Open 646 - Semi Nightless - Game Over (D6)

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:56 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 1474, Transcend wrote:Can we get a different host for this it's fucking annoying waiting forever for him when I don't think he has time to host it.

No, he's due for a prod. After three it's a force replace, but we have to wait.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:57 pm

^ btw that was my 666th post on the site :shifty:
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:58 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

tojam2 Jul 14, 11:39am Aug 05, 07:53pm 2 days 6 hours
Yeah this is getting ridiculous.
Nevermind a player being away for 7 days without getting prodded.
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:03 pm

Post by Transcend »

Lmfao
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:09 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 1379, Luna Fox wrote:PhantomCobalt Jul 14, 08:10pm Jul 29, 10:03am 7 days 11 hours 28
Gotta love those prods.
@Mod: pls
Yeah remember that? fun times XD
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:02 pm

Post by Thor665 »

We should get Karnos back in here to mod, just like Chess Mafia.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

I prodded the mod - if he doesn't get here within 24 I'll drop a line to the list mod.
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:31 am

Post by Tenshii »

@Thor, PC > KTS even though you don't town read either of them because AT LEAST KTS has information to go off of to get an alignment read off him. PC is just gonna hardcore lurk the entire game. I don't see any reasonable explanation as to why a slot that has information to go off of (and assumingly will give more information in the futrue. ex: pc flip) should be lynched over a slot that's effectively just a 1 in X chance of it being scum.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

So it's a lurker slot you want to lynch - I'm okay with that.
But that's not a scum case.
That's a 'shouldn't be allowed to live till lylo' case.

Is it lylo yet?
No?
Okay then, we can lynch the slot with a scum case on them.

How do you feel about all the people handing you town reads - do you think that's deserved?
If so - why?
If not - why not?
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:44 am

Post by Tenshii »

What? What does it being lylo have to do with PC being lynched? And lynching scum slot, doesn't give you more info on the lurker slot. While lynching the lurker slot gives you more info on the scum slot. This is especially good considering that no one was absolutely sure on KTS being scum, so getting more info is always good. "I don't see any reasonable explanation as to why a slot that has information to go off of (and assumingly will give more information in the futrue. ex: pc flip) should be lynched over a slot that's effectively just a 1 in X chance of it being scum."

Idk. I know I'm town but I don't think I deserve a town read so to speak. Like, everything I've done makes sense as town. If that's what you mean then yes I deserve a town read, but I don't think anyone really deserves a town read so to speak. As for the ppl who are town reading me, at first, I thought I was getting town read to get buddied on but more people started town reading me so I realize there's some legitimacy to it.

Idk. I have the feeling I have the image of a VI and/or noob but like to me at least, everything I've done makes complete sense.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

For a derp lurk lynch, lylo matters a great deal, as long as we lynch him prior to lylo we are fine.
Lynching KTS gives just as much info as lynching PC - if you disagree please outline the difference in the information gained.
I don't think KTS was particularly giving brilliant info - if you would like to expand on the interesting thoughts he was offering I'm all ears.
I will agree no on ewas "sure" on KTS being scum - I am pretty sure the same would apply to PC, and certainly applied to Karnos.

So you figure "dunno where it's coming from, but it's all Jake"
Do you think the last scum is town reading you to buddy you - or is your theory only town are town reading you?

Can you pint out one of your actions in this game and explain the complete sense it makes so I can maybe see the town energy it should contain?
I am blatantly not town reading you, and find the read quite silly from others, so am duecedly confused by it and would love to see it explained.
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Tenshii »

