Mini Normal 1814 Machiavellian Mafia (Game Over)

Zap Rowsdower
Zap Rowsdower
Goon
Zap Rowsdower
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:55 am

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

In post 1848, Dwlee99 wrote:tell me when that was posted
You posted in the discussion thread on January 30 this year. I found that post and quoted it in this game on August 14.

Spoiler:
In post 1550, Zap Rowsdower wrote:OK found this, from a thread titled "Is it ever right to lie as a townie?"
In post 5, Dwlee99 wrote:What about when rc fake claimed a guilty and made the scum team forfeit?
In post 16, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 13, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 5, Dwlee99 wrote:What about when rc fake claimed a guilty and made the scum team forfeit?
Never fakeclaim guilites.
I never would. But then there is RC..
I was actually going to pull this game to show Dw how disastrous it can be for town when you fake a guilty. Since he knows about it, it would be pretty fucking shitty for him to fake a guilty now.
I wonder if there's beer on the sun
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:04 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 1846, Dwlee99 wrote:not on ira's but on zap's and maria's
Why would it have bearing on their alignment but not ira's?

Let's say ira is town. You don't think scum would be hesitant in jumping on a fake guilty presented halfway through the day?
Zap Rowsdower
Zap Rowsdower
Goon
Zap Rowsdower
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:12 am

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

In post 1849, Nero Cain wrote:Do you think DW's "reaction" tests are townie?
Well, yes, kinda. Because I just feel like it goes against the grain of scum motivation, you know? Like, you draw attention to yourself by faking not one but two guilties? And then you call people town as a result? Just doesn't really help to get mislynches. Maybe if he's partners with Maria it'd make a bit more sense, but I still have a hard time believing Maria could be scum.

And then, I mean, think about what would've happened if Dw had stuck to the fake guilty on ira. It only makes sense if Dw and ira are partners together, because if ira flipped town then Dw would have to expect that we'd just turbolynch him the next day. And scumDw would know that ira was flipping town now that the traitor has flipped.

So then, what if ira
is
Dw's partner? They'd really pull that after losing the third member of their team? I know the automatic answer is "yeah they'd do it because they knew you'd townread them for it!!!!" but I just have a hard time believing that.

Not to mention the whole thing where I have a really hard time believing ira is scum anyway.

So the other option is that Dw is scum who's just flat-out lying right now about his intentions with the ira gambit. As in, he didn't really intend to get ira lynched when he fakeclaimed the guilty. That's the reason I'm still not totally willing to close the door on Dw being scum. The meta you claim exists might help me sort it out. Dw linked to some game where he was town but I lazily ctrl + f'ed his ISO in that game and couldn't find anything that looked like gambiting so I'm not sure what Dw was trying to show with it.

At any rate I just feel like there's so much more sketchy shit going on with BYF. He's bungling his reasons for scumreading me, he's sheeping the shallow reasoning that I'm scum because my reaction when I realized I'd accidentally hammered CR "looked fake" (I'd be sincerely interested to see an example of somebody realizing they'd accidentally hammered where nobody tried to argue the next day that the reaction "looked fake") and his actions in this game have largely benefited scum.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1850, Zap Rowsdower wrote:
In post 1848, Dwlee99 wrote:tell me when that was posted
You posted in the discussion thread on January 30 this year. I found that post and quoted it in this game on August 14.

Spoiler:
In post 1550, Zap Rowsdower wrote:OK found this, from a thread titled "Is it ever right to lie as a townie?"
In post 16, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 13, Alchemist21 wrote:
Never fakeclaim guilites.
I never would. But then there is RC..
I was actually going to pull this game to show Dw how disastrous it can be for town when you fake a guilty. Since he knows about it, it would be pretty fucking shitty for him to fake a guilty now.
so you acknowledge that I said those words 7 months ago. lol
In post 1851, Elyse wrote:
In post 1846, Dwlee99 wrote:not on ira's but on zap's and maria's
Why would it have bearing on their alignment but not ira's?

