reinforces my opinion.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:15 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 970, Nero Cain wrote:oh yeah, that's another thing. Ira was trying to get Ross to hard confirm he was a pr thus rolefishing.
I didn't ask what his role was, only to say if he was a PR in more certain terms.

If I'm scum-aligned, I already know he's a PR. The only possibilities are that he's a PR, or he's scum-aligned and trying to make a vague PR claim. If I was scum-aligned there would be no reason to ask him.

Anyway, that's still entirely WIFOM because why would a scum-aligned player do that openly if it was actual "rolefishing"?

You're trying to use an overly rigid supposed "scumtell" to convince newbies when you don't subscribe to it yourself.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:29 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 971, BlackStar wrote:
In post 969, Wake1 wrote:
In post 967, BlackStar wrote: I'm 90% sure that Ira is scum.
Based on what?
He makes horrible post after horrible post, he OMGUSes almost everyone who suspects him except me for some reason. It feels like he's trying to buddy me so that I'll unvote him. He jumps at every opportunity presented to him to put the heat onto someone else. And the logic he uses to back up his posts are the weirdest things I've ever seen. He also said some contradictory stuff during that argument he had earlier with Yoshi.
This is completely untrue, I don't OMGUS vote... In fact, I am perpetually unaware of the vote counts usually.

I think you are just paranoid of me but I just think you're town-aligned... If I thought you were scum-aligned you would just say I was OMGUS voting you, so there's no way to win here unless I just don't play! The fact is that I think you are town-aligned and I really don't see a problem with that.

You never pointed out anything contradictory and the logic you are using in this very post makes less sense than anything I have ever posted.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:50 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 982, iraonavp wrote:
In post 970, Nero Cain wrote:oh yeah, that's another thing. Ira was trying to get Ross to hard confirm he was a pr thus rolefishing.
I didn't ask what his role was, only to say if he was a PR in more certain terms.

If I'm scum-aligned, I already know he's a PR. The only possibilities are that he's a PR, or he's scum-aligned and trying to make a vague PR claim. If I was scum-aligned there would be no reason to ask him.

Anyway, that's still entirely WIFOM because why would a scum-aligned player do that openly if it was actual "rolefishing"?

You're trying to use an overly rigid supposed "scumtell" to convince newbies when you don't subscribe to it yourself.
What is this?
In post 983, iraonavp wrote:
In post 971, BlackStar wrote:
In post 969, Wake1 wrote:
In post 967, BlackStar wrote: I'm 90% sure that Ira is scum.
Based on what?
He makes horrible post after horrible post, he OMGUSes almost everyone who suspects him except me for some reason. It feels like he's trying to buddy me so that I'll unvote him. He jumps at every opportunity presented to him to put the heat onto someone else. And the logic he uses to back up his posts are the weirdest things I've ever seen. He also said some contradictory stuff during that argument he had earlier with Yoshi.
This is completely untrue, I don't OMGUS vote... In fact, I am perpetually unaware of the vote counts usually.

I think you are just paranoid of me but I just think you're town-aligned... If I thought you were scum-aligned you would just say I was OMGUS voting you, so there's no way to win here unless I just don't play! The fact is that I think you are town-aligned and I really don't see a problem with that.

You never pointed out anything contradictory and the logic you are using in this very post makes less sense than anything I have ever posted.
Every tin anyone is suspicious of you you attack them and assume that they're scum. You've voted a few people because they voted you. This is a fact. And you even OMGUSed me in this same post when you said that my post made less sense than any of yours. It didn't, by the way
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:59 am

Post by iraonavp »

That is why I am asking Rosske to say if he is PR or not, and why NEROCAIN's accusation is nonsense...

---

Except that isn't actually true!

Most of the people voting me did so after I called them scum-aligned first, you didn't even check...

I haven't voted anyone because they voted me, there is always another reason. I know this is true because I never consider who is voting who when I read people.

You don't even know what OMGUS is, that's probably why! I still think you are town-aligned, it's not OMGUS to say that someone is wrong if they vote you... :roll: Only if you vote them back with no other reason.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 982, iraonavp wrote:If I'm scum-aligned, I already know he's a PR.
no you don't. If you are scum you know that he's not on your team and most likely town. There was no reason for you as town to make SURE he was a pr. I think his pr claim was clear and if he were to backtrack later sure, then I could see you are me or someone making a big deal over it but there's scum motivation in getting him to confirm.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:01 am

Post by Wake1 »

When someone is at L1, you get them to claim.

You don't have them crumb 'Oh, I'm a PR,' and then be done with it.

By having them hard-claim it becomes less easy for Scum to backtrack. Like, say, Doctor that claimed Day 1 yet miraculously is still alive Day 4.

f Scum at L1 crumbs being a PR, he's got the whoooole game to come up with a convincing fakeclaim,
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:52 am

Post by BlackStar »

@ira You voted BYF because he voted you, you keep taking your vote on and off of Nero because he's one of the people who is pushing for your lynch the hardest and you made this ridiculously bad post. It's the very definition of OMGUS because all those people are people who were suspicious of you
In post 624, iraonavp wrote:Okay, right now we should just lynch Rosske, Map Wolf, Nero Cain, Elyse, and BigYoshiFan. That should be enough people to kill and we will end up with all or almost all the scum-aligned players dead.

