Micro 635 - 09:12 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Accountant »

@eagersnake: That implies that there's
some
degree of seriousness there, can you explain why?
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:34 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Sure. I am testing a tell that I can't fully explain without a bit of effort but it has to do with something I think scum does regularly on their first couple posts in a game. A Simple Plan was the closest to it so without much to go on they get my vote. Then Maverick1102s naked vote on me I didn't like because I just played a game with him where I was scum and I feel like he thinks he can make me easy lynchbait here which he would want to do as scum. Also I remember him being more charismatic and organic which I obviously don't feel that on a naked vote

Basically just did it so I could have a record and see how right/wrong I was in the end
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:35 am

Post by Accountant »

Maverick's on V/LA, so wouldn't it be natural to attribute his lack of charisma/explanation to that?

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:12 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 24, Ümläüt wrote:I have feelings about eager's last post, but I'm not sure what they are.
Why did you post this
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:06 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 27, Accountant wrote:Maverick's on V/LA, so wouldn't it be natural to attribute his lack of charisma/explanation to that?
Yeah I considered it
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:12 am

Post by Ümläüt »

In post 28, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 24, Ümläüt wrote:I have feelings about eager's last post, but I'm not sure what they are.
Why did you post this
Pick one:
  1. I wanted to do something in the way of contributing but I have nothing in the way of reads yet except "Eager's post feels funny"
  2. I wanted to say something but I had nothing useful to say so I figured I'd just shitpost instead
  3. I wanted to see how Eager took that post (it seems he didn't take it at all)
  4. All of the above
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:35 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

With Eager's posts, it is probably simply some incredibly weak RVS stuff. The question is whether Umlaut's reaction is scummy. If the answer is D, I am leaning weakly scum on Umlaut.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:40 am

Post by Accountant »

C is the most scummy answer but I have 0 idea wht Umlaut inexplicably decided to present the answers in MCQ format.

BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:41 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

in my opinion, the MCQ format as it is seems to suggest the answer D.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:42 am

Post by Accountant »

Then I agree with your assessment(weakly scum)

VOTE: Umlaut

Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:47 am

Post by Ümläüt »

Wait, why is C the scummiest answer?

Anyway, Accountant did a better job drawing out an explanation from Eager than I did, so townread there. But, Accountant, bow do you take his answers? I like BTD's assessment on that but I don't know if you agree with it.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:36 am

Post by Accountant »

Because as a reaction test 24 is BS, it wasn't likely to draw anything interesting from snake and was more wishy washy than anything.

I think snake is just latching on to the first person he recognizes in RVS and trying to apply last game's meta as best as able. Weakly town.

A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:58 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 32, Accountant wrote:C is the most scummy answer but I have 0 idea wht Umlaut inexplicably decided to present the answers in MCQ format.
as a whole and Umlaut's response to questioning on it are poor. A and B suggest makeshift effort as a way of dodging prods, whereas C suggests real purpose, so I don't believe it's both; it's simply a way of dodging the question.
In post 33, BTD6_maker wrote:in my opinion, the MCQ format as it is seems to suggest the answer D.
D isn't exactly logical based upon how the others options read. If he does it both because he wants to test reactions and because he doesn't have anything useful to post, his reaction test in its entirety isn't useful. My guess is that he's trying to cover up a senseless post with the idea of a reaction test.
Accountant wrote:I think snake is just latching on to the first person he recognizes in RVS and trying to apply last game's meta as best as able. Weakly town.
Applying meta based upon what he suggested was lack of confidence in posting, especially on page one, is too strong of a meta play, and can either be read as newbtown, or my guess, newbscum trying to hard to make it appear a contribution.

VOTE: Snake

Coupled with not actually offering an explanation beyond "something (he thinks) scum does regularly" early on, to me says he's making up a reason for his RVS.

Accountant, how does choosing someone you recognize and going after them count as random?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:59 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

By the way, I think that was L-2 on Snake.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:12 am

Post by Accountant »

What do you mean "too strong of a meta play"? As opposed to what, a meta-FoS? And definitely it isn't random, his attempt to generate a lead in RVS and push the game out reads as weakly town to me. Yes, it isn't the strongest reasoning, but what do you expect on page 1?

Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:18 am

Post by Ümläüt »

Accountant, if you think that's what Snake is doing then you also think he's making up his own reason for his vote, so why don't you find that suspect?

I answered like that because I felt stupid saying "I wasn't really doing anything with it." I would have liked to believe it was A or C, but it was probably more B than I'm happy to admit.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:27 am

Post by Accountant »

I think snake has 0 clue what is going on, so he latched onto the one thing he does have, which is his metaread, and tried to use that as a basis for a push to move the game forward. I like that. During RVS, town is clueless and scum holds all the cards, so this cluelessness and accompanying attempt to push the game forward(trying to get a better idea of the game) reads as town to me.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:37 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

ASP what's your read on Umlaut? I'm confused as to why you seem to have valid reasons for finding Umlaut's play to be illogical and senseless, but then vote on Snake instead for a reason that reads to me like you invented it yourself.

I don't see the evidence here that "he's making up a reason for his RVS". He didn't explain himself fully, but the reasoning itself may be there.

EagerSnake what is the tell you were referring to?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:25 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Basically it has to do with how scum doesn't know how different town groups feel about what is scummy at the beginning of a game so they like to keep their options open and ask questions about what others think is scummy. Maybe play both sides of a discussion, ask things like "who is scum" "what do you think about X" which is basically asking "am I a suspect" or "did I do anything suspicious"
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:36 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 41, Accountant wrote:I think snake has 0 clue what is going on, so he latched onto the one thing he does have, which is his metaread, and tried to use that as a basis for a push to move the game forward. I like that. During RVS, town is clueless and scum holds all the cards, so this cluelessness and accompanying attempt to push the game forward(trying to get a better idea of the game) reads as town to me.
I think I know what's going on at least.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:44 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 43, eagerSnake wrote:Basically it has to do with how scum doesn't know how different town groups feel about what is scummy at the beginning of a game so they like to keep their options open and ask questions about what others think is scummy. Maybe play both sides of a discussion, ask things like "who is scum" "what do you think about X" which is basically asking "am I a suspect" or "did I do anything suspicious"
I'm not really following how ASP was doing that in .
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:46 am

Post by eagerSnake »

He was the closest to it I saw at first did you see anyone else that fits the script better
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:53 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

No, I don't really see anyone that fits that script. Now I am going to wait to see ASP's response to you elaborating this point.
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:01 am

Post by Ümläüt »

Weak townread on Eager for his responses here. I particularly like that he's refusing to accept a townread based on his "[having] 0 clue what is going on," it seems like scum would rather just accept whatever reason someone gives for calling them town.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by shaddowez »

V/LA on Weekends