Open 646 - Semi Nightless - Game Over (D6)

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 1745, mhsmith0 wrote:Or I'm just WIFOM'ing and confusing you because I'm the last wolf, in which case what I'm talking about carries a much different meaning.
why would you say that e_e
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:18 pm

Post by Transcend »

he's the dude to ask, not me.
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Post by Tenshii »

It was a general question towards anybody who could answer it.
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:22 pm

Post by Tenshii »

@mh Hypothetically Transcend is scum and Thor is town....

Transcend wants to shoot Thor because?
Transcend wants to shoot Io because?
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:24 pm

Post by Tenshii »

Oh wait nvm I totally missed it
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:27 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

@Tenshii: I think you'd need to ask rosske. It's not obvious to me exactly what he was trying to achieve with those posts.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:29 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1750, Transcend wrote:
In post 1745, mhsmith0 wrote:Or I'm just WIFOM'ing and confusing you because I'm the last wolf, in which case what I'm talking about carries a much different meaning.
why would you say that e_e
Why wouldn't I? If I'm town, I'm either challenging you to see how you react or I just don't really care about making vaguely suspicious-looking posts, and if I'm a wolf, I'm trying to manipulate you in some way. What do you think it means?.
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:34 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1753, Tenshii wrote:@mh Hypothetically Transcend is scum and Thor is town....

Transcend wants to shoot Thor because?
Transcend wants to shoot Io because?
Hypothetically Trans is last wolf. Trans's optimal shot is Thor. Trans could be running a scam, or could be lazy in his NK thinking. But in general he's probably going to want to SPK and push through to the end. If he's doing something else, it's probably with the goal of mislynching Thor in the final three, and with that in mind, it makes sense to evaluate Trans in the context of that kind of plan. Is he actively prepping the way forward for an eventual ML of Thor, for instance?
Show
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by Transcend »

I think you're correct in that if I were scum I had several more reasons to kill Thor > Io.

But this is just one kill.

What if it's a gambit on my behalf (just like PJM).

I can guarantee that it's not.

But how come you trust it's not?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:38 pm

Post by Transcend »

WHAT IS SPK BTW LOL!>!??!/!?!?!
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1758, Transcend wrote:I think you're correct in that if I were scum I had several more reasons to kill Thor > Io.

But this is just one kill.

What if it's a gambit on my behalf (just like PJM).

I can guarantee that it's not.

But how come you trust it's not?
Do I fully trust it? No. Is it a piece of evidence that makes me less likely to want you dead? Yes. It goes against the framework of what I'd expect if you were the last wolf, which means that either my framework is wrong (and I certainly need to keep an eye out for this), or you're just not the last wolf.
Show
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:41 pm

Post by Transcend »

ope missed that post.

pedit: fair 'nuff.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:43 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

lol meant to post this a while ago. oops. Anyway...

So among the players who were around to take the shot (excluding Io since she's dead and flipped green):

Would very likely just kill Thor

mhsmith0 (you can believe me or not, but if I'm the last goon I'm shooting Thor basically 100% of the time and lock in that town read he had of me while getting rid of someone who'd be especially likely to catch a screwup of mine)
Luna Fox (just generically obvious kill, she has zero reason to "rock the boat", and in a world where she's gonna pull the strategic sub out stunt, she's gonna leave her replacement with a town bereft of its strongest player)
Transcend (gets rid of someone who's shown on and off suspicion of Transcend [without the kill really seeming to point to Transcend] ), as well as a voice who Transcend wasn't able to influence)
gigabyteTroubadour (caveat here that they may not have fully thought it through, but their optimal move is always a thor shot last night)

Constrained options, no really good shots to spread around suspicion:
Thor665

Others

Tenshii - expressed in that he didn't see why Thor would be an obvious first shot. Also could have been an intentional avoidance of a shot against someone who went after him pre PC flip
Rosske - could have been an attempt to silence Io, could have been a shot by someone who just hasn't been particularly dialed into the game.
Show
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:04 pm

Post by Transcend »

hold it there mhsmith

you have at the moment based on the kill tenshii/rosske as your best scum candidates

but every time i've tried to lynch rosske, you've turned your nose on it and mocked me.

why's that?
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:09 pm

Post by tojam2 »

Haven't seen any votes since the last VC, despite 4 new pages of content.

