Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:43 am

Post by Miztef »

@bootkitty:

Thankfully you are not a horrible replacement. I was basically checking your reaction, although, I do think you are still very scummy, at least you didn't outright show it.

By "Attacked" I meant an actual vote. I didn't even count FoS's or such.

Honestly though, I do believe just picking off a player or 2 right now would be helpful. The town would still be at a good advantage, and we may just hit the scum and not waste time bickering about unimportant details.

Of course, everyone should be expected to defend themselves as usual, and I am not suggesting to sacrifice myself (as I know that would harm the town), however, I see no harm in lynching off 1 or 2 of the most suspicious players very soon.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:01 am

Post by Porochaz »

I dont know why I didnt pick up on this earlier.

The replacements that ended with Miztef:
rj
Gatorguy
Zodiac
ChronX
Miztef.

rj didn't post.

Gatorguy seems to follow px and ds on there stance of IH except for one post where he says px/ds (cant remember who) is being harsh towards IH, then 2 of his posts later he claims everyone should vote IH and HATE HATE HATE. Bit weird.

Zodiac came next, whilst she seemed to be suspicous of px she did in the end vote for Streeflo. Apart from the mostly one liners and the lurking, nothing especially scummy here.

ChronX, suggests we take out the lurkers, I refuse, he gets annoyed so asks to be replaced

Miztef suggests we try "picking off a player or 2" similar to ChronX. Again picking off random players seems to me to be in the scums favour.

So looking back on the whole thread I think my vote is safe as
vote Miztef
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:23 am

Post by ryan »

"New Page" Vote Count

(1) Bookitty (Miztef)
(1) Miztef (Porochaz)

Not Voting: Bookitty, Estes, groinhammer, Streeflo

With 6 alive it is now 2 to lynch.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:38 am

Post by Miztef »

@Porochaz:

While your points may or may not valid, there are some plus points for myself / my replacements.

ChronX did vote for deathsauce which was helpful in his lynch. Would a Mafia ChronX do such a thing?

Gatorguy also had his suspicions of Deathsauce, in his first post actually.

As to ChronX's asking for replacement, it can easily be (and probably is, since I know he was town) pure annoyance at the town. This action can be interpreted as town or scum equally.

Although Gator's actions can be deemed odd, they are confused actions. Scum usually have a plan of some sort behind there actions, Gator's actions are not particularly formulated, and I would argue, are confused townie actions.

As for myself, I never suggested random killings, I'm just suggesting to get on with the killing. Is there any real reason for stalling at this time, we all have our suspects, let's just get going with the lynching. You yourself have just sent out your vote, with weak evidence, and yet you believe I am suspicious for asking to lynch kitty/tornado (I do admit my evidence is not particularly strong as well, but it is definitely not 'random' as you say)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:05 am

Post by Porochaz »

Miztef wrote:@Porochaz:

ChronX did vote for deathsauce which was helpful in his lynch. Would a Mafia ChronX do such a thing?
To distance himself from deathsauce. The ds lynch was inevitable methinks.
Gatorguy also had his suspicions of Deathsauce, in his first post actually.
Yes but its overshadowed by the whole "kill IH" thing...
As to ChronX's asking for replacement, it can easily be (and probably is, since I know he was town) pure annoyance at the town. This action can be interpreted as town or scum equally.
K what do you think of ChronX's post suggesting we lynch GH, Streeflo and Sir/T in that order?
Although Gator's actions can be deemed odd, they are confused actions. Scum usually have a plan of some sort behind there actions, Gator's actions are not particularly formulated, and I would argue, are confused townie actions.
I would agree with you if he was an experienced player but he joined in May 2007, this makes him iffy to me, I find newbie scum sort of explode as they dont know what there doing...
As for myself, I never suggested random killings, I'm just suggesting to get on with the killing. Is there any real reason for stalling at this time, we all have our suspects, let's just get going with the lynching. You yourself have just sent out your vote, with weak evidence, and yet you believe I am suspicious for asking to lynch kitty/tornado (I do admit my evidence is not particularly strong as well, but it is definitely not 'random' as you say)
I didn't say your vote was random as you say you have put evidence in there. It was this bit that made me feel that you were being random
Honestly though, I do believe just picking off a player or 2 right now would be helpful. The town would still be at a good advantage, and we may just hit the scum and not waste time bickering about unimportant details.
You say lets get on with the lynching, Ive given my evidence on why I think you should be lynched, its greater than my suspicion of the other players atm. So thats my vote put down.
Estes
Estes
Goon
Estes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:16 am

Post by Estes »

groinhammer wrote:Estes wait up - what did I miss in #491? You said you had already posted yr. suspicions - the reason why I care so much is b/c I want to get the last scum,
an opinon that you should share!
The fact that yr. not voting for me is immaterial at this point, no-one should be voting for anyone until we've heard from the other players. All I'm asking you to do is clarify why you said
I already stated why. If you care so much take some effort to go look for it.
when you hadn't actually said anything.
I do.