This can be called Operation Kill Nero Cain and if you want to support it, simply type VOTE: Nero Cain, alternatively we could lynch someone else...
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:06 am

Post by iraonavp »

In post 986, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 982, iraonavp wrote:If I'm scum-aligned, I already know he's a PR.
no you don't. If you are scum you know that he's not on your team and most likely town. There was no reason for you as town to make SURE he was a pr. I think his pr claim was clear and if he were to backtrack later sure, then I could see you are me or someone making a big deal over it but there's scum motivation in getting him to confirm.
This is all objectively untrue!
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:07 am

Post by iraonavp »

In post 987, Wake1 wrote:When someone is at L1, you get them to claim.

By having them hard-claim it becomes less easy for Scum to backtrack. Like, say, Doctor that claimed Day 1 yet miraculously is still alive Day 4.

f Scum at L1 crumbs being a PR, he's got the whoooole game to come up with a convincing fakeclaim,
Yes, that's the logic I'm using except Rosske
didn't even claim PR, he was even more vague and just said that he was "special"
!
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:16 am

Post by iraonavp »

In post 988, BlackStar wrote:@ira You voted BYF because he voted you
No I obviously didn't because I gave other reasons why...
you keep taking your vote on and off of Nero because he's one of the people who is pushing for your lynch the hardest
No obviously didn't because I gave other reasons why...
and you made this ridiculously bad post. It's the very definition of OMGUS because all those people are people who were suspicious of you
In post 624, iraonavp wrote:Okay, right now we should just lynch Rosske, Map Wolf, Nero Cain, Elyse, and BigYoshiFan. That should be enough people to kill and we will end up with all or almost all the scum-aligned players dead.

This can be called Operation Kill Nero Cain and if you want to support it, simply type VOTE: Nero Cain, alternatively we could lynch someone else...
That isn't the definition of OMGUS at all. Those are people who I thought were scum-aligned and whether or not they were voting me is entirely out of the picture. I'm sorry but you're just terrible if you think that any subset of {People voting me} and {People I think are scum-aligned} is "wow so scum-aligned omgus!!".

You're frustrating me now because you're so illiterate and you even think that your opinion matters enough to keep pushing it when you're clearly wrong.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:23 am

Post by BlackStar »

1. I'm not illiterate and you're dumb for saying that
2. You're the one in the wrong. You've been suspecting people just because they suspect you this entire game and now you're trying to pretend that you haven't done that. It's BS
3. Why'd you ignore the post where I asked why you said that if you were scum you'd already know that rosske was a pr?
Rosske
Rosske
Goon
Rosske
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Rosske »

It would be so easy for scum to just engage Ira and just keep going back and forth with him over all his stupid comments and just blend right in to town. If Ira is town he's a really safe mislynch to push. Looking at BlackStar now.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:29 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 993, Rosske wrote:It would be so easy for scum to just engage Ira and just keep going back and forth with him over all his stupid comments and just blend right in to town. If Ira is town he's a really safe mislynch to push. Looking at BlackStar now.
Go right ahead
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Elyse »

VOTE: BlackStar

Let's do this
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:08 am

Post by iraonavp »

In post 992, BlackStar wrote:1. I'm not illiterate and you're dumb for saying that
2. You're the one in the wrong. You've been suspecting people just because they suspect you this entire game and now you're trying to pretend that you haven't done that. It's BS
3. Why'd you ignore the post where I asked why you said that if you were scum you'd already know that rosske was a pr?
Oh, of course! That makes more sense now, you've convinced me with your compelling arguments.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:12 am

Post by iraonavp »

In post 993, Rosske wrote:It would be so easy for scum to just engage Ira and just keep going back and forth with him over all his stupid comments and just blend right in to town. If Ira is town he's a really safe mislynch to push. Looking at BlackStar now.
Sure that's a possibility, but he could just be doing that and town-aligned... This isn't evidence at all. I think he actually believes what he's saying and is town-aligned.

Your read on me develops unnaturally, suddenly you decide that I am town-aligned enough to base other reads off me being town-aligned. It's like what NEROCAIN did, replacing Dwlee with BlackStar, only less extreme.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:14 am

Post by iraonavp »

In post 987, Wake1 wrote:When someone is at L1, you get them to claim.

Rosske, do you acknowledge this?

If you're town-aligned (which I highly doubt), you are being incredibly anti-town and uncooperative.
Map Wolf
Map Wolf
Goon
Map Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by Map Wolf »

I kinda want to lynch Elyse. Not that Iraon has made much of a case of himself (i mean he hasn't even responded to BlackStars questions)
“The biggest defeat is to not lose”
-MapWolf

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”