Let's say ira is town. You don't think scum would be hesitant in jumping on a fake guilty presented halfway through the day?
They might be hesitant but the way zap and maria reacted to it was more than just hesitating.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Zap Rowsdower
Zap Rowsdower
Goon
Zap Rowsdower
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

In post 1853, Dwlee99 wrote:so you acknowledge that I said those words 7 months ago. lol
"Never" is not a finite word. So you've changed your mind on fakeclaiming? Why?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:18 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I wanted ira lynched ???
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:55 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1843, Zap Rowsdower wrote:
In post 1795, BigYoshiFan wrote:I wanted both of you lynched before the day started and before you guys started tunneling me so interpret that however you want.
So you wanted us lynched before the day started, OK. Except that your reasoning for wanting us lynched is this:
In post 1779, BigYoshiFan wrote:I'm down for the lynch of either Gerryoat or Zap, and it's not because they want me dead (well kinda, obviously), but
because they are both focusing on me and only me, making no reads on anyone else or considering the scumread of another.
And yesterday I pretty much just focused on Elyse. So why did you say that the reason you want me lynched is because I'm "focusing on you and only you"?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:57 am

Post by MariaR »

Anyone who says Ira/Dw scum is getting auto slapped in the face because the only way that is happening is if you think 1 of Ira/DW can solo carry this game (unless you wanna say we have 4 scum in a 14 player game and I'll just self delete now) and I don't think either of them could solo carry as a scum team and would most likely buddy the heck out of each other

Does no one want to talk on the traitor thing or are we all gonna auto tr that and not think it's fake ever
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:58 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I mean I CAN carry a scum team lol
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:59 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1857, MariaR wrote:Does no one want to talk on the traitor thing or are we all gonna auto tr that and not think it's fake ever
is this about Zaps hammer?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:00 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=65515
~ego~
anyway, though, I don't think minor inconsistencies always point towards scum. I think occasionally town make these mistakes.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:00 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=65515
~ego~
anyway, though, I don't think minor inconsistencies always point towards scum. I think occasionally town make these mistakes.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:04 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 1859, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1857, MariaR wrote:Does no one want to talk on the traitor thing or are we all gonna auto tr that and not think it's fake ever
is this about Zaps hammer?
No it's about the uniserial tr everyone gave Gerry because "he didn't know how traitor worked" I think Zap and Gerry faked that whole thing and it's a really easy thing to fake also
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1852, Zap Rowsdower wrote:
In post 1849, Nero Cain wrote:Do you think DW's "reaction" tests are townie?
Well, yes, kinda. Because I just feel like it goes against the grain of scum motivation, you know? Like, you draw attention to yourself by faking not one but two guilties? And then you call people town as a result? Just doesn't really help to get mislynches. Maybe if he's partners with Maria it'd make a bit more sense, but I still have a hard time believing Maria could be scum.

And then, I mean, think about what would've happened if Dw had stuck to the fake guilty on ira. It only makes sense if Dw and ira are partners together, because if ira flipped town then Dw would have to expect that we'd just turbolynch him the next day. And scumDw would know that ira was flipping town now that the traitor has flipped.

So then, what if ira
is
Dw's partner? They'd really pull that after losing the third member of their team? I know the automatic answer is "yeah they'd do it because they knew you'd townread them for it!!!!" but I just have a hard time believing that.

Not to mention the whole thing where I have a really hard time believing ira is scum anyway.

So the other option is that Dw is scum who's just flat-out lying right now about his intentions with the ira gambit. As in, he didn't really intend to get ira lynched when he fakeclaimed the guilty. That's the reason I'm still not totally willing to close the door on Dw being scum. The meta you claim exists might help me sort it out. Dw linked to some game where he was town but I lazily ctrl + f'ed his ISO in that game and couldn't find anything that looked like gambiting so I'm not sure what Dw was trying to show with it.