Lynching PC gives info on KTS. Lynching KTS doesn't give info on PC. Therefore, that is more info. And it doesn't necessarily have to be info as in townreads or scumreads, but also info like reacting to the flip of PC.
In post 1485, Thor665 wrote:So you figure "dunno where it's coming from, but it's all Jake"
No idea what you mean by this.
Thor665 wrote: Do you think the last scum is town reading you to buddy you - or is your theory only town are town reading you?
I don't know yet. I'm inclined to believe the latter atm.
Thor665 wrote: Can you pint out one of your actions in this game and explain the complete sense it makes so I can maybe see the town energy it should contain?
Like me on Karnos? I still fully believe that he could've been the same way as town. He just happened to flip scum. So it makes complete sense for me to paint that as NAI. Or me attacking Phantom? Like I can't tell if you're just that deep in the hole or you truly don't get it. More information is always and undeniably good. Unless you are 100% sure on KTS being scum, you should always be happy to get more info on him. Keeping PC around will gain you NOTHING. PC will undeniably get lynched at some point. I don't see him getting nightkilled. The only way I can see PC giving info is if he just suddenly decides to start contributing.

Also I personally don't believe in asking a person to explain themselves to as why they are town. Like from your pov, anything I say to prove I'm town is just me painting a self meta that I'm aware of. It's like a loaded question. If I threw the question back at you and say for example you answered with "I attacked Karnos, and that makes me town." That implies that you wouldn't do that as mafia, and then because you yourself are saying that, it makes it lose credibility.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1486, Tenshii wrote:Lynching PC gives info on KTS. Lynching KTS doesn't give info on PC.
What would a town flip from PC have taught us about KTS?
In post 1486, Tenshii wrote:And it doesn't necessarily have to be info as in townreads or scumreads, but also info like reacting to the flip of PC.
You're saying there is no info to get from reactions to KTS' lynch?
In post 1486, Tenshii wrote:I don't know yet. I'm inclined to believe the latter atm.
Why did you change from scum buddying you to all town town reading you?
In post 1486, Tenshii wrote:Like me on Karnos? I still fully believe that he could've been the same way as town. He just happened to flip scum. So it makes complete sense for me to paint that as NAI. Or me attacking Phantom? Like I can't tell if you're just that deep in the hole or you truly don't get it. More information is always and undeniably good. Unless you are 100% sure on KTS being scum, you should always be happy to get more info on him. Keeping PC around will gain you NOTHING. PC will undeniably get lynched at some point. I don't see him getting nightkilled. The only way I can see PC giving info is if he just suddenly decides to start contributing.
I will agree that PC is going to get lynched this game unless we hit scum prior to that lynch.
I'm not following why your actions are supposed to read as town - they just look like opinions, like everyone has offered, yeah?
In post 1486, Tenshii wrote:Also I personally don't believe in asking a person to explain themselves to as why they are town. Like from your pov, anything I say to prove I'm town is just me painting a self meta that I'm aware of. It's like a loaded question. If I threw the question back at you and say for example you answered with "I attacked Karnos, and that makes me town." That implies that you wouldn't do that as mafia, and then because you yourself are saying that, it makes it lose credibility.
Self meta only loses credibility if it can't be supported.
You're the one saying you understand why all these people are town reading you - I'm not asking for self meta, I'm asking you to explain why their reads appear justified. You...do think they appear justified, yeah? You must, because you're calling them town. So - explain it.
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Tenshii »

In post 1487, Thor665 wrote:What would a town flip from PC have taught us about KTS?
In post 1487, Thor665 wrote:You're saying there is no info to get from reactions to KTS' lynch?
C'mon dude you're answering your own question. And I'm saying that there isn't any info to get from PC off a KTS lynch.
In post 1487, Thor665 wrote:Why did you change from scum buddying you to all town town reading you?
I said, at first I thought scum was buddying me, because I was only being town read by like 1 or 2 people. This was like early D1. Then eventually, aka right now, more people are town reading me. Logically speaking, not everyone who town reads me can be scum, therefore there is legitimacy to it.
In post 1487, Thor665 wrote:I'm not following why your actions are supposed to read as town - they just look like opinions, like everyone has offered, yeah?
That's obviously not the case considering Karnos got lynched. Obviously not the case since KTS got lynched over PC. Also I'm pretty sure I was the first to bring up these to the table (Karnos being NAI and attacking PC). If your deal is, what are things you have done that nobody else has done, then I'll point you to my townbloc idea or me bringing up the Karnos vs Giga interaction.
In post 1487, Thor665 wrote:Self meta only loses credibility if it can't be supported.
You're the one saying you understand why all these people are town reading you - I'm not asking for self meta, I'm asking you to explain why their reads appear justified. You...do think they appear justified, yeah? You must, because you're calling them town. So - explain it.
"Self meta only loses credibility if it can't be supported." What? Meta is using things like a tell, or behavior, or something that indicates a person is town or scum. Like if X has a meta of only being aggro as mafia, then that's his meta. As soon as he becomes aware of it, then it becomes irrelevant, because X will adapt by either not being aggro as mafia, or start playing aggro as town. My point being, I'm bringing up things I'm self aware of.

