PAGETOP

Hebee Inc [1]
Vedith
Vedith [4]
HighHopes, superbowl9, Raskolnikov, Sir Bastion

Not Voting [5]
kyndy101, Lycanfire, Hebee Inc, shaddowez, ironstove

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2016-09-04 21:15:00)
pagetop count: Lilith 8 | light_ganski 3 | Vedith 3 | shaddowez 2 | kyndy101 2 | HighHopes 2 | NJAC 2 | Hebee Inc 1
Last edited by lilith2013 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:29 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 572, Sir Bastion wrote:Vedith with all the ups and downs where does your read of kyndy sit now?
Town
I claim scum \o/
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 576, Vedith wrote:
In post 572, Sir Bastion wrote:Vedith with all the ups and downs where does your read of kyndy sit now?
Town

and is that still built primarily on your prior experiences or is there something specific in this game that pushes that read?
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:32 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 577, Sir Bastion wrote:and is that still built primarily on your prior experiences or is there something specific in this game that pushes that read?
Both
I claim scum \o/
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Can you point to something in the game, something you liked.
Scum:

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:34 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 579, Sir Bastion wrote:Can you point to something in the game, something you liked.
Why would I point out to you?
I think you are the 3rd scum
I claim scum \o/
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:40 am

Post by shaddowez »

Vedith
- In you list Kyndy as a town read, and then don't mention her again until your D2 result. Why choose her instead of one of your scum reads?
V/LA on Weekends
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 580, Vedith wrote:
In post 579, Sir Bastion wrote:Can you point to something in the game, something you liked.
Why would I point out to you?
I think you are the 3rd scum

I'll try and talk about something else, but it really is the weirdness around kyndy that is the nub here.

When did I become the 3rd scum?

Because you mentioned me in the justification for checking kyndy ("After
Sir Bastian
mentioned that I could have been thinking wrong with Kyndy, I wanted to at least clear Kyndy from Goon.") But you wont talk to me now because I am the third scum!

so that means between you considering my observation during the night and the last page I must have shifted but all your arguments as to why I'm scum go back to day 1.

So you either heeded my words despite being scum, but are being tight lip now

or name dropping me in your report was just a formality?
Scum:

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 581, shaddowez wrote:
Vedith
- In you list Kyndy as a town read, and then don't mention her again until your D2 result. Why choose her instead of one of your scum reads?
I already said why when I said my result.
I claim scum \o/
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by ironstove »

Hi All,

Just checking in on the thread, I haven't caught up yet on the game but once I do I'll make a posting to share my thoughts and reads if I have any.

I'll come back in to catch up on the reading after I've finished up my work in a few hours.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 583, Vedith wrote:
Vedith
That doesn't explain why you didn't check one of your stronger scum reads instead. Your explanation also makes no sense - "I thought she was town, but I checked her to make sure she's not a goon, which doesn't mean she's town, but I think she's town". You're backpedaling, and it's not working out for you.

FOS: Vedith

Consider this L-1. I don't want the day to end quite yet by a derp/quickhammer, but there's no real reason to put him at L-1 since we're not exactly going to get a claim.
V/LA on Weekends
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by ironstove »

I don't think we should hammer yet. Verdith is 100% confirmed scum, or highhopes is getting lynch tomorrow. It makes absolutely no sense for highhopes to counter the claim the way he did, and I'm positive verdeth is scum based on the interaction highlights between him and highhopes.

Reading through the thread I have some questions:

1. Why is heebee being voted on? Was it due to low activity? He doesn't seem scummy at all from his ISO.

2. Are there a total of 2 or 3 mafia in the game? I get the feeling there is 3 from reading the setup, but I was a bit confused because the initial posts said day chat could be selected as an ability.

So far my reads are as follows, and I will give explanations for my null/scum reads:

I want to note that these reads can change as the game progresses as I haven't had a second read-through yet:

HighHopes, SuperBowl, Shadow - Strong town reads

People I am town reading because they come off as garbage-tier town players- Raskolnikov, Sir bastion

Heebee - null read because he seems town from his posts but he's not posting enough to confirm or deny this. I really don't like this guy in the game.