At any rate I just feel like there's so much more sketchy shit going on with BYF. He's bungling his reasons for scumreading me, he's sheeping the shallow reasoning that I'm scum because my reaction when I realized I'd accidentally hammered CR "looked fake" (I'd be sincerely interested to see an example of somebody realizing they'd accidentally hammered where nobody tried to argue the next day that the reaction "looked fake") and his actions in this game have largely benefited scum.
ok well, both me and Elyse have done "reaction" tests and you have no trouble scum reading us so?

"BUT DW DID TWO!"

I think his "tests" are null and I'm having a hard time seeing you as town believe that he's townie but Elyse and I are not. Also I'm p sure that it was Elyse that fakeclaimed a guilty on Maria...not DW. I think DW's "reaction" test was fakeclaiming a guilty on Elyse. I think he DID call her town but has since backtracked and is scumreading her as town.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1863, Nero Cain wrote:I think DW's "reaction" test was fakeclaiming a guilty on Elyse. I think he DID call her town but has since backtracked and is
scumreading her as town.
what do it mean
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I am much much more confident on DW being scum mostly b/c his voting pattern today is all kinds of shit. He has voted both pretty much confirmed town reads (Ira and Elyse) and has a scum read on the only guys to actually get scum lynched this game. He's voting this way b/c he knows he's scum and voting outside of the obvious kills (Ira, Elyse) would help town narrow down who is buddy is. A DW scum means that
BOTH
Zap and Gerry can't be scum. And Zap is defending the living daylights out of DW so I could see a DW/Zap team. Sheep me if you aren't already.

I think CR makes Elyse p obviously town.

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:15 am

Post by MariaR »

What did CR do that makes Elyse ultra town and you shouldn't be townreading people that pushed on scum because mafia don't know there traitor unless you think CR coded somewhere
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1070, itlepip wrote:
Votecount 1.14 FINAL

For every dark night, there's a brighter day.

Map Wolf: MariaR, BigYoshiFan, Elyse, BlackStar, iraonavp, Dwlee, Nero Cain, [L-0]

iraonavp:
Comparing Realities, Map Wolf [L-5]
BigYoshiFan:
gerryoat, Rosske, Zap Rowsdower, [L-4]

Not voting (1)
- Wake 88,

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

(expired on 2016-08-01 12:00:00) remain until day end

[/quote]
nero assume I am town for this excercise.
Who is the scum on the map wagon. I think it is elyse.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:18 am

Post by MariaR »

Dw answer me this please: Why are you trying to lynch Ira when that was the ONLY person CR pushed on the whole game?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

CR knew who scum were. I think CR telling Elyse that her Zap read was confirmation bias sounds like scum with inside info and thus he was talking to town. I am not sure on whether or not this means Zap is scum or he was telling Elyse this was a TvT.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1868, MariaR wrote:Dw answer me this please: Why are you trying to lynch Ira when that was the ONLY person CR pushed on the whole game?
I've been reconsidering but I've tunneled partners the whole game before.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1867, Dwlee99 wrote:
Votecount 1.14 FINAL

Map Wolf: MariaR, BigYoshiFan, Elyse, BlackStar, iraonavp, Dwlee, Nero Cain, [L-0]

iraonavp:
BigYoshiFan:

Not voting (1)
- Wake 88,

Who is the scum on the map wagon. I think it is elyse.[/quote]
"ignore me and look over there!"

please step into the noose

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1867, Dwlee99 wrote:
Votecount 1.14 FINAL

iraonavp:
BigYoshiFan:

Not voting (1)
- Wake 88,

Who is the scum on the map wagon. I think it is elyse.[/quote]
"ignore me and look over there!"

please step into the noose

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:22 am

Post by MariaR »

If you tr that I'd prob put Zap in the "obv town" spot along with Elyse cause if Zap was scum CR would prob not bring that up.

Good thing I don't tr that.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Dwlee99 »