As for the rest; yes I do have a hunch you're mafia. I said before (when DS was still alive) that I was probably wrong. But I do have a hunch. Is that clarified enough or am I misunderstanding what I'm being asked?
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by MCHammer »

I'm assuming yr. obliquely quoting the '
an opinion that you should share!
with yr.
I do
. Estes, I don't think you've even read that post properly, let alone understood it. Yr. talking bollocks & yr. posts are inconsistent, but no matter.

I'm more concerned over
poro@MZ wrote:Yes but its overshadowed by the whole "kill IH" thing...
Poro, this amongst other things you've just stated in that post I just don't get. Gatorguy was just a terrible player - miz seems similar (he even apologised a/b it) - I think you might just have read that & then an argument formed in yr. brain.

Unless I hear otherwise
vote: Porochaz
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I have serious doubts about Porochaz going way back to the IH incident at the start of the game where he tried to tie himself so closely to Khelvaster. I don't really know why that was overlooked later, because IH was involved in both of those "quicklynches" and actually ordered the second one as some sort of punitive measure.

I'm still not convinced I understood that entire discussion, though, so I'm not placing a vote until I finish one more reread.

I do think it's odd that of the two people I find most suspicious right now (and yes, I know only one of them can be scum), one is voting for the other one, and the other one is voting for me.

Okay, back to rereading.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by Miztef »

This is gonna seem completely OMGUS, but I don't agree with any of Porochaz's logic, and I believe it is not bad play driving him, but scummy play.

He skews what I say and uses faulty logic to counter argue points.
For example, whose to say how much experience gator actually had? Just because he joined in may? How about other sites, how many games did he play?

Was the deathsauce lynch inevitable? I don't think so.
Again picking off random players seems to me to be in the scums favour.
I didn't say your vote was random as you say you have put evidence in there. It was this bit that made me feel that you were being random
I think that's pretty close to saying I was condoning random votes.

I'm gonna go right ahead and hammer him, if he's not scum, so be it. I will take whatever responsibility is fair for hammering him.

Unvote Vote: Porochaz
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by Miztef »

I didn't preview, so I didn't see kitty's post before I posted btw. You can choose to believe this or not, I'm just mentioning for whatever may come up.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by Porochaz »

One down, four to go, whoevers the mafia is doing a great job...

Porochaz/IH/timmers2001 were town
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by Porochaz »

btw thats my first lynch, thanks all, this was a good game for me whilst it lasted.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Interesting how Miztef keeps saying things along the lines of "Town outnumber scum anyway, what's the harm?"
Estes
Estes
Goon
Estes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by Estes »

I think it is safe to assume either Miztef or groinhammer is mafia at this point. GH has been warning everyone not to put down votes yet because it could cause an accidental quick-lynch and what does he do? Puts down a vote. Dang.

btw gh, how have I been inconsistent? I fail to see it (Not calling you out, I just really want to know where I've contradicted myself).
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I'm having one of those WIFOM moments I've learned to dread. "Surely scum wouldn't be so bold..." "But they'd know we'd think this far too bold for scum..." -sighs-

In my view, it would be helpful for town to have some discussion before lynching someone at L-1, to glean as much information as possible from the person under suspicion, in case they AREN'T scum. We could have gone into the new day with much more data to work with. Instead we're basically in the same position as yesterday, but with one less townie to help our investigations.

I would request that no one quickhammer anyone when the new day officially starts. We need more information or scum could still win, despite our numerical advantage.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:26 pm

Post by Miztef »

meh, I'm not even all that surprised he was town. My top suspicion is still bookitty. I'm willing to jump on a gh vote as well.

Why? Simply because bookitty has never voted against a mafia, and no mafia against her. In a game with so little votes needed to lynch, every vote is very important, and therefore, scum are extra likely to keep off eachother's back.

Estes and Streeflo have helped in the lynch of mafia, which is massive + points in a game like this.

Most else in the thread is "fluff", sure, there's the helpful comment here and there, but a scum can be helpful as well. I have only quick read through the game, but with no claiming in this game, there is very little to go off expect votes.

At this time, I know it looks like I am scum. I basically just crush a townie without a second thought.

Since there is no protection of scumbuddies anymore, what info can we truely gain anymore? NOTHING. That's right. nothing.

