Mini Normal 1814 Machiavellian Mafia (Game Over)

BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:34 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 1423, MariaR wrote:VOTE: CP

Not the one out of the 3 I'd go for but good enough none the less
So you don't scumread Rosske? Who are your scumreads so far?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:08 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1425, BigYoshiFan wrote:
In post 1423, MariaR wrote:VOTE: CP

Not the one out of the 3 I'd go for but good enough none the less
So you don't scumread Rosske? Who are your scumreads so far?
Gerry/CP 1 of Ross/Zap
Comparing Realities
Comparing Realities
Goon
Comparing Realities
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by Comparing Realities »

You have my condolences, Wake. Give your family whatever love you will accept from me.

Elyse - Zap Rowsdower [L-5]
BigYoshiFan - Gerryoat, Rosske [L-4]
Rosske - BigYoshiFan, Elyse [L-4]
Ira - Comparing Realities, Dwlee99 [L-4]
Comparing Realities - Nero, Ira, Maria [L-3]
Not voting (1) - Wake

Three days, twelve hours.

All is evidence. You've raised a few accusations against me; if I succeed in dispelling them, then do you agree that they are null and void? I've been waiting all game for Ira to raise an adequate defense. How disappointing it would be if I weren't offered the same courtesy.

Forethoughts: I expected as much from Ira, sheeping a BW started by Nero, one of Ira's principle scumreads, only because they dropped their scumread on Ira in the same post that they initiated the BW against the person who's pushing hardest for Ira's lynch. That's not OOC for them. But then; Maria gets a gold medal for New Zealand in Olympic Sheeping. Nero says he likes you, and immediately thereafter you're voting someone who isn't even among your top three scumreads. Look at the vote count. Shifting L-3 from Rosske to me did little, statistically speaking. However, are you honestly insinuating that I am scum, when BYF, Rosske, and Ira, the three most scumread people in this game, are sitting there ripe for the noose?
Do you honestly believe I ought to die, even though I'm not even in your top three scumreads list, in a situation with three scum left and only two MLs left before LyLo?
Or did you figure that my blood would fall on Nero's hands, and that you'd be relatively clear of suspicion for being on the wagon?
Do you legitimately not care who gets lynched?
Thank you, Nero; you did more for town in one unfathomable vote of your own than any amount of frustrated moaning apropos of Ira I could have done. You got the second scum.

Nero, so far as I can tell, your scumreading of me comes from four main factors [If I'm incorrect on this, say so]:

1) My apparent associations with DW (who you personally dislike) and/or Gerry
2) My telling Elyse to avoid confbiasing Zap, because that might have been mafia!CR knowing Zap was town
3) My beating up on Ira (parallel with DW, apparently)
4) (Probably) My "unwillingness to budge", unless you were referring to Gerry's "you can't convince me" line
In post 1417, Nero Cain wrote:Ira's play still blows and I have a hard time seeing his play from town but
I could imagine a town Ira with how CR and DW are treating him
A few things about this:
First, it's only suspicious if I'm treating him beyond unfairly, tunneling the frick out of him or refusing to be convinced.

Have I done that?
Yes, I have. I have, in fact, tunneled Ira.
Do you know why I've tunneled Ira?
Because I'm sitting here at my desk beyond flabbergasted each and every time I open the computer to see that, not only has everybody in this town just
conveniently ignored
the most spectacularly scummy mafia in the history of mafia, but they want a claimed PR to out
on day two
and they think this takes priority over actually
appropriately using their freaking lynches
to get said scum, and now I discover that the one person who really shared my frustration about Ira, who I actually had to criticize earlier for being
too
frustrated at Ira, has now started what is currently the most popular wagon partially because now "you can imagine a town Ira" what with the way the foul-tempered bastard that is I has been
treating him
So you might understand that I'm a
little cranky
about the situation, despite sort-of-successfully holding it together for the last couple days. The moment Ira flips is the moment town is shaken out of its drunken stupor.
Second, the suspicion is compounded as you have suggested if and only if me and DW have demonstrably been working in parallel paths.