Kyndy - scum because she makes long, windy posts that don't say much but tries to appear like she's engaged and helping the scum hunt. I don't like the lack of pressure she put on verdith, initially on that long post , she makes a really weak scum case. Verdeth was initially her RVS vote, after she switched from superbowl. This could have been an initial setup for a bus if it became necessary FMPOV. More of her posts have a lot written but also don't say anything. This could be due to her weak town play or because she's legit mafia. The interaction that Verdith had on D2 clearing kyndy is very interesting WIFOM.

Lycan - Scum because he sounds way too confident early on in his posts, and FMPOV talks like he has way more information than a town player should have. His posts become more and more scummy in the sense that he is very unhelpful, hostile to town, doesn't provide scum/town reads, and he makes a post @ , this is the longest post he has made in this game by far, and it provides a full list of reads and when pressure is applied by other players about those reads, he redacts everything with comments stating it's a joke post, although 266 says A LOT about the state of the game. Might have been a slip IMO.

Right now I am detecting a scum team of Verdeth, Kyndy, and Lycan.

I am almost positive that Verdeth is scum and highhopes is clear, so I am also alright with lynching either of my 2 other scum reads this game because we already know Verdeth is outted as scum.
kyndy101
kyndy101
Goon
kyndy101
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:18 pm

Post by kyndy101 »

ACH sorry guys gotta catch up it was a really stressful day today
"ARANEA: No! I will not "clam down." Clamming is not something you can do, unless you do it UP, or you are literally retrieving clams from a 8ed of soft oceanic soil"
"TEREZI: 1T 1S L1K3 TH3 L3G1SL4C3R4TORS H4NDBOOK S4YS
TEREZI: THOS3 WHO 4R3 CUT FROM TH3 S4M3 CLOTH
TEREZI: 4R3 F1T TO SW1NG FROM TH3 S4M3 ROP3!"
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by ironstove »

I realize I forgot to include light in my reads, at the moment I am getting a strong town read from him.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 586, ironstove wrote:Why is heebee being voted on? Was it due to low activity? He doesn't seem scummy at all from his ISO.
Kinda, combination of very little content, not explaining vote switches (which are incompatible with stated reads btw) and overall opportunistic play. That's imo at least, don't know whether anyone else has put out a case.
In post 586, ironstove wrote:Are there a total of 2 or 3 mafia in the game? I get the feeling there is 3 from reading the setup, but I was a bit confused because the initial posts said day chat could be selected as an ability.
There's three total, two goons and one traitor. They can choose up to 3 power ups (one of them is to recruit the traitor).
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:48 pm

Post by ironstove »

Alright thanks.

We have 1 mislynch today and tomorrow we have a guaranteed scum lynch in verdeth, I think today we go for the lynch that provides us the most information. The person I'd like to lynch is heebee, but he provides little information. I really dislike having null players in the game up to D2 but I'm cautiously town reading him more than anything.

I'd really like to lynch kyndy today because her lynch will provide me the most information because of the interactions she's had with other players and the people who provided reads against her. If she flips town I'll have information to rework my reads.

What are your thoughts on this?
kyndy101
kyndy101
Goon
kyndy101
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by kyndy101 »

Ok so first off: What even

Why the heck would Highhopes role block the so-claimed rolecop? I don't understand that. Why would Vedith lie and say that I was definitely not a goon when he got a no result? I suppose if he said he got no result, then we would suspect him of forging his role... Hmm

Then again, it would be handy dandy if both Highhopes and Vedith are both scum and are forging this whole thing to make a complex excuse for both being town and both PRs / unlynchable. But that would also mean a lot of risk for that sort of scum team, and although I can see Vedith pulling a risk like that, I don't find that scumteam likely.

Before I forget, welcome to the game, ironstone!

Anywho back to the nitty gritty; I believe that either High hopes or Vedith is scum, maybe both, but probably the latter. I was allowing Vedith's claim last day phase as clearing him as town (which I don't think was wrong, but I also don't think the claim should have allowed us to stop suspicion). The Vedith cases provided so far by everyone look very tempting to me; I will leave tonight with a
FoS: Vedith
"ARANEA: No! I will not "clam down." Clamming is not something you can do, unless you do it UP, or you are literally retrieving clams from a 8ed of soft oceanic soil"
kyndy101
kyndy101
Goon
kyndy101
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by kyndy101 »

In post 585, shaddowez wrote:
In post 583, Vedith wrote:
Vedith
That doesn't explain why you didn't check one of your stronger scum reads instead. Your explanation also makes no sense - "I thought she was town, but I checked her to make sure she's not a goon, which doesn't mean she's town, but I think she's town". You're backpedaling, and it's not working out for you.

