superbowl9, SoraAdvent, Hebee Inc
Hebee Inc [1]
HighHopes
Lycanfire [1]
light_ganski

Not Voting [1]
kyndy101, Sir Bastion

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2016-08-22 01:30:00)
pagetop count: Lilith 4 | Vedith 3 | HighHopes 2 | NJAC 2 | light_ganski 2 | Hebee Inc 1 | shaddowez 1 | kyndy101 1

Edited to reflect Sir Bastion's unvote
Last edited by lilith2013 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:29 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 400, lilith2013 wrote:I am now first in pagetops!
Which obvs makes you scum! (or an FA alt....)
V/LA on Weekends
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:51 am

Post by light_ganski »

In post 398, shaddowez wrote: What changed your kyndy town read to neutral/hard to read?
If Hebee is hard to read, why is the only time you mention them, instead of interacting and trying to form reads?
My original kyndy read was weak and based more on my gut feelings than anything else. In 357, she does two things I don't like: first says HH's playstyle is townie before saying she doesn't like HH's style of simply summarising reads - I don't see the need for her to effectively contradict himself here. Why exactly is she bothered with Sora's 342?
Overall I don't feel like I've been given much reasoning in her posts to town read or scum read her. If you put a gun to my head and asked town or scum I'd say town but only on pure gut feelings I've had all game.

Hebee hasn't said enough IMO. Their 193 would make me lean town if they'd said more but he hasn't. Would like to see if any of those 'unreadables' have changed for them.
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:46 am

Post by light_ganski »

In post 399, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 397, light_ganski wrote:VOTE: Lycanfire
Okay with <5 days till deadline you should probably either be convincing us really well and really fast to wagon Lycan or just voting one of the people being wagoned that you most want to lynch (NJAC based on your reads)
I think I've said I'm fine with lynching NJAC if it comes down to it but my gut scum read on Lycanfire is much stronger. Will jot up a few thoughts here:

Lycan's first post is 86 where he comes in and RVS votes Vedith, at a stage where we're already out of RVS in my opinion. He makes a couple of jokey posts before switching to superbowl in what seems to be
another
random vote at a very late stage. In 99 + 101 he then switches onto me for rather questionable reasoning. This was the point at which I first suggested he could be opportunistic scum, but he then didn't post for some time and I sort of forgot about him which is evident in the fact I put him as neutral in my first reads post.

In my other reads post I said he was playing antitown but didn't feel as if I could place him down as town or scum at the tie (being that he was a bit of an afterthought to my reads as he hadn't posted in some time, to which he responds in 266 practically instructing me to town or scum read him. At the time I made that reads post I was struggling to build a read out of the small number of posts he'd made but an overall look at his ISO doesn't impress me.

He later says 266 was his jokepost which looks bad if he's not being sarcastic and I don't think he is, that post consists of the majority of the content he has made.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:09 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 403, light_ganski wrote:I think I've said I'm fine with lynching NJAC if it comes down to it but my gut scum read on Lycanfire is much stronger.
What I'm saying is that time is now. This is how no lynches happen. The deadline comes a lot faster than you expect and the last thing we want as town is to have no decisive wagon on the same day as deadline. You trying to start a wagon on someone very few people are scumreading with this little time left (when you have a scumread with a wagon on them already) is not helping town unless you have some sort of big bombshell that would convince everyone to wagon lycan.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:04 am

Post by NJAC »

@SB:

Have you seen no lynches very often?

I think we have plenty of time, why the hurry?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:08 am

Post by NJAC »

That was addressed to superbowl ^
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 406, NJAC wrote:That was addressed to superbowl ^

you did that knowing I wrote a lengthy response didnt you.

goddamnit.
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:54 am

Post by NJAC »

What? I don't follow your comment?
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:11 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

@SB

sir bastion

Sir Bastion

I was answering your question about no lynches then got the follow up post.
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:27 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 328, SoraAdvent wrote:What is really interesting is that NJAC follows this up soon by somewhat agreeing with my post suspecting Vedith in 119, then immediately turning around and saying that Vedith is a part of the town-team in 120.
In post 119, NJAC wrote:@Sora:

I agree with what you said about Vedith. I'm also not a fan of his recent posts.