Let's see what DW has had to say about Ira in, say, the last two hundred posts or so:
Spoiler: DW's case against Ira
In post 1243, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: ira
if nothing else policy
In post 1254, Dwlee99 wrote:i want to policy ira tbh
In post 1267, Dwlee99 wrote:I can feel the pressure
In post 1272, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1254, Dwlee99 wrote:i want to policy ira tbh
.[/quote
In post 1306, Dwlee99 wrote:oml
In post 1374, Dwlee99 wrote:Guys, ira needs rope
In post 1376, Dwlee99 wrote:oops lmao
VOTE: Ira
In post 1378, Dwlee99 wrote:just read his posts ???
In post 1381, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1379, MariaR wrote:
In post 1378, Dwlee99 wrote:just read his posts ???
Can I ask for your reads atm?
Dwlee99
Nero Cain
Zap Rowsdower *
BigYoshiFan *
MariaR
gerryoat
Rosske
Elyse
Comparing Realities
Skold Wake 88
iraonavp

something like this
In post 1421, Dwlee99 wrote:Lynch ira gdi

Yeah. Obviously me and he are both beating up on the poor, unassuming, adorable little Ira, ergo, Ira is town because we're beating up so badly on them, the implication being that scum isn't nice to town (surely you're not suggesting that town is overly nice to Ira, are you? Because that is both true, and exactly contrary to your wagon).
So, you've made clear your dislike of DW; are you sure this isn't just me and DW being associated together on one issue, thus making me look bad in your eyes? Hillary Clinton is a salty bowl of suck, and that ends up making all Democrats look bad, despite them only being nominally related to her? There's a logical fallacy for that...
You know, there's a reason I point out standard B-grade logical flaws when I somehow manage to be perceptive enough to catch them. It's because we just end up in ruts like these if you're not constantly holding the dog's nose in its own crap.

And as for Gerry?
In post 1393, Nero Cain wrote:I kinda think that Elyse is town if CR is scum. Like I can't get the idea out of my head that CR telling Elyse that her scumreading ZAP was conformation bias. That seems alot like a thing that scum would say that knows Elyse is wrong and knows Zap is town. I've also been secretly scumreading Gerry for awhile and when Marie put some pressure on him its why I said I liked her better now. His (Gerry) saying "you can't convince me on CR rn." kinda makes me think they could be scum buddies, idk.
[/quote]

You think I like it when people go into political zombie mode? Even then, was this that? I thought that "right now" bit was operative, as though he were anticipating it to change. Are you entirely sure this isn't just--heylookatwherewe'vecome--mafia knowing I'm town? I mean, if your logic were consistent, wouldn't you also kinda think I was town if Gerry were mafia...?
I'd also like to note that saying someone is town if another person is scum does not count as a glowing endorsement of their own towniness. I get the feeling that Nero was actually trying to townread Elyse here while simultaneously scumreading me, but when it's time to scumread Gerry in tangential, though not exact fashion, it also counts as me being scum. The situations are wildly different, but their foundational scumsumption are the same--mafia knows who town is and thus can make astonishingly accurate townreads.

And as for my unwillingness to budge, or any unspoken words we have left, I need only recite one of the fundamental tenants of rationalism:
The evidence must be as extraordinary as the claim.

UNVOTE: Ira

Spoiler: My new freaking vote. They have earned it.
...Thought I was about to OMGUS, did you?
Just who do you think I am?
VOTE: Ira
I have little hope for democracy as an effective means of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction.
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:36 pm

Post by itlepip »

Please don't put votes in spoilers >.>
Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

"Show him the fucking bread"
-Ether June 12, 2016, at 11:14 pm EST
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:22 pm

Post by MariaR »

I was not sheeping the reason I voted you was because of out of the 3 I named you were the one I wanted to lynch the least if I was voting in the people I sr the most I would be saying the scum team is

Ross/DW/Gerry now lets look at that from a vote standpoint from the 2 key votes atm
In post 1070, itlepip wrote:
Votecount 1.14 FINAL

For every dark night, there's a brighter day.

Map Wolf: MariaR, BigYoshiFan, Elyse, BlackStar, iraonavp, Dwlee, (SCUM) Nero Cain, [L-0]

iraonavp:
Comparing Realities, Map Wolf [L-5]
BigYoshiFan:
gerryoat, (SCUM) Rosske, (SCUM) Zap Rowsdower, [L-4]

Not voting (1)
- Wake 88,

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

(expired on 2016-08-01 12:00:00) remain until day end

[/quote]
In post 1375, itlepip wrote:

Votecount 2.5

it is necessary to whoever arranges to found a Republic and establish laws in it, to presuppose that all men are bad and that they will use their malignity of mind every time they have the opportunity.