I, me, myself, think I'm being town read because of what I have done this game. Therefore, their reads are justified.

I'll be online if you wanna keep the convo going. Quick replies pl0x.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

I am looking into the missing mod situation right now. If I can please get roles from all players to aid in the game recovery that would be appreciated. As a hammer has occurred I am locking the thread. Once I have the information I need I will post a lynch scene.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Killthestory (6) - gigabyteTroubadour, Luna Fox, Thor665, mhsmith0, Rosske, Io
Luna Fox (2) - PhantomCobalt, Transcend
PhantomCobalt (1) - Tenshii
Transcend (1) - Killthestory

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch

Note for the time being I will be acting as the mod and dark blue is my color, please do not use it. I am also making a modification to Rule #5, a vote made with bold tags is a valid vote in my book. Im old and am from the time before vote tags. Get off my lawn.

Lynch scene will be up depending on how fast you get roles in. Quicker the better.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:01 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Thanks to killthestory for getting me his role so we can speed this up. I am still waiting for a few roles but we can continue the game for now.

killthestory - Vanilla Town - Lynched Day Two

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline for Day Three is August 23rd, 7PM PST
Co-host of The USL Show
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:17 pm

Thanks LlamaFluff for taking over!

Before I speedvote anyone, I think we should definitely resolve the townbloc issue. As it stands, I'm in favor of {Myself, Io, Thor, Transcend, Luna}. I should probably clarify for Thor that, after the Karnos flip, Tenshii became less townie to me, which is why I'm going to advocate against putting him in the townbloc.

I think what's up for debate is {Transcend, Luna} being in there. I'd like to know what everyone else's thoughts are on this.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

While i dont mind that townbloc i think Trascend is going to be very against it.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:43 pm

In post 1493, Luna Fox wrote:While i dont mind that townbloc i think Trascend is going to be very against it.
Well that's why it has to be discussed, if someone who's surviving to endgame is going to end up trying to lynch you then we'll be fucked in LYLO.

Scum would probably want to tailor a Transcend/Luna/{whoever} LYLO, which I think would be really difficult to win. Especially if the last scum (or rather, wolf) is Smith.

I also don't know if it's better to get rid of the scummier players outside of the townbloc first or to get the less scummier ones to make LYLO easier.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Tenshii »

I agree with the bloc, and we should be getting rid of the scummiest first. The only reason lylo will be hard is if there's a reason for the bloc to collapse in the first place.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Transcend »

Will post thoughts when i get home regarding the bloc and something else that recently just occurred.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:45 pm

In post 1495, Tenshii wrote:I agree with the bloc, and we should be getting rid of the scummiest first. The only reason lylo will be hard is if there's a reason for the bloc to collapse in the first place.
A bloc with Luna and Transcend together is likely to collapse, that's the issue.

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

A consensus town block is likely to attracts bullets within it until/unless the last wolf is lynched. Whether you think that's a bug or a feature is up to you I guess. I'm not terribly inclined to form any kind of strong town block; I'm happy to discuss my reads and see where things go, but I think it's important for everyone to continue to read everyone else, especially given the chance a wolf can slip into the block.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by Tenshii »

In post 1497, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:A bloc with Luna and Transcend together is likely to collapse, that's the issue.
Then why did you suggest it in the first place?

Return to “Completed Open Games”