However Kindy is more in the townie side of null for me, but I'll let her defend herself.
In post 120, NJAC wrote: So, we are the Town-Team. Why is Lycan listed with us?
Hold your horses! You're misrepping me here :igmeou:.

1)
119 was in response to your 114 (partially quoted below). In it you didn't explicitly said you were suspecting him, you rather expressed some concerns on him but I'm pretty sure you called him town. I mean, with your wishy-washy long "read" on him, you said you liked him but at the same time you didn't like him. Look:
In post 114, SoraAdvent wrote:Vedith - I suppose the most notable things about Vedith are twofold. One, his reaction towards the scumteam suggestion NJAC put out, and two, his response.
I like the way that Vedith's acted so far, as he's definitely showing a willingness to contribute though he admits that the overall aim of the discussion was pointless - it definitely seems to be a town-oriented mindset
. However, his reactions towards kyndy101 and the other voters seem to be a little bit of an overreaction considering the relative lack of pressure on him. In that sense, then, I agree with Lycan's assessment that he's being over-defensive. What's more, he doesn't seem to be doing scumhunting on his own later on, which leads me to consider that he was participating in discussion for the sake of taking part in discussion. He also seems to have a few relatively useless posts that I'm not a fan of. They seem to be aimed at diffusing the tension while not contributing much at all - which is something I definitely don't like. Overall, though, I'm going to keep an eye on him and completely understand why people would vote against him.
The bolded part is something I agreed with, and the other concerns I partially agreed, because I was also in the process of reading him. So yeah, I agreed with what you said about Vedith but not completely and exhaustively. I especially agreed with the bolded part. I added that I didn't like his, at that moment, recent posts, and that was my way of saying I agreed with some of the concerns you expressed but not to the level of putting him in the scum pile.

2)
In 120 I didn't say Vedith was part of the Town-Team. Here you're lying. When I said "we are the Town-Team", that "we" was to mean those in the list. Vedith wasn't in the list. In fact he used his sarcasm to say we were not his buddies. So Shadow, Lycan and me were supposed to be the Town-Team, and Vedith wasn't our buddy.

This is really a bad attempt to make me look bad ScumSora. You can do it better :lol:.

More in another post because this one is already lengthy.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:33 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 409, Sir Bastion wrote:@SB

sir bastion

Sir Bastion

I was answering your question about no lynches then got the follow up post.
:lol:

Sorry. I realized you had been called SB through the game so I had to clarify.

Anyway feel free to answer that if you want :D.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:38 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 400, lilith2013 wrote:
Votecount 1.014

I am now first in pagetops!

light_ganski [3]
Lycanfire, shaddowez, Raskolnikov
SoraAdvent [3]
NJAC, Vedith, Sir Bastion
NJAC [3]
superbowl9, SoraAdvent, Hebee Inc
Hebee Inc [1]
HighHopes
Lycanfire [1]
light_ganski

Not Voting [1]
kyndy101

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2016-08-22 01:30:00)
pagetop count: Lilith 4 | Vedith 3 | HighHopes 2 | light_ganski 2 | Hebee Inc 1 | NJAC 1 | shaddowez 1 | kyndy101 1
FTR:

Light's wagon is not scumdriven.
Sora's wagon is not scumdriven.
NJAC's wagon has at least one scum in it.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:40 am

Post by NJAC »

I think superbowl is more in the townie side of null, so that leaves Sora and Hebee as potential scum on my wagon.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:10 am

Post by NJAC »

As for the rest of your , @Sora, I'm not going to comment on all the BS you say there.

I was defending Vedith because I disagreed with some people reading him as scum. Is that your reason for calling me scum? Bah!

My first interactions with Vedith gave me good town vibes. Other posts from him also gave me town vibes. As you said in your (what I bolded in one of my previous posts), he was "definitely showing a willingness to contribute".

If you want me to comment on something specific let me know.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:10 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 328, SoraAdvent wrote:OK here's

So for the vast majority of the game NJAC and Vedith seem to be reading each other as town based on this interaction here near the beginning of the game, after NJAC initially calls out Shadow for selfvotinghere in 20.