EDIT:

VC Day 4 - 3

Transcend L-3 - Rosske
Rosske L-3 - Transcend
Tenshii L-3 - Thor665

(expired on 2016-08-29 09:30:00)
Last edited by tojam2 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:32 pm

Post by Transcend »

VOTE: tojam2
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:13 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1704, Rosske wrote:Anyone firmly townreading Transcend is welcome to convince me to join a different wagon.
I currently townread him, and have noted on multiple occasions that you're making up buzzwords and attacking him over them - why are you not noticing that?
In post 1717, Tenshii wrote:Okay so you're defining distant as in not getting involved. How is this not getting involved? Is pushing Phantom, defending Karnos, defending self, asking questions not getting involved?
Yes.
And you have now asked me for the third time the same question - I already described why I don't think you're involved.
In post 1717, Tenshii wrote:So because I'm being distant, people aren't responding to me. So how can people decline to respond to me in the first place if I'm asking questions aka getting involved?
I don't see why asking questions and not pursuing answers defends the position that you are involved.
In post 1717, Tenshii wrote:I mean sure I guess if you wanna do that go ahead. I 100% disagree with it though. By that logic, if he flipped town would you townread me? To the extent that you scumread me now?
No, I wouldn't, but there's a big difference in a two person scum game of defending a flipped scum and defending a flipped town.
In post 1717, Tenshii wrote:
In post 1673, Thor665 wrote:I also don't recall Luna particularly chiming in with support - if you think there's a case there feel free to present it.
I specifically remember Luna saying how she resonated with me and how she felt the whole argument between Thor+Io vs Karnos was TvT.
If you feel there's a case there feel free to present it - what you are doing is lisiting something you think may have happened. You're not stating a belief, you're not providing evidence, you're not making a case.
You're being distant. You appear to want me to state a belief, or make a case, or form a thought. You are doing nothing here. Hence - distant.
In post 1717, Tenshii wrote:Io brought up a post which effectively started the bw on Phantom. I nullified Giga's auto-townread on Phantom due to an RVS vote, which I assumed eventually made Giga scumread Phantom. And I don't necessarily know if scum voted PC. I'm inclined to think that though atm.
When I asked you for the case, you expressly didn't have one.
Are you claiming now that there was a case?
If you think scum voted PC - who do you think is scum?
In post 1717, Tenshii wrote:Okay sure dude, I've done nothing. Is me bringing up my thoughts on Rosske and Karnos's potential partners with reasons a bunch of nothing to you too?
Yes, because you just listed off some stuff, and drew no conclusions. If I hadn't have read it it would do nothing to change my understanding of your reads.
In post 1717, Tenshii wrote:Also, are you so deep in the tunnel and so sold on me being scum that you can post 1680 without even considering Rosske being scum?
I have expressly considered Rosske as scum, and described why I currently town read him as recently as a page back when Transcend asked me to provide info I'd already stated in thread multiple times.
What evidence do you have that leads you to think I didn't consider Rosske for scum? There is nothing but evidence to the contrary.
In post 1727, Tenshii wrote:@Thor

Hypothetically, I get lynched and I flip town. Does that make you scum for pushing a town slot so hard?

I'm 99% sure you'll say "No because...." so whatever reason you have, just apply that to me defending Karnos.
Let's change this up so it isn't a straw man.

Let's say I offer only three real reads in the game, one that I am town, one that a lurker was scum off no case beyond lurking who flipped town, and one that a player was town who later flipped scum. Would I be a valid lynch option?

The answer to that is a clear 'Yes'.

The answer to your question is 'No because...' - but your question does not reflect what I am calling you scum over, so me having a different answer there doesn't actually suggest that I am being hypocritical in any way at all.
In post 1763, mhsmith0 wrote:
Others

Tenshii - expressed in that he didn't see why Thor would be an obvious first shot. Also could have been an intentional avoidance of a shot against someone who went after him pre PC flip
Rosske - could have been an attempt to silence Io, could have been a shot by someone who just hasn't been particularly dialed into the game.
Why would Rosske want to "silence" Io?
Io was pushing a Rosske as town concept prior to his death.
That would be like Rosske wanting to silence me.
In post 1765, tojam2 wrote:
Haven't seen any votes since the last VC, despite 4 new pages of content.
@Mod - There haven't been - I would note that even in that case I would appreciate a new vote count reflecting no vote movement.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:50 am

Post by Transcend »

Thor:

Opinion of MHSmith?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

Lean town.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:52 am

Post by Transcend »

Hmm
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

Indeed.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:29 am

Post by Wingback »

Read up to the beginning of page 33 (the D1 lynch). Gigabyte is still my strongest townread. Have several leaning townreads.