The only posts worth analyzing are posts from when at least 2 scum were alive. There could be protection of each other then.

That is to say, only posts that take evidence from back then are pointful. The last scum can say whatever the hell he/she wants now, since they have no one to protect or care about. Their only goal is the same as everyone elses, to stay alive.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:22 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Miztef, you replaced ChronX, who also claimed a real urge to move the game along by quicklynching a few people. So it looks like it's a role urgency, rather than a personal playstyle. You claim I'm your top suspicion, and give what I consider to be a bogus reason. You also claim you're "willing to jump on a gh vote as well," but give no reason at all for this.

Care to explain why you're willing to vote groinhammer, please?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:47 am

Post by ryan »

(In a hurry so....................)

Porochaz was TOWN

Vote Count

Not Voting: Bookitty, Estes, groinhammer, Streeflo, Miztef

With 5 alive it is now 2 to lynch.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:00 am

Post by Miztef »

@bookitty: It's not so much that I have a great reason to vote gh, just I have great reasons to NOT vote estes and streeflo.

As scum, is there really a good reason to rush? I could continually say "helpful" things as scum at this time, and look good, (as you are doing bookitty), however, anything said from this point that talks about things happening after deathsauce died can be said equally from a scum or town player. There is no one the scum has to protect but him/her self. Which is the same goal as everyone else now.

I am probably going to do a reread of sir tornado and gh's posts, see what evidence I can come up with.

Whatever the case, I don't agree with estes or streeflo as the lynch today. They have enough good marks in my books that I find it quite unlikely they are scum.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:29 am

Post by Bookitty »

Miztef wrote:As scum, is there really a good reason to rush?
Yes, actually, I think there is. More time to talk is more time to accidentally say something incriminating and to give oneself away.

I'd be interested in hearing everyone's top suspect, if that's feasible, before I place a vote on anyone. I think that discussion is always good for town, and if a mislynch happens in that case, at least we have information to carry forward so we don't CONTINUE to make mistakes.

My top suspect is Miztef, because both he and ChronX seemed in a big hurry to lynch, and haven't seemed to care much if they hit scum or town.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:06 pm

Post by Miztef »

I do care about hitting scum, I just have almost all the info I need already. I see no reason to continue bickering about who to lynch. Everyone has their top suspects already set.

Sure, scum could slip up, but it's pretty much equally likely for town to slip up at this point. The goal of every player at this point is to stay alive. I don't see how a scum would be more likely to make a mistake then town.

I'm not going to count your suspicions against me as OMGUS, but it's not founded on much solid evidence. I've always been an impatient player, and in this game it actually makes very little difference if we go long days or short days. All the useful evidence is already out there, Everyone is just gonna be looking for evidence that makes them look better, and others look worse.

I'm gonna
vote: Bookitty
already, just to show I'm serious that I believe there is little use in prolonging the days. (Although, it is worth waiting at least 3-5 days between each day just to give players a chance to give in any comments on each lynch, and re-evaluate past evidence)
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by ryan »

Vote Count

(1) Bookitty (Miztef)

Not Voting: Bookitty, Estes, groinhammer, Streeflo

With 5 alive it is now 2 to lynch.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:34 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Although Estes's play might have been a brilliant scum bus because it was later in the game, I won't be voting Estes anytime soon.

My gut leans toward Miztef right now. I like my gut. Then Bookity and by POE, groinhammer.

Vote: Miztef
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:16 am

Post by Miztef »

We are nearing the final stretches of the game, and you vote me (in a 2 votes to lynch situation) based purely on gut?

Are you just saying gut, but actually have some evidence against me? Or are you honestly just gonna vote me off cause your gut tells you to?

I don't particularly mind if I'm voted off, since you are gonna go after Bookitty after anyway, but seriously, no evidence at all?

I think I just hit one of those WIFOM moments kitty mentioned before. ugh.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:19 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay, first, Miztef, what is the difference between placing a vote based on gut instinct, and placing a hammer to pick off a player or two? Why is it all right for you to hammer without much discussion, but not all right for someone else to vote you based on a gut feeling about your behaviour? Your willingness to hammer without any discussion IS evidence. Your comment about not even being that surprised that Porochaz was town, when YOU hammered him, shows that you didn't feel you had solid evidence for that lynch. So why is it okay when you do it, and not okay when someone else does it?

Streeflo, do you have serious suspicions that "Estes's play might have been a brilliant scum bus because it was later in the game", or was it just a possibility that occurred to you? I was pretty well assuming Estes was town, and haven't seen anything to make me feel otherwise. Just curious why you brought this up now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”