Then, after shadow posts this:
In post 46, shaddowez wrote: It's unlikely scum would be questioning my alignment
Vedith immediately agrees by posting this:
In post 55, Vedith wrote:
In post 46, shaddowez wrote:It's unlikely scum would be questioning my alignment
Shadow and NJAC are town then.
We're getting somewhere!
Agreeing with the IC immediately is something I didn't pick up on before, and that's a little suspicious in and of itself, how he just flat-out agrees without stating any reasoning whatsoever. The later posts seem to indicate he's not being sarcastic, either, since he maintains this throughout the game. Soon after he makes this post, which 'confirms' a town-team of NJAC/Lycan/Shadow with very little evidence of Lycan.

What is really interesting is that NJAC follows this up soon by somewhat agreeing with my post suspecting Vedith in 119, then immediately turning around and saying that Vedith is a part of the town-team in 120.
In post 119, NJAC wrote:@Sora:

I agree with what you said about Vedith. I'm also not a fan of his recent posts.

However Kindy is more in the townie side of null for me, but I'll let her defend herself.
In post 120, NJAC wrote: So, we are the Town-Team. Why is Lycan listed with us?
My theory is that he doesn't want to appear suspicious by immediately jumping to Vedith's defence as soon as I attacked him, regardless if Vedith's town or not, because if he did so it'll be really obvious that he's trying to protect him. In fact, if we assume Vedith's town and NJAC is trying to curry his favor (being aware of this), 120 becomes fascinating. He refers to Vedith as we even though there's no evidence supporting Vedith as town at that point. Sure, you could argue that NJAC's townslip was evidence of him being town, but on that basis alone he considered Vedith town himself? The fact that there's not an iota of suspicion on NJAC ironically makes me suspicious of him.

Or I could just be reading this wrong and it's sarcasm, so sue me.

~~~~

OK, so I may be reading way too far into this one, but I really don't like the feel of NJAC's defense of Vedith one bit in this post here.
In post 139, NJAC wrote:I don't see a "solid case" against Vedith, and many of your points against him are based on posts he made after you announced your "solid case".

Your arguments seem forced and written just for the sake of supossedly support a scumread, but I have to say they're weak and most of the posts of Vedith are saturated with sarcasm (a bigger dose of it than what I'd like to read, tbh) more than scumminess.

However, this one is a valid point and I want to see Vedith's response:
In post 137, kyndy101 wrote:Why would reactions mean nothing? Also, why are you overlooking Light Ganski's comment by offering the point of looking for a reaction?
While, yes, this is the style of posting that NJAC has adopted (clear from his posts within the game, don't know his meta at all), I don't like the way it's written. Yes, I don't think kyndy's post was very well reasoned, but NJAC doesn't provde any reasoning at all. He says that they're weak and saturated with sarcasm, but doesn't note any examples within her post or explain why they're weak. He makes a point that her posts have come after, but it still seems like a stretch to me, and the softball question he quotes to Vedith seems to me to be an attempt to balance his post out to appear less scummy.

Let's compare this to his post against me.
In post 162, NJAC wrote:@Sora WRT 156:
You initially supported Bastion's push on Kindy with arguments in like
"I actually both agree and disagree with Sir Bastion that the random RVS unvote is somewhat suspicious"
(so you agree but at the same time disagree? :igmeou:), and now that the wagon on Vedith is starting to gain some traction you suddenly end up supporting Kindy's push on him.

IDK but to me your post seems as an excuse to opportunistically vote Vedith.

I'm happy with my vote on you.
When he sees that my post on Vedith starts ramping things up a little more (eventually leading to his claim of Goon Cop), then he does immediately start to react against me (perhaps he didn't think kyndy was worth the time to respond to). I'd like to focus on the second part the quote, which I've quoted. He believes that my explanation isn't adequate, and that the wagon is heating up -
the most important thing to note is that at the time he posted, Vedith only had two votes.
Yes, he may think that my paragraph of explaining why I don't like Vedith's posting is fine, and that's all well and good, but to me (and this is just an emotional read), he seems to be flustered that I'm attacking him. This then makes me think that he's just focused on defending him, and I find it hard to believe it's simply because Vedith calls him town.

This ties in to his reads post here as well.
In post 163, NJAC wrote:
In post 161, SoraAdvent wrote:
@NJAC: Can you please give reads of some sort? I'd love to see who you consider to be the prime suspect now, if you don't mind.
Yep, I was going to give my reads after commenting on some recent posts. A bit of patience please.

Leaning scum: Sora, superbowl.
Null: light, kindy, Lycan, everyone else
Leaning town: Bastian, Vedith, shadow
Guess which two people had a scumlean on Vedith? Superbowl had his reads in 154, and I voted for him as well.