Interactions-wise, given that there are only two scum, I doubt Thor would be so blatant about bussing since he would have to survive all the way to the end while also explaining why he's not dead yet each day from day four.

Transcend is probably town as well for how much he came across like he genuinely believed in Karnos being town to the point where his other reads were dependent on Karnos. I felt some of his twilight posts were a bit overblown () but not unreasonable for someone who's been defending Karnos all along.

Tenshii is a leaning townread for similar reasons. He committed to tying himself to Karnos pretty hard and there was no hesitation in how he townread him (, , ) and statements like "Karnos's posts are absolutely reasonable defenses" and "please don't lynch him" aren't things I can see scum being bold enough to say about a partner. I don't like his wall hackjob with Thor but given he was also posting content about other players, I think he's more likely than not, town.

I haven't seen anything strikingly alignment-indicative from mhsmith but the way he immediately jumped in and started scumhunting Luna Fox is I think slightly more likely to be town. I found his case on Karnos fairly null and could see it from either alignment.

A little background on Karnos - I've played with him once before (I was town and he was scum). He got a lot of pressure from several players D1 but I and another town player started townreading him once the wagon picked up and his posts started sounding genuine. My point is, Karnos has a unique playstyle that causes some people to hard-scumread him and others to hard-townread him. He can't make logical arguments as scum if his life depended on it but tends to look and sound genuine. People who look for the latter when scumhunting are the ones I see most likely to misread him while the ones who focus highly on logic tend to tunnel him. So, I can understand town players hard-pushing him and hard-defending him. Both seem reasonable to me based on what I know of Karnos.

Rosske is the only person I'm scumreading and this is partly a POE read. He never really commits to a stance either way on Karnos, and even when asked, he dodges the question. His contributions have been fairly minimal - mostly just annoyance/scumreading Transcend whenever the latter pushed him, and zero pro-active scumhunting of his own. He neither defended nor pushed Karnos which I can see from a newbie partner.

Going to skim through the rest of the game tonight but I'll start here:

VOTE: Rosske
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by Transcend »

Wingback wrote:Read up to the beginning of page 33 (the D1 lynch). Gigabyte is still my strongest townread. Have several leaning townreads.

Interactions-wise, given that there are only two scum, I doubt Thor would be so blatant about bussing since he would have to survive all the way to the end while also explaining why he's not dead yet each day from day four.

Transcend is probably town as well for how much he came across like he genuinely believed in Karnos being town to the point where his other reads were dependent on Karnos. I felt some of his twilight posts were a bit overblown () but not unreasonable for someone who's been defending Karnos all along.

Tenshii is a leaning townread for similar reasons. He committed to tying himself to Karnos pretty hard and there was no hesitation in how he townread him (, , ) and statements like "Karnos's posts are absolutely reasonable defenses" and "please don't lynch him" aren't things I can see scum being bold enough to say about a partner. I don't like his wall hackjob with Thor but given he was also posting content about other players, I think he's more likely than not, town.

I haven't seen anything strikingly alignment-indicative from mhsmith but the way he immediately jumped in and started scumhunting Luna Fox is I think slightly more likely to be town. I found his case on Karnos fairly null and could see it from either alignment.

A little background on Karnos - I've played with him once before (I was town and he was scum). He got a lot of pressure from several players D1 but I and another town player started townreading him once the wagon picked up and his posts started sounding genuine. My point is, Karnos has a unique playstyle that causes some people to hard-scumread him and others to hard-townread him. He can't make logical arguments as scum if his life depended on it but tends to look and sound genuine. People who look for the latter when scumhunting are the ones I see most likely to misread him while the ones who focus highly on logic tend to tunnel him. So, I can understand town players hard-pushing him and hard-defending him. Both seem reasonable to me based on what I know of Karnos.

Rosske is the only person I'm scumreading and this is partly a POE read. He never really commits to a stance either way on Karnos, and even when asked, he dodges the question. His contributions have been fairly minimal - mostly just annoyance/scumreading Transcend whenever the latter pushed him, and zero pro-active scumhunting of his own. He neither defended nor pushed Karnos which I can see from a newbie partner.

Going to skim through the rest of the game tonight but I'll start here:

VOTE: Rosske
I love you, no homo.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by Wingback »

Still skimming the thread but Gigabyte, since you're pretty active elsewhere, I'd like to hear your thoughts on what I've posted so far and where you are at with your reads.

Return to “Completed Open Games”