Elyse
- Zap Rowsdower [L-5]
BigYoshiFan
- Gerryoat, (SCUM) Rosske (SCUM) [L-4]
Rosske
- BigYoshiFan, iraonavp, Elyse, MariaR[L-3]
Ira
- Comparing Realities, Nero Cain [L-4]
MariaR
- Dwlee (SCUM) [L-5]
Not voting (1) - Wake

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

(expired on 2016-08-17 12:00:00) remain until day end

If we check votes alone this team seems very unlikely because 2 of the scum have been hard pushing for Yoshi for the past 2 days when it's clearly not working do they think town would just keep on digging there own grave and be like "Okay this is working do not change a thing"

If you replace the names DW and Ross with Zap and CP that means all town were on Map and that's something I can see because of deadline reasons and scum saw this as an alibi and all 3 are pushing different lynches trying to see what one picks of steam

to make it simple CP the reason i'm voting you is the team of you/gerry/zap is the most plausible
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:38 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

You dont have ira in your scum team therefore you are wrong.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Elyse »

VOTE: CR
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1420, Wake1 wrote:Honestly, I'm pretty close to replacing out, because I'm getting hit pretty hard in my personal life (two deaths in the family).

That said, I'm surprised Scum haven't really tried to use my inability to stay relatively active against me.
bye Wake
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:25 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1415, iraonavp wrote:
In post 1414, Wake1 wrote:Checking in.

Not sure how I feel about iraonavp this game with all those ellipses.
What?
I told you dude, it's the way you talk lol. It's very scummy.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:26 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1417, Nero Cain wrote:
Gerry bussing/distancing from BYF is still a possibility.
LMFAO. YES, I'M BUSSING MY PARTNER FOR 2 DAYS STRAIGHT. VOTE HIM WITH ME
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:27 am

Post by gerryoat »

Does this guy even know the definition of Bussing? I don't understand how he can have that really shitty read. How an he partner read me and BYF, when I've tried to get him lynched 2 days straight.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:29 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1420, Wake1 wrote:Honestly, I'm pretty close to replacing out, because I'm getting hit pretty hard in my personal life (two deaths in the family).

That said, I'm surprised Scum haven't really tried to use my inability to stay relatively active against me.
Very sorry to here that. :(
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Says the guy thats being overly guarded about their reads. I've been in plenty of games where scum tunnel their buddy but nice attempt at insulting me.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:32 am

Post by gerryoat »

Comparing realities is obvious town and I'm starting to thing scum is starting a BW on him for NO REASON AT ALL. "omg gerry has 1 tr must be his partner!!! he's defending him!!" then Nero throws out the most garbage read of all time. "Gerry is distancing/bussing BYF!! He's prob mafia too!"
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:33 am

Post by gerryoat »

Honestly, I'm done being nice. Nero, you're either stupid or mafia right now for those shit reads. And "OMG!!!! he's cautious about mislynching!!! he's mafia!!!! OMG!!!!"
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:34 am

Post by gerryoat »

Please give me reasons as to why CP is mafia right now. ANd not because of me saying I would not lynch them.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:35 am

Post by gerryoat »

If I was mafia, why wouldn't I have tried to join the BW on Map Wolf yesterday. You guys blitzed him towards the end of the day when I even said he claimed VT. Why would maf claim VT and not fish.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why is CR obvious town?

Like I'm fairly sure you are just scum just replying and not really paying attention to the game but BYF isn't one of my main scumreads. Scum sitting on thier buddy is a possibility and that's all I'm saying it is. You being all hyper defensive and trying to discredit me is p scummy.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why is CR obvious town?

Like I'm fairly sure you are just scum just replying and not really paying attention to the game but BYF isn't one of my main scumreads. Scum sitting on thier buddy is a possibility and that's all I'm saying it is. You being all hyper defensive and trying to discredit me is p scummy.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1441, gerryoat wrote:Why would maf claim VT and not fish.
I'm not even sure what this is...like Map claimed VT b/c he was town?

gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:52 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1444, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1441, gerryoat wrote:Why would maf claim VT and not fish.
I'm not even sure what this is...like Map claimed VT b/c he was town?
When he had votes piling on him. He claimed VT. Why would he claim VT if he was mafia? Why not claim PR and try not to get lynched? Idk if fishing is used here sorry.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:53 am

Post by MariaR »

Gerry's acting so defensive and upset didn't you TR map also why are you THIS upset you can't hard townread someone that hard I don't get why you're so hyper all of a sudden.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:53 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1442, Nero Cain wrote:Why is CR obvious town?

I'm being defensive because you guys are trying to lynch the only TR I have this game. I don't see how you can't TR CR. Just look at their posts and thought process. I don't understand how you don't see it?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

ok....

like Map already flipped town so why are we still talking about him?

gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:55 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1446, MariaR wrote:Gerry's acting so defensive and upset didn't you TR map also why are you THIS upset you can't hard townread someone that hard I don't get why you're so hyper all of a sudden.
Hey, what are you gonna do when CP flips town? Lol. Then who will look stupid. Because I'm 10000% sure CP is town. Also. No, I DIDNT TR Map. I actually fos'd him until he claimed VT, then I thought idk if mafia would do that, so I didn't really want him lynched.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”