FOS: Vedith

Consider this L-1. I don't want the day to end quite yet by a derp/quickhammer, but there's no real reason to put him at L-1 since we're not exactly going to get a claim.
In case anyone's curious I'm FoSing Vedith because I agree with not wanting a derp/quick hammer like the last day :facepalm:
HighHopes
HighHopes
Townie
HighHopes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by HighHopes »

Raskolnikov wrote:I didn't think you'd blow my mind again like this.
Easy there, fella.
No mind blowing until Vedith actually flips traitor.

...You
can
, however, be impressed at the guts it took to roleblock a claimed power role. :P
My only question is why you guys quickhammed NJAC and didn't push hebee when it was perfectly viable yesterday?
It's KTS, plus, NJAC was in the tier where overall, he was "possible scum". Not a main candidate, but one where I certainly wasn't gonna step in and tell him, "Hey, don't do that". For further explanation, see also: it's KTS. :P
HighHopes
HighHopes
Townie
HighHopes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:01 pm

Post by HighHopes »

shaddowez wrote: I don't want the day to end quite yet by a derp/quickhammer, but there's no real reason to put him at L-1 since we're not exactly going to get a claim.
This is true enough: there is no reason to rush the day.

HOWEVER,
Make no mistake:
ironstove wrote:I am almost positive that Verdeth is scum and highhopes is clear, so I am also alright with lynching either of my 2 other scum reads this game because we already know Verdeth is outted as scum.
We know Vedith is confirmed scum, yes, but we don't know what
type
Say I'm wrong. Which can happen on occasion. Say Vedith's a goon, and we let him live. Well, assuming he's the traitor, we'd go off roleblocking someone else, and he'd be free to make the nightkill because we let confscum live. (This would be particularly sad if it turns out there's only two groupscum, just with Vedith as one of them.)

Now, I happen to think Vedith is the traitor. But I think we'd all be able to make more informed decisions if we got confirmation of this as fact.

So, we are 100% lynching Vedith today. No ifs, ands, or buts.
HighHopes
HighHopes
Townie
HighHopes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by HighHopes »

On that note, contingency plan:
IF VEDITH FLIPS MAFIA GOON/PR, WE WILL BLOCK LYCANFIRE.

IF VEDITH FLIPS MAFIA TRAITOR, DISREGARD THE ABOVE; WE WILL DECIDE OUR BLOCK FROM A SELECT LIST OF PLAYERS RANDOMLY. (Said list will be privately discussed and refined in our hydra PT, as well as the random block, for obvious reasons.)
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:16 pm

Post by ironstove »

I forgot to take into consideration the traitor/goon mechanics, so you have a point. I don't have anything left to discuss unless someone has something to point out about my reads, has a problem with this plan, or has any questions for me.

I will put my vote on Verdeth in about 12 hours from now less someone feels there is further discussion to make.

I also think kyndy's response to my scum accusation is very weak and I don't like how she is still trying to sus highhopes. This goes back into my theory that she is bad town or obvious scum and I am leaning on the latter.
HighHopes
HighHopes
Townie
HighHopes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by HighHopes »

KORNROW KENNY HE WAS BORN WITH A VISION

yo iron i'm down to just fucking lynch you and kyndy rn u feel me dawg? or maybe we go for something like a rask lynch.
A
A
A
A
A

lets do itm y dudes. kornrow kennys got my side int hits debacle Image
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:46 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 586, ironstove wrote:highhopes is getting lynch tomorrow
:lol:
I claim scum \o/
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:57 pm

Post by ironstove »

In post 598, Vedith wrote:
In post 586, ironstove wrote:highhopes is getting lynch tomorrow
:lol:
Taken out of context. I said if Verdeth flips town then highhopes is obvious scum.

Return to “Completed Open Games”