~~~~

At this point the post is looking pretty crowded but posts like 187, 218 and 221 aren't exactly helping this case. In conclusion, I honestly think Vedith is probably town at this point and NJAC might be just trying to buddy up with him to garner his favor.

That being said, VOTE: NJAC
Have to leave now. More later...
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:11 am

Post by NJAC »

F**king quotes. Ignore the quote in my previous post please.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:08 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

VOTE: Heebee

Light's return is actually alright. Not doing NJAC, would prefer not sora either but eh.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 381, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 379, Sir Bastion wrote:Light's wagon is surprisingly light, he's made some really stupid posts with one particular standing out (which I already highlighted) but I am going to have to be unpopular and say he's town and I will oppose any move to lynch him today.
But why though?
Still want this answered though.
deranged and incoherent
?
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 405, NJAC wrote:@SB:

Have you seen no lynches very often?

I think we have plenty of time, why the hurry?
No, I've never seen a no lynch.
What I have seen, however, is shitty, last second wagons/lynches that either don't leave time for a claim and reaction or basically allows scum to wagon whoever they want, since everybody suddenly starts panicking the last day before deadline and ridiculous startup wagons begin to sound like a good idea.
The deadline comes faster than you expect.
Things can come up too, and can limit your access (or sometimes you just have busy days). It does not make sense to screw around with pointless votes this close to the deadline, especially when your second lynch candidate has a wagon. Why would you wait around until the last second, which is beneficial to scum when you have the opportunity not to?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:31 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

@Bowl NJAC's very unlikely to happen given most people not on are opposed. Can you do hebee with me?
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

@Sora what do you make of lycan after the big post?
deranged and incoherent
?
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:01 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

No, I don't want hebee. I think there's better options and wanna hear more. I'd probly join if its the main wagon with like 1-2 days left.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 403, light_ganski wrote:Lycan's first post is 86 where he comes in and RVS votes Vedith, at a stage where we're already out of RVS in my opinion.
The game went up in the middle of the night for me. I was a sleep. Went to work. Tried to have an evening to myself, then caught up on my mafia games and posted 27 hours into the game at page 5. Deal with it.
In post 403, light_ganski wrote:He makes a couple of jokey posts before switching to superbowl in what seems to be
another
random vote at a very late stage.
this was 100% serious
In post 403, light_ganski wrote:In 99 + 101 he then switches onto me for rather questionable reasoning. This was the point at which I first suggested he could be opportunistic scum, but he then didn't post for some time and I sort of forgot about him which is evident in the fact I put him as neutral in my first reads post.
you practically put a lynch me sign on top of yourself. maybe i'm just opportunistic town.
In post 403, light_ganski wrote:In my other reads post I said he was playing antitown but didn't feel as if I could place him down as town or scum at the tie (being that he was a bit of an afterthought to my reads as he hadn't posted in some time, to which he responds in 266 practically instructing me to town or scum read him. At the time I made that reads post I was struggling to build a read out of the small number of posts he'd made but an overall look at his ISO doesn't impress me.
if you read me as anti town you're not reading me as null. you have material to read me with you simply choose not to. passivity is scum.
In post 403, light_ganski wrote:He later says 266 was his jokepost which looks bad if he's not being sarcastic and I don't think he is, that post consists of the majority of the content he has made.
dunno why you're complaining when you make lots of jokeposts
kyndy101
kyndy101
Goon
kyndy101
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by kyndy101 »

Alright guys! Off I go to reread Sora and Light to see if I want to join either wagon. I think last time I had a reads list they were mostly null, so.. We'll see what this brings up
"ARANEA: No! I will not "clam down." Clamming is not something you can do, unless you do it UP, or you are literally retrieving clams from a 8ed of soft oceanic soil"
"TEREZI: 1T 1S L1K3 TH3 L3G1SL4C3R4TORS H4NDBOOK S4YS
TEREZI: THOS3 WHO 4R3 CUT FROM TH3 S4M3 CLOTH
TEREZI: 4R3 F1T TO SW1NG FROM TH3 S4M3 ROP3!"

Return to “Completed Open Games”